What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 12,937 comments
Did the 4 first events of weekly challenge on my lunch break. I keep the last one for tonight.

Tipped my toes at the new TT at Willow Springs, with the M6. Well into bronze on my second lap. Silver may be in reach, gold seems far. I'll try other Gr.3 as I am not found of the M6.

Bought some cars at UCD that were already in my collection but not in my garage anymore (as I did not now at the time that those cars won't count for the extra café menus, never should have selled more than the doubles).

Would be very usefull to have an icon that tells if you have the car in the garage (and how many) next to the collection icon.

3* brought a camshaft for Toyota GR86 RZ '21 😒

Quick few laps in the desert for the new TT whilst also watching the Packers/Lions. This is why I bought the Portal.

IMG_3990.jpeg

On the GTP account, I picked up my 250,000 Cr. from the now-expired Lake Louise time trial (one of my worst results against the top time, yet the best ranking; last night's bonzai run saw to that). After trying the Corvette Gr.3 at Willow Springs (1:16.1, a second off silver), I tried one of the alternate metas (the M6 GT3 Sprint) and set a decent silver time of 1:14.6.

I then hit up the latest Weekly Challenge. The Demio overpowered the Lake Maggiore Sunday Cup as it did before (no new cars), the 2007 BMW M3 overpowered the Dragon Trail European FR Challenge (a Mercedes-Benz 190 E joined the BMW party), the Maserati MC20 (I decided something new) crushed Interlagos Turbo Sportscars (with a pair of Ford Sierras added), the newest Porsche 911 barely won the Monza special event (no CRB for 81,000 Cr., in 10:01), and after setting FM to 2, my Corvette Gr.4 rental from the Manufacturers Cup whupped up on Deep Forest WTC 700 (with the MAZDA3 Gr.4 a non-factor). All in all, a nice 1,135,500-Cr. haul for under 44 minutes of racing.

The 4-star Wheel of Despair added the low-showing 30,000 Cr. to the haul. I'm less than 2 million Cr. from being able to buy the remaining cars, and under 1 million if I wait to win the Mazda LM55 VGT from the GTWS watch campaign.

On the Plus account, I went with post-launch cars. I didn't have a stock Suzuki Cappuccino, and the Toyota Himedic isn't quite fast enough stock, so I went with the older Alfa Romeo Giulia for the Sunday Cup and a super-easy win. The BMW M2 Competition yielded the same at the European FR Challenge. The Jaguar XJ220 was able to get to the new Civic inside of 4 laps at Race of Turbo Sports Cars, but I struggled to get a 0.045-second unclean win.

After a break for football and turkey, I did better in the Monza special event by not using DRS, finishing in a clean 9:57 for a 3.8-second win. For the WTC 700 event, I used the MAZDA3 Gr.4, It took a few tries, and a dead right-front tire, but I did eventually get an unclean win.

The fifth 3-star Wheel of Despair (of 21) was as useless as usual, puking out a racing muffler for the Renault Megane Safety Car.

Burned through most of the weekly stuff, one to go on that.

Ran my swapped Beat at the Interlagos challenge and could barely stay on track from laughing so hard. The thing gets sideways at WOT (+nitro, once you get the hang of it 😁) through the left bend onto the final chunk of the start/finish straight. So you're rippin' through there at 160mph+ sideways on your way to 194 before pitching both anchors to haul it down for T1. You just can't do this stuff in real life and expect to live. You just can't.👍

Then I noticed the 'Ludicrous Stage' weight reduction laying around the parts bin, and it happened to be for the Jag F-Type. I really like the Jag F-Type. I bought a Jag F-Type.

Then I made the Jag F-Type into a proper 'Hell Cat', fully-equipped with 800+ very, very angry cats...
Gastown, Vancouver__3.jpeg

Stops hard enough to separate paint from primer, too:
Gastown, Vancouver__1.jpeg

:cheers:

Last edited:
Did the weekly races today, nice haul - race 1, 100K, race 3, 150K, race 5, 500K..... three quarters of a million credits, luvvly jubbly!

That's great, too bad it repeats itself quite quickly. Would be great to have changes and easter eggs here and there :)

I golded the Lago Maggiore CE and completed two more of the Weekly Challenges, netting a combined total of ca. 1M Cr.

-

I was so mad at winning one of the lousiest ticket prizes imaginable that I decided to go through my spare parts and see if I had anything semi-decent in there at all.

One of the only good things I've got was the Stage 5 weight reduction for the GT-R Nismo '17, so I bought the car, wide-bodied it and treated myself (and it) to the Chiron engine swap too. It now has 1,851 BHP and 827PP :lol:

53353564583_4d3ee30de3_o.jpg

Last edited:
On the Plus account, MIA-2 went much faster than MIA-1 - only 7 miles to gold. Conversely, it took more than a marathon to get gold in MIA-3. The 4-star Wheel of Despair gave the low-showing 30,000 Cr.

