What have you done to your car today?

I have been thinkin of using a PPF (paint protection film) or clear bra to protect the paint of my car.
There are many brand on the market e.g Xpel, 3M, venture shield etc... .

Is there anyone who has experience with PPF?

Omg :drool:, i was scared to get those.

Will make an exhaust video soon, the car just sounds downright evil. Anytime you let off the gas it crackles and pops even on the upshift. It sounds ridiculous in a good way!

Trying to get my bro's '75 BMW 3.0 Csi ready for homologation.
Sould be up and running tomorrow

Fitted a new cylinder head after my old one was sucking oil down the inlet valve guides :(

527010_10151117748438119_87665489_n.jpg

Now to get the rest done!

Technically I didn't do it, but the Rex copped a dent from the manhole cover in the garage roof falling out...

1346832995746 by Murcie_LP640, on Flickr

Not entirely noticeable because of the very light paintjob but it's a fairly decent size dent for a bit of plasterboard.

Nothing as dramatic as others, but I changed the drivers side track rod end on my mark one focus on Friday and drove to London on Saturday. I spent 2 and a half hours on the motorway holding the steering wheel at 11 o'clock, had to drive back the same on Sunday as I couldn't find any place open. Not fun. Just came back from sorting the tracking 5 minutes ago at my local. Peace.

coop500
Painted my roof box ready for moving to Norway!

Driving to Norway sounds incredibly adventurous. During the ash cloud incident my wife and sons flight back to the UK was grounded in Brussels. I phoned P&O, they told me They had one slot with a return a few hours later. I drove all the way to Dover, then to Calais, straight up to Brussels. Had a 30 minute break at the hotel and back again. I would liked to have stayed a day or two but P&O said if i don't make the return window we could be stuck in mainland Europe for over a week, everything was booked Eurostar was done within hours of the planes being grounded. Usually I enjoy little adventures like that but not with the wife and kids.

I had to drop my car off at a garage after the clutch decided to cry enough, very suddenly and dramatically, as I was driving along the A1.

As I accelerated out of a roundabout (quite hard, I'll confess) I tried to change gear and the clutch pedal dropped to the floor so I couldn't select any gears. After pumping the pedal the pressure came back, but I had no drive in any gear. I managed to freewheel onto a side road where I parked somewhere quiet, where I waited over two hours (!) for the RAC to arrive. So I had a nap.

Luckily, the garage nearest to my breakdown is run buy a guy who worked for Peugeot for over ten years and had a 205 of his own, so at least it should be in good hands!

FINALLY replaced the top on my Miata. The old one was vinyl and the new one is canvas. It was a lot of work, pain, and suffering to do, and I'm not sure I'd DIY this job again. It took extra hands and a hair dryer to get the new top to close. The result looks really nice though. Now I just need to get the rest of the car up to snuff.

I've changed the plugs. By all that is petrolheaded, I wished I did that a long time ago. My engine now runs so smooth, I could place a coin on the engine.

Finally mounted my Dellorto 48 DHLA carburetor.

10475_3606228004062_177109643_n.jpg

In this picture it's just mocked up. Still have to take care of a few annoying things, but she'll be ready soon.

135bhp ---> 180bhp (perhaps as much as 190-195 if I upgrade my ignition, install a lighter flywheel, and electric fan. Stockport ftw! Quite a bit for a 2400lb car)

I can't wait to feel the difference.

Attention all Miatas: Beware. Muahahahaha

Fired her up, turned her around, shredded the driveway, then let it run for a bit.

I'm saying goodbye to my Accord. The body, at least. I'm keeping the H22 for a mild all-motor re-build. Currently in the process of pulling the engine when I have time to spare. I will get another 4th-gen Accord once the engine is done, I miss driving this thing badly.

