What did you do in FM23 today?

• Thread starter DextroCat
  • 717 comments
Finished the MX-5 Challenge, then built up my '94 into a C Class racer for the Open Class. Probably going to do German Rivals next before jumping into the Contemporary Tour.

Finished the open series and got two cars up to 50 doing it. Then I took on the Italian Ingenuity series, using the F50 GT (I usually just pick the lightest car available. Usually), I love that car in FM. Honestly didn't do a thing to it, not even checking the tire pressures, it didn't need anything. Until I got to Le Mans and decided I might have problems with those big straights and faster cars and tossed the twin turbo upgrade on it. That was interesting. The now way overpowered and no longer merely borderline psychotic engine laughed at the widest tires available and called the downforce "cute" as the rears lit up...

I had a few days off and managed to grind quite a bit. I’m up to 416 cars (2 duplicates, Acura NSX and Audi R8) so just 102 more cars to go according to the car list on this forum, although I think that list includes cars I have to wait to buy, win, or are free from car pass, so probably less than 100 more to buy.

I bought all the remaining BMW’s which cost about a million credits and then all the Porsche’s which cost me 2 million, both at 25% discount, so I’m around 2.5 million credits when I like to be above 4 million credits most of the time. So up next is grinding back to 4.5 million before I buy out the next brand which is going to be Lamborghini.

Managed to get the "Race Craft" achievement earlier when I tried the Formula 70s series, so that takes care of one of the more difficult achievements; certainly helps that most randos don't seem to have the best control over these older machines ;).

Put a few of my cars on auto drive to see which was the quickest with AI...

And found out some of them cannot drive for ****!
That`s a part of my tuning-seremonies too. Was almost impressed when I saw how fast Bob could drive my rather wild
A-class Renault 5 Turbo around Laguna. But Bob is not a wery good driver so he`ll show you if the setup might need some improvments

Free Play raced my McLaren GT car to take it up to level 10 before entering it in the S class Open Tour.

Been playing around with all the Trans-Am cars we've been getting through the car pass. I really do like these cars a lot, they demand your full attention to drive them at their limits, especially the older ones. Definitely a refreshing change from the GT3 cars which feel sterile and predictable by comparison (or maybe I've just gotten too used to them since they've been in a lot of games in recent years).

I was reading up on the Radical RXC and decided to buy the RXC Turbo and max it out which was a blast since it’s practically a racing prototype but with all the road car upgrades like engine and drivetrain swaps. I also believe that the 3.0L V8 that makes 475 HP and is available as an engine swap is actually from the Radical RXC V8 that preceded the RXC Turbo and it is based on the Suzuki Hayabusa I-4 which explains why that engine is so lightweight. I thought it could have been a Formula 70’s engine and the numbers were close but not a perfect match like this.

After that it was back to grinding with Porsches’ so I picked the 917LH to max out and it was also a blast to drive once I tuned the suspension just a bit. I think it actually performs better than my 919 Hybrid which I tried my hardest to tune but I still struggle to get a clean lap with the 919. It’s like the 919 behaves like a car in a completely different game it’s so incredibly hard to drive with Simulation steering.

So I made it back over 4 million credits so I should get back to 4.5 million by the end of tonight and then it’s another car buying spree with less than 100 more cars to buy total. If the McLaren Sabre comes tonight I will grab that for sure since it should be 55% off for me heh.

Continuing my quest for the new Pagani, this time I took NSX around the Hybrid Ferocity cup. I could have gone for the Corvette E-Ray or the new 296 GTB, but I didn't really feel like splurging my money on either of them, and I already had NSX in my garage that I've never drove.

The car was definitely a fixer-upper. Even worse was the squad of three Viper ACRs that was faster on the straight and could carry more speed around the corner. My poor NSX didn't have any answer against them, even until the very last race - I started fourth, and somehow only landed on 3rd place with 9-seconds gap between my NSX and the ACR ahead. I think I could have made my car work if I just had few more races to develop it, but it is what it is.

