What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 12,954 comments
I now have a passive approach to credits and grinding for cars on here now. I just save money from weeklies and roulette wheels and time trials and selling duplicate prize cars. No grinding on sardegna or anything. When the legendary car comes around that I can afford, grab it if I can but don't panic about it.

Strategy has paid off a bit, I've got the 911 GT1 Street and now today the Aston DB3S. Still got money to come into the bank as well so maybe I'll be ready for the GT40 and CLK when the time comes.

Sold my Toyota Gr10 gift car without realizing it had a special 2024 Livery :) , Finished weekly races 4 and 5 , 6star ticket for daily workout and 500,000 prize and 6 star ticket weekly race 5 gave me a Bugatti VGT which I sold.

At what point does this become a gambling game aimed at minors and a huge class action law suit? They should get ahead of that and make sure it doesn't happen and remove it. Roulette gambling doesn't belong in a game for minors.
There is no roulette, its only an animation to a fixed price.
So when anything would happen, the tickets would still be ingame and simply tell you "you recieved 1000 credits", without wasting 1 minute of your time showing other prices that potentially are on the same class of ticket but never to recieved with your specific ticket anyway.

There is no roulette, its only an animation to a fixed price.
So when anything would happen, the tickets would still be ingame and simply tell you "you recieved 1000 credits", without wasting 1 minute of your time showing other prices that potentially are on the same class of ticket but never to recieved with your specific ticket anyway.
Random loot boxes are gambling.. and cause health maladies:

To ensure adequate education, I'd recommend:

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with your links, it just is no gambling though it looks like that.
It is a small random gift for daily playing, you cant buy any more of them tickets, you cant influence your chances, and the price range is pretty mediocre making me wonder who exactly is opening them.
If you want random invitations for car purchase and random winnings, that's gambling. Rules and sports have clear designations for how to play, points you earn, and prizes and winnings for achieving those. If you want to see more of the random frustrations for never getting a needed invitation or some other random piece to complete game-play or progression, you can choose to support and advocate for it, or you call it out to make sure it stops. I choose to call out the harms of toxic gambling, especially in games on minors who grow up to think it's proper.

... random winnings, that's gambling.
Not quite sure where you are wanting to draw a line, because basically every RPG is gambling, with the prices being succeding a stat-check or winning a fight.

I totally dont deny the addiction of gambling, nor do I like random rewards in games, even less so when they require a daily activity.
But at some point parents have to start parenting and stop relying on government taking steps to babysit their children.

With little time to play this week, I bought the Porsche 917k and then the following day regretted that when the Maclaren F1 came up....
Did the weekly race at Suzuka in the Nissan r92 on a no stop strategy. Alpine in an Alpine with slicks on, European clubman in the Porsche Cayman (swapped), hypercar in the same Cayman, historic races in a Ferrari 308, got a mercedes and a honda for whatever event I participated in and got TT credits for the old Honda race car and the Renault and the Mercedes. Won 500k off the 6* ticket and 5k off my last daily.

Today I bought an Aston Martin DB3S from the LCD and a Lancia Stratos '73 from the UCD.

Test drove them at Nordschleife, and for my surprise the Stratos is a hell of a good ride. Back in my head (based on previous GT games) I always tought it was a difficult car to drive but I guess I was wrong. The Aston is also good however I spent most or my gaming time today with the Stratos.

Good GT7 session.

191b9938cc110-0e321DC53D8D226824E.5AF533D2220C5786_message_441701193456399_1725395286939.jpg

I made some improvements to my Mercedes-Benz Hugo Boss livery and took the car for a spin around Nürburgring, with a bit of aqua-planing towards the end.

Did some racing on Daily Race C with mixed results, the track is ruthless and everyone hit barry R, it gets very tricky and hazardous to race lol!

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240903203547.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240903203618.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240903210029.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240903210132.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240903211525.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240903210148.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240903215945.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240903215447.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240903220110.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240903220131.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240903221746.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240903222458.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240903223252.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240903223455.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240903223727.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240903223608.jpg

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20240903212031.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20240903212031.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Today I bought an Aston Martin DB3S from the LCD and a Lancia Stratos '73 from the UCD.

Test drove them at Nordschleife, and for my surprise the Stratos is a hell of a good ride. Back in my head (based on previous GT games) I always tought it was a difficult car to drive but I guess I was wrong. The Aston is also good however I spent most or my gaming time today with the Stratos.

Good GT7 session.

View attachment 1386276

The Stratos works quite well in GT7, much better than 6... Tyres can be an issue.

DB3 is a proper old speed machine perhaps too fast, gets real bitey real quick if you go silly with the power.

Jeez! It's been an eternity since I last posted to this forum. Moving to a new house, getting my brother's PS4 all to myself after he got upgraded to the PS5, and having plenty of TVs to use brought back motivation to play GT7 regularly again (plus the older PS3 titles too)!

I replicated the Grand Tour events from GT5 the best I could in GT7 today. I have quite a few shots from these shenanigans. Not everything is accurate. For instance, in the Monza race, the Ferrari models and colors are a bit different from the original GT5 iteration. So, enjoy anyway!