Exterior2012April.jpg

CB7121511a.jpg

SedanBayFinal.jpg

In the mean time, this is my new daily:

RSXday21.jpg

RSXday22.jpg

It's a base model (it's got that worthless 160hp K20A3 out of the EP3 Civic Si) and an automatic/sequential manual but it's a nice drive and that's all I'm wanting out of a car right now. At least it's got leather. As far as mods, of course it will be modified. The engine will be left stock and reliable, but it'll get a cat-back (Skunk2's got the best sound I've heard so far) and some aesthetic mods.

I'm getting it prepped for interior cleaning, its not that there's junk on the floor, its just has a lot of dirt that I've got to shampoo out, and I might be heading down to a junkyard latter on this week, that just got a 92 300ZX TT, and I might be going down there and taking the Twin Turbos, radiators, and other spare parts from it.

Skunk2 exhaust on a automatic RSX is gonna sound ricetastic. See if Vibrant makes a Streetpower exhaust for it.

Cyborg, you bought another auto?

Why in the world...?
+1

Skunk2 exhaust on a automatic RSX is gonna sound ricetastic. See if Vibrant makes a Streetpower exhaust for it.
Indeed. Basically the only way to avoid it sounding horrible is to get an exhaust that makes little noise. Vibrant Streetpower, RSR Exmag, Megan OE-RS, ect. Although following the "the louder exhaust you stick on a automatic, the worse it's going to sound" rule of thumb, the best exhaust would be your stock one IMO.

Cyborg, you bought another auto?

Why in the world...?

Because I spent a good while looking for a Prelude SH and got uber frustrated with all the crap I was shown. The latest one was an hour away and in the call prior to my going out there for a test drive, the dealer neglected to mention that the clutch was toast, the exhaust smoked horribly, and the CEL and ATTS lights were both on. I saw this RSX somewhere else, figured I'd take it for a test drive since I've always liked the way these things look, and... well, I liked it well enough to buy it. No matter what car I would have bought at this time, I never had long-term intentions of ownership. I just wanted something to get me around while I re-build my H22 to put into another Accord. The transmission type wasn't terribly important, but I really wanted an SH. I just got fed up with the search; you might say I "settled" for this car. But I do really like it, so whatever. Part of the rebuild will include a Prelude manual transmission with an LSD, final drive, and probably an Accord 5th gear. The autos from this era were terrible.

As for the exhaust choice, I wasn't aware the transmission had any impact on the engine's exhaust note... seriously, someone please explain how the tranny changes the way an engine expels gas. My auto Accord sounded excellent with the Magnaflow, whether I had the stock F22A or Prelude's H22A in. I saw a video on YouTube of a base RSX with nothing but that Skunk2 and I liked the sound. They're smaller for the base model than for the Type-S. But like I hinted with the "so far," I'm still looking into the exhaust. It wouldn't come for a while anyway, the H22 takes priority, as do some handling mods for the Acura. It doesn't appear Vibrant makes a kit for the RSX though.

I found out that there is a bolt broken off in one of the cylinder heads of my dads pick up. A bolt that holds the exhaust manifold. And it has been broken for a very long time.

Normally I would get it out without problems, but this one is a bitch. There is a piece of a screw remover broken inside the bolt. The situation seems hopeless for now. Tomorrow we are going to try to drill out the piece of screw remover, and then hope we can save the head from further damage.

As for the exhaust choice, I wasn't aware the transmission had any impact on the engine's exhaust note... seriously, someone please explain how the tranny changes the way an engine expels gas.
I'm pretty sure you're just in denial, but if you're seriously incapable of hearing the difference between a droning noise that just changes pitch and hearing distinct gear changes typical of a proper transmission (be it manual, twin clutch, sequential, ect) then more power to ya. 👍 Exhaust is gonna sound great bro.

I found out today upon an inspection that both my ball joint boots have disintegrated from 13 and a half years of exposure to the elements. 👎 The ball joints themselves still seem tight, but I'm having the front end checked out tomorrow just to be sure.

Back