What have you done to your car today?

Do you mean the parcel shelf?

Yeah, that's it.

It has some sort of fluff covering, which makes it hard to get hairs out.

Had to clean the passenger floor again as a bunch of porridge spilt on it.
I'm SO glad I have seat covers too.

Then I got mad and threw the porridge in into the forest.:lol:

Who the heck has porridge in a car??
Today I received a shiny new rear seat panel, in the new year I plan to put back in this bit that was taken out when it was built. The arches are tubbed, and the fuel pump is possibly in the way, and a brace bar under the parcel shelf...but apart from a bit of snipping it should drop in!

Tested my dash cams quality with a spirited drive on Macquarie Pass which was damp.

Sorry german members cant view it
Youtube has blocked the video because of very soft radio music that also has engine and road noise in it.
Like that is going to affect copyright.
Welcome to the cam club.

I've had mine for a few months now, and it's going really well. The battery protection isn't working (or is set too low for the Alfa) so I need to switch the fuse it piggy backs on. But otherwise I'm much happier for having it.

Good news first, I got my Prelude shop manual to complete the collection for my Accord build. The Accord's main service info took up one fairly large book, while the Prelude's is two even larger novels. I love all the info I can get but damn.

11091348935_d0f983010d_o.png

Kinda weaksauce, some valve seal pulling pliers I ordered came and were complete crap, so I modified them to work. They've been doing slightly better than regular pliers now, but still managed to slip off and give me a nice deep hole below my nose. 8 stitches, and I'm not posting a photo! I was thinking it would be stupid to shell out $200 for a slide hammer type puller that I'd only use once. The cost difference isn't all that great now. These seals shouldn't be so hard to pull off; since I'm replacing the guides anyway I'm just going to take a dremel to the remainders.

WHT3tQN.jpg

A terrible picture, but a great sound from my new exhaust that I finally put on about an hour ago. Also put on a new bypass valve, it does wonders for the throttle response.

Bought cheap tires then changed my mind and bought my friend's BBS RS wheels instead. They were recently rebuilt by Rotiform here in California, then went to the east coast, got passed into the hands of Mike Burroughs, the founder of Stanceworks, who sold them to Igor, owner of CAtuned, and now to me. Who knows where they'd been before that. My new wheels are a little sl*tty.

Coilovers in a couple of weeks to set the car down properly. Those will require welding so I think I may leave that part to the guys at the shop then hog a lift to install them.

image_zpsc02a3452.jpg
image_zps59b5cc0d.jpg
image_zpsa114b7f3.jpg

Whats up guys long time no update! Been busy with finishing remodeling our house to sell and getting everything set for the start of our new house we are building. Just under half an acre, 3 car garage, 3600 sq feet, gonna be bad ass! Anyways time for the goods!

My last update was that I had replaced the rod bearing in the Camaro. Well we took it to a car show, was by far the baddest car at the show and everyone gravitated to it when I would fire it up. Took my neighbors girl for a ride in the car and ripped on it hard and unfortunately spun the bearing after only 43 miles, but damn those were some fun miles! Car being fixed is on hold until I decide what Im gonna do with it. I have been eyeing a 6.0 76mm turbo setup, but am worried about the learning curve tuning a turbo, so may go stroker motor with my current block.

Got ran off the rode by a chick in a mini van yelling at her kids in the Speed 6 and cracked a wheel so had to replace it, so I have one silver wheel and 3 black for the time being. Found out I have EBC Green Stuff pads on the car when I changed the wheel, so thats a plus! Just installed Autotech internals, CorkSport TIP, and custom SRI, and Rotella T6 oil change this week. I also have a WOT Box for it that I might install at the track today if things get serious lol

Going to San Antonio Raceway today for Grudge Match Arm Drop racing with the Speed 6. Excited for this, been many years since I've done arm drop racing, so Ill see if I still have it...

EDIT:

ALSO: Looking for car for 24 Hours of Lemons if someone is in the Texas area with a car for sale that would work for this!

Last edited:
New tinkering item: I recently found out SIC EM has had an intercooler spray system fitted however it's not getting any fluid to the nozzles. Suspected cause of the problem is a worn out pump.

