What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 12,954 comments
Hi, Well I'm still alive and playing at 68yrs old, Old and slow, probably always been slow lol.
Anyway being a contoller only person on all GT games in the past. I have a G923 wheel, had it a year or so, tried it, could not do anygood with it before. But it's out of the box again today. Thought I would try the Jinty cup thing at the new mountain course that I can't remember how to spell lol. takes some getting used to, not sure what settings should be, but I won the first race ever with a wheel lol. So a nice gentle start. Onto the new TT at Monza, sink or swim attitude. Still not used to the movements on the wheel.
only done 4 laps so far, so thought I'd come to my fav GT site for advice , thanks for any that comes
lap 1. 2:13.161 messing with settings TC. lap 2. 2:02.110. lap 3, 2:00.015. Lap 4, 1:57.201. things look to be going in the right direction. House to myself all day. Time to play and "Try" to get used to this damd wheel. Old & Slow, but enjoying myself.

Now after a hour or two later, down to 1:54.921 on the account I was playing on, on my other, I got 1:55.232, had to stop as kept getting cramp Ouch.

Last edited:
I look at whether the values are high too when selling. I've had a couple that were at the bottom of the curve (one was a Toyota hybrid and the loss was about 200k compared to best price showing) but the chart only looks back about two weeks so I hung on to the car to see how quickly it would swing back, and I sold it about 5 days later at a price that was around the previous peak.

What I took away from that was, if I see a low price when selling a car, I only need to hang on to it for a week or so and the price will recover. I suppose they could just keep on sinking, but I don'tvthink it will. I believe that the price is linked to the car's buy price (whether new or used) so my expectation is that the sell price will fluctuate between a minimum and maximum percentage of the buy price, i.e. there will never be any astonishing bargains in the used car lot, nor will you ever get a sell price that is completely unrelated to the buy price for that car.

Last edited:
I tried to do Sardegna but I didn't really feel like it. I tried a few different cars and the last one I used was the Audi VGT and for some odd reason The battery was already down to about 80% as soon as I started the race so I quit and did a custom race at Goodwood with my Kei cars. I started 10th in a stock Copen and I went around a curve without slowing down to see what would happen if I didn't slow do in time and I ended up in the grass. Who knew? 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 Seriously It wasn't on purpose I did slow down some but not enough. I ended finishing a lap down in a 5 lap race :lol::lol::lol:. Got 10 k cr from a 3⭐🎫

Light day - took one of my Audi LMPs to Sardegna. Easy cash.

Bought another Honda EK touring car from the used car dealer. Did the K24 engine swap - holy... crap. This car is fast.
Full race build on RH tires is still under 600pp so took it to Tokyo. It was a little squirley in the beginning when the pavement was wet, but by the end it was solid. More easy cash.

The WTC800 Dragon Trail race is easily in my top three venues now. Such much fun and excitement. Put some RMs on the SuperGT BRZ and on FM2 it was good for a one stop race and the tyres just made it across the finish line. The scenery and nightfall was so pretty and the race was very competitive and the AI had quite an attitude.

Managed to keep my 3 seconds lead over the Merc the last two laps on very worn tyres. Ooof.

Didn’t get the CRB because I was a little generous with the chicane but still, what a blast!

Also picked up the GT1 Porsche from the LCD before it’s gone.

Hellooooooo Nurse!

Very busy day in the digital motorsport realm.

First I set a time in the new online time trial at Monza.

Then I started checking some cars of mine with tuned suspension, to see if they were ok after the 1,49 update. I spent some time testing the Autobianchi Abarth.

I ran Nordschleife once, again with the Jaguar in the European Clubman 600.

I also bought a Porsche 917K and a Ferrari F40 from the LCD.

The despicable wheel gave me 10K for my time.

The WTC800 Dragon Trail race is easily in my top three venues now. Such much fun and excitement. Put some RMs on the SuperGT BRZ and on FM2 it was good for a one stop race and the tyres just made it across the finish line. The scenery and nightfall was so pretty and the race was very competitive and the AI had quite an attitude.

Managed to keep my 3 seconds lead over the Merc the last two laps on very worn tyres. Ooof.

Didn’t get the CRB because I was a little generous with the chicane but still, what a blast!

Also picked up the GT1 Porsche from the LCD before it’s gone.

LOVE that race. One of my favourite WTC events in the game.

