What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 12,961 comments
Yeah I only got 2 silvers, and 2 bronzes on the CE, but that was enough to bring it from 200% to 350. At 350 you can do the Abarth/Tommy X thing for 30 laps and get 1.5 million. Been doing this for, well, all night damn near.
I went back to try and get the final 2 gold's on sector 1 and 3 and to my surprise I did.

So now the bonus is 400%

I went back to try and get the final 2 gold's on sector 1 and 3 and to my surprise I did.

So now the bonus is 400%
What's the payout for 30 Laps Abarth/Tommy X setup if you don't mind me asking? just wondering if it's worth me pulling my hair out over to finish up getting gold. 😄

Last edited:
What's the payout for 30 Laps Abarth/Tommy X setup if you don't mind me asking? just wondering if it's worth me pulling my hair out over to finish up getting gold. 😄
I got this with 31 laps so it should be around 1.6m with 26 laps with the 400% bonus.
Gran Turismo® 7_20231104090802.jpg

Spent a lot of time today on the Master Licenses...... this update is massive! Have got all the way up to the S licence but am struggling with the Porsche on that really dismal Barcelona rally / race track. What a disaster - who on earth designed it??? The Jag race still to do too before unlocking the final race. PD have done a super job with this update. :cheers:

Spent a lot of time today on the Master Licenses...... this update is massive! Have got all the way up to the S licence but am struggling with the Porsche on that really dismal Barcelona rally / race track. What a disaster - who on earth designed it??? The Jag race still to do too before unlocking the final race. PD have done a super job with this update. :cheers:
I liked the Porsche S licence but the Daytona Coupe, goodness me what a terrible wallowy old heap of junk that is :D

Last edited:
On the GTP account, I started the Master A licenses, golding the first 3 and silvering the 4th before needing to bail for the Nations Cup race. The THIRD 3-star Wheel of Despair of 4 this month puked out...you guessed it...the lowest-possible 5,000 Cr.

As I just missed the 10 am CDT slot, I went back to the Master A licenses. The hardest struggle was A-4, but I eventually got gold in all 10 to get a second AMG GT Black Series for tuning and an engine ticket bearing a Shelby GT350R engine. I put that in one of my Ford Roadsters.

I made it just in time for the 11 am room. To my surprise, I wasn't the only Corvette there. I drew number 16, with 37 points available to the winner. I qualified 5th, behind 4 AMGs, with a pair of AMGs and a pair of RE Amemiyas (those lined up directly behind me in 7th and 9th) behind. I got caught up in turn 4 carnage on lap 1 and picked up a 2-second penalty, dropping to 11th. I did my best to help 12th and 13th catch up to 10th, which they did by the end of the backstretch, then served my penalty, finishing 13th.

I tried again in the noon slot. I decided not to qualify, starting 16th and last in the Corvette. I lost touch with the field even before Calamity Corner got me again.

I tried once more at 1 pm. A slight wall scrape gave me 14th in qualifying, just under 0.7 seconds off the pole. I passed 13th just as the 16th-place qualifier used his nitrous to shoot past. I lost my inside help before the hill, so I dropped to last, 2.6 seconds back by the top of the hill, and drafting back to 2.4 seconds behind going into turn 1.

I wish I could say my charge to 4th after really losing touch with the lead pack while over-correcting slow cars and scraping the outside wall just before the start/finish tunnel on lap 1 was truly brilliant, but there was a lot of carnage, a couple homicidal drivers (though my charge helped one of their victims win, and, had a second victim, who was my pusher, used his nitrous at all and not scraped the wall in turn 3 on the 2nd/last lap, would have possibly backed up his pole run with a win), and the 5th- through 9th-place finishers all didn't use a drop of nitrous. I can say that, if the lead car of a bump-draft train carefully squeezes the nitrous, the resulting bump-draft train will be 5 mph or so faster than a no-nitrous bump-draft train while using a half-to-2/3rds bottle per straight, and that nitrous-squeezing isn't necessary once one closes to within 0.8 seconds of a normal bump-draft duo until after the pass of said duo. I can also say that I did get the CRB.

On the Plus account, I decided to see how many other new races I could clean up before getting my marathon ticket. I bought some snow tires for the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IV, slapped it on an old dirt tune I had, and blitzed the Japanese 4WD Challenge at Lake Louise in 4:30, beating Brooks' MAZDA3 by 2.3 seconds and picking up 57,000 Cr. with the CRB.

I then grabbed some snow tires for the Toyota Tundra that I put a custom transmission on for the other Pickup Truck races, auto-set that transmission for 210 km/h, and headed to Lake Louise for the Pickup Truck Race there. Despite the minimal tuning (I could have geared it a bit higher), I managed to run down Gallo's F-150 for a 0.18-second win in 6:04. In addition to the 75,000 Cr. with the CRB, I picked up 100,000 Cr. for completing the 1st of this week's Weekly Challenges.

As I hadn't hit 26.2 miles, I took the newest Porsche 911 to Laguna Seca for the limited-time 1-make race there. It wasn't quite clean, but it was a win.

