What does your user name mean?

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 1,205 comments
Pyrelli is a name of a U.K emcee; also the glarring similarity to the tyre brand Pirelli made me think that it was quite good as a username for this site.

Pyrelli

superberkut: none exists currently, but I was a fan of the Su-47 aircraft, whose prototype name was Berkut, and I wanted to see it in production as a real warplane. It was so awesome, with those forward-swept wings and unequal-length tail booms, and other amazing technologies not found in other craft, especially not American fighters. I created my name from that captivating fighter, adding super to the front of it to denote the S-32 (possibly), an earlier development of the same plane. 'Berkut' is also is the name for the Golden Eagle species. There is even a singer whose stage name is Arthur Berkut. However, I only found that out after I created my username. Sadly, the Su-47 was relegated to a technology demonstrator, meaning it will never enter production, but its technologies will filter down into more conventional-looking craft from Sukhoi, the company that produced the one Su-47 prototype.

It is featured in enough warplane games to send one's head reeling... and, being a fan of those too, I regularly am reminded of it.

If I obtain GT Premium, I will most likely end up as just, 'Berkut', seeing that the S-32 is still an earlier prototype of the Su-47. Here is a picture of the plane: (That is, the Su-47)

mob198_1145738837.jpg

Its predecessor, the S-32, is here:

s32_03.jpg

I saw it on the license plate of a 57' Chevy Nomad with a six banger about ten years ago. Real nice car, I've still got pictures of it.

I don't know which is funnier. That kid representing -Diego-, or you knowing there was a character with that name on some little kid show.

Mine means that I am a formula 1 car driver in real life and the only reason I come on here is to see what people think of my driving. The Ontario,Canada part is something my other formula 1 driving buddy made up, I don't even know what a Canada is.

I don't know which is funnier. That kid representing -Diego-, or you knowing there was a character with that name on some little kid show.

I was lucky enough to be born before those cartoons came out.

Funny thing is that back home, when I was born, Diego wasn't a common name (despite it being common in other Spanish speaking countries). When I was about 10-12, the name became fashionalble and all parents would name their kids Diego. It got really horrible whenever I went to a birthday party and there were smaller kids running around.

I was sure I posted in here.

Very old (as in, pre-GT2, back in '99 old) nick I used was SlipStream289. It was because of my then top speed in GT1, using drafting ('95 Supra). When I joined my first forum (the now defunct gt.com boards), I decided to shorten it and "make it unique". So SlipZtrEm it was.

I was 13 at the time, so while it seems kinda stupid now, I've stuck with for basically all message boards, games, etc. I think I'm just known for it now. If you see the name elsewhere on the net, chances are it's me.

I was given the nickname "goose" a few years back by a frined of mine (now officially my other half) and it stuck. The username "goose" was taken pretty much everywhere, I adopted the online name of gooseter. I then wanted to change it to the Russian equivalent (гусы) but most forum software and most peoples computers don't fully support cyrillic fonts, if at all. Then I got talking to a member here (a112_abarth, now a112), who told me the Croatian equivalent (guska). So here I am, guska, and it has stuck thoughout the R31 Skyline club, however here at GTP people usually just call me goose.

You could always buy premium and change it...

Unless you are willing to pay for Premium, why do people choose a name based on a game they like, only to get bored of it 2 months later or a better game is released?

@gusta, that fake sig is friggin' annoying :grumpy:

Mine doesn't realy mean anything. I don't know how the hell I came up with Skid Mark 33. First I tried Superacer, already taken 'apparently'. Then I tried some other stuff. Thing is people get confused. They think because of my username that my real name is Mark, but infact it is not. My real name is Craig. Have I confused you enough yet, yep. Thought I had...

Back