What have you done to your car today?

Quite positive as I remember picking them up for him, we were concerned about brake clearance. Anything Enkei "Race" you can custom order bolt pattern, center bore, and offsets within reason.

That I did not know. I'm going to look into these wheels more, thanks!

PF01s don't look like CR Kais anyway, so why are we on this subject?
We are on this subject because they do in fact look the same. Did you read the above posts at all? :sly:

We are on this subject because they do in fact look the same. Did you read the above posts at all? :sly:
They're both a double 5 spoke design, but I can easily tell them apart without anything more than a quick glance. It seems someone implied that the PF01 is a knockoff of the CR Kai, and it absolutely isn't.

They're both a double 5 spoke design, but I can easily tell them apart without anything more than a quick glance. It seems someone implied that the PF01 is a knockoff of the CR Kai, and it absolutely isn't.
I must have really bad eyesight because I'd need more than a quick glance to tell you the difference. :crazy:

Anyways, I don't think anyone said they were knockoffs. I was excited at the fact that I could save some money getting the PF01s over the CR Kais, while still having the same basic style.

Why are we still talking about this? :dopey:

Got out the old T-Cut earlier, in an attempt to get out the scratches from the shoes of my poor cars attacker :( (some drunken fools decided to climb on my car, smash the windscreen, rip off trim, with numerous scratches here and there)
Luckily they were only surface scratches so most of them come out, but there were one or two deeper ones.
And tomorrow the windscreen is being replaced, it's only setting me back £75 but still, a very very very unwelcome expense.

Quick question: does waxing and polishing my car help prevent surface scratches?

Got out the old T-Cut earlier, in an attempt to get out the scratches from the shoes of my poor cars attacker :( (some drunken fools decided to climb on my car, smash the windscreen, rip off trim, with numerous scratches here and there)
Luckily they were only surface scratches so most of them come out, but there were one or two deeper ones.
And tomorrow the windscreen is being replaced, it's only setting me back £75 but still, a very very very unwelcome expense.

Quick question: does waxing and polishing my car help prevent surface scratches?

Yes polishing and waxing does help a bit. If you want to remove scratches you should get some 2000 water paper and some good cutting compound as T-cut isn't great. With good compound and a polishing machine, you can remove the scratches left by the water paper, also use lots of water.

Yes polishing and waxing does help a bit. If you want to remove scratches you should get some 2000 water paper and some good cutting compound as T-cut isn't great. With good compound and a polishing machine, you can remove the scratches left by the water paper, also use lots of water.

Thanks for the tip, where can I pick up some 2000 water paper? Google isn't really telling me much.

But it seems as though t-cut has done the job this time.

Thanks for the tip, where can I pick up some 2000 water paper? Google isn't really telling me much.

But it seems as though t-cut has done the job this time.

You should be able to pick up the water paper and compound in any motor factors. But don't use the water paper unless you get good compound first. If you're not confident, you could go to a car painters and they will do it for you, as you can rub through the paint if you're not experienced.

If the Tcut worked that's fine, you don't need to use the water paper, unless the scratches are fairly deep.

I washed and waxed my car yesterday. 👍 Unfortunately, my waxing exposed the peeling clearcoat on the front and rear bumper covers even more. 👎

Got it back from the body shop. No more rust.

I've been thinking of using a clear bra to protect the new paint.

Stripped the exterior parts of my H22. I also attempted to remove the 'Acura' and 'RSX' badges off my daily. After trying three different brands of adhesive remover (3M giving the best results) and the ultra-fine sanding pads from a headlight resto kit, there are still very faint outlines of the letters :ouch:

More teardown. Took photos this time.

H22BUILD-Teardown1.jpg

H22BUILD-Teardown2.jpg

H22BUILD-Teardown3.jpg

H22BUILD-Teardown4.jpg

H22BUILD-Teardown5.jpg

One source told me open decks were only a USDM thing. Another said all OBD1 blocks were closed deck and all OBD2 blocks (which I've got) were open. I was quite happy to find a closed deck.

Hopefully tomorrow the oil pan will come off, and the crank and pistons out.

Yet it's 200bhp stock, and that's not even the top-spec motor. A few of the Japanese models came with 220. I love it.

Ford's my other love, but unfortunately I haven't owned one yet. Huge Mustang fan. Your sig's still funny though.

Last edited:
I'm sure if you open them heads up a bit you'll make mad power XD

Yeah I laughed when I read it myself.

... what?

Anyway, this thread is for talking about what you've done to your car today. Do share, now I'm all interested in what you've got that makes you feel like such a boss compared to an engine with some actual engineering behind it.

