What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 12,956 comments
Yesterday I tried a TT in Sport Mode for the first time and realized that I suck a lot more at this game than I thought😕
While it seems that the Alsace TT is one of the easiest TTs and everyone and their dog gets gold there on first try, I couldn't even manage to get silver. Got stuck at 49.322 and just couldn't improve the time although I did about 20 more laps and tried different cars.
Guess I will retire from the game. I hate not being good at the things I do and I would be reminded of my failure every single time I boot up the game.
Doing bad > feeling bad🙁

Sub 50 sec is a really good time. On your first TT? How is setting a Top ~6% bad? That's getting a 94/100 or an A grade on a test and saying you failed...

everyone and their dog gets gold there on first try
Erm, no.

Getting gold at any TT is challenging. It's only easier to get gold while the TT is brand new, as the top time will improve as time goes on.

I managed to get a gold last week only for K. De Bruyne to demote me to a silver, but I did manage to get back under the new gold time.

Alsace is a relatively easy one because the track is not too technical and the car is easy to drive, but you still need to practice and study some replays to get gold here.

I was nowhere near golds when I first started doing TTs, and some are still way out of my reach, but the more you play and the more you try different cars and circuits, the better you will become over all. But it's not everyone who can or will gold every test, and setting yourself such a standard is likely to result in frustration.

My advice is to forget about trying to keep up with the pros and just focus on trying to improve your own technique.

Yesterday I tried a TT in Sport Mode for the first time and realized that I suck a lot more at this game than I thought😕
While it seems that the Alsace TT is one of the easiest TTs and everyone and their dog gets gold there on first try, I couldn't even manage to get silver. Got stuck at 49.322 and just couldn't improve the time although I did about 20 more laps and tried different cars.
Guess I will retire from the game. I hate not being good at the things I do and I would be reminded of my failure every single time I boot up the game.
Doing bad > feeling bad🙁
Don't give up! The TT can be difficult when just starting GT7 and take a lot of time to get Gold. It used to take me the entire two weeks improving my time to get Gold. Now I can do it in a couple stints, typically. Even some I'm Silver (or Bronze if I'm using the pad).

Watch replays, load and follow ghosts, I see you've already been to the Time Trial Discussion thread and that's a good group of people who will provide inspiration and encouragement. As your skills improve, you'll find the TT more enjoyable and eventually Gold!

Yesterday I tried a TT in Sport Mode for the first time and realized that I suck a lot more at this game than I thought...Guess I will retire from the game. I hate not being good at the things I do and I would be reminded of my failure every single time I boot up the game.
Perspective. The world record times are always ridiculously fast, and since the prize tiers are calculated based on that time, it always depends on the time trial.

I feel like I suck too despite getting gold often, but I always know I'm quite a distance away from the world record.

You need to not think about the world record, OR gold for now. You need to set your own goals instead of getting caught up in the "I'm so slow compared to the best" train. They are the fastest people for a reason.

Oh, and, if you are not one of the fastest around, you always need to pick the fastest car in the Group X TT's. Some cars are simply not good enough for gold for most people, including myself. I occasionally try slower cars to try and get gold with though, if the gold is too easy to acquire.

I may be harsh with my wording, but that's just how it is. You can't be faster than your best performance at the time. :)

Another piece of advice I have in mind is finding a person who is more or less doing the same pace as you. That gives you a good measuring bar on your own abilities.

Last edited:
@Steer @PGodia10 @Touring Mars @GlockPants @TumeK5 : Thanks for the heads up, really appreciate it!

I was, once again, overreacting a bit yesterday. Unfortunately I'm a rather ambitious guy and I always set my goals high. I just wanna be good at everything I do. And ofc I get pissed if I can't live up to my own standards😕

Anyway, your posts motivated me to try again.

So first I did was retrying the Mazda, which almost everyone seems to use but I didn't like at all yesterday. But no, I still don't like it. It feels heavy and like it just doesn't want to turn at all.

So next I tried almost all other cars. I like testing different cars, so that part was interesting, almost fun. But none of the cars gave me the feeling that I could improve my time.
So I went back to the car I used yesterday and which I like most, the Ferrari.
I did a few laps and I indeed improved my time to 49:089!
And because I had the feeling that I figured some things out about the track and the car, I didn't stop and drove a few more laps. And I managed to improve my time again:

1000000330.png

Now this is a time I can live with and I don't feel awful anymore🙂

Thanks again! I will post the video in the TT thread later, maybe I can get some tips there to improve my driving further.

