What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 13,057 comments
Today I tried out the online time trial featuring the Lamborghini VGT at St. Croix. I'd say it's fun learning how to handle it, and I'm about six-tenths away from silver range at the moment.

Did Le Mans twice in my 917 Living Legend - this might become my new favourite grinding drive. It’s extremely fuel efficient (no need to go faster than FM 3-4) and on a dry day, you can do all seven laps with one set of hard racing tyres. I still need to find out if I can push it down to only one refuelling pit stop with FM5.
That earned me enough credits to buy the vintage Spyder from Hagerty, which completed that Porsche midship menu book. Reward: Another engine that I’m never going to use… yay.
The roulette actually gave me 30k today, which is a fresh breeze after what felt like weeks of 5k or 10k “rewards”.
Since I drove just before and after midnight, I got the next day’s marathon roulette too, which gave me an invite for that fancy Lambo. Well, since I was in car dealer mood, I sold a bunch of other cars and got the Lambo straight away.
Then, just for the hell of it, it took my engine swapped Cayman onto time trial on Special Stage Route X to see how fast I could push it. Got 478 km/h out of it. Imagine that on German autobahn… 😂

Did Le Mans twice in my 917 Living Legend - this might become my new favourite grinding drive. It’s extremely fuel efficient (no need to go faster than FM 3-4) and on a dry day, you can do all seven laps with one set of hard racing tyres. I still need to find out if I can push it down to only one refuelling pit stop with FM5.
That earned me enough credits to buy the vintage Spyder from Hagerty, which completed that Porsche midship menu book. Reward: Another engine that I’m never going to use… yay.
The roulette actually gave me 30k today, which is a fresh breeze after what felt like weeks of 5k or 10k “rewards”.
Since I drove just before and after midnight, I got the next day’s marathon roulette too, which gave me an invite for that fancy Lambo. Well, since I was in car dealer mood, I sold a bunch of other cars and got the Lambo straight away.
Then, just for the hell of it, it took my engine swapped Cayman onto time trial on Special Stage Route X to see how fast I could push it. Got 478 km/h out of it. Imagine that on German autobahn… 😂
The 917 LL is able to do alot.;)

On the GTP account, I collected my 250,000 Cr. for the expired time trial, then turned too many laps at Alsace in a rental Chevrolet Corvette Gr.4, getting a marginal provisional bronze time. I did some more testing for both the Nations Cup (I'm sticking with the Hyundai as a low-but-not-minimum downforce tune seems to work best) and the Manufacturers Cup (I can get 9 laps on fuel at a 2:00-2:01 pace on softs, while losing a bit under 2 seconds/lap on hards).

The 4-star Wheel of Despair gave the lowest-possible 10,000 Cr., so I hit Sardegna with the Lamborghini Huracan GT3 for the cash.

On the Plus account, I kept the Italian theme by using the Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 to grind Sardegna. The 4-star Wheel of Despair was the usual 10,000 Cr.

Again only had ~20 mins but it was enough to 6% the Alsace TT with the new Mazda Gr.4. Might try to improve it as well as my time at the Michelin TT that dropped to 9%.

I forgot to open my 4-star ticket. Maybe for the best.

Last edited:
Haven't played the PS5 for over a week so last night I finally got to play and I did the time trial at Road Atlanta. Right now I'm at 1:27 and some change which is about six seconds off if bronze so I'm not sure if I'm going to go back and try for bronze. I only really did it some I could get the Michelin livery on the 918. After finished with the time trial. I took the 300SL and the Living Legend to Road Atlanta for some hot lapping. Then I took the Stealth RX7 Vision to Laguna Secador a few laps. I didn't get my daily ticket for some odd reason so I opened the 2 tickets I had got 10k & 30k from 3 & 4 ⭐ 🎟️

kjb
Haven't played the PS5 for over a week so last night I finally got to play and I did the time trial at Road Atlanta. Right now I'm at 1:27 and some change which is about six seconds off if bronze so I'm not sure if I'm going to go back and try for bronze. I only really did it some I could get the Michelin livery on the 918. After finished with the time trial. I took the 300SL and the Living Legend to Road Atlanta for some hot lapping. Then I took the Stealth RX7 Vision to Laguna Secador a few laps. I didn't get my daily ticket for some odd reason so I opened the 2 tickets I had got 10k & 30k from 3 & 4 ⭐ 🎟️
I think you should revisit Road Atlanta. It's a technical track that requires a lot of practice but once you get the flow it's pretty nice.