IMG_7755.jpeg

Event 1: The Eiger Nordwand Lap with the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione

The first challenge in the Grand Tour involves lugging a clunky Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione around the tight, twisty, and undulating Eiger Nordwand course. You may feel a bit of PTSD here, as the actual event in GT5 was known to be a bit of a challenge to get gold in.

IMG_7758.jpeg

Things have changed since the generational jumps (including PD's philosophy when designing Gran Turismo games), but one thing hasn't: the beauty of both the 8C and the Swiss Alps.

IMG_7756.jpeg

Event 2: Ferrari Showdown at Monza

Pretty straightforward. All you have to do is overtake the fifteen other Ferraris in two laps to beat this event. For most players, this was far easier than the Eiger Nordwand hot lap event.

IMG_7757.jpeg

IMG_7759.jpeg

There are some differences between the GT5 event and the GT7 custom race here, the most obvious being the differing models and colors of the Ferraris participating. They were all ones I owned myself, but put to use in a garage-type custom race in an attempt to replicate the GT5 event as best as possible. For bleeps and giggles, I threw the 330 P4 on pole position in the race. It did take me the most of the race to catch it, getting the overtake done in the Lesmos on the final lap.

IMG_7761.jpeg

Event 3: Murciélago vs. Italy at Toscana Sardegna

Another simple event. Try to overtake five Italian sports car icons at Toscana as the evening darkness settles. Except…Toscana isn't an available option to race on in GT7. So, the best I could do is the Sardegna road course here. However, the rival cars in the event are unchanged (apart from some color differences).

IMG_7762.jpeg

IMG_7760.jpeg

IMG_7763.jpeg

IMG_7764.jpeg

This was actually a thrilling one-lap event that I created for this one, going down to the last straightaway, where I BARELY outdragged the lead 430 Scuderia to the line to beat it. That was pretty fun!

IMG_7765.jpeg

Event 4: Toscana Sardegna Windmills Lap in the Ford Focus Rally Car

It's another hot lap event, but this time, we have a dirt rally course to contend with. We have to rip through the course as quickly as possible with the Ford Focus WRC car.

IMG_7767.jpeg

IMG_7766.jpeg

Again, I had to work with what I had here. Toscana, like I said, is absent in GT7, so Sardegna Windmills had to suffice in order to somewhat replicate this event. As well, while we do have a Focus rally car in GT7, it isn't quite the same as the one in GT5, of course. But it's still a Focus.

IMG_7768.jpeg

The Finale: Classic Car Battle at Rome Circuit Dragon Trail Seaside

This is it. The final event of the Grand Tour. To cap things off, we have a classic car showdown in Rome. Except there are no true city circuits in GT7. So, I had to deviate from GT5's event and use the Dragon Trail Seaside circuit instead.

IMG_7769.jpeg

IMG_7770.jpeg

It was another pretty fun race. It didn't lead to another drag race down the pit straight to take a last-second win, but there were some moments. In that last photo, the lead Countach did encounter some lift-off oversteer as it was entering the final corner before the Chicane of Death. However, I did wait until exiting the chicane before getting the winning move done. The Miura is a bit tricky to drive, so throttle control is key.

And that's it. You made it through the Grand Tour! Congratulations! I hope you enjoyed.

Attachments

• IMG_7759.jpeg
    IMG_7759.jpeg
    173.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Opened up a five star ticket - got another Porsche Clubman Cup (Gr4)

Bought two more FT 1500s from the Gran Turismo dealer ( realized I only had one ) and installed some classic F1 liveries.

Bought two more Toyota FT 1 VGT (Gr3) Set one to "stun" (700pp) and one to "kill" (800pp)

I hated to loosen my purse strings, but i needed to make room for the time trial award tomorrow and the Weekly Challenges on Friday.

I gave the Daily races a break this week and just took my fastest garage cars to the track for time trials. No tuning (yet) just, out-of-the-box.

Daytona infield road course, Nurburgring Nordschleife and Spa

The Valkyrie seemed very unstable and hard to drive, it turns out that it was because it’s so freakin fast. My times on those tracks were cut significantly. I think I’m just going to see how low I can get the Valkyrie times at the Nurburgring, which will require learning the track a little better as well. I had some off track excursions and was still at ~7:35.
The F1500T is at the top of the heap though (my heap).

I just bought a Ferrari FXX K which is definitely a track car. I took it to the Nurburgring and it got large air frequently but, it also got beat by the Valkyrie at the Daytona road course by 3 seconds a lap.

Yes, a lot of that will be my fault, but I’m working that problem 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Random loot boxes are gambling.. and cause health maladies
You’re confusing chance with gambling. They are not the same thing.

Selling loot boxes can be considered gambling, but handing out random awards free of charge is not a form of gambling.

Yesterday I played after 2 months.
Here is how things went:

I do sarde GMA with my newly acquired 911 RSR I didn’t finish the race cuz I was stupid enough ro not stop for fuel.

