What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 6,143 comments
I finally played the HALO I wanted to play all along. When I got the "HALO: The Master Chief Collection," i started in "HALO: Reach." Silly me didn't realize "CE" in "CE Anniversary" is short for "Combat Evolved"- the very first HALO game! Anyhow, I played through a good bit of it and can see what has made it so popular and loved. The action is engaging and with a very good storyline. So now I see what has made HALO such a popular series playing the very first game. By the way, you can choose between the original HALO graphics and the enhanced graphics. I'm going with the original graphics for the original feel and because it runs a bit better.

Did get aliens dark descent on ps5, a pretty basic real-time squad game, but it gets you killed pretty fast.

Started on medium except enemy health on hard, and im on the 1st of 12 or 13 chapters and it's already kicking my butt haha, i like it, as long as its fair and i can adapt to it, we'll see.

It's pretty cool, they nailed the atmosphere of aliens 2 movie, with banter, like when you heal a marine, a female marine patching him says hang in there man, sounding like Vasquez pretty well hehe, music, sounds, looks, the lighting is moody, etc.

I just hope you get more tactical options, abilities later on, but it's about managing what you have i guess, deciding when to bail out, managing ammo, abilities points, marines stress etc.

It be cool if they did a star trek game with this, just add more convos with choices maybe, and ship action.

Last edited:
Let me tell you about Overgrowth. Overgrowth is an action game that also has some platforming to it. This game is the sequel to Lugaru. It allows you be this martial arts ninja hero. The game has an aesthetic of various animals ranging from rabbits, wolves, dogs, rats, cats, and more. You are Turner, this martial arts ninja bunny trying to save the land and its enslaved people from a cruel tyrant. Combat is rather intuitive and can be intense at times. There are elements where you have to jump high and far, wall run, wall jump, and more. Kind of like a ninja version of Tomb Raider at times.

As far as the modding potential goes, I haven't yet gotten a grasp of taking advantage of NPCs to set up fights or massive brawls. The Overgrowth package contains some sandbox levels for you to come up with your own objectives. Some even have you try to defeat one or multiple enemies. One of the levels takes you into this arena where it is just you and one or more enemies for you to defeat. If you defeat all the enemies in the match, your rank will be upgraded, and you will be facing more powerful enemies. The Courtyard Arena you enter can have you with either hand-to-hand combat or have you carrying a weapon in a match. This arena can be pretty fun. Think of this like a martial arts gladiator arena.

Started with Assassin's Creed Origins.
Looks like too big map for stealth game...
Didn't play franchise from AC1 and Altair.

I beat "Overgrowth" last night. This is the martial arts game that has an aesthetic of various animals. The protagonist, Turner, is capable of some great moves as well as jumping high and jumping far. The combat is fairly simple while also being exciting. The platforming you do can be pretty wild. At some points, you will need to learn how to wall run and wall jump (sometimes both at once) to reach newer heights. There are other stories included in the Overgrowth package. I may play its prequel, Lugaru, next.

Without giving anything away, I may start anew with an old friend and welcome a new one. Gaming-wise, of course.

Started a second playthrough of Cyberpunk 2077. I haven't played since it launched so all the patches and additional content add up to a much better experience this time around and playing on PS5 rather than PS4 like I did initially helps make things better.

Really into the game now, looking forward to trying the Phantom Liberty content... apparently I own the DLC but I don't recall buying it.

Last edited:
Started a second playthrough of Cyberpunk 2077. I haven't played since it launched so all the patches and additional content add up to a much better experience this time around and playing on PS5 rather than PS4 like I did initially helps make things better.

Really into the game now, looking forward to trying the Phantom Liberty content... apparently I own the DLC but I don't recall buying it.
Hey does your PS5 heating up a bit quicker when playing this compared to other games ?

Hey does your PS5 heating up a bit quicker when playing this compared to other games ?
I haven't noticed but I can check it out next time I play. Been on performance mode over graphics if that makes any difference.

I revisited an old friend- rFactor. Since I was at a loss as to how to play rFactor on my newer PC, and since the DVD version no longer can be activated normally, I figured I buy rFactor on Steam and start anew with it on Steam. I'll probably migrate a lot of my content from my previous rFactor experiences into this Steam version. Though, I'm sure if I want to be current, I have to find some way past the "insufficient video RAM" error that's screwed me over time and time again and as to why I've given up on rFactor 2 after lots of time trying to get past that error.

