What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 12,937 comments
Bought the 240Z and the 250 GT Berlinetta. As usual did some tommy time trials with them. Got a 3 star ticket for 5k. Created yet another Integra '95 livery.

On the Plus account, I started the new GT Cup Gr.3 races with an old BoP reliable, the Subaru BRZ GT300, at Deep Forest. I got the lead on lap 5 thanks to more-consistent driving than the AI, and held off the Porsche by 0.44 seconds in 10:51. No CRB, so all I got was 90,000 Cr. for my troubles. Yet another unrepeatable race from PD.

As I didn't have my marathon ticket yet, I next headed to Mount Panorama. With my lack of skill, the Subaru is 2 seconds a lap slower than the rabbit in a Genesis X So, I got my own out, had to set TC to 1 as it is too tail-happy under power, and held of my counterpart for a 0.20-second win in 22:13. No, it wasn't clean either, and at 200,000 Cr., it's yet another unrepeatable race.

The 4-star Wheel of Despair gave the usual low-showing prize. What was slightly unusual was it was 30,000 Cr., not 10,000 Cr.

On the GTP account, I started the MS licenses at Mount Panorama. To get exactly the gold time, it took exactly 64 miles. The 4-star Wheel of Despair, like the one on the Plus account, gave the low-showing 30,000 Cr.

Bought the Aston Martin DB5 and received a magnificent 6* ENGINE ticket for completing the Aston Martin extra café menu. Another engine on the shelves, a Huayra this time.

Beginning the rubberband grind.

Missed the CRB on first attempt.

Received a 3* that brought 5k 💩

Last edited:
My first race on the Portal. Now I don’t have to shut myself away all the time in the mancave, can be a bit more social whilst I play.

IMG_3974.jpeg

Today I realised I have more Toyota cars in the game than any other so went and bought a load of E46 M3s, my fav M3 of all, and turned them into different PP levels ;) i now own the most BMWs in game.

I don't grind much these days so I'm pretty broke and when the DB5 came up last time I didn't have the time to make anything to buy it (seriously no time in my world to grind 😂) but it's back and I got myself one yesterday. I really enjoy that car. Very very intuitive and the mechanical grip of that thing feels amazing in this game.

I used ChatGPT to figure out when the Ferrari 330 P4 is likely to be back in the LCD - it came up with Sunday 10th December, but I reckon it will be the week before this, my guess is Thursday 7th December.

I got my Spec II Dashboard to 100% completion (again). I had to turn off my motion rig to pass the Super license test at the new snow track, I'll fine tune things for rally later on.

Jerome

IIC
I sliced up an SVG into 9 sub-15kb chunks so I can stick it on a van this evening.
we want to see the van 😁

[Edit] went up to 90M Cr. bought the Cobra and other cheap cars at LCD 😅

Last edited:
Ran AbbyNormal twice at Daytona. Got 5k from the wheel.

Ran the Clubman Plus at Watkins Glen. That's an eclectic field, to be sure. I'm still working on which car to win with. Tough race. I couldn't get better than fourth. I used the Mercedes 190 and a few Skylines,(can't remember which ones).

Another one day that took advantage of the abarth glitch and make some more swaps just to be there in future use.
This time was expensive ones ( mazda ) .
Also i took the swapped Godzilla 97 at la sarthe, stock settings and few upgrades ( ecu , brakes , gearbox ,etc. ) .
Huge front tyre wear doesn't allow to take advantage of his good fuel consumption.
Perhaps, lighter and with proper set up things can go better but haven't the time to find out.
Also clear the X19 menu with the last two races and the 6* ticket brought 500k .

Three first races of the weekly challenges. Not so bad, hard on the first try on Lake Louise but I'll blame the car, the 206 just does not upshift in auto, never been above 3rd. Much better with the old Celica.

Grinded a good bit with the Cappuccino VS Tommies, back to 70M after yesterday's buying spree (Cobra, Countach, Berlinetta, McLaren, 300SL...)

Made some liveries for the 250 GT Berlinetta, took some photos. I've been more in a creative mood today than a racing one.

On the GTP account, I took my 250,000-Cr. beating from getting bronze at the Tokyo Expressway. I then took a rented 911 to Daytona and thoroughly abused the DRS. My time of just under 1:48.4 is, at least at the moment, closer to the gold cutoff than the silver.

I took my 4-star Wheel of Despair at that point, getting a 2003 Audi TT. As I already had all I could want (at least until/unless it gets an engine swap), I flipped it for the less-than-princely price of 15,210 Cr., which was actually just off the 2-week high.

I took a break from the Master Super Licenses to do this week's Weekly Challenges. The newer Suzuki Swift Sport did the Tsukuba Japanese FF Challenge (with no post-launch cars) cleanly, which gave me 100,000 Cr. for doing the first race. Once again, the Chevrolet Camaro SS was overpowering at Willow Springs American Sunday Cup, which again had no post-launch cars, but had a new driver giving tips.

For the new-to-this-account Lake Louise WRC, I fitted some snow tires to the Mustang Gr.B, and had a blast. I took a clean 1.6-second win in 7:21 for 127,500 Cr. from the race and another 150,000 Cr. from completing race #3.