Trying to adjust my new clutch cable, where I have to pry the fork forward with one arm, hold a wrench on the cable with the other arm, and turn a ratchet on the adjustment nut with my third arm.

It's time to finish the rust treatment. I need my car in a few hours (1pm) so no time to waste.

EDIT: just finished the sub frame of the front end.

Last edited:
Muffler exhaust bracket broke, had to take it to a friends were we (Ok, he.) welded it back with some extra support.
I did help out though.:P

Since it's that time of year, I'm going to have to winterize the dirtbike.

Usually it's just screws in the tires and foam on the airbox to stop snow getting in, but now that I have more free time I'm finally starting to get the handwarmers I purchased last year installed.

Cleaning the airbox, yikes.
Going to check on that more frequently in the summer next year.

x5n8.jpg

3c11.jpg

ayur.jpg

The warming elements are already underneath the grips, and today I made up a mount for the switch.

Also got all the wires going from the warmers to the switch done up, tomorrow will be linking up the switch to the battery, which I can do now after I found the right size fuse after a half hour search.:crazy:

Yes, I'm going to trim the cable ties and tape up the loose wires.

I kinda want to do that to my X, but I need a high output stator for it to run off my headlight switch.

@eDirtyTati, Your E30 is sick, I love the BBS RS wheels, but your car needs more low ;)

Here's mine, haven't done much to it yet but on Saturday I will be picking up a pair of GTI Bumpers, Arches and Bootlid:

UXGcPBl.jpg

It only has 16,000 original miles on it and it has not had it's first service yet, that will be done next Thursday. Also, if someone could Photoshop this so it's Lower and rocking some Klutch SL1's or BBS RS's that would be perfect thanks!

They only use up 36 watts at the max setting.

Does the X have a battery?

No it doesn't use a battery, since it's a sport model. Some of the others like the SX and Big Red do though. The headlight system runs uses AC power directly supplied from the engine. I don't think the stock system would be able to run them efficiently. Input shouldn't matter (AC or DC) but I'd need a decent (200W) high output stator to run them, and the headlights would need to be on whenever I want to use them. Someone is doing this on a 250R, and he has a high output Ricky stator. If I tap into the headlight wiring, the only thing I have to worry about is the temperature fluctuating with the engine RPM which doesn't really bother me.

@eDirtyTati, Your E30 is sick, I love the BBS RS wheels, but your car needs more low ;)

Here's mine, haven't done much to it yet but on Saturday I will be picking up a pair of GTI Bumpers, Arches and Bootlid:

UXGcPBl.jpg

It only has 16,000 original miles on it and it has not had it's first service yet, that will be done next Thursday. Also, if someone could Photoshop this so it's Lower and rocking some Klutch SL1's or BBS RS's that would be perfect thanks!
More low coming on Monday. Putting on a set of the coilovers we just developed. catuned.com. :D

Got a replacement radiator for the Evo yesterday. The OE one started dropping coolant on Monday ... looks like the top seal failed. Pretty common for the plastic versions. Went with an aluminum Mishimoto that's a little thicker too, so it should be a nice upgrade. Grabbed new upper and lower hoses while I was at it ... they are getting some age on them. Will install those, plus a new serpentine tomorrow.

If I have time I need to fix some oil leaks on the Beetle as well. Trying to get it to a friend's house Sunday to build a new exhaust for it.

Also got all the wires going from the warmers to the switch done up, tomorrow will be linking up the switch to the battery, which I can do now after I found the right size fuse after a half hour search.:crazy:

Yes, I'm going to trim the cable ties and tape up the loose wires.

It's done! (Well, it was done the other day, but I was too tired to post.)

After an initial scare with some sparks and the bike not cranking, (Loose terminal connection.) the warmers are working.

I can't really feel them on low though, probably because it's so cold outside and my hands are already frozen.

I can feel them on high, but my fingertips aren't protected by the barkbusters, so they're in the wind. I'll have to make up a windblock to stop the tips from getting too cold, because they don't touch the grips.

Back