What did you do in FM23 today?

• Thread starter DextroCat
  • 737 comments
Feel bad, in an E class lobby a pink MX5 pushed me wide into a corner, gave him a little love tap on the way out of the corner to say thanks then he got into it with a car in front, they proceed to battle it out off the track and they both hit a brick wall.
Didn't see what happened to the victim but at least the pink MX5 left the lobby.

Nothing...
But I did do Alphabet Soup in FM7 which got me another FXXK to sell. Just the 6 Driver Gear suits left to buy. Then it's just the 15 cars left to complete my collection. 👍

Did a lot of grinding the past few days and I am up to 459 cars and I have every Japanese car and every American car except 3- the Chaparral Can-Am, the Eagle-Westlake Formula 60’s, and the Exomotive Go-Cart thing with the Corvette engine.

I really didn’t want to pay full price for 3 of the same Cadillac prototype, so I maxed out every other Cadillac to get 25% discount before buying those. The ATS-V was pretty fun especially with the massive body kit that includes a snowplow for the rear diffuser. The CT4-V and CT5-V were not very fun to drive. I’m guessing it was the sheer weight of those cars making them less fun, but the slightly older yet lighter CTS-V was a good drive. Not sure why but I just don’t like the Forza Proto-H Division in Free Play. I maxed out the Cadillac DPi we got for free with Car Pass and I had enough of that division after one car. So I got to 25% discount and bought the trio of Cadillac prototypes.

Next I maxed out the Shelby Daytona Coupe which was enjoyable but I didn’t feel like leveling up any more Shelby’s or Saleen’s and bought the rest so now I’m at 459 cars (2 duplicates- NSX and R8 ‘20) and around 3 million credits. I’ll probably finish off the American cars next.

Bought the Valkyrie and did the first race of the series, having set full Aero. Something of a handful so did some Free play races to get some levels. Got to Car Level 15 which enabled me to get wider Race Tyres front and rear plus an adjustable Transmission. Definite improvement as the car was a bit more controllable (either that or I was more used to it), Completed the Series to get the Huayra R. The Huayra R race proved a lot easier in terms of car performance.

Bought the Valkyrie, bought the Saber, and did one B-Class race online at Yas Marinas with the R26R.

I'll come back in 3 weeks and do it all again.

I'm currently taming the Valkyrie, and survived Silverstone in the rain in 3rd place. The rain effects are the best this series has ever seen! And, after getting the race tires upgrade, I dominated Kyalami.

I also put the vibration scale at just 10, because IMO the rumble effects "mask" the real feel of the cars.

Last edited:
I got the Valkyrie and immediately noticed that it has an endless fuel tank capable of thousands of laps, apparently. And it has an oversteer issue… that I managed to fix through tuning, which I chalk up to good luck rather than actually knowing what I’m doing. The Porsche 919 is the car that needs tuning the most but I still can’t get it where I want and it’s level 50 already with only marginal improvements. Anyhow, I got the Valkyrie to where I could equip racing tires before starting the series and I basically obliterated the AI who seemed to be really struggling with the oversteer I mentioned earlier.

After that I unlocked the Huayra R which I expected would be in the “Modern Factory Racecars” division but nope it’s with “Modern Hypercars” despite having Race Tires stock. I don’t get the reasoning with some of these Division choices. The Essenza SCV12, R390 GT1, Lotus Evija, just to name a few out of many head scratchers.

Using the 2018 Civic Type R to work through the career. Yup, all the way to S hahaha

I've set up other fwd cars to rotate nicely, but struggling to on this one. Only A class right now so maybe tyres.

Probably me but Anti roll bars, going from 40 / 1 to 1 / 40 doesn't feel much different hahaha!

I got my credits up to 5 million and decided to buy every remaining Ferrari which cost right around 3 million credits which means I saved a whole million thanks to the 25% affinity discount. I now have 483 cars with 2 duplicates so I’ve got around 40ish cars to go. I’m certainly glad the old cars are inexpensive in this game or I would have needed hundreds of millions to afford the same cars with real world pricing. I also maxed out the old Bugatti Type 35 or whatever it’s called and that was really fun especially since it cost less than 150k rather than the tens of millions it would fetch IRL.