Last edited:
Did alot of time trials today and got preparing for the Italiano Monza race tomorrow at Nations cup. It coincides nicely wth the F1 this weekend so LFG!

Bash out some weekly races and netted a 5-star daily reward that gave me 500k creds.

Spent some pocket money on finally gettign the lovely Porsche '70 917K, what a phenomenal car, now I can do some oldy 70's Le-mans races in a custom setup in lobbies hopefully.

More testing for Nations race and took some scapes of my cool as cool Murciee!!

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240830153803.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240830153756.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240830153749.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240830153819.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240830160941.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240830160953.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240830163153.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240830164024.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240830163255.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240830165522.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240830165623.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240830165733.jpg

Last edited:
I found a good challenge at Sardegna, winning with the Mercedes VGT (hard difficulty). Fraga is not so easy to beat, at least for me, took me two tries. Fuel economy is bad, so FM 5 and 2 stops, top speed is worse than IA cars and tires wear fast too. Fun race though.

I also grinded this race with the Toyota GT One, the Mazda 787B, the Pagani Huayra, and was finally able to buy the Ferrari 330 P4. Which I used at Sardegna too :)

Last edited:
I took a swing at the Honda RA272 @ Spa-Francorchamps and Gr.2 @ Suzuka time trials today, getting silver for each one. Although notably, my time for the latter was only 3.11% off the top, being about 0.11 seconds off gold range. That said, I do plan to leave it as-is, as I don't foresee myself reducing my best time by that much, let alone if the overall best time is also improved.

Last edited:
On the GTP account, after collecting 1,000,000 Cr. for the expired regular time trial and 500,000 Cr. for the Mercedes-AMG hot laps (no chance to get silver), I hit Monza with a rented bull and got to just under 1:54.1. OF COURSE it was for a 3-star Wheel of Despair puking up the low-showing/lowest-possible 5,000 Cr.

I then did the Weekly Challenges...with very great difficulty (2 of the races were initially "unclean"):
  • Willow Springs Pickup Truck Race in 4:54 with a Toyota Tundra "loaded" with a full-custom non-racing transmission, giving 425.04 PP (after initially getting it done in an "unclean" 4:58 and an "unclean" 4:57)
  • Suzuka European Clubman Cup 600 in 6:52 with a stock 2011 Lamborghini Aventador after failing with the Ferrari F430 and Ferrari 430 Scuderia
  • Eiger Norwand Special Event in 8:30 with a 2017 Alpine A110 that, in addition to the previous upgrades, went on a diet and SM tires put on for an even 600 PP (after many restarts and an unclean 8:29; I ****ing hate the reverse layout, which means it will continue to be featured 2 out of every 3 weeks)
  • Nurburgring Historic Sports Car Masters in 8:25 with an engine-swapped Nissan 300ZX tuned to 565 PP (the only "easy" race; my previous go-to of a tuned Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 got buffed out of the event)
  • Catalunya WTC 800 in 19:04 with a stock Lamborghini Huracan GT3 after failing with the Chevrolet Corvette Gr.3 because Miyazono did a no-stop run in that race
The 6-star Wheel of Despair puked out the worst of the 3 legal prizes; a RUF CTR3, which I hung onto for tuning purposes rather than selling it for 635,460 Cr. The other legal prizes were a Genesis Gran Racer VGT (worth 697,200 Cr. at Andi's) and 1,000,000 Cr.

I was disgusted and tired, so no Plus run today.

I made another attempt to get into gold range for the online time trial featuring Gr.2 @ Suzuka, but I couldn't improve my time at all. But I did end up improving my best qualifying time for Daily Race B, shaving off at least two or three tenths, ultimately getting back into the top 5k times.

EDIT: I'm definitely gonna do today's GTWS Nations Cup Exhibition Series 1 race, too. I skipped the second round, but even then, it seems that my results from that first round featuring the X2019 were so good (Q1/P4) that I'm currently slated to get the full 3m credits for having the ideal standings within GT2. All the more reason, IMO, that I should do more races that affect my DR, so I can ideally get into DR A and thus the GT1 class, where I could potentially earn a ton more credits for various championship results.

Last edited:
I looked at my steering wheel that's been sat in its box for the past 6 months, thought to myself "I should play some GT7".

Picked up the Jaguar E-Type to complete the Jag Menu Book and then went to play some Warhammer 40K: Rogue Trader.

Friday night (yesterday) I completed the weekly challenge races, not the most exciting selection but still did I raced them.

