What did you do in FM23 today?

• Thread starter DextroCat
  • 717 comments
More grinding today and I currently have:

-25% discount for Aston Martin, Audi, BMW, Chevy, Dodge, Ferrari, Ford, Lamborghini, Lotus, Mazda, McLaren, Mercedes-Benz, Nissan, Porsche, and Toyota
-275 cars
-95 cars at level 50
-Every car for Acura, McLaren, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Toyota, and several brands with 1-3 cars as well
-Driver level over 1200 still, so no exploits here.

More grinding today and I currently have:

-25% discount for Aston Martin, Audi, BMW, Chevy, Dodge, Ferrari, Ford, Lamborghini, Lotus, Mazda, McLaren, Mercedes-Benz, Nissan, Porsche, and Toyota
-275 cars
-95 cars at level 50
-Every car for Acura, McLaren, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Toyota, and several brands with 1-3 cars as well
-Driver level over 1200 still, so no exploits here.

How many hours in game? These numbers are insane. I'm level 71 76 with 35 hours on the clock according to Steam. Not a single level 50 car.

Last edited:
How many hours in game? These numbers are insane. I'm level 71 76 with 35 hours on the clock according to Steam. Not a single level 50 car.
I can check when I get home from work tonight but I’ve been playing a LOT since the game came out. Is there an easy way to check in-game?

I like grinding in driving games and I’m trying to get every car without cheating as quickly as possible. I basically cheated to get every car in FH5 add it killed the fun of collecting all the cars so I didn’t use the money glitch when it was still available.

Edit: My time played is 20d 6h 35m so 486 hours. Here’s a picture of the screen just in case someone doubts my plethora of free time…

Attachments

• IMG_4003.jpeg
    IMG_4003.jpeg
    206.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Well, after receiving the update I went to check Hockenheimring (welcome back!), and I ended driving about 45 laps in various custom races and career mode (!) They added about 20 new racing suits too. I also switched back to Dolby Vision in my LG C1 OLED screen because the regular HDR looks way overexposed and that was killing detail in the cars/tracks, now it looks much better to my eyes.

Hmm. I bougt me a PS to try GT7 but gave it up and sold it. Not worth my time, mainly bcs of tragic car-physics. Yeah they improved it but still.
Wery close to do the same here now. If a game doesn`t really entertain me, then why..:odd:

Edit: My time played is 20d 6h 35m so 486 hours. Here’s a picture of the screen just in case someone doubts my plethora of free time…
Holy smokes, how is that even possible? There has been 64 days since the game released. That means that you've spent more than 30% of time playing FM. Respect.

Going to really miss the MG Spotlight lobby... Had some of my best and cleanest racing in there.

Just had #1 (we were a clean but slow lobby) and three #3's... Normally in online races I'm 6th to 8th...

Having said that, I really enjoyed the Spec lobbies we've had as well as the MX5 Cup lobby, so I think Turn 10 are getting those right for me :D

Holy smokes, how is that even possible? There has been 64 days since the game released. That means that you've spent more than 30% of time playing FM. Respect.
Yeah that’s a little high now that I think about it. I play a whole lot but I’m guessing it counts the time I have the game running but I’m not playing. I usually do races in between chores or other tasks and I don’t like to let it go into power save. Sometimes I do a race first thing I wake up and others times I fall asleep on the pause menu. So that explains that.

Posted fresh rivals times on the current events (Batista is just awful to drive 😕 ), completed C-class series in the new Builders Cup tour and completed first race in Italian themed series (and glad that I didn't choose Batista for this series 👀 ).

Did a 30 lap touring car race on Hockenheim, and confirmed that I still cannot get a handle on this track. I dunno what just doesn't click about it with me, but I can never run a lap that feels like I did it correctly.

Last edited:
Did a 30 lap touring car race on Hockenheim, and confirmed that I still cannot get a handle on this track. I dunno what just doesn't click about it with me, but I can never run a lap that feels like I did it correctly.
On some tracks I feel the same and I watch a variety of others.. Same, slightly faster and fast laps, to get an idea.

After that, it's just my own lack of skill stopping me haha

I feel the same, every single game where Hockenheim is featured.

Some corners feel just soo right and the other ones I'm always unsure how to approach and what the correct line is.

Had some more good online races.

I think I've already had more decent to great races since FM came out than I ever did with FM7.

Odd though... I've been on skill rating of 4793 for about 2 weeks. Got there by coming consistently around 6th... But in the past week I've been getting consistent 4th to 2nds and very occasional wins but still 4793.

Wonder if it's only laptime based and not necessarily where you come in races?

Finished the Maximum Velocity Series with the Koenigsegg. I want to know the nuttjob who thought that race was a good idea.

I finally got around to making my bootleg touring car.

1703005408813.png

The real one is front wheel drive, mine is rear wheel drive (converted from AWD). They're about the same weight, same power output, but mine has a bit more torque. Still working out the finer details of the setup, but as it is now my version is putting up pretty similar laptimes to the real one, just with a little more drama in corner exit due to the drivetrain being flipped around. All in all, I'm pretty happy with how it's working out.

Last edited:
Finally finished the Prestige Tour. Really need to work on the Builder's Cup races now, left off with the MX-5 Challenge.

I didn’t have a whole lot of time last night since I work early today but I managed to get my Datsun 510 to level 50 and I used the credits I won doing that to buy the other 2 Datsun and now I have them all.

I’m getting closer and closer to owning every car. I’m around 360 cars and I have every Acura, Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Honda, Mazda, McLaren, Nissan, Toyota and Volkswagen plus several brands with less than 5 cars. I have maximum discount for most major brands and over 100 cars at level 50. No money glitch or AFK grinding.

I finally got around to making my bootleg touring car.

View attachment 1313068
The real one is front wheel drive, mine is rear wheel drive (converted from AWD). They're about the same weight, same power output, but mine has a bit more torque. Still working out the finer details of the setup, but as it is now my version is putting up pretty similar laptimes to the real one, just with a little more drama in corner exit due to the drivetrain being flipped around. All in all, I'm pretty happy with how it's working out.
What's your username on Xbox Live?

Nearly finished with the MX-5 Challenge series, then I'll work on the Open Class events. After that, I'll split between the Builder's Cup and Contemporary Tour.

I frankly hadn't really bothered with any of the featured championship until now, but I decided I'd rather like to have that new Pagani, so I drove some Pininfarina Battista for the Italian Ingenuity cup.

First of all, great design. I think it's evocative and sharp without being too edgy or plain weird. And blasting through the straights at warp 9 will never not be fun, even if trying to stop it for corner makes me feel like I'm trying to hold back a runaway train, Sam Raimi's Spiderman 2-style.

I don't think it ultimately breaks away from the usual tropes of the electric supercar, though. And having it pitted against the likes of FXX-K Evo and Essenza was... rather stressful to be honest. I don't think I'll be continuing to drive it, but I got some great photos at least.

Forza Motorsport-2023_12_20-23_24_26.jpg

Back