What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 12,937 comments
Played all day while watching TCR Australia and GT4 Australia at Bathurst, Super Taikyu and Marvel stuff.

40 Daytona races at 25 laps a pop. Went from 75M to 100M then back down to 75M after buying 30 cars. Currently still pushing to get back up to 100M. All this while changing wheels and tires on my car IRL, playing soccer with my son and watching the whole UFC event. Oh yeah, I got a 10k roulette ticket for 2,500 miles today 👍

Taking advantage of the Daytona glitch, i continue buying some cars and just made the engine swap without any further modifications .
Perhaps ill never ride them all but since swaps are expensive " hobby" i bought them just in case .
Hopefully in couple of days ,the LCD section will bring more " new " cars and duplicate some of them while Daytona glitch last .
After my daily marathon today , I'll open and the week's tickets to see what they bring.
Other than that , i just race one la sarthe with the swapped Viper gts 13 , almost on stock settings adding what needed to bring it down yo 700pp with tyres , Ecu brakes and gearbox.
It felt quite good but this Chiron engine is fuel destroyer.
Have a good Sunday all .

Since I just got back from outta state, I decided to start working on this week's challenges. I did the first two for now, then wrapped up my daily workout by getting all golds on the first five Master B license tests. I got a four-star ticket, which got me my fourth Stroke Up S for the DeLorean S2, but then from the six-star parts ticket, I got a similarly exclusive part for the Toyota SF-R Racing Concept, so that's nice. Definitely looking forward to working on the Nismo 400R online time trial before it ends this Thursday.

Made $50,000,000 for the third time thanks to my friend Abarth :cool:

Finally purchased a bunch of cars I was never able to previously without grinding or selling other ones, i'm trying to get to $100,000,000 as I plan on buying a few copies of the $10,000,000+ cars for custom races.

I hope this is a bit of a wake up call to PD - even with this 'grind' opportunity, I've still only been able to use it to make around 10M Cr.

But that's still an average of ca. 3M Cr. per hour - and that means around 3.5 hours of my free time (which is practically all of it)...

And for what? OK, it's more Cr. than I've had in the game (that I've owned for over a year and a half), but I still can't even buy ONE of the most expensive cars in the game with that.

And how? By repeating a glitched (and extremely stupid/boring) race? OK, it has been very entertaining at times, but it's not what I expect from GT/PD.

So why bother? Well, frankly, although GT7 is amazing in many ways, the in-game economy has been borked from the outset and it is still rubbish now, even though Update 1.40 had made some improvements.

However, it is a great shame - and a fundamental flaw in the game IMHO - that at least an hour a day (for 18 months plus) is nowhere near enough to really be rewarded by this game, and for me, that is asking too much, even from a dedicated fan and lifelong player.

Last edited:
On the GTP account, I collected 2,690,000 Cr. from the Manufacturers Cup, mostly because nobody else in my state actually ran a Chevrolet in GT3 (somebody else did enter, but got no points). It took many tries and 72 miles to gold MIA-5. The not-exactly-a-cherry-on-top was the FIFTH 3-star Wheel of Despair of 11 on this account (and, pending the Plus run, EIGHTH of 21) this month, puking out the lowest-possible/low-showing 5,000 Cr. on an all-cash Wheel.

On the Plus account, I continued my slow run-through of the Clubman Cup Plus, this time at Monza with the 2013 Nissan GT-R GT3, since somebody brought an Escudo to the party and we were all on racing slicks. I abandoned it after a few less-than-a-lap runs as some of the competition came with softs, the competition were faster, and fitting softs to the GT-R would have put it above 700 PP.

I next bought some soft tires for the Red Bull Junior. It performed even worse. I did at least get a 5-star Wheel of Despair that puked out the middle-showing/lowest-legal 100,000 Cr. on an all-cash Wheel.

I went to the @praiano63 tuning shop and grabbed a 700-PP tune for the Renault Megane Trophy. After many failed attempts, I finally got a 0.2-second win over the Subaru BRZ Drift Car in 9:18. Even if it would have been clean, it wouldn't be a repeat. As it was, I only got 85,000 Cr. for my troubles.

Bought the Countach '74 & '88, then bought the 300SL Mercedes with my totally-legit Abarth/Daytona money. Then ran some "time trials" (5 lappers with 1 butchered tommy opponent) around Tsukuba one by one with each car. Suffice to say the Mercedes became my favorite. Collected a 4-star wheel of misfortune ticket which gave 30k.

Last edited:
Cappucino squeezing tommies like coffee beans to get more Cr. while I am working at my desk. Alarm on the phone to go and collect then launch again.

Rinse and repeat.

Tried to do Le Mans half hour. Went on to a 4th lap by accident. Quit the race and since I'd done 33 miles quit entirely. Got 30K from the three star ticket, wasn't the lowest prize either. Quit the game and started playing World of Warships instead.