GP Bikes is a sim I have played before but as a demo. I now bought it on Steam, and then I bought World Racing Series. Both are made by the same developer- PiBoSo. Especially GP Bikes is regarded as the best motorcycle simulator. I just wish I could properly be able to ride a motorcycle in that game. It is very easy to dump your bike in GPB if you aren't careful. I will use both GPB and WRS as my own sandboxes to test tracks. I may need to do a lot more if I consider making vehicles, especially for WRS. If I get a bit more money and generate some interest, I may also get MX Bikes, which also may come with Kart Racing Pro from the same developer.

I finally picked up one of many shareware games a younger me played in the past. I got Nitemare 3D and got my first look at Episodes 2 and 3. People will say Nitemare 3D is just another Wolfenstein 3D clone. It is, but this game has some strategy to it and isn't so much of gun-down-everybody. There isn't even any blood in this game. I'll get a little nostalgia kick playing this one.

I revisited an old friend- rFactor. Since I was at a loss as to how to play rFactor on my newer PC, and since the DVD version no longer can be activated normally, I figured I buy rFactor on Steam and start anew with it on Steam. I'll probably migrate a lot of my content from my previous rFactor experiences into this Steam version. Though, I'm sure if I want to be current, I have to find some way past the "insufficient video RAM" error that's screwed me over time and time again and as to why I've given up on rFactor 2 after lots of time trying to get past that error.

GP Bikes is a sim I have played before but as a demo. I now bought it on Steam, and then I bought World Racing Series. Both are made by the same developer- PiBoSo. Especially GP Bikes is regarded as the best motorcycle simulator. I just wish I could properly be able to ride a motorcycle in that game. It is very easy to dump your bike in GPB if you aren't careful. I will use both GPB and WRS as my own sandboxes to test tracks. I may need to do a lot more if I consider making vehicles, especially for WRS. If I get a bit more money and generate some interest, I may also get MX Bikes, which also may come with Kart Racing Pro from the same developer.

I finally picked up one of many shareware games a younger me played in the past. I got Nitemare 3D and got my first look at Episodes 2 and 3. People will say Nitemare 3D is just another Wolfenstein 3D clone. It is, but this game has some strategy to it and isn't so much of gun-down-everybody. There isn't even any blood in this game. I'll get a little nostalgia kick playing this one.
Nitemare 3d was my first first-person game ever. I was totally mesmerized by it. Man those are some serious memories…

Finished with Horizon Zero Dawn story, 31 hours, 27 trophies earned.
I liked it, maybe more then GoW that I played just before HZD.

Next is Frozen Wilds...
The horizon franchise goes downhill after the first one imo.

Zero dawn was a 10/10 for me.
Frozen wilds a 7 and forbidden west a 5.

I’m personally done with the franchise. The entire appeal (for me) was uncovering the mystery of what happened.
And that was answered in Zero Dawn.

Sable - another PS Plus freebie i thought looked intriguing. Open world/sandbox with refeshingly different cell animation-style graphics. Different in that there's no combat dynamics and no death from falls etc. It's all very friendly, the game concentrates on exploration with a healthy dash of Shadow of the Colossus-like climbing. Aside from that there's the usual collecting/trading/upgrading you'd expect from this sort of game, yet most of the upgrades are purely cosmetics and those that are not provide little in the way of game enhancement. The missions are mostly what you'd expect from this sort of game too - 'find three of these objects for me', 'go and give x to y and bring back z' etc etc, but there are a few puzzle style missions too which breaks things up a bit. It's slow and relaxing and looks great visually, but for a game with such simplistic graphics the frame rate does slow to a crawl at times, although only ever briefly, but its a wonder you still get this on current gen machinery.

On the Nintendo Switch, I am playing: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Tears of the Kingdom, and Super Mario Bros Wonder. On the PC, I am playing Diablo IV. I picked up Cyberpunk and Battlebits on the Steam sale, so a few more games to add to the backlog.

Lately, been on abit of an MMORPG binge. Started with a brief stint of Bless Unleashed last year (Before the console version was discontinued November 30th) and currently these three games are what I have been playing:

TERA
Dungeons & Dragons: Neverwinter
Black Desert

Skyforge was another one but it got very repetitive and boring ontop of the presentation that gives the vibe that it's been rushed (Bad voice acting save for the guy in the tutorial, captions that don't match and speech sequences that either started over mid-conversation or just abruptly stopped).

Update: I'm currently In a very awkward dilemma with TERA. I've completed the story (Which is an accomplishment for me considering I didn't have that chance with Bless Unleashed), but I just...don't know what to do next. I'm not exactly into guilds or raids and frankly, I know absolutely nobody that is into it or even plays this game.

Meanwhile, I'm still going with Neverwinter and recently hit Level 50 (Technically, 51) on Black Desert for all six of my characters.

Still hoping to eventually have GT7...

