What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 12,956 comments
Didn't get a chance to do much as it was late and I had wake up @5am. Got my ticket for the TT 918 and that gave the extra menu ticket which gave a GTR engine

Finally hit collector level 50. Was also stoked when we got the cash from the TT's since I just recently got the an invitation for the Carrera GT. Problem was, I had, like, 12 bucks when I got it and wasn't in the mood for grinding it out. Problem solved...got my cash and spent it immediately on a shiny new Carrera GT. 🤣

Installed the update.
Looked around at the new events.
Bought 6 of the 7 cars
Collected 2 of 3 Extra Cafe books tickets.
And that's it for today.

Racing later tonight with my buddies.

I think it would be fair to say today has been a good day...

I started off by buying the Lexus LFA and Mercedes 190 E, and made a livery for the former.

I then bought the 911 GT3 RS (992) and completed the new Weekly Challenges, which pay out very nicely - I got 325,500 Cr. for the 5 short races, plus tickets worth 300,000 Cr. and a 5* ticket which got me a Toyota FT-1 VGT. (450,000 Cr.). (I also got a 4* ticket for the Daily Marathon, which gave me a lousy 10,000 Cr...)

I then bought the Lexus LC500 which completed the new Lexus Menu Book and that me got another 5* ticket, which yielded a Nissan Concept 2020 VGT.

So, that's 6 new cars, 625,500 Cr. in prize money, and only required 60 miles of driving.

Good Day GIF

On the GTP account, I drained the coffers by buying the 7 new cars as well as the 2014 Red Bull X2014 Standard. At the moment I bought the Red Bull, I had just under a third of the 25,600,000 Cr. I need to buy the 20 cars I don't already own (most of the VGT cars, the VW ID.R, Porsche 919 Hybrid and McLaren P1 GTR). The tickets I won from completing the new Extra Menus (Road-Going Racers for an engine ticket, Lexus for a 5-star and Red Bull X Series for a 6-star) gave, respectively, a Corvette C7 ZR1 engine, a Toyota 86 Gr.4 (on a cashless wheel, with an invite, an engine, an ECU and a BAC Mono as the other choices, which I hung onto) and 1,0000,000 Cr. (the 2 other cash prizes shown were invalid coins, with an expensive Ferrari and one of the Alpine VGTs the 2 car options).

I continued my buying spree for future engine purposes with 2 Corvette C6's (widening 1), a Corvette Gr.3 road car, 2 2013 Dodge Vipers (widening 1), a Ford Mustang Gr.3 road car, 2 2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP-610-4s (widening 1), a Mitsubishi Lancer Gr.B road car, and 2 Nissan GT-R NISMOs (widening 1). To save some money, as I already had 3 Lexus RC F's, I simply widened 1 of them and re-designated it and a second one future swap candidtes rather than future tuning candidates. I also passed on buying another Mazda Atenza Gr.3 road car and another Subaru WRX Gr.B road car, re-designating the 2nd copies of each a future swap candidate rather than a future tuning candidate. That brought me down to under 6.8 million Cr.

I started to claw back the money by working over the Lake Louise circuit experience, eventually golding it. The 3-star workout Wheel of Despair (what else) puked out the low-showing 10,000 Cr. What good is Spec II if we're still going to push out 3-star Wheels of Despair for those at Collector Level 50?

I then worked through the Weekly Challenge, taking a clean/easy first at Nurburgring European FR Challenge 550 in a 2007 BMW M3, a clean first (by 2.1 seconds) at the new Lake Louise Pickup Truck Race in a Ford F-150 with just the unremovable parts (for 75,000 Cr. in 5:51), a clean first (by 0.9 seconds) at the new one-make 2022 orsche 911 GT3 race at Laguna Seca (121,500 Cr., 7:52), a clean/easy first at Deep Forest Nissan GT-R Cup in my old Tokyo R33 grinder (which bloated well above 600 PP with recent physics changes), and a clean/easy first at Dragon Trail Ferrari Circuit Challenge in a mildly-tuned Enzo. Along the way, I picked up a 100,000-Cr. ticket for getting a podium in the first race, a 200,000-Cr. ticket for getting a podium in the third race, and a 5-star ticket worth a Lamborghini Veneno on a cashless wheel. As I had the two Venenos I want (one for stock, one for tuning), I flipped it for 1,772,910 Cr.

