What have you done to your car today?

Replaced the fuel pump in my '96 Subaru 2.2 Legacy. One of the easiest in-tank pumps I have ever replaced. Hell getting to the fuel pump relay was harder than the damn pump. (The relay is BEHIND the under dash fuse box)

Does anyone knows what kind of plastic the bumpers of the Mondeo Mk3 is made?
I want to find the correct materials to fix the front bumper.The material I used to fix the rear bumper is not the correct one.

Final result. It's far from perfect but I'm pleased with my very first attempt to fix a bumper.

I didn't pray-paint it myself.

Washed my car this morning... long overdue. Took only 3 hours to complete so pretty quick.

All soapy
20130922_083355_zps78efcd51.jpg

My dog was accompanying me, keeping guard :P
20130922_083332_zpsc14a55a4.jpg

Final product, camera phone can't get all the details though...
20130922_104153_zpsd4ee9a44.jpg

20130922_104600_zpsf2b54de8.jpg

Expensive week for the Alfa.

Needed an MOT certificate, so a few things needed to be done...

- Stainless Steel mid and rear section due to blowing midsection.
- New sidelight bulb (That blew the morning of the test!)
- Though tyres are legal, inside shoulder is near failure, so need 2 new...

images

Did you put clear coat over the Plasti-Dip? I need to redo my winter wheels and Plasti-Dip looks like the easiest solution.

The left wheel is the stock 16" alloy the right one just has 4 coats of matte black and a very light coat of gold metaliser. Clearcoat will work over it but it'll make the dip very hard to remove. IIRC the glossifier is a decent substitute for it or the actual clear Plasti Dip.

There are a couple but for where I am Plasti Dip is really the only option for reasons of availability and pricing...though Dip is still bloody expensive. In the US it's something like $7, here it's $30 a can. Still cheaper than powdercoating the wheels though and it's reversible and usable on other parts of the car.

$7 seems about right. That's what rattle cans and spray paint tend to go for. Ranges between $5-$14 depending on what it is and what brand and what it washing for etc.

There are a couple but for where I am Plasti Dip is really the only option for reasons of availability and pricing...though Dip is still bloody expensive. In the US it's something like $7, here it's $30 a can. Still cheaper than powdercoating the wheels though and it's reversible and usable on other parts of the car.

$30?!?!:nervous: Well like were saying, there are more expensive options out there.

I took the miata to:
20130926_120921_zps792c4214.jpg

And I also change the knob to my first Rx7's shifter.
20130927_122901_zpse856c4c3.jpg

Got new reverse bulbs
I used my phone to take pics and had no flash and i stood in the same spot.

Before(had 25SMD LED)
794b.jpg

New ones
rwzw.jpg

The before looks darker than it really is for some reason(think the camera is not strong enough to detect the lower light levels, but the reflections on the garage door show accurate light.

Made the test as fair as possible by using the same testing method.

Cleaned all the pine needles and some rust off it, shoveled a bunch of crap out of the bed and cleaned the scrap metal and garbage out of it. Looks a lot better.

Staring at it in the garage... wishing it had a full exhaust, lowered, with wheels and tires of my choice. One can dream!

Cleaned all the piled up dirt, scrap metal and garbage out of the bed. Still a bit more to go though, that will be done when I take the bed off it. Next to take that piece of plywood out that's been in there since he bought the truck. Bed is pretty clean underneath, only needs a little work. All the bolts are still shiny 15 years later :)

On top of that cleaned the running boards, bumpers, and a bunch of other piled up crap off it. Need to clean the inside of the windshield wiper motor housing as well.

1378400_553232058063605_335980726_n.jpg

Trying to remove rust inside the left wheel arche. Or is it wheel housing?

Problem is the damper and spring. I don't have the right tools to remove it safely.

Owned this car for over a year, been on numerous Corvette forums but never have I seen anyone mention this... I noticed it last night and it blew my mind. The condensation on the hood forms the Corvette logo when the car starts to heat up......

Changed the battery.

I was a bit annoyed to hear a car alarm last night, and one that sounded like my car too, but looked outside and my lights weren't flashing so all seemed fine.

And then this morning it wouldn't remote unlock! Luckily housemate drove us to work.

This evening I checked the voltage and 7.5v 🤬

Oh well, it was sold with a spare battery because it's an Alfa, and these things happen!

Could be that it was standing for three days, or it's gone cold, or that I have a dash cam that switches off at 11.8V. So I'll switch that function to ignition switch and hopefully all will be fine.

Owned this car for over a year, been on numerous Corvette forums but never have I seen anyone mention this... I noticed it last night and it blew my mind. The condensation on the hood forms the Corvette logo when the car starts to heat up......

That mind blown gif had my rolling. :lol:

Could also pass as the Batman Symbol.
batman-symbol-i12.jpg

I don't even want to talk about whats going on this week with my WRX or Camaro. When it rains bad news it pours bad news. Been a very rough week to say the least and its only Tuesday. I will update the 2 necessary threads later this week or next week..hopefully. :scared:

Last edited:
Alternator went on my van and fried my belt, so theres about $200. Now my dad's Escape needs tires and an alignment and I replaced the drag links/sway bar links and the strut/shock assemblies last night.

Back