And before that I did monza in my genesis gr3 and finished first with some beautiful overtakes.

Some custom races.
Got 2 Honda Civic Type R '22 and a Mercedes GT3 '21 rewards from TT's
From wheel of desprair i got 5k
Turn off PS5..

Last edited:
1st Time ever Gold on Sport tts, Deep Forest. Lancer ,Edit 1:35.482 now. just scraped in. Not bad for a 68yr old 😃, With the damn wheel also, that I'm not really used to yet. beat the wheel time with controller for the above.

Last edited:
It's been a while, so I knocked out the Weekly Challenges on the Plus account:
  • Willow Springs Pickup Truck Race in 5:00 with a lightly-modified Toyota Tundra
  • Suzuka European Clubman Cup in 6:04 with a stock Aston Martin Valkyrie
  • Eiger Norwand Special event in an "unclean" 8:11 with a max-tune Alpine A110 (which I probably could have used at Suzuka as well)
  • Nurburgring Historic Sports Caqr Masters in 8:15 with a stock Porsche 959
  • Catalunya WTC 800 in 18:00 with a stock Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM on a no-stop (FM 4, though I probably could have used FM 3) strategy
The 6-star Wheel of Despair gave a high-showing/lowest-legal 500,000 Cr., while the 4-star Wheel of Despair gave a bore up S for a car/engine that already has it.

On the GTP account, I picked up a second Honda Civic time-trial car (hung onto for driving and perhaps tuning purposes because it is distinct from the Brand Central version) and a third 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT3 (selling one of the other ones for 197,440 Cr.). I also picked up 500,000 Cr. from getting bronze in the associated special Honda time trial and 1,000,000 Cr. from the regular Suzuka time trial.

Speaking of time trials, I rented a Mitsubishi rally car and flogged it around Deep Forest for a sub-1:36 time (not quite gold, which I expect to slip further away) and a cashless 4-star Wheel of Despair puking out an Aston Martin invite.

It's been a while, so I knocked out the Weekly Challenges on the Plus account:
  • Willow Springs Pickup Truck Race in 5:00 with a lightly-modified Toyota Tundra
  • Suzuka European Clubman Cup in 6:04 with a stock Aston Martin Valkyrie
  • Eiger Norwand Special event in an "unclean" 8:11 with a max-tune Alpine A110 (which I probably could have used at Suzuka as well)
  • Nurburgring Historic Sports Caqr Masters in 8:15 with a stock Porsche 959
  • Catalunya WTC 800 in 18:00 with a stock Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM on a no-stop (FM 4, though I probably could have used FM 3) strategy
The 6-star Wheel of Despair gave a high-showing/lowest-legal 500,000 Cr., while the 4-star Wheel of Despair gave a bore up S for a car/engine that already has it.

On the GTP account, I picked up a second Honda Civic time-trial car (hung onto for driving and perhaps tuning purposes because it is distinct from the Brand Central version) and a third 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT3 (selling one of the other ones for 197,440 Cr.). I also picked up 500,000 Cr. from getting bronze in the associated special Honda time trial and 1,000,000 Cr. from the regular Suzuka time trial.

Speaking of time trials, I rented a Mitsubishi rally car and flogged it around Deep Forest for a sub-1:36 time (not quite gold, which I expect to slip further away) and a cashless 4-star Wheel of Despair puking out an Aston Martin invite.
Hi. If I can do it with wheel & controller. I'm damn sure you can, rev it hard.

Hi. If I can do it with wheel & controller. I'm damn sure you can, rev it hard.
By the time I get the last 2/10ths, the aliens will knock it down another second. Besides, I'm almost as old, and am slower, than Captain Slow.

Hi, I did two Color Stingray liveries, did 9-10 drift trials at Tokyo, Fuji and Brands Hatch. Completed five daily races at Sardegna, worked on the new Lancer TT and got a time in the silver territory, and took 15-20 scape photos with cars/drivers. I had a productive 3 days so far here and now it's time to take a short break. Also, I finished all events in 1st for the Weekly Challenges.

Today I bought 2 Abarth Biposto 1500 BAT 2 '52 from the LCD. Test drove it at Nurburgring and it felt very nice. One copy is fully upgraded and it is a mad old car! The other copy I'll keep stock.
191c4a91af272-0e321DC53D8D226824E.5AF533D2220C5786_message_441748800931403_1725581253638.jpg

Also, I set a time in the new time trial. Good combo this week.
191c3da83ad96-0e321DC53D8D226824E.5AF533D2220C5786_message_441745289265414_1725567536193.jpg

Thursday 05/09/24.

I finished off my first set of 20 Porsche Carerra Cup Australia liveries and uploaded onto the showcase. (My own variations of the original liveries, NOT replicas) #bizzy029

Done a custom race just to listen to the cars as I went to sleep of the above field of cars using Fuji.

Finished off the weekly events.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240906-034859_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240906-034859_Chrome.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20240906-034906_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240906-034906_Chrome.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20240906-034916_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240906-034916_Chrome.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20240906-034823_Chrome.jpg