What do you guys drive in the REAL WORLD!

Originally posted by VIPERGTSR01
i drive a restored(i restored it) 1971 Holden HG monaro GTS 350 (it was a GTS 186 but i put a chev 350:mischievous: in it) as my cruise and drag car.
very fast but uses alot of fuel

i drive a 1993 RPS13 180sx(SR20DET) for my drifting and a 1979 Mazda 323 as my everyday car (although i drive my 180 alot as well)

Another nice bunch of cars. :D

I drive a nice 97' Honda Accord Type GG (Grocery Getter) hehe j/k, and when my dad goes on business trips I take his 03' Subaru WRX.

Swapping into an MR2 can be difficult (I found out with the NA to Supercharged swap.)

I also want 93 because they have beefier trannys, better rear-suspension to reduce snap oversteer, LSD and ABS. ;)

Trueno AE86 GTV (Japan Spec)
early version of AE86, not the facelift :(
rebuilding it slowly. Basically everything in it pretty stock car
things that i put in it:
rainbow xenon light
micro compressor
redline air filter
^_^

Originally posted by LanEvo
very nice JiF ;) , hey convict, i think the Datsun 510 in the ultimate street car challenge had a 13B swapped into it?:confused: not sure though. what kinda plans you got for that car? a circuit machine?

I don't know about that 'ultimate street car' 510, it very well could have had a 13b, it's a pretty popular swap. I would consider that engine for my car, but there is nobody remotely close that can service a rotary.

I do plan on getting it into scca racing way down the road, hopefully GT3 or GT4 class racing (if I ever get a tube chasis made), but 'till then local AutoX will be good enough for me. For the most part, it will be my daily driver. I have pretty much everything planned for this car, the color is red for now, but will be orange (like the stock orange color the car came in).

Not a whole lot has been done, like I said before, all new fibergalss pannels have been put on, the car has been completely stripped down to bare metal inside the car. Rollcage, seats (brackets comming soon). I have alot planned for the car in the next few months, custom fiberglass dash will be put in, fuel cell, wheels, suspension (not sure what I will put on yet, still looking). Hopefully it will be ready to drive within the year, but I'm in no hurry, I like driving my '87 Nissan. :D

ConvictKid, nice choice, and I'd go with the SR20DET.

Thanks, I am leaning more towards the SR20DET rather than the VG30, but nothing is set yet, and the engine is a long ways away.

SR20DET is a good engine to use they are nice and compact, produce good power, has some reasonable potentioal (without having to do internal mods)

i would go with SR20, i personally dont like VG30's much

Originally posted by kRaC_hEd*
south , karaka to be exact.
and its maroon(dark red):cool:

Ahhhh.

You wouldn't happen to drive around South Auckland that much would you? Papatoetoe, Otahuhu ways?

My mate at school, his brother has a brown ish red mid 70's Falcon, he gets dropped off every now and then...

my "whip" or ride is an 97 nissian 200sx mostly stock 122000miles but the mods are stainless exaust from apexi, highflow fuel rail and injectors, polished hearders, then the intreior has apc seats alpine head unit and alpine type r's all around then one alpine type r 12 inch and of course the huge 5 inch tach from autometer lol. then last but not least 18" volk racing wheels. ill get some pics soon as possible!

Originally posted by BEPM
my "whip" or ride is an 97 nissian 200sx mostly stock 122000miles but the mods are stainless exaust from apexi, highflow fuel rail and injectors, polished hearders, then the intreior has apc seats alpine head unit and alpine type r's all around then one alpine type r 12 inch and of course the huge 5 inch tach from autometer lol. then last but not least 18" volk racing wheels. ill get some pics soon as possible!

18" Volk's on an S14... :D :D :D Get pics sooon! ;)

Venom :cool:

Originally posted by LanEvo
200sx is a sentra here in the states, not an S14 :P i beleive they call it a B14...

Whoops, thought he was talking about the British name for the S14 Silvia, the 200SX. Didn't notice he was in the states. :embarrassed: I should no better than to assume. :rolleyes:

Daily Driver:
1993 Civic LX
1.5 Liter SOHC (Sad isn't it) D-Series Honda Motor

Modifications:
1 10" Alpine S-series subwoofers
250 watt Alpine amp
2 5.25 Lightning Audio speakers (front doors)
2 6x9 Lightning Audo speakers (rear windshield)
Alpine Head unit

Other:
1992 Mazda B2200 truck
No idea on the motor....don't really care either

Modifications:
Custom front end collision by a brake failure + the back end of a Ford Explorer x's 30 mph

Realistic dream car:
1993 Nissan 240SX, eventual motor swap

Not so realistic dream car:
2001 Nissan Skyline GT-R R-34 V-Spec II.

Modifications:
Too many to list

actually i wanted to find a 200sx with 5 speed and swap engine/tranny (and add the DET turbo manifold/turbo) then put that into my uncles G20... if he would let me :) he's really into cars and was asking me what he could do to it, so i told him bluebird swap, but since the 200sx has the sr20 just add a manifold and turbo and you pretty much have a sr20det FF

Originally posted by FutureGTRDriver
Modifications:
1 10" Alpine S-series subwoofers
250 watt Alpine amp
2 5.25 Lightning Audio speakers (front doors)
2 6x9 Lightning Audo speakers (rear windshield)
Alpine Head unit

Other:
1992 Mazda B2200 truck
No idea on the motor....don't really care either

those are modifications?? ....:irked: and your mazda has a 2.2 4 cylinder (2200cc) :P

hey soarersruleall to bad you live in hawaii becuase there is a 97 200sx in front of my house for sale its a 5 speed come to think of it its mine lol haha yea.

Originally posted by FutureGTRDriver
Daily Driver:
1993 Civic LX
1.5 Liter SOHC (Sad isn't it) D-Series Honda Motor

Make that a '95 EJ Coupe DX w/5speed, leave the D15B7, and add a catback and coldair, and you have my friends Civic which ran a very respectable 16.5 on 17" rims last time at the track. D15B7's can be quick. ;)

Venom :cool:

280927_1_full.jpg

yep,i'm learning to drive in a tank.

72 Impala
Fully BluePrinted 383 Motor putting out 410hp and 375tq

The Impala's Wicked wish there was more of them over here.Does it have an LSD? how wide are the back tyres i bet it smokes the sacks off real easy!!.

Originally posted by JiF
The Impala's Wicked wish there was more of them over here.Does it have an LSD? how wide are the back tyres i bet it smokes the sacks off real easy!!.

it has the good ol' Radila T/A's 15in tires front and rear,disc up front and drum in back.no,it doesn't have LSD.
i think the rearend is posi 3.73 10- bolt out of a junkyard cop car my dad rebuilt himself.

he can get the car sideways from a dead stop.

Back