What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 12,956 comments
Since the new money glitch at Daytona will end soon ( the latest till new update i guess) i spend my time on it yo buy some expensive swaps since i didn't have any of them .
Usually i don't use swapped cars except very few cases that are proved worthy and drivable to race with .
Low cost swaps isn't an issue but at prices like those at 1.6 & 1.75 millions isn't cheap or a bargain so i grab few of them for future use if i want to try them.
For a little variety i did 4 of the 5 weekly races with only one left ,the last one .
Hope LCD bring some of the cars i want to duplicate
before this ends and return to the usual griding races.
So ill play it as he last .

Tried the Daytona glitch, but with my swapped Cappucino, don't want to bother with the Abarth and all the time and cost needed to set it up to the task.

Got some good money from a 20 laps try, not CRB but nearly 600k, not so bad for ~15min of easy racing (who said boring ? 😅 ) not sure why I lost the CRB, I think I did not touched any Tomahawks. Many walls yes, but it seems that this does not impact CRB. Maybe when I did a 360 and ended up on the inside of the track...

Got a 3* for the DM, resulting in a lame 10k.

One Daytona race again and I'll be able to snatch the 400R 🤞got to get the CRB this time.

i broke my abarth😬
IMG_6363.jpeg

Knocked-out the weekly race stuff and picked-up:
  • 6* (Parts) Ticket: Stage V weight reduction for the Jag F-Type R
  • Cash Ticket: 200K
  • 6* (Car) Ticket: BMW VGT
Managed to score two 100K 3* tickets off the wheel-o-doom so was a good day overall! Ruined that streak by running a couple Daily B races...that'll take the shine off ANY day.🤣

:cheers:

I categorically deny using the Daytona glitch twice this evening already.

I also categorically deny that I may use it again after teatime.

-

I also got the 6* ticket (Parts) for completing the first weekly challenge...

Throw Away Human Resources GIF by Kid-A-Loo

-

I also got a 6* ticket (Engine) for completing the classic Porsche Menu Book, which gave me a 2nd Hellcat Charger engine in a row...

Throw Away Human Resources GIF by Kid-A-Loo

Last edited:
I did the WTC900 races in a stock Honda NSX GT500 '16 with RS tyres (and Inters), and I really enjoyed all three races. I could only get 3rd at Fuji, but won the other two (albeit Suzuka at the second time of asking, due to a stupid spin on the last lap :ouch: )

This is the closest thing to having a Super GT series back in Gran Turismo - however, I don't wish to sound greedy or ungrateful, but if only it was done just a bit more realistically, it could be fantastic.

An 8-race Championship series predominately at Japanese tracks would be easy to do - almost everything required for that is already in the game, so why limit it to a 3-race Menu book? And/or a 1hr WTC900 race (or better still, race series/championship) would be amazing - indeed, I can't see why there isn't a high payout 1hr race for all WTC classes in the game already.

I guess there are legal/licensing issues that prevent PD from implementing (or mimicking) a full Super GT-style 'mode'/event to the game, but my view is that both PD and Super GT would hugely benefit from such a thing.
I’m still holding out hope that the latest gt500 cars will make an appearance at some point. Would love sugo and/or motegi to make it into the game too.

Wtc900 championship would make sense but the ability to make our own championships would be the dream

On the GTP account, I grabbed 1,000,000 Cr. for the Interlagos time trial, then tried my luck in Tokyo. 1:25.4 isn't going to cut it for silver, and even my ideal lap would have been short. My internet connection got wonky while trying the Lake Louise time trial, though the time I set after reconnecting (1:51.4, not nearly good enough for silver) was my best.

Before taking on the new weekly challenges, I took my 4-star Wheel of Despair. It gave the usual lowest-possible 10,000 Cr. As I didn't have a lot of viable candidates for the Sunday Classic Cup, and the front two were in Alfa Romeo Giulias, I used the one I had for a WRS time trial, setting it back to stock tune. It took 2 tries to best Gallo in the lead Giulia, with the resulting parts Wheel of Despair puking out a carbon brake kit for the Porsche Taycan. At least I didn't already have either it or racing brakes installed, so I threw it on my tuning car.

I eventually remembered I used the Mitsubishi GTO for the previous Japanese 4WD races on the GTP account, or at least it had a dirt tune and tires, so I bought some snow tires and went to town at the Lake Louise Japanese 4WD Challenge. Thanks to the fluky connection, my first run didn't count, but the 588-PP tarmac tune turned out to be too powerful.

It took the newer Ford GT to clear the American Clubman Cup at Laguna Seca again, even though the only new things were drivers, one of whom is chatty in the pre-race screen. That got me the 200,000-Cr. ticket.

For the Porsche Cup re-run at Nurburgring, I grabbed the 2009 911 GT3 I used before. It was a good thing I didn't use the Cayman Clubsport - I forgot this is a rain race. The new cars in my race were the 959 and Carrera GTS.

Also a rain race, at least early, was the WTC 800 re-run at Fuji. As I had rain tires, I grabbed the Lamborghini Huracan GT3, put on full-wet tires, and attempted a no-stop race on FM 4. The rain ended early, and as the track dried and quickened, I ended up stopping on lap 8 for hard tires and fuel. Naturally, I got the cheapest car on the car Wheel of Despair, the Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren.