The 3-star Wheel of Despair expanded to this account, making 4 of 8 this month between the 2 accounts. The all-cash Wheel puked out the lowest-possible/low-showing 5,000 Cr. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Tuned the 190E and drove it around Brands Hatch.
Drove the Challenger Demon around Maggiore.

Last edited:
Did one Daytona Grind, won a Porsche Cayman GR4 on the roulette ticket, started working on a touring car grid by tuning up an M3, 190E and Sierra, played some online lobbies, stared at my time on the Brands TT wondering whether to have another go but I decided I couldn't be bothered, started the snow S licence in an attempt to get gold but decided I couldn't be bothered, went back to calmly painting lovely cars, went to bed too late. Good times!

Last edited:
Yesterday I completed the final two Weekly Challenges and the first 8 tests in the Master A Licence.

I have been enjoying chipping away at the new content but need to give some of the new cars a decent run - The LF-A has not been neglected of course!

Completed the first two license tests, spent a bunch of time with the '68 Chargers, (have 4 now, 3 different tunes, 1 still stock). Bought and swapped a '73 911. Got a bore-up and a Hellcat motor from the license test 6-star tickets. Got 10k from the wheel.

On the Plus account, I took a break from doing the new races to finish up the Weekly Challenges. As I am not interested in mere garage queens on this account, I took the Ferrari 365 GTB4 to Nurburgring for the European FR Challenge. It took some getting used to comfort softs in the wet, but I got the win and the 200,000 Cr. for completing the 3rd Weekly Challenge race.

For the Nissan GT-R Cup at Deep Forest, I chose handling and lightness in the R32 V-spec II I had tuned for the Tokyo grind over the newer GT-Rs. The win, plus the mileage, got me an engine ticket that dropped a Civic engine (which, surprisingly, I didn't have in stock).

Since the Ferrari 458 Italia Gr.4 was legal for the Ferrari Circuit Challenge at Dragon Tail, I used it there. Never send a road car to do a race car's job. The resulting 5-star ticket from completing the Weekly Challenge gave a Toyota S-FR Racing Concept. As it was my second, and I had some good tuning parts, I put them on it.

On the GTP account, I started the Master IB license. The first 2 weren't too hard, but the second two, which is where I ended up leaving off, were beasts to gold. The only pity the Wheel of Despair had on me was that it was a 4-star - the all-cash wheel puked up the low-showing/lowest-possible 10,000 Cr.

Last edited:
05.11 - did a lot. Made gold on watkins glenn CE only to get ripped of from 1kk reward by my internet connection failure, had to redo it once I got online again, that was a bit frustrating because I was struggling to get gold time on 1 lap. Then made all gold on Road Atlanta CE without any problems. Hopped in for one race C on SPA, finished 12. Tried to get silver on time trial with nissan, managed to get 2 clean laps out of 8 (one which put me into silver) as I kept touching the barriers and sometimes the game kept red labelling my time for slightly touching white lines. Finished weekly events, and did some more sp events that I haven't done yet (currently at 63% completion).

Loving the Spec II version now doing so many different things.
Mostly custom races. Some recreating the BTCC championship. Others just made up to practice certain car and track combinations to make money whilst practicing for S licences, time trials or circuit experiences.
Then of course also doing the licences, new licences, time trials and circuit experiences. I now love that there's a reason to get silver on a circuit experience, which as actually lead me to getting gold on several too.

Not done any grinding on the big 4 races since last week :)

A friend was over so we got ourselves a standard 'fast' car and set a lap time on a few different tracks, Tsukuba, Fuji and Bathurst, then bought a 'slow' car and tried to beat it with as little spend as possible, limited to the same tyres.

Nismo GT-R on Tsukuba was ultimately beaten by a C4 Corvette, the C4 was a lot more fun to drive as well!
The same GT-R on Fuji was ultimately beaten by an Evo IV.
Then we took the Maserati MC20 around Bathurst and beat it with a tuned up Camaro.

It was a lot of fun. The Camaro was in an appropriate V8 Supercars livery, so we ended up putting it on slicks, leaving it around 600bhp NA and going for lap time. Fortunately (for me!) my friend is a chassis development engineer at an OEM, and was previously a race engineer in touring cars. My mind was blown at how he was able to immediately transform how the Camaro handled, and then with a bit of feedback and watching me do a couple of laps, tweaked a few things and dialled out the nastier aspects of the Camaro's handling behaviour.

I had no idea the setups in GT7 actually had such a 'real' impact on the cars, to be honest I'd always been a bit skeptical given the glitchy exploit tunes people use to be competitive, but having someone who actually knows exactly what they're doing set your car up for you was unbelievable, and being able to feel the difference in turn in or how the car handled the crests and rumble strips etc. with a couple of tiny tweaks... I was seriously impressed!

Spent nearly all what was left in my bank account, checked some new features, collected some tickets. Some good improvements with the last udpate. Still no way to track your progression in CE yet (other than viewing a percentage of completion).