Last edited:
@Steer @PGodia10 @Touring Mars @GlockPants @TumeK5 : Thanks for the heads up, really appreciate it!

I was, once again, overreacting a bit yesterday. Unfortunately I'm a rather ambitious guy and I always set my goals high. I just wanna be good at everything I do. And ofc I get pissed if I can't live up to my own standards😕

Anyway, your posts motivated me to try again.

So first I did was retrying the Mazda, which almost everyone seems to use but I didn't like at all yesterday. But no, I still don't like it. It feels heavy and like it just doesn't want to turn at all.

So next I tried almost all other cars. I like testing different cars, so that part was interesting, almost fun. But none of the cars gave me the feeling that I could improve my time.
So I went back to the car I used yesterday and which I like most, the Ferrari.
I did a few laps and I indeed improved my time to 49:089!
And because I had the feeling that I figured some things out about the track and the car, I didn't stop and drove a few more laps. And I managed to improve my time again:

View attachment 1299151

Now this is a time I can live with and I don't feel awful anymore🙂

Thanks again! I will post the video in the TT thread later, maybe I can get some tips there to improve my driving further.
I preferred the Alfa 155 for what it is worth.

On the Plus account, I hit the easy button and ground Sardegna with the Lexus SC430 GT500. The 5th 3-star Wheel of Despair of 18 this month puked out the lowest-possible 5,000 Cr.

On the GTP account, after collecting 1,500,000 Cr., another 2022 Honda Civic and another 2013 Porsche 918 Spyder for the 2 special time trials I was eligible for (bronze at Road Atlanta, silver by a couple thousandths at Nurburgring), I ran the original Renault R.S.01 around Sardegna. The 4-star Wheel of Despair pushed out a racing crankshaft for the Aston Martin V8 Vantage S.

Picked up an Integra, swapped it and ran LeMans once. Got 5k from the wheel. Also collected my TT rewards-credits and cars. The cars completed two Cafe menus, giving 2 engines.

Jumped back in after taking a few weeks off between business travel and practicing and running my first endurance race in iRacing (Nurburgring endurance, multi class 4 hours in the GR86 Cup Car class).

Took the stock GR86 to the endurance layout at Nurburgring to compare how the road car feels and the differences between the iRacing engine and GT7. Was fun to compare the differences of the road car and the cup car.

Did a few single player events in the WTC800 series with the RC F GT500 '16. Then took my favorite VGT (the Mazda) around Nurburgring for fun.

Really nice to get back to VR, still can't get over how stellar the VR implementation in this game is.

Today's 6am run >

Was great, almost excelent. I received the Civic and the Porsche from the Michelin and Honda events then I did the Interlagos CE and even golded some sectors. It was good for 200k and some practice for the Merc TT. Unfortunatelly I was 0.5 sec short of bronze on that one.

A 3-star ticket gave me a car I didn't own so that was nice too!

In the last 2/3 months I've been away from gt7. The game hit so low I didnt want to play it anymore. Played other games instead, and just came back every night for a 15minute for the dailly ticket.
But ever since the big update announcement ( and the fact that I finally got the huayra, completing the brand invite car collection), i've been super hyped. Havent been this hyped since the engine swap update.
So I let go of the other games and came back to gt7.
Been doing tokyo wtc600 with some cars I never tried in the past (like some dlc ones) and engine swapped ones.
Also been doing a fully tuned road car time trial compare the fastest road cars in game. The Aston Martin Valkyrie is the goat.

I decided to have a go at using the analogue sticks for steering for the first time ever, and I reckon I'll persevere with it - my mate (who is alot quicker than I am) swears by them, and I was quite surprised at my pace using them already, managing to almost gold the Alsace TT with them.

I did the MX-5 race in the "Human Comedy" missions, and it was a great race - having only managed P3 last time, I got my strategy correct this time, and just about held on for the win having taken the lead just before the start of the final lap.

318BE270-087D-4E16-AF12-E44AB4C9DC04.jpeg

Last edited:
OK, I'm curious now, what did you use until now? Motion Sensor?
When using the controller, I always used the directional buttons.

I also use a wheel, but I play with a controller about 75% of the time.

Most of the time I'm a bit quicker with the wheel, but certain events I prefer to use the controller. That said, I reckon you need a wheel for certain tracks/events, but I enjoy mixing it up a bit and using both.

Yeh, the D-Pad.

It was the only option from PS1/GT1 days, and I've stuck with it ever since :lol:
Really? When I bought a PS1, £169.99 with a free game F1'97, the first thing I did was buy the original analogue pad. Took too the sticks straight away.

