What did you do in FM23 today?

• Thread starter DextroCat
  • 643 comments
I did the last open class series with the one car throughout - a 1992 Ford Falcon GT, in the most lurid black and fluro green "Cenovis Vitamins" livery. By the end it sounded like a full-fledged V8 Supercar, and handled brilliantly for a 1990's sedan. Might see how far I can push the mighty Falcon into this series.

Livery based on this 1993 Supercar:

View attachment 1365974
I've never seen this car before.

I've never seen this car before.
It's not exactly the same styling-wise as the car in game. Imagine this but with a front splitter, race wing and that lurid livery.

1719380209591.jpeg

Nice choice with the Falcon! Those things are beasts.
I'm actually surprised just how well it can be made to handle and brake. For the B Class open series I've got max weight reduction, and all the suspension and brake upgrades, with just a bit more power than stock (exhaust and air filter from memory), and it's just such an easy car to drive for consistent laptimes. Plus, overtaking Vipers, Porsches and the odd 355 in a tarted-up taxi is just funny.

I am wondering how far I can push the ol' Windsor engine though - I've got a feeling a swap might be required once I get to S-Class.

Another week, another completion. FInally got a Honda to Level 50 during the first race. I don’t know what happened at Kyalami I had a 1:39.4 (ish) lap and went round the last corner nearly 1.3 seconds faster. My lap time was just over 1:39.1. Strange, though I think it has happened before.

Started out running the 2018 BMW around the Sebring endurance race. What an awesome race!! Started 24th (as usual), by lap 6 I was in 1st, 2 laps later in 24th limping around half a lap with severe damage (the wall and my BMW had a disagreement). Out of the pits at the start of lap 9 forty five seconds behind the pack. By lap 18 I was back in 2nd. Finished 7th due to my driving getting squirrelly (I think the phenomena is known as "I see victory on the other side of that car in front now it is time to do something stupid").

I then ran the Porsche LMP (919?) in the 2nd endurance race at Silverstone. Spun a lot of tires, ran wide, and had a hard time keeping the beast under control. I ran 12th the entire race, couldn't keep the rest of the LMPs in my sight. I did lap the GT field completely (the only thing I took away good from the race).

I'm replaying the Open Class Tour, and try as I might, the Dodge Stealth is just not competitive even if maxed out: It is either to heavy or too slow, so I will move it to A, drop the weight and get rid of the laggy V6 turbo.

I've also decided to lock the frame rate to auto @ 83 fps in PC, although it can get into the mid-nineties in my preferred settings, the drops to the low 80s are noticeable as a slight stutter, so I choose smoothness.

Caught up on the Endurance Tours. For the Retro series, I used the Mustang and Toyota Eagle. The X-Power and Oreca were my choices for the Global series.

I also have my lineup for the Open Class series ready once the last enduros drop. Like last series, I like to have a theme. So, I went for Ford Performance:
  • SVT Cobra R (B Class)
  • '18 Mustang GT (A Class)
  • '20 Shelby GT500 (S Class)
  • T/A Mustang (R Class)

Ran the 1989 Audi #4 Audi 90 quattro IMSA GTO around Watkins Glen for the 20 Lap Endurance race. Good race, tires died around lap 11 so I pitted in 2nd place and came out in 17th. Luckily I made it back to 2nd by lap 19 for probably the best lap battle I have ever had in Forza. It seemed that we swapped for the lead every corner with me pulling an over-under on the last turn accelerating past all the way to the finish line.

Ran the Shelby Daytona for the Nordschliefe enduro. I would have liked to try maybe the E Type or one of the Ferrari's but when I saw all of those classes I was afraid to get something lower and have to go against an A class so I went with the Daytona. I was kind of surprised the car was that good. I was expecting it to be more floating but it actually handled ok but it's brakes or lack thereof took a little getting used to.

Used my Lotus Type 40 for the Daytona round. Race was never close at all. I think I won by over a minute. I got turned around in one of the corners by a back marker but that was the only bad incident. I would have liked for more of that race to run in the dark. Multi class in the dark even if it's under the lights at Daytona would be pretty cool.

But the best race was the Nissan rewards race. I got a good break at the start when I avoided the pileup at the first chicane by diving to the inside and made it through to go from 13th to 5th. I had the two Mercedes in front of me and the two 962's were the leaders. I would occasionally get past one or both of the Mercedes in the 2 half of the track but then they would get me back going down the Mulsanne but I would drop onto the back of them and get pulled so I stayed in touch that way. I think traffic allowed me to get past them for good about lap 8 or so. Stayed about 5 or 6 seconds behind the Porsches. Traffic slowed them a little bit and I got past one of them on lap 10. Got past the other one on the next lap but I knew it would come back on me eventually and it did on lap 12 so it was down to the last lap. I hung on the the back of it pretty good down the Mulsanne, about a second back. Closed right up on it at Mulsanne corner. The Porsche's first attempt at a brake check was at Indianapolis but I was looking for it and avoided contact. Turning out of Arnage I spun the tires a little so the Porsche got away from me just a little but the AI is always slower through the Porsche Curves so I got on it's rear end again. Through the Ford Chicane, still behind. The second to last chicane still behind, but going into that final chicane the Porsche brake checked me again but it was in the middle of the track so I dove to the inside and made it through the chicane for the win. That was the best race I've ever had in any of these career challenge races.

I played 2 of the last 3 endurance races last night. Nordschliefe in the Shelby 427 and Daytona in the GT40. Aside from the AI not being able to stay on track for the first 5-6 corners at Green Hell, that race went very smooth. Daytona was also a very good race. I agree that it was kind of a let down by not having more night driving. 1 lap was not enough. I'll be doing the Nissan reward race later today. Looking forward to that one.

After getting bored on GT7 I jumped on FM23 where I restarted the Class B events to build up the experience level on the Audi Avant wagon. After the 4 race series the car was at level 22. I went ahead and started the series again finishing the Mid-Ohio race with the car at level 25. 3 more races in the series so hoping the car will end up around level 35.

So far I have a Honda #73 LA Honda World Racing Civic and one of the Mercedes (can't remember which one) at level 50.

What happens when you get 10 (or 30) number of cars to level 50? Anybody know?

Why add all the modifications to a car when in order to compete in certain races you must remove some\all the modifications?

Back