I think you might have bigger issues. Have you checked the tires you've equipped on the car? The time trial allows SS, IM, and W tires. Obviously the only ones that are competitive are the SS tires. Six seconds off the pace is a huge amount of time so I'm assuming you're running the wrong tires.

I think you should revisit Road Atlanta. It's a technical track that requires a lot of practice but once you get the flow it's pretty nice.

I think you might have bigger issues. Have you checked the tires you've equipped on the car? The time trial allows SS, IM, and W tires. Obviously the only ones that are competitive are the SS tires. Six seconds off the pace is a huge amount of time so I'm assuming you're running the wrong tires.
I didn't check the tires. If I have time I will probably go back. I think I can knock off some more time. I have been going really slow through some of the turns and especially the chicanes. I think go through them a wee bit faster

Four days in a row i was searching for dry weather at la sarthe to find out if i was able to do 8 laps with RB junior.
Didn't make but at least when it was dry I was chasing the best lap to see if i could make it.
Using RS tyres , one stop and dealing with the aero i was trying to get as close under or around 4.10 laps.
Yesterday i was close but some errors , penalties and finally light rain didn't allow me to see how close i was.
I decided to do and a second race lowering a bit more the rear aero and hoping for faultless laps and dry weather .
Finally i did it, i put RB junior in the 8 laps club.

Last night I was back at the 918 time trial trying to take some time off the 1:27 got the previous night. I checked and I was on RS tires. I was able to 1:21:00 to qualify for bronze. It took a few laps because I kept going wide on the last turn near the finish line.
After that I went and spent up most of my credits on the GTO and the Plymouth Roadrunner ( cant remember the correct name) git 2 of them and dropped the Hellcat engine in one. That left me with 660K Cr so I solidified my Lo Cash Driver status. Got 5k springs for something from a ⭐⭐⭐⭐🎟️

On the GTP account, I did a few warm-up laps at Sarthe in the Porsche 962C to get a 4-star Wheel of Despair worthless semi-racing muffler. Despite the reports of a dry track, I stuck with the Hyundai for the GT3 race.

That race write-up is over in the GTWS thread. I started 3rd, finished 3rd, and should have done better both in qualifying and the race. For cash, I stuck with the Hyundai at Sarthe theme, grabbing rain tires for the Genesis Gr.4, but not really needing them.

On the Plus account, I ground a damp Sarthe with the elder Nissan GT-R GT3. The 4-star Wheel of Despair spat out some nitrous.

Played with my new toy
20231022_140639.jpg
20231022_140701.jpg

Looked at my nations cup points screen... as if getting booted by "data loss" in P1 yesterday wasn't bad enough, my P4 in the earlier race didn't seem to have counted either. It shows me getting ZERO points this round. What a joke.

After bots rammed me, I was ramming bots😁

Also tried some custom races on Nordschleife with rain just to see how it looks. Rather disappointing at daytime, but looked pretty nice at night!
Thank you for posting this! I had a few moments too the last weeks, where I got so annoyed with the “AI” (sometimes I doubt the intelligence part…) crashing into my back that I wasted races just chasing after them and ramming them off tracks to get some steam off… 😬🙈

I swear that I must've driven over 90 miles until I finally got into silver range for the online time trial featuring the Lamborghini VGT at St. Croix - must've been one of the hardest online time trials I've entered. On the other hand, I immediately tried out the new Michelin-themed time trial with the 918, and found it much easier to get silver. I think I'm almost exactly a whole second off gold range, too, and I feel certain that I can improve on how I take that first right-hander. I suppose I could at least improve my time until I get more comfortably into silver range.

