What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,798 comments
Food and drink I made for my son for his birthday

1720178628315.png

1720178647470.png

I finally owned up to a shocking truth about myself: I’ve never seen the movie Sneakers. So a friend gifted it to me on iTunes. And just in time, I picked up these three bags of Calbee Shrimp Chips in Sriracha Mayo, Hot Garlic, and Wasabi flavors.
IMG_6139.jpeg

I made and inhaled some Khao Mun Gai (Hainanese chicken rice?), with enough for some leftovers, bro.

It's uh... chicken cooked in broth, served with rice steamed in broth, a side of broth soup, sliced cucumbers on the side, and a dish of some tasty mildly spicy sweet viscous ginger soy sauce.

Kinda like this pic I lifted off the internet, but mine's not as pretty:

cropped-khao-mun-gai-11l.jpg
Same but at Kampong Chicken House in Upper Thomson Road. One of Singapore's more popular Hainanese chicken rice places, it's always packed.

20240708_130821.jpg
20240708_123930.jpg

Last edited:
A3743BBD-D7A3-4777-A660-95FFD83362CF.jpg

Thai green fruity cream soda Fanta, bro! My usual Asian market had individual 250ml bottles for $2, USD. I was shocked that they had it, and shocked that it was for less than most places online (often $3~5, USD). Sure, it wasn't my preferred nam dang (the red sala flavor often labeled 'strawberry'), but Thai green fruity cream soda Fanta is better than no Thai Fanta. 🤤

I'm fixing to eat a Big Bacon Classic from Wendy's and going to eat some fries with it. And a 20-oz coke.
Guilty pleasures.

(Racist?) fastfood story:
I have KFC near by and few dorms full of foreign students(Asians and Africans). Not sure why, but 90% of the Africans I meet are heading to or heading out of KFC. Its not closest restaurant nearby or cheapest. Guess, they just like fry chicken or scared to eat shawarma(me too).

BTW, all Africans I met here are super nice guys, for whatever reason, even if half of them are soldiers.

Asian pals buying food in local supermarket, probably we don't have any fastfood that meeting their standards in close proximity.

Back