What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 6,117 comments
While I've got the PS4 hooked up. Decided to update and play a little bit of Fall Guys. Can confirm it still makes me rage like no other game. Hell, Demon Souls was less stressful.

Last edited:
That is one of the most relaxing games. It worked so well when I was on long conference calls.

I found myself playing it yesterday while waiting on a meeting to start.

Is it as frustrating as Viscera Cleanup ? Me and my mates bought that one thinking it would be a fun, relaxing co op game.

How wrong we were....

I’ve never played that game so I can’t give a comparison. As for Power Wash, it’s a very simple game but as you progress dirt gets tougher to clean off but you upgrade your washer to keep up with that.

This was it keeps progression steady and not too taxing. It can take a while to complete one job and if you have OCD, you may find yourself cleaning one set of items at a time rather than just spraying in a haphazard way.

I just put some sounds on and Power Wash till I’ve had enough, I don’t get the feeling I need to do one more thing etc. I can go to bed and rest.

I’ve never played that game so I can’t give a comparison.
Viscera Cleanup Detail, from what I recall, has awkward controls, a very "detailed" (I'd call it overly fussy) physics engine and the cleaning loop goes something like fill bucket with fresh water > pick up bucket > go to the bit you want to clean > stick the mop in the bucket > jab the dirty bits until the mop starts leaving mess behind > stick the mop in the bucket again > repeat until the water in the bucket is dirty > ACCIDENTALLY KNOCK THE BUCKET OVER OH MY GOD WHAT HAVE YOU DONE > hit alt-F4 for a fresh bucket

Last edited:
Viscera Cleanup Detail, from what I recall, has awkward controls, a very "detailed" (I'd call it overly fussy) physics engine and the cleaning loop goes something like fill bucket with fresh water > pick up bucket > go to the bit you want to clean > stick the mop in the bucket > jab the dirty bits until the mop starts leaving mess behind > stick the mop in the bucket again > repeat until the water in the bucket is dirty > ACCIDENTALLY KNOCK THE BUCKET OVER OH MY GOD WHAT HAVE YOU DONE > hit alt-F4 for a fresh bucket

Yeh, it’s nothing like that for Power Wash.

It’s basically a point and shoot with various washers and nozzle combos. You get a step ladder, full ladder and scaffold to reach places along with washer extensions etc.

No overly fussy physics.

Chipping away at Sea of Stars after giving up on Starfield, followed by Baldurs Gate 3 followed by Valhalla. Like AC Valhalla the most out of the 3, but the game just never ends…

Really looking forward to Rebirth next.

Early GOTY contender I think.

Last edited:
Chipping away on Sea of Stars after giving up on Starfield, followed by Baldurs Gate 3 followed by Valhalla. Like AC Valhalla the most out of the 3, but the game just never ends…

Really looking forward to Rebirth next.

Early GOTY contender I think.
Rebirth will be GOTDecade at this rate.

This is so accurate omg

That game nearly sever my group friendship 😂

Last edited:
I swimming in rubles 🤣 Biggest problem is that I am forever solo and game infested with duos.

Why all modern fightings looks like games from 2010, at best? Race for fps?
I think it has to do with technological progress. With more and more detail it is the little things that get added. In the early days the progress between itterations were entire shapes. Look at the way polygons almost disappeared with tekken 3 compared to tekken 2.

Now you see only better lighting and better textures between 7 and 8.

Last edited:
Spider man 2 - damn this is a good looking game, silly smooth too. One of the few next gen looking titles I have played on the PS5 so far.

Trek to Yomi for me, I love the black and white aesthetic but not so keen on the white subtitles that have no border, I've been struggling to keep up with what's happening. Fortunately I'm pretty sure it's just "some bad guys are trying to do bad things and I want to stop them" so far. I spent a while thinking it was too easy, then I got to a bit where you climb onto a rooftop then cross some bridges and on the way you fight 12 bad guys (including two of the tough guys) with no checkpoints, that took most of my morning commute to get through.