As I now have 2 LT5-Corvette-C7 engines, I put them in the waiting C4s. I hope to get to the Plus account later today.

Last edited:
Haven't played in a while so glad I got to check the update. Bought all the new cars. Customized the charger and the 400R with wide body. Took my dream GT3 RS for a test drive and collected the price for the extra menus. All in all, really great update! Might be back playing a bit more.

On the Plus account, I bought all the new cars, which completed the 3 new Menu Books. I got a Chiron engine from the engine ticket, a Bore Up S for the BAC Mono from the cashless 5-star Wheel of Despair (I already had one), and a 2016 Nissan GT-R NISMO GT500 from the 6-star (which I hung onto for tuning purposes).

I cleared the Lake Louise CE quite a bit faster than I did on the GTP account, but the 4-star workout Wheel of Despair puked out a Pagani invite (not the one I was looking for).

I started with the WTC 900 menu book. After looking over the radar at Nurburgring, I bought rain tires for the freshly-acquired GT-R NISMO GT500 and went to work. After a couple aborted runs, I found a winning formula as the rain held off - a no-stop run (FM 4) on mediums in the NISMO GT500 was good enough for a 0.3-second win over a non-stopping Kawakami in another NISMO GT500 in 19:19. The no-CRB prize of 135,000 Cr. means it's a 1-and-done.

The dry Autopolis race required both a no-stop strategy (FM 3), a sketchy run on mediums (theey were used up by lap 10) and a bit of luck (Kawakami pitting on lap 9 instead of doing a no-stop run). Somehow he fell well back at the last s-curve, finishing 7.8 seconds behind after a 17:28 race where I somehow got a CRB for 225,000 Cr.

At Suzuka, it was a very-sketchy 1-stop win, as I didn't take tires on my lap-7 stop, and they were completely worn. As Kawakami couldn't make it a no-stop run, it was Sternberg in yet another NISMO GT500 I had to hold off, doing so by 0.8 seconds in 19:35. Once again, I missed out on the CRB, collecting only 170,000 Cr. The all-cash 5-star Wheel of Despair from completing the menu book stopped on the middle-showing/lowest-legal 100,000 Cr.

Just beat the first of the two new menus. It took three attempts before I could claim 3rd place at Autopolis. I won the other two events but that one was harder. I had a quick go with the X2019 menu. And trailed home 12th and last....

Bought the Challenger Demon and took it to Watkins Glen
Bought the 190E and took it to the Nurburgring
Bought the 992 GT3 RS and took it to Road Atlanta
Bought the LF-A and took it to Deep Forest
Bought the Tesla Model 3 and took it to Grand Valley
Bought the '68 Charger and took it to Kyoto
Bought the 400R and took it to Bathurst

Last edited:
I actually took the day off. I had too much PTO and was burned out anyway. It just happened to coincide with the 2.0 release.

I woke up at 10 a.m. to give the livery editors a head start. Then I began buying new cars and researching realistic liveries to pick for them. Then I knocked out the challenges to collect the tickets and my daily miles. After that was done I just played around with the Sophy races, figuring out how they work. If you pick the right base car setup you can have some really fun and unique races with the AI. I don't think I've ever checked my rearview mirrors so much before. Trying to set up attacks while also trying not to leave the door open is tricky.

First i try LFA at La Sarthe stock form with only adding some parts.
Excellent car even stock.
After that i did all weekly races and then i try to find new licenses but nothing, i realise that had to do S license that i have left undone 🥴
I bronze what was left and open the new ones .
Try some in first license,gold a few and then i stop.
Definitely this update is in s good path .

Honestly, not much. I came home to an adorable alley cat that needs medical attention and I almost earned his trust. Then I wrenched it out on a 2010 F-150 tracking down a misfire and exhaust issues. It felt good to climb 60 feet up the ramp and nearly hit the speed governor in second gear in a former fleet truck.
I did buy one each of all seven new cars and claimed the three tickets for that. I've been hanging on to prize cars recently, we'll see tomorrow if any of them can get an engine swap.

Today's 6am run >

Was great because I remembered to update the game the night before, heh...

@sport mode: I ca$hed 250k from the Alsace TT and set a time in the Tokyo TT, let's see if I can bronze it. I liked a lot how the 400R behaves.

