What have you done to your car today?

Cleaned it up for wet sanding the cracked and scratched paint. Will do that pretty much all day tomorrow haha, also bolted on some nice 'Pontiac' mudflaps. đź‘Ť
251115_415625091833491_198831234_n.jpg

This picture is very deceiving, the paint is in horrid condition. I will get pictures, or possibly a video of the before and after, maybe even a video of the wet-sanding process.

Indeed. Basically the only way to avoid it sounding horrible is to get an exhaust that makes little noise. Vibrant Streetpower, RSR Exmag, Megan OE-RS, ect. Although following the "the louder exhaust you stick on a automatic, the worse it's going to sound" rule of thumb, the best exhaust would be your stock one IMO.

I'd pretty much agree. It's not so much that it'd be a bad thing when you're beating on it but, well... I don't want to hear a 4 cylinder droning at stall speed when I'm just cruising.

Because I spent a good while looking for a Prelude SH and got uber frustrated with all the crap I was shown. The latest one was an hour away and in the call prior to my going out there for a test drive, the dealer neglected to mention that the clutch was toast, the exhaust smoked horribly, and the CEL and ATTS lights were both on. I saw this RSX somewhere else, figured I'd take it for a test drive since I've always liked the way these things look, and... well, I liked it well enough to buy it. No matter what car I would have bought at this time, I never had long-term intentions of ownership. I just wanted something to get me around while I re-build my H22 to put into another Accord. The transmission type wasn't terribly important, but I really wanted an SH. I just got fed up with the search; you might say I "settled" for this car. But I do really like it, so whatever. Part of the rebuild will include a Prelude manual transmission with an LSD, final drive, and probably an Accord 5th gear. The autos from this era were terrible.

Ehhh. If it makes you happy, I guess. I just don't see a point in planning an exhaust for a car that is:
1. A daily
2. An auto

nor do I see much of a point buying an auto when, from what I've seen from about half your posts, you hate the fact you've had one in the Accord anyway.

As for the exhaust choice, I wasn't aware the transmission had any impact on the engine's exhaust note... seriously, someone please explain how the tranny changes the way an engine expels gas. My auto Accord sounded excellent with the Magnaflow, whether I had the stock F22A or Prelude's H22A in. I saw a video on YouTube of a base RSX with nothing but that Skunk2 and I liked the sound. They're smaller for the base model than for the Type-S. But like I hinted with the "so far," I'm still looking into the exhaust. It wouldn't come for a while anyway, the H22 takes priority, as do some handling mods for the Acura. It doesn't appear Vibrant makes a kit for the RSX though.

It doesn't change the exhaust note, but it does change how the car sounds. An auto under light throttle is a pretty much constant drone (at light throttle I see a range of, eh, 400rpm from 5 to 45mph in the 6 at most) versus a stick breaking it up a bit with each shift.

I found out today upon an inspection that both my ball joint boots have disintegrated from 13 and a half years of exposure to the elements. đź‘Ž The ball joints themselves still seem tight, but I'm having the front end checked out tomorrow just to be sure.

It turns out that both ball joints needed replacement. Upon removal, both joints had chunks of metal missing out of them. :scared:

Took the fenders off the Amazon today.
Each one still had one rosted unscrewable screw holding them. Had to cut them out.
No place for the big saw, so I took the dremel.

40 Minutes later I had them off.

Took a 1000 pics to make a 40 seconds timelapse vid of it :lol:

Ehhh. If it makes you happy, I guess. I just don't see a point in planning an exhaust for a car that is:
1. A daily
2. An auto

nor do I see much of a point buying an auto when, from what I've seen from about half your posts, you hate the fact you've had one in the Accord anyway.

Re: 1. A daily needs an exhaust, imo, because driving in traffic is boring. A nice noise makes it a bit of fun, and the Accord was fun in traffic.

Re: 2. I never got a drone out of my Accord's Magnaflow, so I always enjoyed the sound. But then it was a proper-sized muffler with stock-diameter piping and not a cannister like most cat-backs give you. I may just do the same setup for the RSX to see how I like it.

I've since placed orders for window tint (there's basically zero on my windows now) and replacements for some worn interior bits, they should be here Monday. An 'Integra' badge came today, I know I'll get attacked for that move too, but screw you all: I can't stand cars with random numbers and letters for names.

I hated that the Accord was automatic because I was hard on it and wore out two transmissions. I was fine with buying another for a couple reasons. One is that I've always preferred them in traffic, where I don't care about what gear I'm in. The other is that I just don't take cars as seriously as some of you seem to. Yes, they're my greatest interest in life, but they're not all sports cars and for me a manual just isn't necessary when all you want to is get to work. I don't have sporting intentions for this car, getting too caught up in modifying it is just going to take away from my engine build. There are a couple things I want to do to make it look nicer, that's it.

