What have you done to your car today?

C.B.R.D called today and are starting to re assemble my evo, ordered some jdm interior and under hood parts. question to you guys
apr wide body
mitsubishi-evo8-apr-wide-body-kit-green-sema-2101-1.jpg

or do luck
5601444567_8ccfeb17bf_o.jpg

che69velle
C.B.R.D called today and are starting to re assemble my evo, ordered some jdm interior and under hood parts. question to you guys
apr wide body

or do luck

Is the Wide body really necessary?

I'd get a front carbon lip and also an Evo IX Rear bumper with the carbon defuser. It would look much better and a more updated look IMO.

Is the Wide body really necessary?

I'd get a front carbon lip and also an Evo IX Rear bumper with the carbon defuser. It would look much better and a more updated look IMO.

my evo will be putting out 900+ hp at the wheels so wide wheels are a must. and i already have the carbon lip and defuser its an 06 evo IX mr edition

Got new wheels for the 2 and installed them yesterday, but just took pics:

TRMotorsport C1M 15x7 by maximstensel, on Flickr

They're 15x7 +30 TRMotorsport C1s. Pretty agressive fit up front on this car but it's acceptable. I currently have the stock 185/55/15s on them, I'll be taking care of that as soon as I can.

I thought about getting those for the MR2, they look pretty good. Needs some low to get rid of the gap.

So it looks like there's some free play in this.

476377_452782328080762_100000469969143_1568020_402984107_o.jpg

Needs welded where all that purple paint is.

I thought about getting those for the MR2, they look pretty good. Needs some low to get rid of the gap.

Would you believe that this is AFTER an inch drop? It'd look nice lower, but I'm not willing to drop it more and make it less usable as a DD.

Got new wheels for the 2 and installed them yesterday, but just took pics:

TRMotorsport C1M 15x7 by maximstensel, on Flickr

They're 15x7 +30 TRMotorsport C1s. Pretty agressive fit up front on this car but it's acceptable. I currently have the stock 185/55/15s on them, I'll be taking care of that as soon as I can.

Those look good. I've decided to get GSR blades for my 2 with 205/50/15's if they'll fit. I haven't seen blades on a 2 before (for good reason lol) but I think they will look awesome.

How many miles on your 2? Mine has gotten noticeably lower after about 2,000 miles on the clock. I'm on the stock springs and I don't think it really needs to drop much more. Maybe you just need to break those springs in.

I took off the plastic engine cover on my Pilot, i initially took it off to see how to get to the spark plugs, but now im leaving it off.. Honda V6s are beautiful things

che69velle
apr is the same kit as the evo in tokyo drift

do luck is rm kit from gt5

The APR is quite old, so it'll look like an Evo 8 since that's what the front bumper is based on.
I'd go with the Do-Luck...unless it's the same story with that. :P

Edit: Does the Widebody include the bumpers? Because in the other post the picture had the Evo 9 bumper.

Those look good. I've decided to get GSR blades for my 2 with 205/50/15's if they'll fit. I haven't seen blades on a 2 before (for good reason lol) but I think they will look awesome.

How many miles on your 2? Mine has gotten noticeably lower after about 2,000 miles on the clock. I'm on the stock springs and I don't think it really needs to drop much more. Maybe you just need to break those springs in.

I've got about 3200. I have around 1500mi on the springs, but I got them used with 9000mi on them, so they probably don't have much settling left to do.

I like the ride height on them quite a bit, and it looks good with the wheels in person. Pics will always make wheel gap look worse since they're taken from a lower angle than you'd be looking at the car from in real life.

Yesterday I decided to use up some left over satin black caliper paint and repaint my turbo heat shield. I have to do these little jobs to keep sane you see, as I'm still waiting to do the bigger stuff as one tiny little part hasn't arrived yet and it is stopping me from progressing!

Anyway it went from this:
f64faeb4.jpg

To this:
d5532163.jpg

Will look good with the soon to be freshly painted cam cover and top mounted charge cooler.

The APR is quite old, so it'll look like an Evo 8 since that's what the front bumper is based on.
I'd go with the Do-Luck...unless it's the same story with that. :P

Edit: Does the Widebody include the bumpers? Because in the other post the picture had the Evo 9 bumper.

they are full kits, fenders, bumpers, skirts, 1/4 panel flares. and in case of apr kit front and rear carbon spliter/difuser. certain sites include wing and trunk in the package

Yesterday I decided to use up some left over satin black caliper paint and repaint my turbo heat shield. I have to do these little jobs to keep sane you see, as I'm still waiting to do the bigger stuff as one tiny little part hasn't arrived yet and it is stopping me from progressing!

