What have you done to your car today?

Painted my velocity stacks flat white:

1010819_10200142996847375_1299479280_n.jpg

Ordered a new intake manifold from atkins:

weberintake-02.jpg

Which I'm also going to paint flat-white when I get it

Keep in mind it's going on a solid red 13b which I'm painting like this:
1069942_10200126253948813_1061098080_n.jpg

I also ordered 5 stainless set screws to replace those ugly bolts because they are unnecessary now.

Put some more coolant in, washed the car, and put some air in the tires

Same here. :)👍

I'm gonna post the other pics in the thread for my Lincoln.

Edit: I almost forgot, I also made a new video about the new engine problem my Lincoln's been having:

Last edited:
Removed, cleaned, and refitted front suspension, and replaced top mount bearings. Also removed brake pads, applied copper grease hoping to cure a low speed squeal under braking.

I replaced the gears that run the odometer in my instrument cluster.

Cluster out of my car, and speedometer pulled out of the cluster.

Odometer gears. The new gears are on the bottom left, old gears are on the top right. Notice how the old gears have one that's missing a couple of teeth.

A side view of the speedometer assembly.

I got the resonator removed on my 2013 Dart. Really happy with the results. It sounds a lot deeper on the interior, but it doesn't suddenly sound like it's trying to be something it's not from the outside. It sounds good, but it's not over the top. I'd upload a video, but by the time you notice a difference with the best mic I've got the wind noise cancels out everything else. Someone else made a video, though:

And then my friend told me about something called "plastic dipping". We looked more into it, decided it was worth a shot since it can be taken off fairly easily, ended up getting some Armor All Custom shiled. Came out looking like this:
1084967_653801814631299_328347466_o.jpg

Left the Dodge emblem at the center chrome, I think it came out fantastically. One thin, though, there's only 3 coats of the stuff on there. I'm probably gonng go overboard next time around, because I did /sorta/ scratch some off on the right side when I was putting the wheels back on.

So $110, no irreversible modifications done, and I think I made out pretty well. Next up is some window tinting and then an intake.

Not really a car, but my Dad and I installed and programmed a quickshifter for the ZX6R.

The software wasn't in the box, so it took some time to find it online, but there was a really old site that just happened to have it. :D

And holy jesus does it work, it allows you to do full throttle upshifts, and it just cuts the ignition. The default is set to 65ms, and you can barely even hear the gap.

I shifted 3 gears quickly, and Dad didn't even know I had done anything. :dopey:

Not really a car, but my Dad and I installed and programmed a quickshifter for the ZX6R.

The software wasn't in the box, so it took some time to find it online, but there was a really old site that just happened to have it. :D

And holy jesus does it work, it allows you to do full throttle upshifts, and it just cuts the ignition. The default is set to 65ms, and you can barely even hear the gap.

I shifted 3 gears quickly, and Dad didn't even know I had done anything. :dopey:

Hey long time no see! How ya doing? I didn't know you had a zx6r :dopey: Please post a vid of the shifter in action as soon as you can, I gotta hear it !

Over the past few days. Painted rear end housing, received limited slip differential, clear coated differential, received and installed inner housing seals, installed differential to housing. Waiting on axles.

okri.jpg

kl9a.jpg

ye5v.jpg

qrdi.jpg

7t00.jpg

Thanks. It's going on my '67 Mustang, on profile page. More detailed specs for the rear end are:

3.70 gears.
31 spline axles - I'm not going to be drag racing, 31 is plenty.
Eaton Truetrac LSD.
Strange Engineering Diff and Axles.
Moser Fabricated Housing - lighter and stronger than the stamped Ford style.

Thanks. It's going on my '67 Mustang, on profile page. More detailed specs for the rear end are:

3.70 gears.
31 spline axles - I'm not going to be drag racing, 31 is plenty.
Eaton Truetrac LSD.
Strange Engineering Diff and Axles.
Moser Fabricated Housing - lighter and stronger than the stamped Ford style.

Nice setup. How much did it run you for? I've heard of the Moser housings before, supposedly they are more durable than the cast housings from Ford. The 3.70 gears should give you a nice combo of acceleration and speed.

Nice setup. How much did it run you for? I've heard of the Moser housings before, supposedly they are more durable than the cast housings from Ford. The 3.70 gears should give you a nice combo of acceleration and speed.

PMing on price.

A friend of mine put 4.11's in a rear end and first gear became a joke, I figure that 9 inches are so easy to swap out final drive ratios that I'd start at 3.70.

On the housing, my basic understanding of structural engineering tells me that it should be stiffer. It weighs in a little less than a standard housing too.

PMing on price.

A friend of mine put 4.11's in a rear end and first gear became a joke, I figure that 9 inches are so easy to swap out final drive ratios that I'd start at 3.70.

On the housing, my basic understanding of structural engineering tells me that it should be stiffer. It weighs in a little less than a standard housing too.

Yeah after 4.0 first gear is pretty much non existent. My friends father had a 6 cylinder Maverick that had a 4.56 rear end in it and it went like hell but shifting it was tough because it revved so quickly :lol:

9 inches have a lot of support so it's not hard to find different gears.

Ive heard generally good things about Moser housings but how much better are they really than stock ones? Enough to justify the price?

Copied from PM:

The Moser fabricated housing comes standard with a lot of options that I would have specified or done myself. The housing comes with internal gussets that reinforce the differential portion (the car can now be jacked up by the center of the rear end) and keep the oil from sloshing around. There's also fill and drain bungs and a drill-able spot to route an oil cooler. It's about 10-15% extra over the standard style housing and you get a stronger, lighter housing with some nifty features.

9466025511_c2c92441fb_o.png

Despite this being a former New Jersey car, it didn't go too bad considering all the rust. Also just got back from washing my car and having the tires rotated, balanced, and pressure-checked.

Just got home from an in-between real washes wash...
Used the carwash brush on the wheels (only), then did spray soap and rinse. Basically just enough to get off the larger debris, will need a 2 bucket in the next week or so. :(
It's not that much work but in the Louisiana heat just a tiny bit of work feels like imminent death. :lol:

Restored my plastic trim today... it needed it.

Some before/afters:
VYSFh7c.jpg

rTGIC4K.jpg

And I got a Ferrari seat cover cause I don't want the sun to screw up my red leather. :(

2xDuumC.jpg

DSC_0223.JPG

I didn't go with the full thing because it's....kind of a pain in the ass to get the bumper off, and this does what I want.

Ya that site is dangerous for me. I buy all the stuff for my Neon there when it isn't something I can yank off a junkyard car.

Put some StopTech pads and PowerSlot rotors on the front of the 2 last night.

New pads/rotors. (Stoptech pads and PowerSlot rotors.) by maximstensel, on Flickr

Also dragged this old toolbox up from the basement and used it to turn my giant heap of small toolboxes and parts store bags full of miscellaneous stuff into something more reasonable.

Dragged this old toolbox up from the basement and put all my tools, fluids, and cleaning supplies in it. Way better than the huge mess that was in my garage previously by maximstensel, on Flickr

Toolbox drawers. Still need to organize all the sockets and wrenches. by maximstensel, on Flickr

Last edited:
Spent an hour attenpting to find why I have a major blowing exhaust. Runs fine so not a head gasket. Checked the manifold and flange gaskets, all fine. Seems to be a split weld in the cat section...which is annoying to say the least, it might fall off :dopey:

Back