What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 12,684 comments
Finally back online from Hurricane Beryl. Lost power early Monday morning and finally got it back late Thursday night.

getting the account squared up. i'll post some pictures in off topic later today.

Hurricane hit Houston pretty much head on as a Cat 1 storm. Winds at landfall were 82 mph / 130 kph.
Glad to hear you're alright!

Finally back online from Hurricane Beryl. Lost power early Monday morning and finally got it back late Thursday night.

getting the account squared up. i'll post some pictures in off topic later today.

Hurricane hit Houston pretty much head on as a Cat 1 storm. Winds at landfall were 82 mph / 130 kph.
Welcome back, I remember when we got hit by Hurricane Katrina back in 2005, we lost power for 2 weeks.

Today turned out to be a very productive session in GT7.
Aside from improving my TT time on the FUJI Super formula time attack!

• SOooo, I did some more weekly races, got the 200k bonus for Race 3 in weekly challenges.
  • Bought the Alpine Race car from the LCD , lovely machien and so cool to see at Harry Garage on YT. Long and short tail!
  • Then proceded to tweak my Mclaren F1 and put it back to stock-ish MSO look, still tuned but a nice dark green colour now! True Beauty of a car!
  • Went to do a test race in the lobbies for the MCup before tomorrow and understood the tyre setup.
  • Then came back to the Daily Race B as I really wante dot boost back up to Rank B for my DR.
  • I did a first race and was bit wishy washy with turn 1 causing chaoas as usual. I finished 6th but got fastest lap yay.

Then the next race was great, did my qualifying times and placed/started 3rd, ok cool! I entered the first corner clean and undertook the fellow brit in the red porsche and then proceeded to give chase to a user called "willywonka" in the chopard 911 RSR. was chasing for a lap and bit until he crashed at turn 4/5 and spun out, I captilised on his mistake and started leading. Was being chased all race by martini livery 911 RSR, guy called Baez who was good, but I managed to hold the Lead till the end and got my first victory for while now! Well chuffed!

This helped boost me back up to B for DR rating!

Enjoy the pics will end on a high tonight and look for to the MCWS tomorrow!

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240712211020.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240712212221.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240712214323.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240712214536.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240712220746.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240712220654.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240712214645.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240712220831.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240712220957.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240712221124.jpg

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240712135016.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240712135409.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240712140524.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240712140437.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240712135453.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240712141044.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240712141707.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240712141738.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240712142052.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240712142032.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240712142022.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240712144846.jpg

On the GTP account, after taking 500,000 Cr. for getting a middling bronze time at the Road Atlanta time trial and 1,000,000 Cr. for barely getting silver at Red Bull Ring, I slowly flogged a rental SF23 Honda around Fuji long enough (just over 1:25.0 dead, nowhere near silver) to get a 4-star Wheel of Despair worth the high-showing/lowest-possible 10,000 Cr.

I then knocked off the Weekly Challenges:
  • Monza Sunday Cup Classic in 5:33 with the trusty Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
  • Road Atlanta American Sunday Cup in 4:59 with the twitchy Ford Mustang GT
  • Kyoto VGT Trophy in an unclean 11:30 with a Lamborghini Lambo V12 VGT that barely held off the Porsche VGT
  • St. Croix Hypercar Parade in 10:41 with a stock Ferrari FXX K after many attempts to get Beauvois' Valkyrie near the front (stupid because on a clean track, that car is at least 4 seconds a lap faster than me) and many, many crashes
  • After hundreds of miles of brain-dead AI, bad driving, and failed attempts to do a clean race, at first in a period-correct GT500, the Suzuka Special Event in a dirty 14:32 in a stock Honda NSX Gr.3
I decided that was that and didn't do a Plus account run.

I got myself a PSVR2 for my birthday and I’ve created my third account “NormskVR” to restart GT7 all over but this time only in VR.

I wonder how long it’ll be before I get sick…. :P I’m currently waiting for the controllers to charge up so I can set this thing up.