It was fun nonetheless. It's been a while since I had to do a mental calculation of how much points I was getting each race, and I had to upgrade with purpose too - not just slapping 400CP race transmission because it makes nice sounds. I managed to take the overall win by 6 points, and saved ton of money. I used them to buy a new Viper ACR.

Last edited:
Also used the NSX and did not enjoy it...

Leveling the Pagani and while I normally drive in bonnet cam, I'm playing in chase to watch the fun and silly flaps bounce up and down haha

Last edited:
Main problem I found with the NSX is that it seems to have a lot of lawyer-repelling understeer, meant to keep people who don't understand mid-engine cars from flying backwards into ditches. A racing differential and some tweaking in test runs can wake it up significantly in the corners and make it feel more like a proper MR car.

Did some featured multiplayer action in GTP/C Series with Mazda 787B, some great racing - might be my favourite series so far.

Also some E Class racing in Open Events plus Career Mode and Rivals action with McLaren Sabre.

I've prepared a tune which allowed me to beat both @ManteoMax and @SDSmurf :gtpflag:in Rivals utilizing only stock parts and (IMHO) greatly reducing nasty understeer that stock Sabre comes with. Going to use this tune through my Tip of the Spear play through and would appreciate anyone's feedback on it after downloading and trying 🔧(GT: the13PeSK)

@the13PeSK I managed a 1m35.01 with a very rough tune I cobbled up, and then a 1m34.726 with yours.

Yours was quicker, and also much more enjoyable to drive:cheers:.
I'm used to my braking pressure at 125% so took a while to get used to yours.

But I still borderline hate this car 🤣

Nice to hear!

Mine has 110% brake pressure which was an increase over stock, barely working brakes for me anyway :rolleyes:

TBH I like this car, don't really know why but I also like the design (knowing that lot of people consider it borderline ugly :lol: )

I started by getting the McLaren Sabre which looks like a Senna with some sort of epic aerodynamic battle armor for the racetrack made of carbon fiber. I drove it for a couple races and decided it was time to catch up on the contemporary series.

I always do a 9 lap warmup quick race at Spa, Silverstone, or Le Mans to level up and give me a head start on upgrades. I was going to use the F50GT for the Italian Ingenuity but I did a warmup race and realized it would be difficult in the straightaways and I already had a level 19 Battista with every upgrade except it still had sport tires and I obliterated the field every time, sometimes I took first place before I reached the first corner with all that power plus the weight reductions and aero. Sad we can’t extend the top speed of electric cars by adjusting the final and gear ratio like in FH5, but I don’t think it’s possible IRL when you have a different motor for each wheel like the Battista has.

Next up was Hybrid Ferocity. My dumb *** didn’t realize that the Corvette E-Ray was a hybrid or AWD and it was around level 15 so I even drove it a good bit and didn’t notice. I should have known because I was struggling a bit due to AWD cars having poor Power to weight ratios compared to RWD cars, but I went with the E-Ray in the end. Winning races was a challenge especially the RWD Vipers killing me in the straightaway but I managed first overall without issue since I play around 4-6 difficulty with Rewind LMAO!

I used the Sabre for Tip of the Spear and I didn’t have any issues winning there either. I finished the Open Series with the 650S prize a little while back so I’m all caught up and ready for the Huayra R next week. I had quite a few credits so I bought all of the remaining Lamborghini’s.

The next brand is Lexus so I maxed out the RC-F which was sort of underwhelming even with the body kit for whatever reason, probably due to my driving hypercars and Prototypes more lately. Then I maxed out the LFA which was quite a bit more enjoyable than the RC F. I’ll get the LC500 to 50 next and I’ll just buy the rest after that.

Finished Tip of the Spear series with McLaren Sabre using my not so brilliant tune (front end badly diving at Eau Rouge) and no upgrades at all.