What have I done to my car today? With the exception of the main mounts, the engine in my Accord is now completely disconnected from the chassis. As soon as I can find a couple hours I'll pull it, put it on a stand, and begin collecting new maintenance and power parts to bury it in.

Replaced a broken headlight. I only noticed until I was installing it that the headlight I bought was for a different car. :lol:

P1060197.jpg

Fail.

Yesterday I drove it over my pit and set about painting the chassis with POR15.

Anyone who knows anything about POR15 knows that it is amazing stuff, my dad used it on his car's chassis 13 years ago and only had to repaint it this year, no rust after all that time...

Anyone who knows anything about physics, knows that liquid and most other substances fall to the floor via a thing called gravity, so yeah I ended up covered in black paint as it dripped off of the chassis.

Had a shower, and in an attempt to get a rather large blob of paint off of my arm, I sand papered it off and now instead of paint I have a large burn on my right arm.
It is stinging and has gone all sticky.

Today, I will wash it.

Me and my dad re-installed the front bumper on my mum's Ford Falcon XR6 after getting it back from being repaired. What a mission that turned out to be! :lol:

Tinted the windows on the RSX 20% all around, including a windshield banner. Driving around, it feels like my car is wearing a hat.

Finally got time to pull the H22 out of the Accord. Hoping for about 230whp from the rebuild, I can't wait to get started.

Final-H22Removal_zpsac17de7a.jpg

Final-H22Removal2_zps1bfb56cc.jpg

jacoja06
Replaced a broken headlight. I only noticed until I was installing it that the headlight I bought was for a different car. :lol:

Fail.

:lol: Does it actually work? It's a very subtle gap so it actually looks like it belongs on the car. I'm guessing you have the real one by now though.

Had an '08 Dodge Ram 1500 come in today....needed new shocks and front struts. And the truck is like brand new....

Shoulda bought a Ford =P (I had too lol)

^ Proves my point that new vehicles aren't nearly as good as the old stuff. My friend who works at an auction saw a '04 or '05 Mazda 3? or something that was burning so much oil they couldn't run it inside the auction area. :lol:

Anyways this is what's been up with the Ponti.

I was trying this trick I've heard about; Turns out it's %100 true and works excellent! :)

Depends on the owner, really. Guys buy trucks thinking they're indestructible and proceed to beat the crap out of them. Enough off-roading will blow shocks in no time. And unfortunatey there are many people out there who don't properly maintain their cars, they're driven hard, and of course things wear out. Do you guys remember what kind of mileage these had?

Depends on the owner, really. Guys buy trucks thinking they're indestructible and proceed to beat the crap out of them. Enough off-roading will blow shocks in no time. And unfortunatey there are many people out there who don't properly maintain their cars, they're driven hard, and of course things wear out. Do you guys remember what kind of mileage these had?

I'll look Monday. But from what I've seen, it's been through a lot of fields after pulling some milkweed out of parts. Don't think it's very high though.

Then again, mine was beat the hell out of for 26 years...Just goes to show nothing is built like they used to be.

Slashfan
I'll look Monday. But from what I've seen, it's been through a lot of fields after pulling some milkweed out of parts. Don't think it's very high though.

Then again, mine was beat the hell out of for 26 years...Just goes to show nothing is built like they used to be.

Now things are built to break down so the consumers have to spend money to fix or replace stuff. Good way to make money.....

Now things are built to break down so the consumers have to spend money to fix or replace stuff. Good way to make money.....
Speak for yourself. I work at Hyundai and it seems I might as well be a lube tech nowadays. And even that's going down the drain with all the longer lasting transmissions fluids, coolant, spark plugs, ect that they come with now.

Speak for yourself. I work at Hyundai and it seems I might as well be a lube tech nowadays. And even that's going down the drain with all the longer lasting transmissions fluids, coolant, spark plugs, ect that they come with now.

Yeah, only thing that has needed work on my Civic thus far was loosening and re-torquing the steering gearbox. And I did that myself. 53k miles, a couple years of autocross, and I don't even need brake pads.

A given dealer will work on any car of the same make. They may be willing to work on other brands. Doesn't matter where it was bought.

Oh goodie. My ES300 has a power steering leak.

On topic:
I l=jacked up my car, and under the passenger side frame, it is soaked in power steering fluid.
I have no idea whats going on.

The 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 had 58,000 miles on it. It's been offroad a lot, the guy is a farmer.

Got the fronts struts off today. Finished the rear shocks Friday, put my favorite brand on (Gabriels). Got the fronts off, replaced the shock itself and put it back in the spring. Tomorrow is reassembly and out the door it goes. Only have 2 hours to work so getting both sides off and replacing the shock itself wasn't too bad since we did run into an issue with a bolt not sliding out of a hole (the bottom bolt where the strut connects to the control arm).

My daily is currently at the shop getting the clutch master and slave cylinders replaced. I'm sitting at a Starbucks down the block working and waiting while they do the replacement.

Back