The newest Porsche 911 overpowered the field at Catalunya Schwarzwald League, even though there was a second one in the field (the first of the repeating races with a new car). I was disappointed that I had to start the WTC 900 Menu Book to do the last of the Weekly Challenge races.

I didn't feel like using the recommended Gr.2 car or the Hyundai VGT I used in the Nations Cup. Fortunately, I had a spare Porsche 962 that already had all the tires I could want. Stock, it goes 7 laps on fuel, and the RM tires easily last the race. It crushed the field at Suzuka, beating Serrano and the Audi RS 5 by 4.6 seconds in 19:34. I don't know where I lost the CRB, as I only got 170,000 Cr. for the win.

At least I got another 500,000 Cr. for completing the Weekly Challenges. That was a rather lucrative, though only 1-time, venture. I picked up 1,212,500 Cr. between the races and the tickets for the Weekly Challenges for just under 45 minutes of racing, and had I been more careful in the last race, it would have been 1,297,500 Cr.

Even though I had long since collected my marathon Wheel of Despair, I decided to finish the WTC 900 Menu Book with the 962 C. I went with a no-stop strategy (FM 4) at Autopolis as I hate the pit entry with a passion. It was a clean 16.1-second romp in 17:26. At Nurburgring, I had to resort to RS tires, changing them on my lap 7 stop. I held off Kawakami by 3.2 seconds in a clean 19:12. The resulting all-cash Wheel of Despair gave the middle-showing/lowest-legal 100,000 Cr.

On the Plus account, I also went through the Weekly Challenges. At Suzuka, I grabbed the Porsche 919 Hybrid for an easy win in WTC 900. Naturally, I got my fourth 3-star Wheel of Despair of 14 marathon tickets this month, and naturally, it gave the lowest-possible 5,000 Cr. At least I got the CRB at Suzuka and 100,000 Cr. for the first Weekly Challenge race.

The re-run of the Lake Louise WRC, again with the Ford Focus Gr.B, was unclean once again. The RUF CTR3 got me the win at Catalunya Schwarzwald and an additional 150,000 Cr. The Ford Mustang GT went to Willow Springs to dominate the American Sunday Cup, while it took some aggressive driving to get the older Suzuki Swift to a clean win at Tsukuba Japanese FR Challenge, and the 500,000 Cr. for all 5 Weekly Challenge races.

On the Plus account, I started the new GT Cup Gr.3 races with an old BoP reliable, the Subaru BRZ GT300, at Deep Forest. I got the lead on lap 5 thanks to more-consistent driving than the AI, and held off the Porsche by 0.44 seconds in 10:51. No CRB, so all I got was 90,000 Cr. for my troubles. Yet another unrepeatable race from PD.

As I didn't have my marathon ticket yet, I next headed to Mount Panorama. With my lack of skill, the Subaru is 2 seconds a lap slower than the rabbit in a Genesis X So, I got my own out, had to set TC to 1 as it is too tail-happy under power, and held of my counterpart for a 0.20-second win in 22:13. No, it wasn't clean either, and at 200,000 Cr., it's yet another unrepeatable race.

The 4-star Wheel of Despair gave the usual low-showing prize. What was slightly unusual was it was 30,000 Cr., not 10,000 Cr.

On the GTP account, I started the MS licenses at Mount Panorama. To get exactly the gold time, it took exactly 64 miles. The 4-star Wheel of Despair, like the one on the Plus account, gave the low-showing 30,000 Cr.
Cool, so what do you think about the new snow track. I'm trying to get the hang of it but sometimes I lose control in the Circuit Experience.

Did the five new weekly events. No problem with any of then except the last one at Suzuka. I was third in that one.

Cool, so what do you think about the new snow track. I'm trying to get the hang of it but sometimes I lose control in the Circuit Experience.
It's actually easier than the dirt tracks. As for the CE, move the torque a bit further up to the front (40-45 should work nicely).
Did the five new weekly events. No problem with any of then except the last one at Suzuka. I was third in that one.
The good news is you only "need" third for both the Menu Book and the Weekly Challenges.

Last edited:
Knocked-out 5/6 for the weekly's. Tried to do the PP900 race and it told me that "The event was not yet available" and did exactly nothing. I'm level 50 and Book 48 is available to me but not completed. I guess I will finish that one and see if it makes a difference.

Since we were at Tsubuka for weekly stuff I took a couple minutes to gold the CE there in the Mitsu. Then started poking around some of the other races in there and decided to build this little monster:
Underground Discharge Channel__2.jpeg

K20 swapped Beat with all the good stuff. Wanted something understated so went with Honda's Champ' White. I'd argue that a mere 530hp has never been more frightening, but I haven't swapped an Abarth yet. This thing is an absolute blast to drive and makes drifting a BRZ feel like work. So light and controllable on it's feet.👍👍

Also couldn't resist ruining one of these with a Hellcat swap and widebody abuse:
Dōtonbori__1.jpeg

:cheers:

Got near 100M.

Changed again oil, and restored engine and body rigidity.

DM 3* -> 10k

Did not bought any cars. Maybe I'll buy some expensive one tomorrow to make room for more Cr. Not sure.

Back