What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 12,938 comments
Sorry for asking but ..... What bots are ?

Damn am becoming so old that i loose the contact with the reality ?
Smoothy.. no worries bra'..

IMO, Bots are whatever you're not driving (specifically off-line, can't speak for o/l racing..)

I'm sure this has already been covered.. just my .02

NW.

Having learned I broke my middle finger over the weekend I’m staying away from online races and I’ve gone back to finishing off my trophy collection.

I completed the 100 photos trophy today leaving just digging the dirt before getting the platinum trophy.
IMG_7470.jpeg

I wish I knew how many rallies I’d already won. I did two more tonight and based on prior tallies that should be at least four now.

I’ll probably stick with Colorado. The truck rally is by far the easiest of the bunch. The spicy chili rallies are proving to be difficult and I hate Fisherman’s Ranch.

Oh and I just discovered that there is a dirt rally cross course at Interlagos Catalunya. I should try that…

Edit: course correction

Last edited:
Today's 6am run >

@sport mode: I improved a bit the time on the Michelin TT, silver is out of reach but at least bronze is secured. I couldn't improve on Alsace TT so no silver for now.

@single player: I tuned the M3 '03 to 600pp and tried it a bit but I run out of time before I could enter the Clubman 600 at Brands Hatch.

I forgot to open my tickets again.

Having learned I broke my middle finger over the weekend I’m staying away from online races and I’ve gone back to finishing off my trophy collection.

I completed the 100 photos trophy today leaving just digging the dirt before getting the platinum trophy.
View attachment 1297574

I wish I knew how many rallies I’d already won. I did two more tonight and based on prior tallies that should be at least for now.

I’ll probably stick with Colorado. The truck rally is by far the easiest of the bunch. The spicy chili rallies are proving to be difficult and I hate Fisherman’s Ranch.

Oh and I just discovered that there is a dirt rally cross course at Interlagos. I should try that…
I understand that doing online races can be very hard when not being able to flip off people. XD

Good luck on the recovery!

Today's 6am run > Was rather short. I still managed to do the 600pp race at Brands Hatch and get an Alfa Romeo as a reward. Two more to clear the menu.

No tickets were opened today either.

Last night I did the WTC700 at Le Sarthe in order to get at least 550,000 Cr. so that I could buy the last remaining Ford GT I needed for the Menu Book, which earned me a 6* ticket, and it paid out 500,000 Cr. I then used the 500,000 Cr. to buy the Mustang in the LCD (for exactly 500,000 Cr.), unwittingly completing the Carroll Shelby collection and netted me another 6* ticket - which paid out another 500,000 Cr. :lol: I quite like this cycle, but alas I don't have many collections still to complete.

-

In other news, I was very tired last night so I set about getting my Daily Marathon ticket as quickly as possible, by taking out the SRT Tomahawk at SSRX. It didn't go very well...

I actually binned it at virtually the same spot on the previous lap, but it didn't end badly at all...

Last edited:
Today's 6 am run >

@sport mode > Set a time in the Interlagos TT, to be improved to bronze within the next couple of days, hopefully. Couldn't improve Alsace TT to silver, I think I'll gave up on this and Michelin, bronze is good. Might try the Honda event again only because I love the ring, unfortunately I can't drive fast AND safe there, only one of the two :boggled:

@single player > Cleared both Alsace and Sardegna Clubman Cup 600 with my M3 '03. P2 in both races with Clean Race Bonus first try. Might sound nonsensical but since I watched Fassbender's Road to Lemans (recommended: later seasons are even better) I noticed a huge change in my driving style when it comes to dealing with traffic and overtakes, I became much more aware and dealing with the bots became way less enfuriating. That also cleared the Alfa Romeo menu, so circuit experience and European Championship are next.

I opened 4 tickets (incl. a 4-star) for a grand total of 50k :irked:

After taking the week off trying to heal a bad knuckle, I came back in. On the GTP account, I took my 250,000 Cr. for the Lambo time trial bronze, saw my Road Atlanta time go to bronze and my Nurburgring time get within a few thousandths of dropping to bronze, and decided instead to try my luck at Interlagos with a rented mule. After too many llaps, I got a marginal silver time of just over 1:38.1.