On the Plus account, it was all re-runs as I had done the Lake Louise Japanesae 4WD Challenge. I took a true classic, the 1956 Porsche 356 A/1500 GS Carrera, to Lake Maggiore, and as it is overpowered compared to the competition, it was an easy win. The parts ticket gave some titanium rods/pistons for the Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm.

Once again, I sent the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IV to Lake Louise, then took a slightly-modified Corvette C6 ZR1 (a couple engine parts to bring it up to 616 PP) to Laguna Seca. The second 3-star Wheel of Despair of 9 this month (and 6th of 18 between the two accounts) puked out the lowest-possible 5,000 Cr., though I also got the 200,000-Cr. ticket for completing my 3rd Weekly Challenge race.

It took too many tries to get the 2009 Porsche 911 GT3 to a win at a drenched-from-the-start Nurburgring Porsche Cup, but I did see the newest GT3 RS in there.

For the last race of the Weekly Challenge, the WTC800 at Fuji, I didn't mess around. I bought rain tires for the Lexus SC430 GT500, put on full wets, and ran away. The car ticket wasn't exactly a Wheel of Despair, giving a Bugatti Chiron.

Finished the weekily challenges, got a Hyundai N 2025 VGT :
Gran Turismo™ 7_20231111142044.jpg

Not sure if it is a different car from the one I already have. I would like to sell it, but don't want to find out that I need it later on for a café menu or else.

Any opinion ?

Got a 4* for the DM which netted me the low 30k that was on the upper left corner of the wheel when it stopped turning, as always (99% of time this is the spot where the wheel lands).

I will surely do a bit of Daytona to get some Cr. Not fun but...

Finished the weekily challenges, got a Hyundai N 2025 VGT : View attachment 1302746

Not sure if it is a different car from the one I already have. I would like to sell it, but don't want to find out that I need it later on for a café menu or else.

Any opinion ?

Got a 4* for the DM which netted me the low 30k that was on the upper left corner of the wheel when it stopped turning, as always (99% of time this is the spot where the wheel lands).

Currently not part of any Cafe menu. But they are different cars. I haven't driven either car, so I can't give an opinion about if they're any good. If you need the credits and don't mind not having a version of the car, probably would get some good credits if you decide to sell.

Currently not part of any Cafe menu. But they are different cars. I haven't driven either car, so I can't give an opinion about if they're any good. If you need the credits and don't mind not having a version of the car, probably would get some good credits if you decide to sell.
Thanks for your input. As GT7 is very picky on cars when there is a new menu, I'll keep them both in the garage.
For example, for the ticket with all Redbul X, I have the 2019 competition BUT it is the 25th anniversary one, not the "standard" one so it does not count.

I'll get my credits by grinding a bit.

Finished the weekily challenges, got a Hyundai N 2025 VGT : View attachment 1302746

Any opinion ?

In the GTWS, the semi-BOP'ed Gr.1 (with some tuning allowed) just about kept up with the Group C cars on the straight at Sarthe, and otherwise outperformed them. Had it rained, it would have been the meta car. I don't know about the non-BOP'ed Gr.1 or the straight VGT.

Eventually, every car will be part of an Extra Menu collection (assuming GT8 doesn't show up in the next few years), but given we're "only" at Extra Menu 33, they're added at an average of 2 per update (or 6 cars), and the average update adds 3 cars, the odds of that being part of an Extra Menu soon is small.

On the GTP account, my 10 am CST run at Catalunya didn't go fast. I qualified on hard tires, in 15th. I kept my nose clean, and was still 15th when I pitted on lap 5 for medium tires. As others pitted, I gained a few more spots, finishing a clean 9th, 5 spots worse than my door number. That's also the number of net points I gained, so as long as no good drivers from my area come in, I should have a couple million credits waiting for me tomorrow.

The all-cash 4-star Wheel of Despair gave the 2nd-low-showing/lowest-legal 30,000 Cr. (low-showing was 5,000 Cr.). As my back and finger are bothering me, I might get to the Plus account later.

Finally bought the XJ-13

Now only 2 trophies missing :

• finish 50 race in sport mode (done some already not sure how much, it will be relatively easy, just a bit long)
  • gold all licenses (that one might be never achievable, for me)

Completed the weekly challenges. Had a little difficulty tackling Fuji WTC800 with the 911 RSR on Hard. Intermediates just detoriate too rapidly near the end of the race. After 3 attempts switched to Normal and came finally came first. Good fun, really enjoyed racing in the rain.

Cashed in the 6 star car ticket and was rewarded with a 3 million Valkyrie - very pleased!

Last edited:
On the Plus account, I fitted some SS tires and ballast (100 kg, -5 position to get under the 720 PP limit) to the Bugatti Chiron I won on Thursday, and headed to Route X for the Clubman Cup Plus event there. 4:23 and 20.3 miles later, I was 52,500 Cr. richer thanks to a clean win in 8.8 seconds. I would have been in trouble had it been a 2-lap race; I was the only one to go through more than a half tank of fuel.

As I didn't yet have the mileage, I decided to try the Watkins Glen Clubman Cup Plus. First, the BMW M4 with RS tires failed. I then tried the Toyota S-FR Racing Concept and ended up throwing far more tuning parts at it than the 70,000 Cr. for a non-clean 1st place (0.1-second win, 8:12).

Of course I got the third 3-star Wheel of Despair (of 10, and 7th of 20) this month. About the only things that could have been worse than the low-showing 10,000 Cr. I got would have been the lowest-possible 5,000 Cr. (which I got the first 2 times) or a worthless tuning part.

Latest Posts

Back