What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 12,956 comments
06.11- Somehow managed to do all golds on snow track - my first and only rally track that I managed to do so, not planning to all gold rest of rally tracks.
Tried Daytona Abarth money grind for one hour, steering wheel in one hand and beer in other, 4,5kk creds well spent at hagerty's :)

Today's 6am run >

Was OK but I run out of time quickly because I "lost" a lot of it watching "Made from reality" and looking for Kaz's suit and helmet liveries so I could continue my Nordscheilfe CE in fashion. That meant I could only clear two more sectors. To be continued.

I forgot to open the 4-star ticket.

I did the WTC900 races in a stock Honda NSX GT500 '16 with RS tyres (and Inters), and I really enjoyed all three races. I could only get 3rd at Fuji, but won the other two (albeit Suzuka at the second time of asking, due to a stupid spin on the last lap :ouch: )

This is the closest thing to having a Super GT series back in Gran Turismo - however, I don't wish to sound greedy or ungrateful, but if only it was done just a bit more realistically, it could be fantastic.

An 8-race Championship series predominately at Japanese tracks would be easy to do - almost everything required for that is already in the game, so why limit it to a 3-race Menu book? And/or a 1hr WTC900 race (or better still, race series/championship) would be amazing - indeed, I can't see why there isn't a high payout 1hr race for all WTC classes in the game already.

I guess there are legal/licensing issues that prevent PD from implementing (or mimicking) a full Super GT-style 'mode'/event to the game, but my view is that both PD and Super GT would hugely benefit from such a thing.

Last edited:
I did the WTC900 races in a stock Honda NSX GT500 '16 with RS tyres (and Inters), and I really enjoyed all three races. I could only get 3rd at Fuji, but won the other two (albeit Suzuka at the second time of asking, due to a stupid spin on the last lap :ouch: )

This is the closest thing to having a Super GT series back in Gran Turismo - however, I don't wish to sound greedy or ungrateful, but if only it was done just a bit more realistically, it could be fantastic.

An 8-race Championship series predominately at Japanese tracks would be easy to do - almost everything required for that is already in the game, so why limit it to a 3-race Menu book? And/or a 1hr WTC900 race (or better still, race series/championship) would be amazing - indeed, I can't see why there isn't a high payout 1hr race for all WTC classes in the game already.

I guess there are legal/licensing issues that prevent PD from implementing (or mimicking) a full Super GT-style 'mode'/event to the game, but my view is that both PD and Super GT would hugely benefit from such a thing.
There is a 4th WTC900 race, though it's at Trial Mountain rather than a Japanese track. Having 3 races of a "series" in the one-time Menu Book and additional races rather hidden is the GaaS-era PD way.

There is a 4th WTC900 race, though it's at Trial Mountain rather than a Japanese track. Having 3 races of a "series" in the one-time Menu Book and additional races rather hidden is the GaaS-era PD way.
I realised after I posted this that there may be other WTC900 races, so that's good to hear that there's another one.

I've enjoyed the Menu Book format to some extent, but it isn't a replacement for Championships that can be repeated - getting a one-off prize for completing the series is fine at the time, but it doesn't exactly encourage repeated attempts.

I've enjoyed the Menu Book format to some extent, but it isn't a replacement for Championships that can be repeated - getting a one-off prize for completing the series is fine at the time, but it doesn't exactly encourage repeated attempts.
You can actually repeat the 10 Championships and get both the per-race and per-series credit prizes. In fact, other than the Grindy Four and glitching a couple of the custom races, that's a relatively-quick way to get credits.

What we can't do, and haven't been able to do since GT5 showed up, is get multiple cars because the Menu Books the car prizes are tied to can't be repeated.

You can actually repeat the 10 Championships and get both the per-race and per-series credit prizes. In fact, other than the Grindy Four and glitching a couple of the custom races, that's a relatively-quick way to get credits.
Yeh, at least the Championships are repeatable, but all but the final Championship are not really worth the bother, and even that got old rather quickly.

I'd love it if we could have more 5, 7 or 10 race Championships that pay out a decent amount per race and per series. It seems like extraordinarily low-hanging fruit to add significant value to the game with very little effort required.

On the Plus account, it took 2 tries to get the win in the Trial Mountain Red Bull X2019 Nations Cup. I first tried with RM tires, only to find I needed new ones after 11 laps. The second, on RS tires, went better. I changed tires halfway through on lap 7, and finished with a 1.8-second win over Drumont (who pitted on lap 8 for a fresh set of feel-goods) in 22:16. No CRB for some reason, so all I got was a piddling 200,000 Cr. and a 4-star marathon ticket worth a stage-5 weight reduction for the older Lamborghini Aventador.

On the GTP account, I started the Master IA licenses, and predictably struggled. I needed over 73 miles to get the first gold, and decided to retire at that point. At least I didn't get yet another 3-star Wheel of Despair, and the 4-star was kind, giving the 2nd-lowest/lowest-legal 500,000 Cr.