@single player: Took a tour to see some of the new features. No snow track for me, maybe I'm lacking collector level or smth. Entered the Panamerican Champ with my Ford GT and P1 all three races first try and I didn't even tuned it to 700pp, weird (I struggled a lot in the two previous Champs). Then I got a 911 GT3 and tuned it to 650pp to race menu 32. Menu 39 is required to access weekly events sooo I think no weeklies for me this first round :(

2 x 4-star tickets gave me 40.000 cr. OK.

Been off the game for months but thought I would jump back in to try out all the new stuff.

As soon as I got into the new 992 RS I fell in love with the game again.

What a car. I think it may be the best car in the game straight out of the box with no tuning.

A lot of fun racing Sophy at Spa.

I have a feeling I’ll be back in the game for a while now.

Bought the new Hagerty cars and did some garage cleaning now that my IMSA championships are done, so basically I got my money back plus a bit more.

Bought the new Hagerty cars and did some garage cleaning now that my IMSA championships are done, so basically I got my money back plus a bit more.
Three new Hagerty cars at once, now and that a kick in the rear? Um, I mean the diffuser, the rearmost part of the car. I would never suggest anyone here would lay a hand (or foot) on another person.

Apart from many things in the GT7 SPEC II UPDATE, this is one of the cool things I acheived in GT7 today!!

Loving the snow track....

ENJOY!!

On the GTP account, I got my Master National B license, all gold with some difficulty. The 4-star marathon Wheel of Despair (the first of the month after two 3-stars) gave the low-showing 10,000 Cr., while the parts ticket from getting all bronze for the MB license gave carbon brakes for the Nissan Z Performance. I hung onto my 4th Ford Roadster (from getting all gold for the MB license), with this one now becoming the garage queen, one stock now available for driving, one for future tuning purposes, and one for future engine-swap purposes.

On the Plus account, I started the X2019 Nations Cup menu book and tried the Interlagos X2019 Nations Cup with a stock X2019. It didn't go well. I kept spinning out, and even with TC 1, I was 7 seconds behind Hizal and stuck with worn tires. After applying a max-downforce tune from @hookedonturbo's calculator, it was much better. I still needed TC 1, but tires weren't an issue and I won by 3.6 seconds in 15:44. No CRB, however, so all I got was a lousy 150,000 Cr.

At Sardegna, even with the tune and TC 1, rear tires were a big issue, as they were used up by the end of the race. Still, I got a 2.7-second win in 18:48, and despite a bit of an off, I got the CRB and 262,500 Cr. It isn't quite the Grindy Four, but it isn't too bad, especially since the AI can drive the circuit properly unlike in Gr.3 machines in the WTC 800 grind.

I finished up at Dragon Trail (Wait, what? No Red Bull Ring race?). Tire management was an even-bigger issue here, as my 6-second lead all-but-evaporated on lap 14. I finished 0.9 seconds ahead of Miyazono in 19:24, collecting an unclean 190,000 Cr. The 4-star marathon Wheel of Despair gave the lowest-possible 10,000 Cr., while the 6-star from the menu book gave the 2nd-lowest-showing/lowest-possible 500,000 Cr.

In the past two days, bought three Chargers, three MB's, an LFA, a 400R, and a GT3. Completed the weekly races. Ran a few new license tests, some Tokyo TT, W16-swapped a Corvette and Lexus. Ran LeMans once with the LFA. Ran the WTC900, using the GR010 at the Ring for the Cafe Menu. Got a bore-up, (on a 6-star).

Last edited:
f6710fac6c3b9d2bca41f5a6d3472e97_thumb_l_x2.jpg

Because... why not? Most Dukes always get the wrong wheels or body color, though admittedly this one I did on an alt. account does have some minor changes compared to the real TV car, notably the flag was changed to the USA flag and plate is different... But at least the rims are right!

Today I..

Bought the other 2 colors for the Lamborghini veneno.

Then Grinded my credits back to 100m.

Then I got silver and gold on the full lap on the Daytona CE to my surprise with the gold on the full lap so now my bonus is 350%.:lol:
Yeah I only got 2 silvers, and 2 bronzes on the CE, but that was enough to bring it from 200% to 350. At 350 you can do the Abarth/Tommy X thing for 30 laps and get 1.5 million. Been doing this for, well, all night damn near.

Last edited:
Back