What does your user name mean?

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 1,205 comments
I picked up mine when I first started playing Warcraft 2 on a LAN in college and have used it ever since. I first used it after someone thought they could get me with a surprise attack and I yelled down the hallway at him, "I'm gonna get you fool!"

The 79 is just my birth year to ensure that I get the username everywhere I go. This way friends from school and wherever that I have lost contact with know it is me on sight.

I was unaware that there was an actual FoolKiller comic book until just a few weeks ago. Sad really, considering I was a pure comic book geek until I was about 16.

This here, folks, is use of the search feature at its best. Take notice. 👍

As far as my username goes, well, to be honest, I had no idea at the time, way back in 2000, so I just used the first word I heard on TV at the time. Thought it was proper, but since everyone calls me PR nowaday, I might as well have to change it. I'm using it pretty much everywhere I go, which, erm, means about 3 forums. :indiff:

PunkRock

As far as my username goes, well, to be honest, I had no idea at the time, way back in 2000, so I just used the first word I heard on TV at the time. Thought it was proper, but since everyone calls me PR nowaday, I might as well have to change it. I'm using it pretty much everywhere I go, which, erm, means about 3 forums. :indiff:

You should get a great big vinyl and put it on the side of whatever car your about total now, and make it your trademark.

PunkRock
How did you know I used the search feature before I revived this thread????

kikie
How did you know I used the search feature before I revived this thread????

Simple deductive reasoning. If only two possibilities exist, one must be true. If people inherently take the least path of resistance, in your case a direct course to the information you wanted, than it is more probable than not that you used the search engine as opposed to methodically reading every thread title.

Or a crystal ball.

Well, my last name is Cobb and I was tossing around ideas for an AIM screenname during 7th grade Social Studies and came up with 'cobbinator,' but it didn't sound right so I decided to take out all doubt that there was more than one 'cobbinator' and became 'the_cobbinator.'

Mine is the callsign of British Airways flight from London to Washington I often take.

After I adopted it on a number of fora etc for use it was changed to BA293 because the 223 flight number had terrorist connotations.

The fact my avatar is of Concorde is of limited relevance to username.....it is a BA aircraft, flies (flew) to the US East Coast etc etc

Azuremen...

Derived from playing Counter Strike under the name Asurmen, which is a char from Warhammer 40k. Eldar, a legendary charecter and what not. A general all around badass.

However, no one could say the name right... It would come out "Asuraman," and so on. So I changed it to what I felt was a more phonetic way of saying it, Azuremen, since Azure is seen in the english language, and so it is Men.

Also, Azuremen is rarely registered anywhere, so I've been using the name for the past few years now everywhere... works quite well.

Its pretty obvious for mine.
I would have been just "McLaren", but the name was taken (With 0 posts. :ouch: ), so I settled for my favorite model.

I'm disappointed that more of the obvious folks have told us about there names. What about those with the more unique names? Those are what I'm interested in. I guess having a truly unique name is difficult, though. I thought Ookami was great when I played MechWarrior 4 online for a long time. Made it into one of the toughest clans (at the time and I sucked then, too--BAD video card, hard to shoot!), and I went on a hiatus for a while. I came back and the clan leader thought I had quit the clan cause someone named "Ookami" had been on the loose without clan tags! lol That was about the time I thought I'd change to a different moniker.

I've tried changing it to Setto, a character from my novel which is near completion, but...I've heard that this is the name of a character from Yu-gi-oh and got pestered by it a lot. How disappointing to have a bad ass protagonist be compared to something like...THAT! Eww....

RedWolfRacer
I'm disappointed that more of the obvious folks have told us about there names. What about those with the more unique names? Those are what I'm interested in. I guess having a truly unique name is difficult, though. I thought Ookami was great when I played MechWarrior 4 online for a long time. Made it into one of the toughest clans (at the time and I sucked then, too--BAD video card, hard to shoot!), and I went on a hiatus for a while. I came back and the clan leader thought I had quit the clan cause someone named "Ookami" had been on the loose without clan tags! lol That was about the time I thought I'd change to a different moniker.

