What have you done to your car today?

Spent about 2hrs in total doing a hand wash and interior detail. Its amazing how many flaws go unnoticed until you hand wash and then suddenly every peeble, dirt ball, and bird poo has and epic affect on the cars finish. Im just glad the interior cleaned up as well as it did.

Call me crazy but I tidied up the brakes and undersealed one side of my 88 Bluebird.

229315_10151151561643119_521460287_n.jpg

404717_10151151561768119_809883614_n.jpg

I busted in on my old Audi again. Got the injectors pulled and tested, changing the fuel lines tomorrow, and cleaning connections... Again. Maybe I'll get it running this time.

Swapped this....

IMG_0281.jpg

For this...

IMG_1208.jpg

IMG_1215.jpg

My new company car - the Mondeo reached the end of its 4 year lease managing 173,000 mainly trouble free and very comfortable miles, and I decided on a Citroen DS5 to replace it.

It's a 2.0 hdi 160, in mid spec 'DStyle' trim, with upgrade to full leather.

650 miles in 5 days so far and other than a non-functioning USB port, I'm loving it. It's not as pokey as the Mondeo (smaller engine, heavier car - may get it remapped - to 200bhp - once it's run in), but the interior is just a lovely place to sit and while away the miles.

Still have the Porsche, though it's 'in the shop' at the moment as the gearbox is fubared... waiting to hear the diagnosis and cost :nervous:

Not mine, but my friend's. Changed the spark plugs on his '93 Probe V6 to fix a misfiring issue. I thanked pretty much every deity in existence (sans Xenu) that Ford used a narrow-angle V6 in that car.

My new company car - the Mondeo reached the end of its 4 year lease managing 173,000 mainly trouble free and very comfortable miles, and I decided on a Citroen DS5 to replace it.

👍 Absolutely fantastic looking car.

________

My brakes were juddering pretty badly thanks to a warped disc, so I replaced the pads and discs on both sides. Swapped the front and rear wheels around too.

Last few days:

- Bought an engine stand for the H22. Mounted it.
- Bought a used carbon Type-R replica spoiler online for the RSX.
- Fel-pro bottom end gasket set for the H22 came in the mail today.

👍 Absolutely fantastic looking car.

You have a good taste in cars, Stotty. That DS5 looks really awesome. 👍

Thanks guys 👍

I'm starting to understand the car a bit more - by the time I get home tonight I'll have covered 1,800 miles in 2 weeks.

It's not really a drivers car - it's not something you'd take out on a Sunday morning just for a drive - though it will hussle down A roads with a reasonable amount of driver enjoyment. Where it's really good is on the motorways (where it will cover 40k miles a year and spend the vast majority of it's life)... it's one of the most refined cars I've ever driven... at 90mph it's almost completely silent (no engine noise, very little wind noise and only rough surfaces cause tyre noise)... very impressive.

The only citicisms I have so far are the ride is a bit rough on poorly surfaced urban streets and rear visibility is pretty rubbish (the spolier runs throughh the middle of the rear screen)... oh, and I haven't cracked 40mpg in it yet, despite driving it 'relatively' gently.

Took my car to the car body shop this morning. There is some rust that has to be taking care off. Luckily it's still under waranty eventhough my car is 10 y.o..

My Accord was finally towed away today, I got $200 for it with the stock engine in the trunk. I was honestly kinda sad after that thing left, I need another. I've always toyed with the idea of putting my engine build into a CR-X or Civic hatch since I love their small size so much (cheap alternative to a classic Mini, I suppose), but not anymore. It's pathetic how I pine over all the granny-driven Accords in town. I have odd taste sometimes, I know.

2012-10-09_14-34-20_100.jpg

Enkei PF01 in 18x8" (235/40/18). Got a pair for cheap and they fit the fronts better than the 18x9.5" (265/35/18) Enkei GTC01's which are still on the back.

ZohsixGT5
Installing HIDs tonight, will post a pic when finished.

Awesome, the stock lights suck hard. I found a brand of HID bulbs made by John Deere that were specifically made for GM that work for C5's. They are half the cost and very good quality. I'm going to get them in the near future.

I found a 6000k kit for $70. Good reviews from everyone on the board. I would link you but I'm on my phone. They are from one of the vendors on Corvetteforum.com, corvettemods.com I believe.

