What have you done to your car today?

Went from this:

w9tj.jpg

To this:

yqxd.jpg

Done the most thorough cleaning I've ever done so far. Washed it, vacuumed, picked up and threw away things that didn't belong, and cleared out the trunk and back seat. In the process I discovered the seals for keeping the trunk dry are shot, and so there is water in my trunk. I also think the seals on the passenger-front window needs replaced, because when I went to vacuum the floor, the mat and carpet were wet. Considering how old all the seals are, though, it couldn't hurt to replace them all.

After that I drove it a bit and some idiot opened their door in a parking lot and hit the Lincoln's door while I was sitting in it. Later, I heard the right rear drum making some awful noises, and so when I get a chance I have to check that out as well.

Washed and waxed both the truck and the motorcycle for the winter. The motorcycle because it's getting put away for the winter, and the truck because it has to endure the winter roads.

Took off the back wheels to check the drums and discovered that they are in OK shape, but need replaced in a while. Neither me or my grandpa (who helped me) could figure out what the squealing and screeching I described was but he said it could possibly be the wheel bearings.

my6f.jpg

Did an oil and filter change today. Also topped up the transmission fluid and checked the other fluids.

Installed new windshield wipers and tried (bought) a cheaper version of RainX. It doesn't work.

I haven't been keeping up with the thread to know what you drive, but that looks like a... 5th-gen Accord lip? How are you liking the sound? I think I'm going with the Megan Racing OE-RS cat-back on my RSX; it's no project car, but I desperately want a tougher (yet still subtle) sound.

In the last few days I've changed the oil/filter, put Gumout in my last fuel fillup, changed the wiper blades (advice: those single pressure point blades are terrible!), intake filter, and cabin filters, and washed the car; I should probably do the spark plugs soon. Just ordered this special-for-VTEC-heads valve spring compressor for my H22 build. I just moved into a new place and it needs a few things, but I've got one more big buy next month and then I'll finally get cracking on this deep engine build, I can hardly wait. I've got the stripped block on a stand inside my apartment, it's a bit nuts.

valve_spring_compressor.jpg

I haven't been keeping up with the thread to know what you drive, but that looks like a... 5th-gen Accord lip? How are you liking the sound? I think I'm going with the Megan Racing OE-RS cat-back on my RSX; it's no project car, but I desperately want a tougher (yet still subtle) sound.

Yeah, its a 1994 CD5 Accord. The original exhaust had a tear in it behind the muffler which made it louder than normal and made it sound a bit fluttery. The new exhaust sounds quite good, it sounds deeper and is also louder. It sounds especially good higher up in the rev range in the higher gears.

Hardwired a dashcam into my car

Owned this car for over a year, been on numerous Corvette forums but never have I seen anyone mention this... I noticed it last night and it blew my mind. The condensation on the hood forms the Corvette logo when the car starts to heat up......

Did your car ever have the corvette sticker on it cause it could be residue,
If you want to fix it mix IPA and water with a 1:4 ratio, clay and polish the hood

Hardwired a dashcam into my car
No, the hoodliner under the hood has the corvette emblem on it so it just forms it when it starts to get hot.

Did your car ever have the corvette sticker on it cause it could be residue,
If you want to fix it mix IPA and water with a 1:4 ratio, clay and polish the hood

1395904_10200713984363230_646618546_n.jpg

Boost gauge and pod fitted. LED backlighting is bright as hell, definitely won't be mis-reading it in the dark any time soon.

SIC EM's running 15psi on full boost. Stock is about 12 IIRC.

Was there meant to be text here?

Hmm I think my phone did something funny there and I didn't notice it.

My hoodliner has a Corvette logo inprinted on it so I believe it's what causes the condensation to form the logo.

Cleaning out the Focus, the back isn't a total mess anymore.

Now I just have to try and get all the dog hairs out of the hatch area.

(Whats the name of the plate that lifts with the hatch and covers the bottom of the trunk area?

Started it up after about a week of sitting in the cold and found that the radio stopped working i was worried because i really like the factory radio and don't plan on changing it. but after a while the radio worked fine.

My spring compressor arrived yesterday, so I've got the head taken apart... mostly. This stud sticking up, for the valve cover, is seized in there and the hex part is rounding off. I tried a heat gun and vice grips with no luck. I'll take a torch to it later, but as I'm in an apartment, hopefully I don't get yelled at for doing that outside the building! Valves, guides, springs, retainers, and keepers are all getting Supertech replacements.

10863361775_e4d2688147_o.png

10863397366_ac043affa0_o.png

Tested my dash cams quality with a spirited drive on Macquarie Pass which was damp.

Sorry german members cant view it
Youtube has blocked the video because of very soft radio music that also has engine and road noise in it.
Like that is going to affect copyright.

It's time to change my summer tires and alloy wheels for winter tires with black rusted standard wheels.

Worked on stabilizer links on my Grand Prix after my auto class today took a while to get the old ones out but the new ones make the ride so much better.

Old

New, cost $7 to replace them.

Back