What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 6,212 comments
  • Legend of Zelda Echoes of Wisdom
I’ve been looking forward to this one since its announcement, partly because the series’ namesake is finally the protagonist for once. I’m pleased to report that she isn’t just Link in a new cloak, which hooked me even more after getting my hands on it.

Rather than swinging the sword, her gameplay revolves around spawning objects and even enemies at will, and that is seamlessly incorporated both in combat and solving puzzles. It’s important to think about how enemies interact with each other and the environment, and sometimes that requires out-of-the-box thinking. It’s an approach that I think works both as enticing to relative newcomers (like myself) and a welcome change of pace for Zelda veterans. I definitely recommend this one to the Switch owners here.
I have watched a bit of gameplay and it looks fun. It has a very similar vibe to TotK, but 2D.

• Legend of Zelda Echoes of Wisdom
I’ve been looking forward to this one since its announcement, partly because the series’ namesake is finally the protagonist for once. I’m pleased to report that she isn’t just Link in a new cloak, which hooked me even more after getting my hands on it.

Rather than swinging the sword, her gameplay revolves around spawning objects and even enemies at will, and that is seamlessly incorporated both in combat and solving puzzles. It’s important to think about how enemies interact with each other and the environment, and sometimes that requires out-of-the-box thinking. It’s an approach that I think works both as enticing to relative newcomers (like myself) and a welcome change of pace for Zelda veterans. I definitely recommend this one to the Switch owners here.
I got this game yesterday on a whim, I haven't been following it whatsoever and I didn't watch reviews or anything like that so I had no idea what the game would be like. I was initially a bit let down it wasn't just playing as Zelda with a sword, but then quickly got hooked to the new mechanics of spawning items and enemies. It's a bit of a puzzle game mixed into a Zelda world and it's very addicting to see which items/enemies work best in any scenario.

I suppose one minor complaint is that once you start collecting more and more echoes the selection screen becomes a little tedious to browse through. Maybe a grid layout would work better there.

Back