After that I leveled up the Formula 70’s Ferrari and McLaren MP4/4 to help replenish my credits. The Formula 70’s and Grand Prix Rivals are definitely two of my favorite Divisions. Another I really like is the Early LMP Division with the Toyota GT-One, Nissan R391, Bentley Speed 8, and Ferrari 333SP to name a few winners.

Got bullied in the Spec Miata races. With no penalties of my own or me hitting anyone my safety rating dropped to A.

Below an example... I'd been smashed out of 2nd and spin out of 3rd by the end of the 1st corner and was catching the backmarkers.

I thought I'd got my nose ahead enough before turn in but oh well. What do you all think?

Frustrating but a lovely car to drive.

Last edited:
Did a tyregrip-test yesterday. Took a -71 Plymouth GTX and did what we do to them irl; 245-tyres in the front and 295`s in the rear. Adjusted tyrepressure, nothing else. Wasn`t expecting too much but to my surprice the car acted wery much like it should do, even if this one has a bit stiff suspension for such skiddy tyres.

Has done the same to several other musclecars and I am pleased with the result. When some cars do understeer my guess is that it has to do with the way too stiff suspensions many cars has got. Buy a racesuspension and it`s set wery stiff, both springs & swaybars.

- I did the same test in GT7 and sold my PS

Mostly doing touring car free play races to get them all up to level 50. Currently working with the Ford, which is a nice easy drive though the stock transmission settings feel a bit too biased to top end speed.

Also finished up the Valkyrie series since my general disinterest in hypercars made me put it off, and it left me kinda wishing we had the option to downsize wheels. Yeah it'd be a very niche application, but I'm wondering if maybe taking the rims down an inch in size and putting some more sidewall on the rear tires would help it hook up better in first and second rather than uselessly spinning away all its power. I admit I'm also curious as to what it has for engine swaps, so I guess I'll at least get it up to level 25 to have a look at that.

Final part of my quest for Huayra R is complete. Valkyrie was a handful, and single practice session was all it took before I decided I won't be able to drive this anywhere without turning some traction control and stability management on - I was able to stop it from chasing its own tail once I did that. It's a thoroughly ridiculous car for sure, maybe too ridiculous. I don't hate it but I can't see myself coming back to it often.

Huayra R on the other hand drives like a dream. It's super well composed, which wasn't something I expected from a hypercar that's P class at stock. Great design too - it looks sharp and track-ready, but without looking like a caricature. Although I feel it probably would've fit better in Modern Factory Racecars division than Modern Hypercars division, but it is what it is.

Final part of my quest for Huayra R is complete. Valkyrie was a handful, and single practice session was all it took before I decided I won't be able to drive this anywhere without turning some traction control and stability management on - I was able to stop it from chasing its own tail once I did that. It's a thoroughly ridiculous car for sure, maybe too ridiculous. I don't hate it but I can't see myself coming back to it often.

Huayra R on the other hand drives like a dream. It's super well composed, which wasn't something I expected from a hypercar that's P class at stock. Great design too - it looks sharp and track-ready, but without looking like a caricature. Although I feel it probably would've fit better in Modern Factory Racecars division than Modern Hypercars division, but it is what it is.

Managed to get a workable setup on the Valkyrie but agreed, that thing is crazy and just too much. Only problem with the Pagani was the interior views. You do bring up an excellent point, there are some really strange division choices for a lot of cars- like ranging from a bit strange to really weird. And the Huayra R is certainly one of them.

Did S-class tunes for the -66 Ford GT40Mk2, the -67 Corvette C2 and the Shelby Cobra yesterday. Not fine-tuned yet but they are definetly "tamed".

