What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 12,371 comments
First, I did the Japanese Clubman Cup 550 round that's part of the current Weekly Challenges, using my swapped Honda S800! Fun little thing, for sure, even if the engine noise can be quite annoying at times. Then I did the World Rally Challenge round at Sardegna - Windmills using the Hyundai Genesis Gr.B Rally Car, and got a non-clean P1. I plan to do the remaining three races tomorrow, or at least the Special Event featuring the Lamborghini Urus.

I wrapped up my daily workout by trying out the newer online time trial at Spa-Francorchamps that features all of Gr.3, and decided to try out the Renault R.S.01 GT3. Interestingly, unlike any other Gr.3 car that I know, the R.S.01 GT3 has seven gears! I got a time that was 2.96% off the top, so hopefully it'll stick - though I think I could do a little better in at least one sector. Got a three-star ticket that netted me 10k credits, but I truly don't mind.

Oh, and I also bought myself the TVR Tuscan Speed 6 that's in the UCD, now that it finally appeared in Reflex Spice! I already had one in a pearlescent blue/purple, so I'm planning to take this second car and swap the engine. Plus I got that low-mileage Volkswagen Beetle that was there, too.

Last edited:
I finally won the World GT Series championship with the '97 Castrol Supra and completed all the base menu books. Now I get to sell cars and do weekly challenges.

Too bad that Ferrari F50 is gone from Legend Cars again...guess I'll save up for when it reappears.

Last edited:
Today was nice chilled gaming sesh on GT7!!
  • I decided to avoid all sport races today, they all kinda boring and PD dropped it, the ball that is!
  • Went onto the LCD and bought a nice grey Toyota 2000GT for 922k creds, lovely car, supreme classic.
  • Did some modding to it, tuned it to 302hp and 938kg and whipped it around Tsukuba. Added nice levery.
  • Did the first 3 races, had fun on the Rally race, almost went up and over in my GR86 rally car. Thta is what the Daily race shudda have been, not that b***x with the Volvo road cars come on.
  • Then headed over to Sport mode and run some laps at SPA in my Audi R8 GT Gr.3 race car and sped up my time. Still silver but good!
  • Then went to the lobby mode and tried out a Trial mountian 5 lap battle race.
  • Very good started 3rd, battled well and finsihed 3rd and got aclean race bonus, so cool yes!

Overall a nice race session and onto more tomorrow!

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240622192703.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240622193238.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240622194548.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240622201141.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240622195753.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240622204938.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240622205156.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240622205334.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240622210449.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240622211802.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240622212348.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240622211603.jpg

Last edited:
2nd post, sorry. Went to a mates this afternoon. Played some split screen races on GT7. Three of us so did a winner stays on type thing, new player picks the track.

It seems really different on split screen, maybe it's the two engine noises clashing or something. Found it genuinely quite tricky compared to at home!

Still, a blast from the past playing split screen, such a great option to have. Thanks, PD.

On the GTP account, I went through the Weekly Challenges in a "fair-play" way:
  • Fuji Japanese Clubman Cup in a damp 6:10 with a stock 2007 Nissan Fairlady Z
  • Sardegna World Rally Challenge in 6:45 with a stock (other than the required dirt tires) Ford Focus Gr.B
  • Tokyo Special Event in 9:06 with a Lamborghini Urus on Sport Soft tires after many resets because the Urus is a pig
  • Deep Forest VGT in an unclean 10:06 with a stock Lexus LF-LC GT VGT...after too many resets, a couple of which were a result of the front-running Jag crashing into the tire wall between the last 2 corners and taking me out
  • Dragon Trail WTC 700 in 17:37 with a stock Chevrolet Corvette Gr.4
The...you guessed it...3-star Wheel of Despair gave...you got it...the low-showing/lowest-possible 5,000 Cr. In part because of the horrible racing and in part because of incoming weather, I didn't do a Plus run.

All in my new AMG VGT car

5 lap race on Fuji for a 3rd place finish
2 lap race on Nurburgring for a win
3lap race on Suzuka for a win
The 3 race 700pp touring car championship for 3 race wins and the overall win

About 200ish miles of time trials and settings adjustment on Lago Maggiore

Total of 335.2 miles today

It's been a week without GT7 for a couple of reasons but dropped on this morning, four laps at Spa in a BMW M6 gr3 car two laps ruined where I breeched white lines two laps that are good enough for Bronze times only.
Did the Japanese cup weekly in a 787swaped RX8, blasting down the main straight at 180mph gives some significant advantage over the opposition.
Took a hot Urus round Tokyo, the boosted horse power gives it a good speed boost on the long straight bits
Took said hot Urus to Sardinia windmills where I finished in third place airborne and pirouetting on the bonnet of the car that genuinely should have come third possibly some of the worst invisible barrier placement in the game.
3* ticket =30k
300k for doing the 3 events plus 250k for the Mac F1 time trial.
Bought a TVR Tuscan as that gold flip paint just is so right on that car.

Sold a couple duplicate cars.

Bought another Lexus RCF GT3 - found a Team Akkodis LeMans livery

I have a de-tuned Audi R18 TDI that i can use for 700pp races. Took that to LeMans and won. The car has no speed but the downforce in the corners makes up for it. I was P7 coming to the end of lap 6 and had about two minutes left. Top six cars all boxed and held on for the win by about 8 seconds. Ran fuel map 4 and lucked out with only light rain so I only had to do one stop for fuel only.

I can't wait for the new power supply for the T-GT II to show up, so on the GTP account, I abused the "new" T128 around Catalunya in a rented AMG GT R for a marginal-silver time of just under 1:54.8 and around Spa in a rented Chevrolet Corvette Gr.3 in just under 2:23 (another marginal silver). The 4-star Wheel of Despair gave the low-showing/lowest-possible 10,000 Cr.