Had quite some fun yesterday. Cashed in 1.5 million CRs and bought some cars, the Alpine A220 is such a hoot and so beautiful. Also GTR r34 GT500!! Took it to La Sarthe for a 1:31 win over the competition due to making the right choice with IMs. The gamble paid off this time. And I did the Weekly SuperGT special in the Castrol Supra on RS for a rather comfortable win. Was a very fun gaming evening.

Had a weird experience on Sardegna yesterday.

I recently bought a hdmi switch because my TV only has 3 slots and I have to many consoles.

So at lap 8 going out of the last corner the screen goes black, I could still hear the sound from the game and 2 secs later the pictures comes back and I am in the pit lane.

I usually pit in at lap 10-11 but it worked out nicely, I'm glad I didn't crash the car into oblivion. 😁

I usually do Sardegna with my Porsche 962C but this time I used the Mazda 787b, the Mazda seem to have more raw power and faster acceleration but needs more focus and muscle to drive than the smooth Porsche.

I'm on controller and using automatic, will start to switch to manual soon, I got a best lap time of 1.35:700 with the Mazda and a total time of 25:15

I have never gone below 1:38 with the Porsche but I drive like a getaway driver 😀

I now have 40.000.000 and thinking of buying the McLaren for 20.000.000

Last edited:
Completed Menu Book 39 with a Porsche RSR (transmission tune and 1 weight reduction, 507hp and 733.9pp).
Deep Forest - 2nd place.
Spa - 1st, by almost 5 seconds.
Sarthe - 1st, by right handy 4 seconds.
Bathurst - 4th... was in the lead and Frazel ran me off the road at turn 22 on the last lap... was forever getting back.
- with that "punt" Frazel and I were tied at 41 points (he won) headed to Nord's 24hr, and Frazel started in 3rd!!!
Nord's 24hr - 1st by a little over 10 seconds.
Took the Championship...
Sweet jack-o-lantern that was some focus... much enjoyment.

Unlocked the $550K, 30 minute Sarthe 700pp race.
Jumped into my 458 Gr.4 and gave it a shot (1st try)
8th place... rain came during lap 3, but was light, pitted for inter's and noticed the Ai grabbeing racing soft... hmmm...
My lap on Inters was terrible, I was getting eaten up by the Ai., so ditched that plan and pitted for RM's.
With RM's I started making up ground... then the radar said it the rain was ending, clear skys very soon... but... after the Porsche curves there was a tonne of water on the road and I went for a really nice multi spin. Figured I'd just take it easy, and continued to get eaten up by the Ai... by Mulsanne the track was "essentially" dry I was picking off the Ai like crazy, but, time ran out.
Hmm.

ETA;
2nd try;
The weather at that track is crazy...
End og lap 3 rain all over the radar, and sky had been dark grey for 2 laps, pitted for inter's.
Came out of the pits to a bright clear day... arg... pit on that beautiful sunny day at the end of that lap for RH's, come out of the pits to a dark grey sky again... what the heck?
Going to watch the replay and see if it's replicated there too.

Last edited:
Figures I took a weeklong break from the game when the Mazda 787B and Ford Mark IV Race Car were available for the entire time. Oh well.

Yesterday and today I did some of the weekly races - turns out the De Tomaso Pantera is very fast compared to the typical Sunday Cup entrants - and one of the kei car menu book races.

Last edited:
Alpine A220 is so light on the tyre wear there was hardly any red after the first four laps on RHs at Le Mans. FM 5/6 very good pace because of the little downforce I guess. What a car to do the WTC700 30 minutes race.

That’s a car I didn’t even know was in the game, let alone existed IRL, but I’m loving it.

Starting the next part of my journey to becoming a "proper" simracer :lol:
Switched from auto to manual last year, now it's time to go from chase cam to cockpit.
I foresee many crashes ahead, especially if I dare to venture into the carnage of Daily Races.
Spent a load of time over the last few days re-doing the Cafe menus on a new account, all using cockpit view this time. Went better than I was expecting, the only problem one was the rally races - need VR for those to look out the side windows round the bends.

Still not quite as quick as when using chase cam, but I’ve had a lifetimes practice with that.

Got my apartment cleaned up and had everything charged up.