Built an absolute sledgehammer of a car...'69 Camaro w/the LT4 swap and the entire parts counter thrown at it. 1000+ horsepower of Cars & Coffee terror. Here she is at the local Pay-N-Spray after a rough night street racin':
Parking Lot_.jpeg

Just done the new License test in the old 911 at the Barcelona Rally Cross track. What a great combo. Where has this track been? It is brilliant for time trails, but would be hopeless for racing of course.

Just done the new License test in the old 911 at the Barcelona Rally Cross track. What a great combo. Where has this track been? It is brilliant for time trails, but would be hopeless for racing of course.
It's great fun for small grids with friends, especially in smaller cars. :)

On the Plus account, I dropped my cars-needed count to 7 by purchasing the just-returned Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta. Unfortunately, the cheapest on that list is the 10,000,000-Cr. Porsche 911 GT1.

To get a pittance of that back, I took the Megane Trophy I tuned up yesterday to Fuji for the last of the Clubman Cup Plus races and got embarrassed. I tried again with nitrous and again got embarrassed, finishing 4th and 4.9 seconds behind the winner in 8:38. Funny thing is, I got the CRB.

Determined to win, I found a tune on YouTube for the Nissan GT-R Gr.B, picking up the boost trophy while grabbing parts. That was good enough for me to hold off a pair of Nissan R-32 NISMOs by 0.395 seconds in 8:29.6. I even got the CRB to get 112,500 Cr. out of the two-and-done deal.

The 4-star Wheel of Despair popped another Stroke Up S for the Toyota S-FR Racing Concept. Never mind I already have that installed in my one tuned car.

On the GTP account, I somehow got gold on MIA-6 on the first attempt. It took a few more tries and a bit over 8 miles to gold MIA-7. MIA-8 was rather hard, and I got exactly a gold time after 31 miles. Once I remembered I could adjust the torque split, MIA-9 went quickly. I resorted to TC 1 to gold MIA-10 to get a 5-star ticket and a third Porsche 962 C.

The 4-star Wheel of Despair from the marathon gave the usual lowest-possible 10,000 Cr., while the all-cash 5-star ticket from golding the MIA license gave the 2nd-highest-showing/lowest-legal 500,000 Cr. I also sold the previous garage queen 962 for a rock-bottom 750,360 Cr. as it had miles on it.

13.11 - did one abbarth/daytona manually, I'm not even close to 10kk Cr but I don't want to waste my play time on "automated" grind :)
proceeded to do time trial on snow track. I suck at rallying in gt so didn't even manage to get into bronze, got frustrated after getting my time canceled couple of times in a row when I was trying to find my line around 1st corner. Went to do weekly challenges, rainy fuji with mclaren f1 gtr was rewarding. Did some more SP events to push my dashboard % up. Got 10k from marathon ticket, and Ford GT LM from car ticket, so not a bad day at all.

Yelled at my tv and threw the controller into the sofa corner, because I drove into the wall at the last chicane at Dragon Trail (being P2) at the very end of the final lap in the menu book Red Bull race. I ended up P6 or P7 (was too angry to care…) just because of one split second blip. 😖😤😡🤬🤯

Btw, I find those Red Bull races really hard, even at “easy” game setting!

With the 1.40 update, I find myself in the mood for GT7 a bit more often these days. Spent about twenty minutes golding the Monza circuit experience while listening to a podcast today. Was surprised the payout was only 500k for gold. I thought they all paid a million. Got another 5'000 credits from the 3 star roulette of disappointment.

Cappuccino smashing tommies at Daytona, bank account going through the roof.

4* DM ticket spout a measely 30k as usual.

Yelled at my tv and threw the controller into the sofa corner, because I drove into the wall at the last chicane at Dragon Trail (being P2) at the very end of the final lap in the menu book Red Bull race. I ended up P6 or P7 (was too angry to care…) just because of one split second blip. 😖😤😡🤬🤯

Btw, I find those Red Bull races really hard, even at “easy” game setting!
That’s funny because I tend to scream at the AI to get out of the way because they are slowing me down, but once I take the lead I do well for about 3/4 of a lap then randomly spin out cutting an apex too tight. I guess the AI isn’t such a bad thing as they keep me in check. I just need to remember to pass the leader on the last lap.

I spent most of yesterday getting my SR back to S, working from the back of the back and just collecting crashed-out cars and avoiding side-by-side battles.

In race B, I had one clumsy driver constantly trying to dive on the lead car, and when his dive bomb would fail, he would constantly close the door on me and bump me after trying to catch him with a switch back pass. Just a complete mess of reactive rear-mirror driving and desperate lunges. Given my situation, I would always back out whenever he'd come up side by side.

Then on the last lap, he drags a tire in the sand coming out of the massive Lago Maggiore hairpin and he spins sideways in front of me. I lift, but there's nowhere to go and I completely ram him, sending him into the wall. Thankfully, I was able to catch the ping pong bounce my car took and move on to take the position without a penalty.

Sometimes revenge gifts itself to you.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back