On the Plus account, I overpowered (or at least tried to) the Weekly Challenges:
  • A soggy Fuji Japanese Clubman Cup in 5:57 with a stock Lexus LFA
  • Sardegna WRC in 6:49 with a slightly-tuned Ford Focus Gr.B (after the usual dirt follies restarts)
  • Tokyo Special Event in 9:16 with a stock Lamborghini Urus
  • Deep Forest VGT in 9:53 with a stock Audi e-tron VGT
  • Dragon Trail WTC 700 in an "unclean" 17:46 with a stock BMW M3 GT, and enough rain midway through that I put on intermediate tires for a couple laps
The Wheel of Despair was...you guessed it...the third 3-star in a row for...a change...the low-showing 10,000 Cr.

Got a Gr. 3 NSX from a 4* (yay!), did Le Mans in the mostly rain in my GT500 Supra and won by 1:30 (was a bit boring) and bought a second 930 Turbo and slapped a wide body kit and some BBS wheels on it.

Remembered a Harry’s Garage video of his 930 Turbo S and might recreate the engine mods in GT. So far I only did stage 3 weight reduction and it didn’t help the drive ability. Needs some suspension now for sure.

-Did the 550PP Clubman Cup race on Fuji in the Lexus LF-A
-Did the WTC700 race on Dragon Trail Gardens in the Huracan Group 4
-Did the World Rally Challenge event in my tuned Celica GT-Four
-Drove the X2014 around the Nurburgring
-Drove the Ferrari 500 Mondial around Dragon Trail Seaside
-Tuned my C3 Corvette and drove it around the High Speed Ring

I finished up the WC. bought a 2000GT, another Tuscan and S600 or whatever it is. After that I took the Honda 65 F1 to LeMans. Ran FM1 on RM for three laps. On the third lap the monsoon came through halfway through the lap so it was a struggle to get to the pits. I ended up in 8th after coming out on wets. It seems like now even in the midst of torrential downpours there is an AI that drive in the rain like a master without rain tires 🤣 . Anyway by lap 5 I had worked my to 3rd place and I couldn't make up any time on the top 2. I just tried to make sure I didn't make any mistakes and hoped they would pit which they did. I got in 1st and since it was still raining I took my time and finished the 6th lap to win the race. From the last few days I got 4, 5, & 6 ⭐ 🎫s. Got 10k cr, 100k, cr & a BRZ drift engine

Banged my head against the Tokyo East Clockwise Circuit Experience for a couple hours and I'm honestly not sure it's even worth it. Sector 2 demands literal perfection, it's insane.

It's not all bad news, because last night I finally figured out the right tuning to win that Special Stage Route X race in a Pagani Huayra. I guess I also got lucky with the other cars being timid, but hey, a win's a win.

Also sold one of like 10 duplicate classic Mini Coopers I have; they're going like hotcakes right now.

Last edited:
I brought a tank to a Gr.B fight. Brilliant car 😁

The Volvo 240 was a capable rally car in real life, so if anything it's realism at work.

As for me, I crept closer to gold on the S-4 test...by like 20 milliseconds. Then I won the third drag race mission with that insane Dodge Tomahawk VGT car, and then I dumped a bunch of credits into modding a Viper to win it the "proper" way, which I'll try later.

Hit one million credits on a six star ticket so I was at the credit limit again. Broke down and bought both the Peugeot L750R Hybrid and the VGT to complete the brand collection.

I'm about to lose it on these lap time challenges. I've already thrown my controller out the window once today. I ran a 1:56 at Catalunya so I'm resigned to getting a bronze there.

Spa LTC has most people running the Audi so I've managed a 2:25. I've watched Tigney's videos a bunch and i have the braking points down, but i almost always seem to hit the markers at Les Combs ( T7 ) or Campus ( T 13 / 14 ) and its driving me nuts.
I play controller and my sensitivity level is a "3" and both triggers are set to "hard". Either I turn in too early and hit the markers or too late and over shoot the corner.

Does anyone else that plays controller have different settings ?

Last edited:
Today I...

Started to grind Sardegna again but with my beloved p1 gtr using a tune by praiano63 and I must say it feels great the cornering and handling the braking great tune by praiano63.👍

Late last night I continued to tune my Buttkicker and felt good enough (set for traction loss) that I went into the Missions and upgraded from silver to gold for the first drift mission. I plan on doing it again.

took the XJR 9 for another go at RBR race of the neo classical menu book race and this time I’ve won by 3 seconds on RHs and FM1. The fuel lasted exactly for 10.1 laps 😊

I actually completed a few "career mode" events:
-Sunday Cup Classic on Tsukuba in my Renault 4
-Japanese FF Challenge on Autopolis in the Integra Type R that I bought from the used car dealer
-European Clubman Cup on Suzuka in my Porsche 911 GT3 RS '22
-European Clubman Cup on Monza in my Mercedes AMG GT Black Series
-European Sunday Cup on Kyoto in my Renault 4
-American Clubman Cup on High Speed Ring in my Dodge Viper SRT-10 '06
-WTC800 on the High Speed Ring in the Toyota TS020
-Schwarzwald League on the High Speed Ring in my Porsche 918
-Hypercar Parade on Dragon Trail Gardens and Red Bull Ring in my Porsche 918

Last edited:
I took the Castrol Supra to LeMans. It was an interesting race the "rain" came through in lap 2 but it was not heavy at all. I didn't have to pit until I ran out of gas at the end of lap 5. The rain started back when I was in the pits and I was hoping that I made the right tire choice as I went with RH. Fortunately for me I did make the right choice and won very easily. Got 10k cr from a 4 ⭐ 🎫 . I bought a car from UCD and drove the Valkyrie a bit

Back