Cashed in my one million reward from the Manufacturers Cup but I didnt see any reward tickets, so I went back to the Viewers campaign and for some reason it said i did not have an entry yet. That was weird since I watched it on the stream so I just went back and watched a few minutes of the races and it said my entry was submitted. Guess I'll get the rewards next Monday.

Did the weekly challenges. The JGTC was really odd though - no fuel stops, no tire wear and no weather.... weird.
Sainte Croix can DIAF

Was still at the credit cap so i had to use a Ferrari invite I had laying around. Bought another FXX-K

Last edited:
Calibrated my T-LCM pedals that I received last night (run in conjunction with the awesome and envy'd T-150 wheel).
What a difference.
Ran some errands, washed my truck..
Then jumped in mt Gr.4 458 Italia and earned some credits on the WTC Sarthe race.
Learning to drive/react to unpredictable rain is fun.

World touring car 900 at le mans .

Good race
400k pay out
10 laps is bit long for the money but deaf ears on that complaint across the whole game so let's not go there .

Problem is ... 4 attempts at it now in diffrent cars and I can not get the clean race bonus ?
Can someone confirm it's Bugged because I aint passed track limits or hit anyone. Rather annoying

World touring car 900 at le mans .

Good race
400k pay out
10 laps is bit long for the money but deaf ears on that complaint across the whole game so let's not go there .

Problem is ... 4 attempts at it now in diffrent cars and I can not get the clean race bonus ?
Can someone confirm it's Bugged because I aint passed track limits or hit anyone. Rather annoying
The CRB in this race isn't like the big 3 where you can play destruction derby and still get the crb.

The crb in this race is really restricted even just going off track with 1 wheel will lose you the crb.

EMEA account: Ran the JGTC a few times in the Honda yesterday but couldn't get into the top 3 due to stupid mistakes on my part. What is odd is I am usually decent at Suzuka. I might give it another shot today since the weather is going to be hot, hot, and more hot.

Had fun grinding Sardegna….
Learning about wind 💨 speed and direction to assist with getting a fast overall time. I was only 3 seconds off my fastest time with a high wind speed of 9kph. Was on song to post a 22:29 with the Nissan but had an accident with the Alfa 4C on the last corner with about 4 laps to go…
Leant some more and did 4 races for nearly 3 million credits. 😁
IMG_2047.png

Last edited:
Went to SPA today with my favorite Nissan, i really love when it goes from day to night.
I also did one race at Le Mans and one at Sardegna. I have one Nissan R92CP for the 800pp races and one for Le Mans/700PP races.

Hope you all are having a nice Sunday or whatever day there is at your place!

Screenshot 2024-07-14 205356.png

Went to SPA today with my favorite Nissan, i really love when it goes from day to night.
I also did one race at Le Mans and one at Sardegna. I have one Nissan R92CP for the 800pp races and one for Le Mans/700PP races.

Hope you all are having a nice Sunday or whatever day there is at your place!

View attachment 1372575
Nice I'm just now about to also do a round of spa but with my p1 of course.:)

On the GTP account, I bought yet another SF23 Toyota, gave it a cheap TGR livery, and sent it around Catalunya - No Chicane both in a private tire test and the public practice. I think I'm going to do a 6 RM/14 RS strategy in my GT3 league race after getting the public practice down to the mid-1:22s.

As I was in the down time between the afternoon and evening sessions, I took my...you guessed it...3-star Wheel of Despair worth the...you know it...low-showing...surprise...10,000 Cr.

The TGR race was a disaster. Too bad the stewards won't send me back to E DR where I belong, especially with the Mickey Mouse setup I have (T128 with the crappy pedals because the power cable on my T-GT II died and the pedals that came with it are also dead).

Needless to say, no Plus run today.

Completed the master licenses on my new cockpit-view account. Only bronzes, no way I can get some of those gold times even with the familiar chase cam.

Will probably do the missions next. Drifting might actually be fun this way.

Did Le Mans twice in the Amuse S2000. First time came second by 10 seconds. FM 5/6 was maybe a little conservative and wrong tyre choice and sloppy driving didn’t help.

Second time in pitted every other lap on FM4, it was such a joy to drive, and I’ve won by 2:12 as well 😬

Back