Anyway it went from this:
f64faeb4.jpg

To this:
d5532163.jpg

Will look good with the soon to be freshly painted cam cover and top mounted charge cooler.

Strip/paint/seal those rusty bolts!

Fixed my central locking system in the Pickup. Turns out that the relais needs a ground, the drivers side motor wasn't connected, the main + wasn't connected to the fusebox, and on the passenger side there was a contact disconnected. Got all that worked out, but I have 1 question for those who are masters in 70's GM trucks.

Does the central locking not work with the key, only with the switches on the doors?

Resumed yanking parts off the Grand Prix. Took off the cold air intake, which was more of a job then it looked. The hardware was pretty rusty.

Also took out the PCM which resides inside the intake.

Had a suspicion this part was my problem all along. Notice how much these two parts rotate in respect to each other.

461834_455770897781905_100000469969143_1577531_1638336368_o.jpg

460329_455771107781884_100000469969143_1577532_202207720_o.jpg

So I got the column out.

459997_457078084317853_100000469969143_1581451_1597811000_o.jpg

And a friend took care of the rest.

479424_457332550959073_100000469969143_1582208_1759165789_o.jpg

Sort of related. Put a Caswell sticker and Gopro mount on my helmet.

416504_457362707622724_100000469969143_1582263_1204953612_o.jpg

So, I was driving my mum's 2001 Toyota Camry I4 around. I was driving carefully, and I parked it.

Come back later (Was at the park with some mates), start it up, and there was an issue.

Every time I would accelerate, the Engine would drop in power, for only a moment. It would shutter until about 2600 RPM, and then continue at 3000+. If I make adjustments to the throttle, either pushing harder or softer, it would shake/pause/cut-out even more.

Huh? What do I do? I told my parents, and they have told me it isnt my fault. But we aren't really in a position financially to be able to take it to the dealer or the Toyota repair shop down the road. The check engine light is on.

Help me?

And if theres a Car problems thread, please point me to it. I couldnt remember the specific name of it when i searched, and "Problem" is too vague for the search function.

hawkeye122
So, I was driving my mum's 2001 Toyota Camry I4 around. I was driving carefully, and I parked it.

Come back later (Was at the park with some mates), start it up, and there was an issue.

Every time I would accelerate, the Engine would drop in power, for only a moment. It would shutter until about 2600 RPM, and then continue at 3000+. If I make adjustments to the throttle, either pushing harder or softer, it would shake/pause/cut-out even more.

Huh? What do I do? I told my parents, and they have told me it isnt my fault. But we aren't really in a position financially to be able to take it to the dealer or the Toyota repair shop down the road. The check engine light is on.

Help me?

And if theres a Car problems thread, please point me to it. I couldnt remember the specific name of it when i searched, and "Problem" is too vague for the search function.

Could be an Air intake/Filter problem?

My parents owned a Chrysler Grand Voyager '07 and it used to cut power and sometimes refuse to start (it was only a year old aswell!)

Took it to the garage and they said that was the problem, and it was deflating or something overnight (sounds stupid now) I don't know if that was the problem but a replacement air intake and filter (under warranty so it was free) solved the problem.

Any reason why to put it on the helmet and not dash?

[EDIT] The GoPro that is...

I've usually put the GoPro on the roof or on the side of the car. I want a good POV, so I'm going to see how a helmet cam works out. Might also try it stuck to the inside of the rear window since that's just over my shoulder.

Eric, I see you have the color coded sockets, that's cute. How are they working out for you? :P

Did you get the column back in yet?

I have "better" 3/8" sockets, but got a set of 3/8" and 1/2" deep wall ones from Harbor Freight. That's all I've got for 1/2" sockets besides a few odd ones I've had to buy. Like $12/set, can't really beat it. And the colors are nice when you've got several of them on the ground while you're under the car.

Haven't started putting the column back in. Was out at Andrew's house for a while after he welded that for me, and then worked until six today, didn't want to spend the time. It'll be in tomorrow and I have all Saturday to make sure the steering wheel is on center and a few other things I need to do before the autocross.

I have 1 question for those who are masters in 70's GM trucks.

Does the central locking not work with the key, only with the switches on the doors?

Anyone?

And for today's job, I had to fix several things for the APK (MOT).

Tighten up the nut of the driver side steering ball-joint.
Tighten up a nut of the top control arm on the passenger side.
Clean up and rustproof the brake line on the rear axle.
Fix the warning light for my highbeams.
In addition to the blue light, I had to switch over the wires under the hood, as they were crossed. High was low, and low was high.
Get some wiring fastened down underneath the car, was dangling against the exhaust.

Not bad for a 36 year old truck.

Back