On the GTP account, it took over 100 miles to gold MS-7 and get my 7th 3-star Wheel of Despair of 22 this month on this account, which got me a third of the 15,000 Cr. I got from golding MS-7. Yip-****ing-yee.

After the Hagerty's/UCD refresh, I bought the Porsche 911 GT1 on the Plus account. The good news is I only have 6 cars left to buy to have a full garage, plus another Bugatti Veyron so I can tune 2 copies and have a 3rd stock. The bad is, not counting said Veyron, those 6 cars are worth 103,000,000 Cr.

Last edited:
Ran the Clubman + races at Monza and Goodwood. The Monza grid had a wacky variety of cars, including pick-up trucks. The Goodwood Mini race was a tough one. I won that one by a little over a tenth, muscling through the chicane. Since the AI was pushing me all over the track, I leaned on them a little, too. Ran some TT’s at Willow. Got a Bugatti Gr.4 from the wheel and sold it.

Completed the Weekly Races with a six-star ticket. This time, gifted an Enzo. Quickly sold for 1,624,000(look like it might go up tomorrow, but I wasn’t keeping it to find out).

I golded the Lago Maggiore CE and completed two more of the Weekly Challenges, netting a combined total of ca. 1M Cr.

-

I was so mad at winning one of the lousiest ticket prizes imaginable that I decided to go through my spare parts and see if I had anything semi-decent in there at all.

One of the only good things I've got was the Stage 5 weight reduction for the GT-R Nismo '17, so I bought the car, wide-bodied it and treated myself (and it) to the Chiron engine swap too. It now has 1,851 BHP and 827PP :lol:

53353564583_4d3ee30de3_o.jpg
Whoa you can change the grill on the Nismo GTR??

Completed the new 10 lap GT3 race at Mount Panorama. What a race! About time PD did something along the lines of the 12 hour.

Also is it just me or has the AI improved across the board since the last update? Sophy is awesome, but the AI in the Bathurst race was properly competitive. Makes the game sooo much more enjoyable

Yesterday was good fun at GT7, in no particular order:

• Tried the Porsche GT3 RS Daytona, still trying to perfect my line in the chicane and the wide trun before the speedway bit.
  • Did the Willow springs TT with the AMG GT '20 GT3 Race car and got a 1:13 or sumthing. I'll double chek and amend once I know the time.
  • Then got back into drag racing the GTR with my various older skylines (R32, R33 Mines, not tried the 400R yet). It was fun tuning them and applying sum nitrous booster.
  • Tried the my maxed Chiron (TUNED- no nitrous boost) and did a 13.5 on the quarter mile or whatever ditance that misson is on.

Did some of the X2019 book races, and went to the Dragon Hill race, and noticed this is the 2nd time the AI has been stupid and pitted me early in the race, I find it so funny that the regular AI has no sense for detection or it just dirty, yet we have a radar and then I have to scramble to get back up the grid, just to get 11th lol. :cool:

I wonder if Sophy makes those kinda mistakes, have to test it later today and find out. Got a few daily challenges gifts like 100k & 150k to round up to 87mill and will post my dashboard progress later. I think the Willow TT one is very acheiveable after time spent running the Escudo Racecars a good few months back in those races. :D

maxresdefault.jpg

As PD does not seem inclined to give us endurance races, I have started to create my own in custom races.
I started with a 1 hour Gr4 race on the Nordschleife with a 24 hour time cycle.
If anyone has any good tips for custom races, let me know (I know there's a separate thread on custom races).

I'm trying to beat the WTC700 at Deep Forest on Hard difficulty using a stock Gr.4 (with minor tweaking of gears/downforce etc.), and I'm having zero luck. I tried it three times - once each on RH, RM and RS - and my best result so far has been 4th on RM.

I reverted to my Gr.3 458 Italia and won one my first attempt - that said, the field is quite spread out, I won by just 4s, but lapped the Gr.4 458 Italia.

-

I silvered the TT at Willow Springs - I really don't like that track at all, but the Gr.3 BRZ is a great car and makes even Willow Springs quite fun to do.

Last edited:
Completed the new 10 lap GT3 race at Mount Panorama. What a race! About time PD did something along the lines of the 12 hour.

Also is it just me or has the AI improved across the board since the last update? Sophy is awesome, but the AI in the Bathurst race was properly competitive. Makes the game sooo much more enjoyable
I’ve actually noticed an AI improvement (in some races) ever since they first did the Sophy beta a while back, same update where they released the Grand Valley track.

Have you tried the 600pp event at GV? That’s become one of my favorites, and I really enjoy that track. Very competitive. It’s still somewhat “catch the rabbit” but the AI are better and more bunched together.

My theory is that they’ve been judiciously dropping in the AI engine improvements that are part of Sophy ever since then in the newer races.

I’m going to have to try that Mount Panorama race today!

Done 3 weekly events, got lots of money for them. I then raced Sophy for a few hours and just basically had fun. Then I bought the Lexus and drove it against Sophy in virtual reality.

Back