Well I haven't done anything today but a lot of guys know about the 351W I got in my truck. I'll have it dynoed again right after I fix the floor but its a '75 351w, decked to '69 height, .045 over, purchashed wisecos but got rid of them for custom 8cc dish pistons with valve reliefs, 400m crank + rods and a notched block, msd blaster box and blaster 2 coil, '69 boss 302 4bbl intake with custom adapters with 2 plugged ports and re routed water jackets, holley 650 4 bbl vacuum secondaries with automatic kickdown, rv cam, milled and drilled '69 302 heads with 58cc chambers, custom valve port job 1.94 intake/2.02 exhaust, accel 14mm plugs and wires, edelbrock chrome top with a heat shield and K&N paper filter, 2 inch spacer, balanced everything and has a 28oz harmonic balancer and 28oz 157 tooth flywheel, was recently told its got 9:1 compression vs the 8.5:1 I originally thought (wish it was 12:1 but I'll never see those 302 heads), etc

Just needs headers now but we did smooth out the manifolds and put a fresh set of ROL 2 1/2 inch pipes on it. Ground out thermactor bumps, ran a v-belt with no smog/emmissions or AC. Probably forgot something but I can't think of anything else.

The only thing I wished we would have done was convert it to roller rockers but we never did. Runs nice and strong though 👍

Last edited:
Wow, I am woefully uneducated on domestic mods :crazy:

My plans for internal work aren't so extensive. Brian Crower Stage 2 cams (the wonderful thing about VTEC is that I can keep my stock idle cam lobes, while these just beef up the VTEC lobes - which you don't really drop out of in a race), increase the stock 10.6:1 compression to 11.5:1, and of course stronger rods and valvetrain to support them. Otherwise it's just freer-flowing intake and exhaust parts, and improving the fuel supply. Still thinking about porting the head. I've seen these kinds of upgrades good for the rough 70whp or so I'm looking for.

Didn't notice how crap the condition of my headlights were until I replaced them with new ones today. They look amazing!

P1060215.jpg

...And I ripped the back off. Yes, that oil is from my car. 👍

P1060211.jpg

Wow, I am woefully uneducated on domestic mods :crazy:

My plans for internal work aren't so extensive. Brian Crower Stage 2 cams (the wonderful thing about VTEC is that I can keep my stock idle cam lobes, while these just beef up the VTEC lobes - which you don't really drop out of in a race), increase the stock 10.6:1 compression to 11.5:1, and of course stronger rods and valvetrain to support them. Otherwise it's just freer-flowing intake and exhaust parts, and improving the fuel supply. Still thinking about porting the head. I've seen these kinds of upgrades good for the rough 70whp or so I'm looking for.

What I posted really isn't even that impressive as to what it can do lol. 70rwhp seems like an achieveable number.

^ fwhp. Though there is a guy up in Wyoming trying to swap an RB25DET into one of these Accords using either a 240SX or 300ZX (can't remember which off hand) rear end. It'll definitely be ineresting if he ever finishes.

You need NAAAWWSS! You need a N.O.S fogger system, along with direct port nitrous injection and a motec system exhaust.

No, man. Spoon engine with a T66 turbo! :scared:. All that compression combined with a turbo? Siiiiiick.

Last edited:
Bought another couple of stands so I could also raise the rear of the car up. Mounted up the overflow for the charge cooler. And that's how it's going to stay until Feb, when I get back and wire in the ECU and send it off to get tuned.

94D2E3C0-00E1-45CD-88DB-0F720AE2F662-3197-000002B7DC81FF53.jpg

5D71768F-537A-44AA-8CCF-0AD8B4468CD2-3197-000002B7E945F73B.jpg

1BC1470F-DB71-455E-822B-0A15DB4F2DF4-3197-000002B7F10B65D1.jpg

^ It's such crap we didn't get the AWD Celicas in the States. I've always loved your car.

My bad mike. What I meant by "heads" was "head" with a typo and I was referring to porting it out. Guess no one caught it.

It was obvious what you meant, at least to me, it just sounded like you were making fun of me. ... when import engines aren't the ones needing so much work to make decent power

Today I got more done with the teardown. The crank pulley bolt was giving me a hard time, but with some heat and a bigger breaker bar I finally got it out. I took almost thirty photos while taking apart all the timing and balance gear. Tons of tiny parts and it's all very orderly.

H22BUILD-Teardown9.jpg

H22BUILD-Teardown8.jpg

H22BUILD-Teardown7.jpg

H22BUILD-Teardown6.jpg

All that's left is some cooling and oil parts on the outside of the block, oil squirters for the pistons, and that other balance shaft.

This was such an enjoyable experience. It's my first real engine rebuild (did a Buick V8 and a 4L60E in school, but didn't get to see if they ran afterwards), and I'm feeling pretty confident for when it comes to put everything back together.

CyborgGT
^ It's such crap we didn't get the AWD Celicas in the States. I've always loved your car.

Cheers mate, but just to correct you - the States did receive the AWD turbo Celica, it just wasn't called a GT-Four - it was called the All-Trac.

Back