Completed few featured multiplayer races in GTP/C series and also E Class series leveling my Kadett GT/E to level 50 in the process...

edit:

Also decided to grind for some Free Play achievements so unlocked:
  • Time Traveler
  • American Challenger
  • Endurance Legacy
  • When in Rome...
  • Free as a Bird

Last edited:
Rather funny that I'm at my worst in extremely fast or extremely slow cars.

Fast is kinda obvious, but with the slow ones, I'm not consistent enough and when I make a mistake I have nothing to get that laptime back hahaha

My tune for Kadett proved to be quite good… …on the straights. :irked:

It was very effective at, for example, Silverstone or the club variant of Maple Valley. It was not particularly bad in the corners, but it required a lot of attention as it was quite oversteery, IMHO. Anyway, at every single straight, I was able to overtake a few opponents.

Let me know if you’d like to try it for the E Class series, and I’ll share if there's any interest.

Well, I managed to get myself back into the game, and made some changes that have considerably improved my experience and enjoyment.

First, I cleaned up the HUD (bye bye speedometer and other readings) to have the cockpit/dashboard views as clean as possible, I now rely only on the information on the dashboard itself and engine sounds for gear changes.

Second, I switched TVs since the game looks rather overexposed in my OLED LG C1. For that, I moved the Series X to my bedroom TV, a Sony X85K 4K display that has gaming features, and also changed the visual setting to Performance only (no RT) and IMO the car models and tracks do look cleaner that way.

Third, I have gained appreciation for using ballast to balance some of my cars, and this really helped to tame the McLaren Sabre whose light front was really having a hard time in Maple Valley. Shedding and rebalancing weight distribution has become my go-to building/tuning options, followed by putting the anti-dive/anti-squat values as close to 0 as possible and adjusting front and rear camber values, and that's that.

Main problem I found with the NSX is that it seems to have a lot of lawyer-repelling understeer, meant to keep people who don't understand mid-engine cars from flying backwards into ditches. A racing differential and some tweaking in test runs can wake it up significantly in the corners and make it feel more like a proper MR car.
The new NSX is a joke compared to the original, it does not follow a single fundamental philosophy other than the mid engine layout!

Third, I have gained appreciation for using ballast to balance some of my cars, and this really helped to tame the McLaren Sabre whose light front was really having a hard time in Maple Valley. Shedding and rebalancing weight distribution has become my go-to building/tuning options, followed by putting the anti-dive/anti-squat values as close to 0 as possible and adjusting front and rear camber values, and that's that.
This is something I think is very overlooked. The mindset that "stripping out as much weight as possible = better car" is one that a lot of people need to get out of, because redistributing weight for a better overall balance can be a lot more effective than extensively messing with the suspension, and taking too much weight away will make a car a lot harder to control more often than not.

I've mostly been doing @Milouse 's job on Kudosprime website ;)

I've added the prices for the MG and Ferrari that were added 7 December and posted comments on both cars with the details of the Stock vehicles for someone to add.

I have also noticed that the Dodge SRT is incorrectly listed on Kudosprime as a Dodge whereas in the game it is included as the SRT brand (which is why you can't find it in your garage :lol: )

(I've also bought all the cheap single model car brands with a price under 100K (Citroën, Eagle etc). The other brands I'm picking off slowly as I get my level up discounts. Ferrari and Lambo can wait until I've got max discount :lol:

Last edited:
I survived Italian Ingenuity with the SV12. I was going to use the Batista... bad idea...

Now to JDM Legends.

For part 3 of my quest for new Pagani, I drove McLaren Sabre (which confused me because I was sure its name was LaSabre until now) for the Tip of the Spear cup.

I think other people here summed up the car better than I could already. Personally, I had to pull the brake bias to the front, and just kind of tip-toe around the understeer issue (I wish I knew the ballast trick), but it carried itself well out on the track. I could pull out to the front and keep myself there, which is all I need.

It's just the Valkyrie Challenge cup left between me and the new Pagani now, I'm not sure when it opens though - pretty soon I think? Anyway, just gotta wait until then.

Last edited:
Back