Painted up a pair of DTM cars, a TCR Civic Type-R, and a classic WRX from Colin Mc Rae
F-YH_nWXwAAxrkE
F-YH_JuX0AIFq9U
F-YH_TTXcAAJfqy
F-YH_btWgAEIve5

I was on a mission to break 1.22 in the UK Princes Trust Time Trial at Brands Hatch just to ensure Gold as you never know if the Aliens are gonna lower the bar even further. Spent around 3 hours getting from 1:22.220 to a 1:21.925.
Looks like Wind will top the rankings, that guy is a freak of nature!
1699416300436.png

1699416822176.png

Last edited:
I forgot to post yesterday, but I did the last couple Gr. 3 Cup races. The Red Bull in the rain was brutal, I had to throw on every assist on max just to complete a lap :lol: I will say the Gr. 3 at Mount Panorama was honestly one of the best races I've ever had in Gran Turismo. Everything just flowed together so well, the night start and finishing at dawn, The FT-1 Vision car seemed to be well suited for the track and the turbo allowed me to pass on the straights. Good fun.

Jerome

Tried the weekly race at Nurb GP, probably chosen the wrong tyres, all is ok until the u-turn at Dunlop-Kehre where I begin to slide all over the place and after that it is all messy and I lose the spots won before. Tried 2 times same issue. I should try with tyres better suited for rain I guess.

Did some quick races on the same track next, same car, on easy, intermediate and pro, rewards were poor despite the bonus for collector level 50 and some bonus from circuit experience (good thing that CE is now impacting something, it will motivate me to pursue).

Got a 6* tickets 😱 .............. for parts 😞a shaft for a car I have, which push its value to +40k cr (while the part is supposed to cost 300k...)

What is the small text visible next to some cars "Choices available" ? (not sure how it is translated in english, I play in French), I see it on the NSX Type R '92 currently at UCD or a car at LCD (don't remembre which one)

Last edited:
What is the small text visible next to some cars "Choices available" ? (not sure how it is translated in english, I play in French), I see it on the NSX Type R '92 currently at UCD or a car at LCD (don't remembre which one)
That would be the "Special Picks" introduced in August. Each week, 1 UCD and 1 LCD car is chosen to be that, supposedly taken from the ranks of the cars on the most wishlists. The UCD car is priced as though it is new, with under 2,000 miles/3,200 km on the odometer.

As for the daily run (to get back on topic and not tree myself)...

On the Plus account, I ran the last of the Red Bull X2019 Nations Cup races, at Lake Maggiore. Once again, it took 2 tries and a lap-7 change of soft tires as I'm no good at the track, but thanks to running Serrano's medium tires down so he had to pit on lap 13, I got a 18.9-second win in 22:52 over Haywood on hards. Even though I got the CRB and 300,000 Cr., this is not a repeatable race.

What was repeatable was the 4-star Wheel of Despair, or at least the 4-star and Wheel of Despair parts. It puked out a Porsche invite, which I neither wanted nor needed.

On the GTP account, I continued with the Master IA licenses. It took a few tries and exactly 7 miles to gold MIA-2. It took more tries and 18 miles to gold MIA-3. MIA-4's 8 miles to gold put me at the marathon distance, which gave me an all-car 4-star ticket. That gave me a third Subaru WRX Gr.B road car (the 2nd-most-expensive on the Wheel, behind an Aston Martin Gr.4). I hung onto it for normal tuning purposes.

Last edited:
Thoroughly enjoyable race around the Ring in a Porsche (weeklies). Raced it before (standard GT7 race) but fun to do it again. First attempt failed (on RH tyres) with a crash, switched to IMs and won. Great fun!

Did the 5 first weekly challenges, easy. Sometimes it gave me tickets sometimes nothing, not sure how it is supposed to reward.

Did the first level of the new license too. Only bronze so I won a ticket.

One 3 stars for DM 😒 but it gave 100k not so bad.

One 200k reward. Cool

Two 6 stars 🤩 for parts 😤😫

Last edited:
So, after doing my favourite race (WTC800 at Spa) almost as nauseam, I decided to do it a bit differently tonight and switch off all the display info, and do the race with the in-car view only.

Good points: It is the ultimate in realism, and it feels and looks great.

Bad points: A few obvious ones, but one major problem.

First, you have no lap time or positional info. Not a big deal, though, since you can still tell where you are positionally from past experience.

Second, you have no tyre, fuel or weather info. The latter is a bit problem at Spa, so it's necessary to shift back to the basic info view at some point.

Lastly, the big one - getting rid of all display info also disables flag info. I got a penalty without knowing I had one, but figured I'd just cut a corner or something (though I couldn't figure out where)... it turned out, however, that I'd unwittingly overtaken someone under yellow flags, which I had no idea about. The net result - I lost 500,000 Cr. for not getting the Clean Race Bonus for the first time ever. :(

Earning Cr. in GT7 is enough of a pain in the arse without losing a bundle of cash for something so innocuous, but I guess it was my fault for trying to make the race a bit more realisitic. Pity, though, because it really spoiled the whole thing for me, and I won't be doing it again.

I then got a 4* ticket for the Daily Marathon, which was suspension for a car I don't use, worth 6,000 Cr. :rolleyes:

-

edit: I just reviewed the replay and it was indeed a yellow flag, at the very start of Lap 2 :ouch:

-

edit 2: cheered myself up a bit by selling one of my GR010's to get the XJ13 I've been saving up for, and then spent the last 20 mins checking out the engine sounds of various cars with the volume cranked up. The XJ13 is now the most expensive car I've bought in the game.

Last edited:
Collected the Bronze for Interlagos, ran the first four Weekly races, getting a 200k ticket and a six-star for an UHS turbo for the GTR Safety car. Ran the Lake TT, way off the pace there. The regular wheel dribbled out another 5k.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back