Last edited:
@Touring Mars - I didn't show up until GT3/PS2, so back then, the D-pad was somewhat analog (though using the analog feature was nigh impossible to use). However, I do have memories of playing the original "Test Drive" on a keyboard (and a monochrome monitor). I had long ago switched from the directional buttons to first the stick (and the triggers on the DS3 for accelerator/brake as they also proved to provide a finer control than the semi-analog X/O/Square/Triangle buttons on the DS2/DS3) and then a wheel (the latter for everything except drifting). I'm surprised that it took you this long to switch out of the D-pad for controller use, especially with it (and the buttons on the right) losing the semi-analog function on the DS4/PS4.

Back to the topic at hand, I ran the rental Corvette C6 around the big oval a few times to see just how fast it is. The insulting 3-star Wheel of Despair gave the lowest-possible 5,000 Cr. For some real cash, I used up the rental Corvette Gr.4 from the Manufacturers' Cup at Sarthe in a drenched 4-stop race.

On the Plus account, I finally got weather dry enough to get a no-compromises 8-lap run at Sarthe with the BMW M3 GT. OF COURSE I got "rewarded" with a 3-star Wheel of Despair (the 6th of 19, making the 8th month of 10 this year with more 3-stars than expected) "worth" a racing muffler. I guess I'm supposed to be thankful it wasn't a semi-racing muffler.

Last edited:
Today's 6am run >

Was pretty bad. I overslept because I had a rough night so it was more like 7am run. I managed to improve my time at Interlagos TT by 0.1 sec which is not good enough for bronze and then the 4-star ticket I opened gave me 10k. Screw it. Gimme me that Spec 1.5 update already :irked::P

Last edited:
So far I took the (stock) Citroen DS21 around the Nordschleife. Nice car, like it a lot, will buy another one for tuning.
And I tried the Interlagos TT but gave up quickly. The car just feels awful on this track, absolutely no fun doing this.

kjb
I got my my 500k from the Road Atlanta TT. Took the 87 Audi to LeMans. Got a nitro for a McLaren 650s Gr4 which I don't own
Yeah I received 500k too, I got a time in the low 1'18.000's and I got the special Porsche Spyder gift car for finishing with a medal.

Won two cars: an 08 Fair lady Z on the roulette and the Alpine A110 for holding the final two IA license tests.
On IA-9 I had a gold time but no gold trophy. The new times really are BS and old times should have been grandfathered in. I spent three hours trying to get the old time. Three hours it was of pure frustration. On the "new" physics it took me 15 minutes to beat the new, more lenient, gold time. I then saw that I hadn't golfed IA-10 and learned the hard way that the SH in this test denotes something besides Sports Hard tires and the green AMG handles slightly better than a clothes dryer. The new time is very generous.
I should watch my mouth, though. Those Master licenses could have the old times on them.
Two days ago I saw Race C is at Spa. I have logged hundreds of hours on that track under similar conditions. I placed 2nd twice with the pink 911 RSR and came within two seconds of my lap time with the faster McLaren F1. I may use that later, just do be aware I'm capable of smoking the 1 hour race with any group 3 car at max difficulty with or without assists (including the HUD and MFD). There are many drivers who are better than I, they are in higher leagues.

Last edited:
My second PSVR2 died. It's not totally dead yet, but the screens were turning off during several runs at the S-7 license tests.
I don't care if it's part of the software, I HAVE to be able to see the track if I'm to pass the test.
Unless there's a way to fix it in software, I'm returning the headset for yet another replacement.

On the GTP account, I brought my time at Alsace down to a respectable sub-49.1 using the McLaren 650S Gr.4, which should easily get me silver tomorrow, and brought my time at Interlagos down to sub-1:37.7, which might hold for silver. The...wait for it...3-star Wheel of Despair puked out the low-showing 10,000 Cr. Guess I should be thankful it wasn't 5,000 Cr. or a semi-racing muffler.

For cash, I went to Sardegna with the 2008 Nissan GT-R GT500. Cheesy? Yes, but I was running short on time and patience.

On the Plus account, I ran the older Ford GT LM Spec II at Sardegna. Good news - it wasn't a 3-star Wheel of Despair waiting for me. Not-so-good - it was a cashless 4-star bearing a full-custom suspension for the Aston Martin DB11.

Today's 6am run >

Was rather short because of the update but I had enough time to finally bronze the Interlagos TT and some ten minutes to spare to bronze a MD mission.

Will be back at night to update the game and open my daily ticket. Excited about that Spec II !

Back