Today I ran WTC 600 Tokyo twice. Once with the Jaguar I was running at Nurburgring European Clubman Cup event and once with the Aston Martin Vantage.

I slept over this event like forever. Whenever I needed credits I always ran Sardegna and Le Mans. But man, the Tokyo race is actually very good. The changing track conditions, the huge diversity of elegible cars and the (almost mandatory) tunning aspect make this event very good.

The Jaguar was somewhat a simple setting. I applied weight reduction 1 over the suspensipn setting I already had for it. For the Aston I went weight reduction 2, adjustable suspension plus some sport tier engine parts and 2 engine mods. Both cars on SH tyres and the game on normal difficulty.

The despicable wheel gave me some suspension parts for a car I don't remember.

Lovely GT7 day.

I'm sure this is 'off topic' but looking for advice.
On my custom race setting for 'one make' car i find the yellow BOP is not adjustable.
My problem is while on 'hard' and professional level i can start 20th and be first (JUST) on a 10 lap race.
I am nowhere near fast myself as my lap times are slow compared to many so how come i find i can do this.
The answer would be to reduce my car pp but cannot find how to do this.

I am very bad on weekly events etc so it appears i am only good on my own custom races. I obviously need to alter something...any help please.
One make is super formula 23.

I got an LFA engine from the DM yesterday, and today I was surprised to see the McLaren F1 '94 back in the LCD quite so soon after it last appeared, so I bought that with my spare 20 million Cr. that I happened to have lying around. That gave me the McLaren Extra Menu 6* ticket which delivered a Ferrari FXX K worth 3.6 million Cr. :eek:

I was working on a livery to reproduce a car from the Historic Championship, but after a good few hours of work and research, it is now crashing my game when I try to load it, which is beyond frustrating. Never before have I been so impressed and frustrated with the same game at the same time. :ouch: Yep... all progress (all previous designs) lost. I'm done with the livery editor :grumpy: :grumpy:

Last edited:
Never before have I been so impressed and frustrated with the same game at the same time. :ouch:

This, I fear, is what Gran Turismo will always be as long as Kaz is at the helm, and what I fear more is that I believe that the moment he hands over the reins to someone else, Gran Turismo will become just another racing game.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Kaz is a single minded leader who sticks to his own vision and that all the things, good and bad, that make Gran Turismo unique in gaming sims are there for as long as he is... and not a day longer. For me, it has always driven better than any other sim. Even when there are obvious glitches in the model. It has also always enabled an emotional attachment to the cars in a way that no other sim manages. And, every time, every edition, to enjoy these, I have to put up with all the big gaps in the car choice they manage to leave, with the bizarre, clunky menu system (that's still miles better than Forza 7's baffling UI), with how-did-that-get-through-testing bugs, with grinding, ignoring user feedback, fiendishly difficult tests or missions, always starting last, tracks that come and go at random...

I skipped Sport after being so let down by GT6 but I'm back because... for all the awesome cars in it, Forza just doesn't drive as well. AC on console looks worse and drives even worse than Forza. I just couldn't get it set up to my liking. PC2 was full of bugs... but mostly because GT7 does VR.

It's a game changer but I've been in the GT series long enough not to expect GT8 to be any better. When it comes out in 2040.

Dug deep into my garage and pulled out my Sauber C9. Took it to Sardegna. Easy win. I dont know if its just me, but this car seems to have quite a bit of under steer.

Bought my third Castrol Supra. Found out i can de-tune it to 700pp, so I took it to LeMans. Not a bad little hot rod. Ended up winning by over one minute.

Sunday night, and I had one more go at WTC 600 Tokyo. Not because of the money, but because of the fun of setting the cars.

Tonight I drove the Alfa Romeo 8C. The car is very good in its stock form, I only applied engine parts and mods from the sport tier in the tuning shop. Also weight reduction 2, no suspension parts needed. It was enough for a easy win there.

The despicable wheel gave me a Porsche invitation. (Only my 2nd one in 2 years playing the damn game).

I bought 2 Carrera GTs then.

Lovely GT7 Sunday.
191b00c6b6429-0e321DC53D8D226824E.5AF533D2220C5786_message_441656646712611_1725221276221.jpg

Last edited:
-Did the time trial on Suzuka
-Drove the Ferrari 430 Scuderia on Monza
-Drove my tuned E36 and E46 M3 on Watkins glen
-Drove the Genesis Gran Racer on Kyoto

Back