Naturally, I was greeted with a 3-star Wheel of Despair. Naturally, it puked out the lowest-possible 5,000 Cr. To get some actual credits, I ground Sardegna with my go-to Lexus SC430 GT500.

On the Plus account, I bought the McLaren MP4/4 as I had enough money to get it and the 2 cars cheaper. That completed my last extra menu book (Honda Race Cars), which gave me a second 2019 SF19 Honda for tuning purposes. For the cash, I took the 2008 Nissan GT-R GT500 to Sardegna. That got me a 4-star Wheel of Semi-Despair, which, while dispensing the low-showing cash prize, was only the 2nd-lowest-possible at 30,000 Cr.

On the GTP account, the Manufacturers' Cup wasn't good. I had door number 6 in my 2 pm Central slot, but no speed, so I decided to qualify on hard tires. I was last in 15th (the other Corvette dropped out), and still had no speed when the race started. Thanks to one person deciding to stay out of everybody's way and some bad driving by some of the drivers ahead, I eventually ended up finishing 10th on my 5-RH/9-RS strategy (and not knowing where I lost the CRB), good for a series-high 22 points (which dropped my first-round 9), and a 3-star Wheel of Despair worth the low-showing 10,000 Cr. on an all-cash wheel.

As I have that rental Corvette another couple weeks, I ground Sarthe with it. I found soft tires barely last 3 laps on the Vette (and fuel becomes an issue on a 3-lap run), and medium tires wouldn't last 7. If I could be bothered to tune the Vette for Sarthe (not really necessary), I probably would use medium tires.

On the Plus account, I took the Bugatti Veyron Gr.4 to a sopping-wet Sarthe. Despite the rain being so hard, I took full-wet tires on lap 2, I still had to do 7 laps as a few other cars took rain tires then as well, and the rain stopped on lap 4. The 4-star Wheel of Despair puked out some nitrous.

had a few races on Daily Race B. I ranked up to DR C, and I think they are the 3 dirtiest races I’ve been involved in. All issues from Aussie drivers. Very annoying as in one race I was fighting for 4th from 11th on the grid, only to be spun out on the 5th of 6 laps.

Retuned some Group C cars, (thanks to Turbodatsun for the motivation). Ran Sardegna with the Jag, Nissan, and Mazda. Got 10k from the wheel.

This weekend's 6am runs >

@sport mode > Did nothing but collect the 250k from the Michelin thing this morning. Interlagos TT is next.

@single player > I did a lot, actually: Circuit experience at Dragon Trail (menu 24) then European Championship (menu 25) then Ford collection (menu 26) then Chev collection (menu 27) and then put a wide body on my Ford GT (menu 28). That gave me some cars, trophies, tickets, credits and circuits (Interlagos!). Next is Panamerican Champ but I'm in no hurry.

I got plenty of tickets, got the absolute worse from all of them... Minimum credits, some parts I have no use for and two cars I already own :irked:

Yesterday I tried a TT in Sport Mode for the first time and realized that I suck a lot more at this game than I thought😕
While it seems that the Alsace TT is one of the easiest TTs and everyone and their dog gets gold there on first try, I couldn't even manage to get silver. Got stuck at 49.322 and just couldn't improve the time although I did about 20 more laps and tried different cars.
Guess I will retire from the game. I hate not being good at the things I do and I would be reminded of my failure every single time I boot up the game.
Doing bad > feeling bad🙁

Yesterday I tried a TT in Sport Mode for the first time and realized that I suck a lot more at this game than I thought😕
While it seems that the Alsace TT is one of the easiest TTs and everyone and their dog gets gold there on first try, I couldn't even manage to get silver. Got stuck at 49.322 and just couldn't improve the time although I did about 20 more laps and tried different cars.
Guess I will retire from the game. I hate not being good at the things I do and I would be reminded of my failure every single time I boot up the game.
Doing bad > feeling bad🙁
Took me lots of practice. I'm sure you will get it eventually. Have a look at TCR Tidgney's guide if you need help.

Latest Posts

Back