Last edited:
Having fun with alien dark descent, still messing around in the 1st missions area, well after the prologue.
Just got also sifu, martial arts combat game.
I went thru the 1st chapter of 5, and it was so short i felt disappointed.

Im sure the other chapters will take longer from difficulty going up bit still, it's very basic level design, and short.

But, i started the challenges of arenas, which is a free add-on, it's really cool, and has lot of challenges, 125 i think in 15 arenas.
And each challenge is pretty different even in each arena, with different enemies, and style, not just a different timer, or points to get etc.

There's one in the style of the matrix, etc.
The combat is really well done, lot varied animations, and solid controls, and design.

Pretty cool.

Last edited:
Gave up due to frustration trying to beat the last mission on GTA 4 so started Half Life 2.

Haven't played HL2 since it originally came out so the aiming and mechanics takes some getting used to, had to drop the difficulty to easy to get past the initial part but now I've got the gravity gun things have clicked, game still holds up so well after all these years.

Think I'm in the third and final act of Mark of the Ninja now, it's a good game but life and other hobbies have stopped me from playing as much as usual so it's taking forever to finish it. I don't know what I did to unlock the non-lethal stealth suit (which lets you run silently and carry two distraction items but no lethal item or sword) but it's exactly what I wanted from the moment I realised the game otherwise forces you to carry a lethal item as soon as you unlock the first one, so it feels much more in tune with how I was playing now, which is to say non-lethal and as ghostlike as possible.

Started with Rise of the Tomb Raider.
Good first impressions, Lara is doing what's she's always doing...

18ced8dfe7988-screenshotUrl.jpg

Trying really hard to get into Baldurs Gate 3, but it's just not working.

Finished Talos Principle 2 a couple of days ago. 8/10

Started with Rise of the Tomb Raider.
Good first impressions, Lara is doing what's she's always doing...

View attachment 1317855

I find the rebooted TR games superficially impressive but kinda like a supermarket own-brand Unchartered. What I miss is the innocence of the old TR games, where you'd just walk into a tower along the Great Polygonal Wall of China and get your legs gnawed by blob spiders while trying desperately to shoot at them. That's my cup of tea that.

I find the rebooted TR games superficially impressive but kinda like a supermarket own-brand Unchartered. What I miss is the innocence of the old TR games, where you'd just walk into a tower along the Great Polygonal Wall of China and get your legs gnawed by blob spiders while trying desperately to shoot at them. That's my cup of tea that.
Sounds like Tomb Raider Remastered I, II & III, which comes out next month will be of interest to you then. 👍

Last edited:
I find the rebooted TR games superficially impressive but kinda like a supermarket own-brand Unchartered.
TR remakes is better game, Uncharted is better rollercoaster. My biggest problem with series is stupid plot. Was okish in 1, but 2&3 are baad.

Demon Souls. Planning on (trying anyway) to finish it tonight, with only one more major boss to go. Probably the prettiest game I have played, it does look properly next gen.

Might dip back into F1 Manager afterwards just for something a little bit less stressful.

Demon Souls. Planning on (trying anyway) to finish it tonight, with only one more major boss to go. Probably the prettiest game I have played, it does look properly next gen.

Might dip back into F1 Manager afterwards just for something a little bit less stressful.
Demon's Remake is the only From game I've ever finished (twice!), or even got close to be honest. One of my top games of the gen. Did have some help with the final boss, luckily my summon was someone very helpful, made the fight a lot more manageable.

I'm having a great time in Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, not only for the action pieces busting RDA bases never gets old, whether by stealth or arrows/guns blazing, or getting and flying my Ikran around but for the many details that you get here and there by completing side quests or just running around. Looks great on the Series X, performs very well in my basic gaming PC.

Demon's Remake is the only From game I've ever finished (twice!), or even got close to be honest. One of my top games of the gen. Did have some help with the final boss, luckily my summon was someone very helpful, made the fight a lot more manageable.
It's the fourth one I've finished (DS, DSIII, Bloodborne are the others). Honestly, I only found a couple of the boss fights to be super tough. The final boss, after reading and watching videos. I was able to do in one but he really made me nervous with his ability to drain levels off your character.

Think it is my favorite Soulsborne though, just because of how good it looks and it doesn't need as much time put into it as the others. Total playtime was just over 26hrs compared to almost double that for DSIII. Definitely do want to do another playthrough at some stage.

Civ 6, I've owned the game since launch with a few dlc but haven't played it for years. Last night I bought all the remaining dlc for around $60 on steam and got back into it. I prefer 5 because of the mods I had, but it doesn't work on my PC anymore for some reason.

Last edited:
Back