What have you done to your car today?

Had it MOT'd. 2 new front tyres, power steering leak (that it's had for 5 years and they've tried repairing twice) and CV gaiter needs replacing (that was done 2 years ago).

All-in-all, not bad on a 13 year old car. Oil and filter change next.

Brake tested it. Well actually my mom did, but I was in the passenger seat. Anyways...
There's a road we drive down every day on the way home from school; there's two lanes on each side, and a median with trees in it in the middle. Today, the outermost lane was closed off for construction, with actual construction happening; probably 8 workers there. So we're driving down the road at 50, maybe 55, and this beige Passat decides that this is the moment to enter the road from the left. And, it did so, slowly. Very, very, slow. I mean, crawling pace. Keep in mind, it decided to come onto the road right in front of us. So, mom slams on the brakes (we were in the Lexus, not the Mini) and slams on the horn, and the car just wallops over, rear end sticking way up, front end nearly on the ground. The Passat? Not even a reaction, really. It continues to slowly accelerate onto the road, as the black Lexus (us) behind it nearly rear-end it. Nice. The Passat later got out of the way, and we flew past. Dumbass.
So, the lesson in this? Don't slam on the brakes in an LS430, it stops like a frigate. :dunce:

hawkeye122
*Girl gets in my car*

"Do you ever clean it?"

Get home, vacuum is broken. Of course.

36 lint roller sheets later, and I'm fit to get all the ladies.

Haha I got reamed by my parents for not cleanings the minivan out before taking it for a car wash, they tried to pull the "treat it like you would your car" nonsense on me.. Except one problem.. Mine is kept so clean that it never needs a pre wash cleaning.. -__- I can't stand sloppy cars

Changed to rear brake shoes on my dirtbike, I can brake slide into the turns so much better now. :D

And does anybody know what most car valve springs are rated at in terms of lbs?
Because my Dad brought one home that was used in a drag car, it's 360lbs, and it was still floating the valves.

Maybe cooked my Jetta's 2.0. Was driving and the oil pressure light came on, I pushed the clutch in and the car immediately stalled. Just happened to be near my house I started it back up while it was rolling and got home, and it immediately stalled again, steam or smoke pouring out from under the hood. Grabbed my flashlight, open the hood, look around and found the bottom radiator hose blew off from the thermostat housing. I thought the motor was locked up for sure, but started it a little bit later and it started. Hopefully it will start tomorrow morning and I can just put things back together and it will be fine. Sucks, since I was trying to sell this car, I need it to work.

Installed the Cobb dual adjustable STS, front and rear bushings as well.

It's short, yep. It's tight, yep. The front bushing was in pretty good shape, but the rear was splitting and starting to come apart. Guess it was time.

Pictures to follow later on tonight.

Last edited:
Dumped the keg in...

2012-08-25_01-29-49_578.jpg

Nothing yet but I'm going to try to remove scratches using a scratch remover. Wax the car afterwards.

I hope I won't remove too much of the clear coat.

Let me know what works for you. I have done light scratches I'd love to get rid of.

I've heard good things about Pinnacle products: http://www.pinnaclewax.com/productline.html
It's working like it should be. I was afraid to remove too much of the clear coat and damage the paint even more but I didn't.

Now that I know how to do it, I'm going to try to remove all the scratches that can be removed with this scratch remover.
I got a mild (Spoiler, don't click if you don't want to know) scratch remover and use a very soft cloth.

Last edited:
The suspense was killing me and I had to click the spoiler link.... :lol:

Glad it worked out for you. using a different product/method but it is getting the light scratches and buff marks out. I ended up using a cutter/polisher product (spoiler inside) and my Porter-Cable orbital sander/buffer to get the job done. I bought one of those cheap buffers and they just suck. Maybe ok for waxing, but for buffing and polishing, the Porter-Cable is pretty tough to beat.

I still have some stubborn artifacts on my roof and truck that look like orange peel or heavy water spots that will not come up. I'll have my buddy at the body shop take a look at it to see if he can make any sense of it.

The other day I finally installed my race bucket and later this week I'll finish installing my new hub adapter, extension, and Momo Monte Carlo wheel.

Not boost. Fuel pressure. I don't like boost, especially with rotaries :P

A Dellorto 48 DHLA Side-Draught carb is way sexier than any turbocharger anyways.

Bu.but...:(

:lol: I should've realized that it didn't go quite high enough for a boost gauge, I assumed that it was just for low pressure turbos.

The suspense was killing me and I had to click the spoiler link.... :lol:

Glad it worked out for you. using a different product/method but it is getting the light scratches and buff marks out. I ended up using a cutter/polisher product (spoiler inside) and my Porter-Cable orbital sander/buffer to get the job done. I bought one of those cheap buffers and they just suck. Maybe ok for waxing, but for buffing and polishing, the Porter-Cable is pretty tough to beat.

I still have some stubborn artifacts on my roof and truck that look like orange peel or heavy water spots that will not come up. I'll have my buddy at the body shop take a look at it to see if he can make any sense of it.
Yep, Meguiar's is a well known and very good product but it's more for the bling effect and I don't want a bling effect. I was only interested in renovating the paint by removing the scratches and auto glym is cheaper.

If the paint job on your truck is beyond repair, why don't you plastiDip your truck?

Finally decided to just pre-mix on the 7. Bought the necessary parts to block off the OMP and now I will be adding 2 stroke oil to the tank every fill up. :)

Well, me and a friend went over to do some stuff last night. We had a battery charger hooked up, and all of the lights work. Pretty impressive considering she's been sitting for a few years. Basically, the only electronics that don't work is the sunroof.

484476_10152027987620012_1787089834_n.jpg

562796_10152027988655012_773661598_n.jpg

527934_10152027989170012_1482533595_n.jpg

561653_10152027989785012_30120680_n.jpg

We got the trunk open too, and found my corner markers, mirrors, and some mudflaps!

431018_10152027790750012_622062681_n.jpg

as of now, it's still in the PO parents backyard due to not being able to push it. Just need to gather some bodies to help push it so I can tow it.

I looked up and priced Rallye Red paint for my 2007 Civic LX Coupe, I brushed the bumper against a curb a month and a half ago and took the paint off it. I want it to look nice so I'm preparing to do the paint work myself since I can borrow the equipment from a neighbor.

Spent about an hour at this tonight, discovered why she wouldn't budge. Brakes are nice and tight on it, hub might be gone completely. Gotta go back tomorrow and try and see. Oh a plus note, the home owners came out, introduced themselves and gave us a better light to use (Was using my cell phones flash light)

Managed to get the brake pads off, and smack the caliper up. Gotta try and get it off tomorrow. Hopefully the rotors will turn with it off, if not... I need new hubs.

386110_10152034246520012_617537195_n.jpg

Recently I've installed my race bucket and steering wheel. In the process I broke the clock spring on my steering column so my blinkers don't turn off automatically. That's annoying.

Eunos_Cosmo
Finally decided to just pre-mix on the 7. Bought the necessary parts to block off the OMP and now I will be adding 2 stroke oil to the tank every fill up. :)

It's at much more reliable way of doing it, I think.

Keef
Recently I've installed my race bucket and steering wheel. In the process I broke the clock spring on my steering column so my blinkers don't turn off automatically. That's annoying.

I've been living with that in my GTFour since I bought it, I'm used to it now lol

I have a very small spot of rust on the bonnet of my car, about 5mm in diameter. Does anyone know of any decent home remedies to sort it out? The colour if you need it is Satin Silver.

Back