What does your user name mean?

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 1,205 comments
YSSMAN = ICEMAN

Long story short, my friends and I were big Top Gun fans, and using a play on my last name, given that ICEMAN was my favorite character. So, it floated around for a while unused, and then I had mentioned it off-topic once in a Newspaper class in High School, and it has stuck ever since.

I love Metal Gear Solid games (I'm sure most of you know this). A 'solid lifter' is an engine part. This is a website dedicated to an automotive video game. Do I need to continue? There is a bit more.

Smoking Loon wine FTW!
smok0505.jpg

I love Metal Gear Solid games (I'm sure most of you know this). A 'solid lifter' is an engine part. This is a website dedicated to an automotive video game. Do I need to continue? There is a bit more.

Smoking Loon wine FTW!
smok0505.jpg

WTF!:lol: :cheers: Thats cool I guess.

YSSMAN = ICEMAN

Long story short, my friends and I were big Top Gun fans, and using a play on my last name, given that ICEMAN was my favorite character. So, it floated around for a while unused, and then I had mentioned it off-topic once in a Newspaper class in High School, and it has stuck ever since.
I don't know but your name always sounded like "YESMAN" to me...

My name is kind of like an enigma: AXL for "AXL" and ROSE for "ROSE"....kinda confusing I know but hey that's me!

The three spokes in the Mercedes Benz star stand for the engines used to power land sea and air machines in the companies early history.

And all this time I thought you were a big Navy SEAL fan...

My mom used to call me Keefers when I was little. It had the obligatory "-ers" and the simplification of everything else typical of baby-talk. I never understood why she couldn't just call me Keith. Fewer syllables, after all. So when I started getting into video games there became a need for a game name. I used KRR (my initials), but soon I realized there was nothing cool about those letters. I used many different names throughout the years in games, and had used keef in GT4, because it was just easier to spell every time than keefers. I used keef at this forum and since then it has been or has been present in every screenname I've had. Especially in videogames.

My name is kind of like an enigma: AXL for "AXL" and ROSE for "ROSE"....kinda confusing I know but hey that's me!
We are probably going to need a explanation from you, like every other week........ :P

Heh, might as well.

As most things go in my username land I tend to take completely separate obsessions and cram them together, and so as one acquaintance I knew put it I ended up with "a talking green dinosaur with a magic rod in a pink miniskirt".

Source material: Yoshi from the Mario series and the anime Cardcaptor Sakura.

I've vaguely grown out of it into other mostly not-related cute anime peoples, and as things go I'm rather glad that my name doesn't keep up with the addictions or else it'd be messy, longer than DQ's and far too Japanese for someone who's half-white.

And, uh, that's my story :)

That's how I read it too.

As long as its not an anagram of anything rude, you'll be OK. 👍

My name's explanation is so exciting, you'll fall off your chair...

Are you ready?

da from the first 2 letters of my first name, and an is the first 2 letters of my surname.

Told you. Sorry. You can get back up now.

Allianz as in I was looking for a new username to change my old one from and my model Williams FW26 was in front of me and it had Allianz all big on the engine cover.:D

Old names:
Ferrari F2007 because I fancied a change and the car had just been released.

Ashers because its a long standing nickname from school.

Ashley. Well, simple put its my name.

GT_Fan2005 because I am a Gran Turismo fan and it was 2005 when I joined.

It means I'm a fat ass that lives in Brazil. I wasn't a fat ass when I joined GTP but I'm kind of becoming one now... :scared:

YSSMAN = ICEMAN

I was actully wondering about your username earlier tonight.

Ricky Fitness is the superhero pseudonym of Richard Falomir, the drummer of one of my favorite bands - The Aquabats, who feature in my avatar.

I was Radicool02 - Back around the 7th grade I'd use "rad" occasionally, so when I made my email it would've probably had something to do with this... Incase you havn't caught on - Radicool02 was in my email and I decided to use it here as it would be easy for me to remember.

Most people who see it think the same thing. After an explanation, then its all "ohhhhh, I get it..."

Given that my last-name is Ysseldyke (pronounced ICE-el-dyke, Dutch, go figure), so thats where it kinda came from. Crazy Dutch folks and their crazy language.

...My German professor last year wouldn't even attempt to pronounce it, but shes not the only one. Given how many Dutch folks live in West Michigan, a lot of people can get it right away, others (usually Polish or German) do no. Go figure.

Mine's right underneath the username(a6m5).

As what's under your username now says "cha cha cha cha cha", would you care to explain again? I'm guessing something to do with large German saloons?

I'm sure I've explained before, but I can't remember where, so here we are:

When I was looking for a username for GTP, I happened to be reading Winnie the Pooh (feel free to giggle again Specialized :P)) and was playing Crash Team Racing at the time. Both had a character called Roo (a baby kangeroo in Winnie the Pooh, and a mad dog called Ripper Roo in CTR) and I didn't like the murderer conitations of Ripper Roo, so I shortened it to Roo.

I've used it on a few other forums, but now it's usually taken.

I discovered an unexpected benefit of a simple username when I met a few other GTPers last year - instead of being called Nathan, my real name, most people called me Roo all weekend. Easy to say (easier than daan, for example :D) and easy to remember.

Roo
As what's under your username now says "cha cha cha cha cha", would you care to explain again? I'm guessing something to do with large German saloons?
"cha cha cha cha cha".... sorry about that. :lol: I'm guessing my profile used to say:

Zero.

Pupik and many others thought my name meant this(from Pupik's actual post):

:lol:

I remember reading this thread 6 years ago.

Then I remember reading it again 2 years ago.

And in another 2 years I'll remember posting this.

And my nick is so painfully obvious.

There's actually a long story that goes along with it that I'm not going to get into. Because it's a bit lame and stupid.

If I were ever going to change my nick it'd be Deus Rex. Because that is so much cooler.

I heard that Speed Channel used my username as a show!! **** :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: I came up with the name TunerVision at exactly the year 2001 at January 27th...

EDIT: No, I didn't go on GTPlanet in 2001. I started at 2006.

Bubble Bunny. I heard it on some children's TV show and thought it sounded cool.

I signed up as Bubble Bunny because someone took the name "Dougboy" :indiff: I use Dougboy on every other forum and im known as Dougboy everywhere else (as you can see in my email).

I look forward to reading "Rameses Niblick III Kerplunk Kerplunk Whoops Where's My Thribble"s post in this thread. I have absolutely no clue what his new name means :dunce:

my name was chosen uninspired and not knowing i would not go five minutes without checking the forum in one year. if i had premium would switch it to Verwah. thats my accepted alias. its mostly my name without ah. another thing is lmracer is confusing. it looks similar to I'm racer. its actually LM Racer, but i dont punctuate when i type. i guess i kinda likes driving LM prepared production cars in GT3. i only drive close to stock production cars anymore. they just seem to be the most fun to drive.
[/rant]

Back in the day. Coming up with an interesting name seemed all too hard. And I have a habit of naming things after things I see when I'm trying to think of a name. (If I got a new dog I'd probably call it Sofa, or Doritos...)

Anyway, looked at the time and saw a good enough name that hadn't been taken.
dsc00503gs7.jpg

My now very old and nonfunctioning Casio watch. The source of my name. Just think how different my life would be if I hadn't of been wearing a watch that day?

Back