The Ford is a rocket! The Cobra is a bit over it`s class but it is competive. The C2 (called C3 in the game :P) is fast enough for even slow driver Mr Bob. When I leave him the wheel in 1st position he`s able to keep the Ferrari P`s and the Porsche 917`s behind for the rest of the race. Promising.

These are some of the most difficult cars to tune up, I`m doing this as a test and to get familiar with the gamephysics. Every time I put up a classic 60-70`s race I see these cars out in the field bcs of helplessly bad setups. That will not be the case if the game now uses my setups:cool:

I did not realize the car list up here is from launch so I have more cars left to buy than I thought. I now have 510 cars (2 duplicates) and need about 45 more. I bought the rest of Aston Martin and most of Audi until I was down to 1 million from 3 million credits. I’ve been racing pretty much whatever car. I actually like the Forza GT class and really enjoyed driving and tuning both Huracan Super Trofeo’s and the Bentley Continental GT3.

I really don’t know a whole lot about tuning but I seem to be learning and usually get decent results but I’m so bad I don’t really know if my tunes are helping that much or if I’m just getting used to the car. Sometimes I wonder if it’s just a good car and no matter what settings I use it will still perform good enough. I really, really dislike the whole tuning secrecy with the downloadable tunes and you can’t see any settings or what parts are used. I’d like to have the option to upload a tune and let the downloader edit everything.

I’d like to have the option to upload a tune and let the downloader edit everything.
That will never happen. You could then download a tune, change the tyre pressure and reupload it as your own. I can't tune to save my life either :lol:

That will never happen. You could then download a tune, change the tyre pressure and reupload it as your own. I can't tune to save my life either :lol:
I fully get their reasoning but a workable compromise could be allowing you to tweak a downloaded tune and not let you be allowed to upload it. IMO, this applies more to paint jobs.

Last edited:
I personally wouldn’t have a problem with that, especially if the tire pressure needed adjusted. Actually, what would be the motivation behind uploading a tune that has already been uploaded? And if it’s a good tune, what’s the problem with it being uploaded? I feel like optional open settings would only increase the quality of tunes overall as more people could learn and build upon a good base setup.

If it's a good tune and being used, it's likely someone spent quite a bit of time getting it right. So I certainly don't mind that it cannot be changed.

This coming from a guy who's spent about 2 hours in test drive tuning a Clio, and ended up 2 seconds a lap faster at Kyalami using Bibblefish's tune on the 2nd lap with it 🤣

If I get top 50 time (Lord help me!) , I want people to know who's tune it was, whoever's it is.

Finished Hybrid Ferocity with the NSX. Quite a fight against the Viper and 296. Then completed S Class Open in my trusty R390. It felt at home with the XJ220 and F1. Tomorrow I'll make a start on the Power Tour.
Huh. So you were the other one! NSX wasn't that bad, needed tires, mostly. Oddly, you're doing things in basically the same order as me.

Finished the C8 cup using the 2023 Z06 (woo boy, that thing...) and got the Demon today, which I promptly crashed. Why drag tires exist at all in this game and why they'd give you a car with them on is beyond me. That finishes the Power Tour, which was the last one I had left. Hope they add some more soon, some of those series were pretty good.

Huh. So you were the other one! NSX wasn't that bad, needed tires, mostly. Oddly, you're doing things in basically the same order as me.

Finished the C8 cup using the 2023 Z06 (woo boy, that thing...) and got the Demon today, which I promptly crashed. Why drag tires exist at all in this game and why they'd give you a car with them on is beyond me. That finishes the Power Tour, which was the last one I had left. Hope they add some more soon, some of those series were pretty good.
Nothing suggests any new permanent tours (yet). However the 3 new tracks are being integrated into the existing permanent tours with this week's update. So basically, you'll have to do them all again if you want to experience the new tracks in them. That's why I've left most of them until now (plus there's no actual incentive to complete them since there's no career progression/ objectives to complete).

I'm finishing up Hybrid Ferocity in the Ferrari today, then will start the Sabre toothed tiger event.

Back