Waiting for the next money glitch (better and funnier than swapped abarth VS tomahawks) to make some cash and pursue my car collection.

Not really motivated to drive.

been_a_minute.gif

Weekend update, I suppose.😁

If the goal of the latest update was to get more people in and playing, well, it worked on me. Having a blast with the new weekly races and the rest of the new content they dropped.

I think the new weekly races are going to prompt me to get more done a lot sooner than I otherwise would. For instance, since there was a race going on @ Deep Forest I went ahead and finished-out the circuit experience. No way I would've focused on getting gold on those now were it not for the races. That's the stuff that just sits there waiting to get done until they announce a sunset date...then it's panic time. Might not be as bad this go-round -vs- 'Sport for me.

Hadn't intended to buy the 400R yet but FOMO got me so emptied the bank on that. Needed cash to upgrade the Evo I bought (plus buy another since I was ruining one) so I went ahead and knocked-out the Nurb' GP circuit experience. Tickets have been crap for me so they're not helping.

Also left wondering something...did they ever test the 190E Evo II @ 200+ IRL? I threw a truckload of money/parts at it and promptly dropped it on the track. Not a great idea, obviously. Goal was to spend the whole weekend doing nothing but drive this car but the rest of the content got me and that didn't happen. Was going great at the 'Ring until the main straight, and even most of that was cool. Then I hit the brakes at 211 or so and very dramatic things happened. Very quickly. It was like someone strapped a JATO pod to the back of the car and ignited it...sideways. Gonna have to work on that. They're just sooooo pretty tho.....
S_Company East_.jpeg

:cheers:

On the Plus account, I continued the new races. First, I bought some tires for the Ford Focus Gr.B and took it to Lake Louise for the World Rally Challenge, which was the last race there. It was an easy 2.2-second win over Lim and an Audi Sport quattro in 7:18. However, it wasn't clean, as I only got 85,000 Cr.

I then cleaned up the last race of the new WTC 900, over at Trial Mountain, in the tuned Nissan GT-R NISMO GT500. Tires were not an issue, but fuel was - I needed to set FM to 5 to do a no-stop race. Also an issue was the rubber-banding. I barely held off Sternberg in another GT-R NISMO GT500 by 0.1 seconds after he turned it on after pitting on lap 8 for fuel. His fast lap on RH tires before that was over 1:51 (while I was turning 1:50s), yet he set the fastest lap on lap 10, and I had to turn the 2nd-fastest lap of the entire race to hold him off. At least it was a clean win, though it took 18:34 to get 240,000 Cr. I guess when I get to the WTC 900 on the GTP account, I'll be looking at LMPs rather than the intended Gr.2s.

The 4-star marathon was anything but the usual Wheel of Despair, though the middle-showing 500,000 Cr. was the lowest legal prize.

On the GTP account, it took over 60 miles of driving to gold Master IB-5. At that rate, I doubt I'll get gold on that or the other remaining master licenses. As my "reward", I got my FOURTH 3-star Wheel of Despair of only six this month, this one "good" for the low-showing 10,000 Cr. I'd probably get invites out of the Master IB bronze and Master IA bronze 5-star Wheels of Despair and a cheap car out of the 6-star for Master S.

Still, I persevered, burning 48 miles to get gold in IB-6, but only a bit over 7 miles to get gold in IB-7 a few tries and 3 miles at IB-8 (hint, don't downshift to 2nd), and only 2 tries at IB-9 (with the first only 0.01 seconds off gold). It took a few more tries at Fuji, as I hate the 21-Century version of the track, but I picked up both the 5-star Wheel of Despair and a second Lexus LFA. Said Wheel of Despair didn't give an invitation as it was a cash-only Wheel, but it did give the lowest-legal (and middle-showing) 100,000 Cr.

Today I..

Celebrate my 1 year anniversary since I bought and started with GT7.:)

I can easily say that I have enjoy my time with the game from all the grinding I did that no 1 will ever match.:sly:

In my time I was a able to build a collection of all my favorite cars and got to 90% of buying everything in BC but sadly cause of that 2K limit I wont be able to finish buying everything.

In my time I was able to own.

X5 - Aston Martin Vulcan.
X4 - Aston Martin Valkyrie.
X29 - Bugatti Veyron
X10 - Bugatti Chiron
X20 - Ferrari Enzo
X20 - Ferrari FXXK
X20 - Ferrari Laferrari
X8 - Ferrari F50
X5 - Ferrari F40
X4 - Of every Group C car
X20 - McLaren P1 GTR
X20 - McLaren F1 94
X12 - McLaren F1 GTR 95
X6 - Pagani Zonda R
X7 - Porsche Carrera GT 04
X6 - Porsche 911 996 GT1 Strassenversion 1997
X4 - Porsche 917K
X13 - Porsche 917 LL
X13 - Porsche 918
X3 - Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe 64
X4 - Toyota GR10 21'

And so many More 1940 in total great year of playing GT7 if I say so myself.
Gran Turismo® 7_20231106212108.jpg

Anyway I wont give up hope that PD will increase the garage limit pass 2K.

Last edited:
Back