I've tried changing it to Setto, a character from my novel which is near completion, but...I've heard that this is the name of a character from Yu-gi-oh and got pestered by it a lot. How disappointing to have a bad ass protagonist be compared to something like...THAT! Eww....
I read your post earlier. That "ookami" "okami" thing was funny! :D If I used an animal name, I'd like it to be "tora", but I'm more of an "kitsune". ;)

Ok... for those of you that don't know, I like Vipers. I've gotten a ride in one, driven one at Skip Barber and I had a Viper phone at one time. I wanted to get a Viper Flag, Viper Sheets, Viper Ties, Viper Wallpaper, Viper clock, Viper Shirts, Viper Socks, Viper Hats, Viper Sweat Shirts, Viper paper, Oh... I have a Viper light switch cover, Viper paper, Viper Books, Viper models, Oh... there's a great topic! I got pretty much EVERY Viper from Hotwheels ( Except for the ones they give out at Viper Club Meetings :grumpy: ), Viper pencils, Oh, I got a Viper Pen! :sly:, How could I forget Viper credit cards, Viper B-day Cakes, I got so many Viper Posters you really can't see the walls, :lol: I got a bunch of Viper pins, I did some Viper Drawings, At one time I had a Viper Key Chain but it was too bulky and got messed up. :( RIP poor Viper Key Chain... Some of the car detailer products have Vipers on them that's cool. :sly: I got all the Vipers in GT, GT2, GT3 and GT4 (actually, I got duplicates). Viper Stickers, OH DAMN how could I forget mah Viper Tattoos! ( They are temporary :grumpy: ) Did I miss anything?? :dunce:

VIPFREAK
Ok... for those of you that don't know, I like Vipers. I've gotten a ride in one, driven one at Skip Barber and I had a Viper phone at one time. I wanted to get a Viper Flag, Viper Sheets, Viper Ties, Viper Wallpaper, Viper clock, Viper Shirts, Viper Socks, Viper Hats, Viper Sweat Shirts, Viper paper, Oh... I have a Viper light switch cover, Viper paper, Viper Books, Viper models, Oh... there's a great topic! I got pretty much EVERY Viper from Hotwheels ( Except for the ones they give out at Viper Club Meetings :grumpy: ), Viper pencils, Oh, I got a Viper Pen! :sly:, How could I forget Viper credit cards, Viper B-day Cakes, I got so many Viper Posters you really can't see the walls, :lol: I got a bunch of Viper pins, I did some Viper Drawings, At one time I had a Viper Key Chain but it was too bulky and got messed up. :( RIP poor Viper Key Chain... Some of the car detailer products have Vipers on them that's cool. :sly: I got all the Vipers in GT, GT2, GT3 and GT4 (actually, I got duplicates). Viper Stickers, OH DAMN how could I forget mah Viper Tattoos! ( They are temporary :grumpy: ) Did I miss anything?? :dunce:
:lol: You forgot to meantion you've seen very Viper picture on the internet. :lol:

My name just means Gran Turismo. That stupid dot between the GT is there because the GT slot is already taken. :(

I knew I had posted in a thread like this before, so I'll just copy what I said there.

Me
Well to make a verrrrrrrrry long story short, when I was younger i created a character which i like to call my ultimate copyright infringement. basicaly he was me in personality, how I would like to be physicaly, and with the power of a Super Saiyan (dragonball Z) and two red Lightsabers. (star wars) His name was Inferno. i used him as a center point character for stories I would write, based on worlds from the shows and stuf I liked at the time. I started using the name in video games and since then it has become my username for just about everything.

My user name come from the days i spent playing games on the Amiga 500, a sprite as in computer graphic, quite simple really. and it has no conection to the drink or the mythical creature.

I was online, and my friend kept typing "menglan?" for no reason, he just made it up, and then he would type it to his friends at school, I'd do it as well, he and I would make 5 or 6 screennames just so we could type in "menglan?" to people even if we got blocked. :dopey: :dunce: Ahh, the wonders of 8th Grade....

I’ve never been a member of any forum and therefore never used a ‘callsign’.
So I didn't give it too much thought and I suck at remembering names.

I thought I’d pick my current car and use it as my member name.
I joined this forum recently and having started my first ever thread I’d believe [thread=67401]snowplough[/thread] :) may have been a better choice.

Signed
AMG_SLK

Diego is my name, of course, and since I tend to post on many Spanish-speaking forums and other internet stuff, just Diego is usually taken. The second part, since I'm a music buff, 440 is the frequency of an A note (440hz)... so, Diego440... it also went back to Apollo440, which was one of my favorite bands at the time I first started using this handle... ummm, around '98 I think.

Oh, yeah, and my avatar is me... or my shadow, rather

Back