ZohsixGT5
I found a 6000k kit for $70. Good reviews from everyone on the board. I would link you but I'm on my phone. They are from one of the vendors on Corvetteforum.com, corvettemods.com I believe.

Nice, give me your review/pic when you're all finished I may go that route.

Nice, give me your review/pic when you're all finished I may go that route.

Here is the finished product. Obviously my camera phone doesn't exactly do them justice, but you get the point. They were much more of a PITA to install than I had hoped. If I had just taken the headlights out of the car altogether it would have been faster (about 6 bolts). You can only get one hand behind the headlight when it is up, making it difficult to move everything where it should go and zip tie it. And then you have to test it a bunch to make sure nothing gets pinched when you close the headlights. I did one headlight last night and the other today at lunch. So far it looks great and completely changes the look of the car. And I can actually SEE at night.

Nice! Those look similar to to Work CR Kai wheels... in fact almost exactly the same and probably for less money too.

Works:
180_full.jpg

👍

Very nice. Wonder if those would come in a bolt pattern/offset for a WRX? :sly:

Have a friend with PF01's on his 04 STi, he's running 18x9.5 +40, and does clear stock Brembo's.
Also cleared his Project U "Mu" 6-Pots!

Nice! Those look similar to to Work CR Kai wheels... in fact almost exactly the same and probably for less money too.

CR Kai's do look similar but have a more concave face then the PF01's. If you ever see both wheels side by side you'd notice it. These two were lightly used and dirt cheap. Drift beaters I suppose, plus better fitment instead of jamming a 18x9.5" up front on 265's. Do prefer the PF01's to the GTC01's, S chassis I don't think ever catered to wheels with lots of spokes. Plus it's sorted all the issues of wheels hitting crap at full steering lock. Time to go lower until crap starts hitting or rubbing again.

GTC01's on the rear in 18x9.5" on 265/35/18's, dual valve stems FTW 👍
2012-10-02_15-43-43_429.jpg

If they would've fit better the MS-1's would still be on. Fitment for widebody 350Z/G35 does not fit so well on S13 with only +20mm wide front fenders and stock rear fenders 👎
2012-01-19_20-16-35_646.jpg

Then again this car is built on FREE.99's plus lots of deals from homies. And of course the barter system :)

Last edited:
Have a friend with PF01's on his 04 STi, he's running 18x9.5 +40, and does clear stock Brembo's.
Also cleared his Project U "Mu" 6-Pots!
Enkei site doesn't list 9.5" with the 5x100 bolt pattern, are you sure?

Anywhos, I'm glad I saw your post. I love the look of the CR Kai wheels on the STIs, but I wasn't ready to spend ~$2000 on wheels right now, and the PF01 wheels are significantly cheaper and look similar. Unfortunately the PF01s aren't available in the color I want, but I can get them painted I suppose.

^ And the results were...?

This in stock, non-HID housing? Looks annoying, there are several cars in town doing this and it sucks driving in front of them. Get a real retrofit.

And Imprezas on PF01s:

DSC_1305.jpg

pf01_01.jpg

Me, I ordered an Ishino/Stone top-end gasket set for the H22 yesterday and they arrived today. Standard shipping too, that's impressive. Some searching said they were the OEM suppliers, so fingers crossed the head gasket is Honda-tough! There was a mix-up with the shipping of the RSX's Type-R wing, so I'm still waiting on that. At least when it does arrive, I should be able to get it painted right away.

SPhilli911
Enkei site doesn't list 9.5" with the 5x100 bolt pattern, are you sure?

Quite positive as I remember picking them up for him, we were concerned about brake clearance. Anything Enkei "Race" you can custom order bolt pattern, center bore, and offsets within reason.

HELLAFLUSH240SX
Buy original.
CR Kai and PF01 both probably weigh within a pound of each other. Both made in Japan, both cast 1-piece. I could really care less about having them say Work. In my opinion so should anyone else considering either set coming from a quality or performance aspect.

Varrstoen gets bagged for knocking the Volk TE. Weapon R and 50 other companies did it 15+ years ago. Racing Hart would come out with a new wheel, then *poof* Axis Wheels would copy it. SSR, Enkei and BBS all have/had multiple basket weave mesh wheels that look strikingly similar. Nothing new about clones or similar wheel designs.

I put a new muffler on my Town Car. The old one rusted off and was so loud and now you can't even here it. Such a nice riding car.

Back