EDIT: What's also interesting is that it sort of feels like the car is barely holding onto the road as I go through that turn after the chicane but before the start/finish line, whereas I never had such issue when I did the Gr.1 time trial at that same venue. Of course, even though the 918 is a supercar, I think this is because it's still a road car, and as such it only has so much downforce when compared to a car from LMP1/LMH/LMDh. Meanwhile, there's no doubt that the 919 that I used for that previous time trial has tons more downforce.

Last edited:
Ran out of gas for the first time (got the trophy) and still won the race🙂

BTW: I'm a bit confused about tire wear. The race I did was the 700 at Deep Forest. Tire wear was 10x (or even 12x?). I used RM tires and after 10 laps there was just a little bit of red on the indicator? Looks like I could have driven at least 20 more laps. Is that how it's supposed to be?

I did the Spa 24h (grind) race twice today, once with the controller and once with the wheel.

Both were good fun, but the first one (controller) turned into more of a race than I bargained for.

As it's a grind race (but also my favourite race in the game), I pick a car that I know I will win with if I need the Cr., and given that I am saving for a car in the LCD, I need to win about 7 million Cr. quickly.

I ended up getting the tyre choice horribly wrong, and ended up pitting 5 times. I also lost the car completely as it started to rain heavily and I was on slicks and only half way around the lap, which cost me a tonne of time and a 5s penalty thrown in to rub salt into the wound :ouch:

I was in 3rd with the wrong tyres on and only 12 mins left, so it wasn't looking good. I pit for Inters and concentrated hard, and hoped that the AI would do it's usual and pit in the last 5 mins of the race, which it did (BOTH cars in front of me, in fact!)

However, by this point the rain had stopped again and I was on wearing Inters on a dry track, so I needed to seek out every last bit of dampness on the track to avoid my tyres going completely, and the AI was gaining on me in the last lap. But I held on for the win.

Second race was a cake-walk, and I also beat my controller lap record in the previous race too.

-

I got a 6* ticket for the Daily Marathon, and I was very happy with that until I noticed it was for Parts :ouch: A Bore Up worth 33,000 Cr.. :( :(

Last edited:
Sorry for asking but ..... What bots are ?

Damn am becoming so old that i loose the contact with the reality ?
Bots derives from Robots i believe. When a computer does not have a physical "thing" anymore. Though its been bastardised a lot so can refer to different things now than it did originally.

Today I tried out the online time trial featuring the Lamborghini VGT at St. Croix. I'd say it's fun learning how to handle it, and I'm about six-tenths away from silver range at the moment.
Me, I tried to do menu racing but it's glitched , when I push start it sends me back to GT home screen . Wtf is going on .

Ran a few races with my Geezer friends.
One of them was the EK Civic Touring car on the Nordschleife.
That was fun enough I saved the replay to get a picture from it to make a poster for a lobby I'll host on Thursday.
Screenshot 2023-10-22 at 18-21-52 Your paragraph text.png

Bought the 💩 colored Super Bee and cried when I found out I missed out on more cool LCD cars. :lol:

Last edited:
I injured one of my shifting fingers today so rather than try to race competitively with something that looks like a plump purple grape, I decided to work on my last gold for my licenses.

I finally completed it so I’ve now 🏆 all my licenses.
IMG_7462.jpeg

In my pursuit of the platinum trophy I’m now only two away. I need 8 more photos for the 100 photo one (so tomorrow probably) and I need to win 10 dirt races. Should be doable. 😁

Last edited:
Today's 6 am run >

@single player > Cleared the BMW race at the Nürburgring which gave me a nice M3, a 3-star ticket and access to the Alfa Romeo menu.

@sport mode > Improved Alsace TT by 0.2s but I need an extra 0.9s to be in silver. I also wanted to improve at the Michelin TT but didn't have the time.

Latest Posts

Back