Trek to Yomi is good but I don't really understand the combat, sometimes I can charge in and kill everyone without taking any damage at all and sometimes the exact same approach results in the opposite. Sometimes enemies will tank a ton of hits and sometimes they'll die in two, the exact same enemies even on repeated attempts from the same checkpoint. Weirdly the most stuck I've been as been against a bunch of normal enemies in three places, I think I've been killed by a boss once.

Still, good story, I love the presentation (though the graphics and some animation aren't great, the black and white aesthetic and cinematic camera angles make up for it and make you feel like what you're doing is SO cool) and while wonky, or at least apparently wonky, the combat is fun for the most part.

I cleared the Dark War campaign in Rise of the Triad before. Now, I cleared it last night in Rise of the Triad: Ludicrous Edition. One simple thing you may overlook in the final stage of Dark War can be the difference between the good ending and the bad ending. I'm going to re-do Dark War basically to accomplish some Steam Achievements.

I now moved on to the "Extreme ROTT" episodes of ROTT Ludicrous Edition. Let me tell you- EROTT will unnerve you and induce you to rage quit. Extreme ROTT is an add-on featuring a bunch of levels that are entirely unfair to try to beat. Well, most of them. Just like the "Dark War" episodes, there are four episodes of EROTT featuring all four of the bosses from Dark War. I defeated two of the four bosses in the EROTT set. Sadly, that gives me nightmares of what EROTT will provide when I face the toughest of ROTT's four bosses- NME. Anyone who played ROTT and remembered fighting NME knows what the heck I'm talking about and how hard NME is to beat. Not to spoil, but when I was reading YouTube comments on EROTT, someone mentioned only one specific character can complete a certain obstacle in a very late stage of EROTT, and I'm not using (that character) currently. So... I may have to redo the whole EROTT if that comes true. Yay. Oh, well... I guess we aren't all Civvie 11 playing EROTT.

As for the exclusive campaign in ROTT Ludicrous Edition, I made some decent progress. The team that made the exclusive levels did a fine job providing a brand-new challenge. The most notable thing to me is that I finally saw one of the hidden things about ROTT. In only a select few levels, there are three balls hidden away that make up some of the Achievements of this game. These three balls have the letters of the ROTT development team- the Developers of Incredible Power, or DIP. These balls individually have the letters "D," "I," and "P" on them; and I saw one of them in one level. Sadly, I didn't know how to reach it until I saw a video. These three balls are in Dark War, so I'll try to collect those for the accomplishments.

Last edited:
If you like RC planes or have any interest in flying games / flight sims, and have a PSVR2, you have got to try Ultrawings 2. Apparently it was an accidental release or something like that. Didn't realize that till after I made these vids. It's the only thing that's pulled me away from GT7 for any length of time. Not sure if posting to many vids is considered spam but if so just delete this. Anyways, it's pretty great. Been playing with DualSense Edge but going to try with the VR controllers soon. I imagine it's in a pre-release state right now but they did put out one patch already.

Having a lot of fun with Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League right now.

Don't believe all the ******** you read: It's basically the opinion of 5 youtubers amplified by a bunch of people with no opinion of their own, which, sadly, seems to be common these days for any AAA release.

Relatively short sessions of World of Warships legends, GT7 and now suicide squad, which I only bought when I was working out how much a single ship in World of Warships would cost, seeing that would be the cost of an entire game and decided on buying suicide squad instead. It's pretty good coming from a destiny 2 player perspective.

"Better than expected, not as good as one would hope". It's a fair assessment. I'm having a lot of fun, but the game does need some more and more varied side content. Keeping in mind that Arkham Knight was removed from sale shortly after launch because of how bad it was in terms of issues, Gotham Knights had it's teething issues at launch as well, but both were largely fixed, so I'm fairly confident the kinks will be ironed out in a patch or two.

That said, if I hadn't watched the DF vid, I probably wouldn't have noticed some of the things mentioned. But I'm playing on an 8" screen on a handheld (you won't notice pixellation as quickly as on a PC monitor), and I know FSR2 is ****, so I'm not expecting a lot when I turn it on. :lol: But ffs, put FSR3 in, it's so much better.

Last edited:
Saints Row 4 and a heavily modified GTA 3. These games were the epitome of their respective series. Saints Row 4 was able to do wacky beyond wacky and defined the series whether good or bad you can't deny this entry. Same goes for GTA3. they are opposites but they take me back to a time when gaming was about having fun and not being a be a 'technical masterpiece' vomits as he thinks of RDR2.

Last edited:
I am playing the Leon Kennedy part in Resident Evil 2 on PC, ages after playing my last one (Code Veronica on Dreamcast). Compelling graphics, sound and lighting sure, but the gameplay feels ancient (endless fetching quests and item management is so 30 years ago...) Also, a replay of Horizon Zero Dawn, in preparation of Forbidden West on PC, my way of playing PlayStation games.

And RE2 is uninstalled. Antiquated and infuriating gameplay, so no RE games for me ever again.

Last edited:
  • Paper Mario Thousand Year Door
A remake for the Switch on the way didn’t stop me from picking up this piece of GameCube goodness for more than what a new AAA game costs. (pssst… Fire Emblem) But there’s a reason why this game is so valuable now and it’s getting the remake treatment: the RPG combat that perfectly blends turn-based strategy with action, combined with light platforming and puzzle-solving in the overworld plus well-written partners for Mario and NPCs and even bosses have me hooked… and I’m not even three chapters (out of 8) in!

• Forza Motorsport 4
I’ve already done a 100% playthrough of this one, but I’m doing another playthrough for the sole purpose of getting two (maybe three) lousy achievements: Exclusive Taste (which I’ve done, to which I sold the Aston DBR1 and Shelby Daytona immediately afterwards) and Ferrari Collector, and maybe Factory Driver if I’m willing to keep going with the grind. Working my way up the classes in the event list (currently on B-class) using Ferraris whenever I can has me at affinity level 26 so far. I love the game, but I’m not sure it’s worth going through it again just to see a number by my Xbox gamertag go up.

Bought Cyberpunk 2077 plus the Phantom Liberty DLC. Thought it was the right time to give it a whirl now they've ironed out the bugs and glitches.

First impressions are that its quite overwelming to begin with. Being a CD Projekt RED title i was expecting it to feel a lot like Witcher 3 but it doesn't really. For better or worse. I've got as far as the Relic heist and the following Johnny Silverhand attack, which feels to me like a long prologue to the main story. I've only skimmed the hacking aspect so far, but that and it's perk-tree seem pretty indepth.

It's going to be a while before i feel like anything other than a complete noob as its learning curve at this stage is pretty steep!

Last edited:
Bought Cyberpunk 2077 plus the Phantom Liberty DLC. Thought it was the right time to give it a whirl now they've ironed out the bugs and glitches.

First impressions are that its quite overwelming to begin with. Being a CD Projekt RED title i was expecting it to feel a lot like Witcher 3 but it doesn't really. For better or worse. I've got as far as the Relic heist and the following Johnny Silverhand attack, which feels to me like a long prologue to the main story. I've only skimmed the hacking aspect so far, but that and it's perk-tree seem pretty indepth.

It's going to be a while before i feel like anything other than a complete noob as its learning curve at this stage is pretty steep!
I dont know, i dont feel its that in depth, i played thru a lot of hours of non main mission content, etc, then, i advanced tthe story to about a little further than what you described, and was pretty disappointed by these main missions, very scripted, shallow gameplay.

I prefer up to that point just the messing around with side content, challenges, except it gets repetitive.
Also i noticed the progress is already at 25% of main missions, after doing basically nothing much in these missions up to the point you mention.

Anyhow, just my 2 cents, up to that point, but makes me not feel to continue on, especially main missions, and getting the dlc.

I bought Suicide Squad because I was in the mood for a looter shooter and I think I want to buy Helldivers as well because it looks fantastic.

I'm not playing it yet (no buying new games until I clear even a tiny bit of my backlog) but Helldivers 2 looks mega fun and is at the top of my watchlist.

I finished Sea of Stars. It's a good game that is very inspired by the golden age of the 16-bit RPGs, and here's hoping for a second part and more from its developers.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back