What have you done to your car today?

Yeah you want your toes on the brake pedal and just blip the gas with your heel. Thats how I drive on road tracks. You can see some of my videos from this weekend. I usually jump from 5th gear to 3rd. You need as much heel toe as possible going from 130mph then stopping right before a 90degree corner. Check out my Grattan raceway videos from saturday. The Joe and the aaron videos are the best. http://www.adfabdesign.com/RaceEvents/Grattan_7-26-08/Grattan-7-26-08-videos.html
I also talked about it in this thread. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=107882

I don't think my computer would like it if I tried to download those videos sorry.:guilty: I'm pretty much limited to the ones I can just press play on, like YouTube.

I Bashed my rear bumper today and the paint chipped and cracked Pics to follow. Thankfully its plastic so it wont rust... anyone got tips on how to repaint it ?

I Bashed my rear bumper today and the paint chipped and cracked Pics to follow. Thankfully its plastic so it wont rust... anyone got tips on how to repaint it ?
Sand it down to the plastic where the damage is. Then buy some really cheap "Bondo fiberglass repair". Follow the instructions and you should be all set. You wont need much at all unless its cracked all the way through.

Well you're just having all sorts of problems, from pedals to toes to computers. Lots of us are stuck with the cars we have. People buy real sports cars because they're set up to be driven sporty. Family sedans with truck beds on the back are not, just like my go-fast version of an economy car isn't quite right for sports driving. The pedals are too far apart and aren't set at the right elevations. I'll either have to buy a different designed pedal set or modify them myself to make heel-toeing even remotely easy. But I really haven't found a real need for that technique in the driving I've been doing anyway. That won't be seen until I get on a big track, but for the tight stuff I'm happy to throw it in second and leave it there.

just like my go-fast version of an economy car isn't quite right for sports driving. The pedals are too far apart and aren't set at the right elevations. I'll either have to buy a different designed pedal set or modify them myself to make heel-toeing even remotely easy.
The pedals are fine, you complained about the same thing in your del sol too, I think it's just you...

Anyone who actually knows about heel-toe was able to do it fine in my car.

Of course that's only like 3-4 people here, but still, there was vast differences between the types of people.

And get on MSN. Now.

Well you're just having all sorts of problems, from pedals to toes to computers. Lots of us are stuck with the cars we have. People buy real sports cars because they're set up to be driven sporty. Family sedans with truck beds on the back are not, just like my go-fast version of an economy car isn't quite right for sports driving. The pedals are too far apart and aren't set at the right elevations. I'll either have to buy a different designed pedal set or modify them myself to make heel-toeing even remotely easy. But I really haven't found a real need for that technique in the driving I've been doing anyway. That won't be seen until I get on a big track, but for the tight stuff I'm happy to throw it in second and leave it there.

Is changing the pedal setup easy or cheap? We don't have tight autocross courses near us or anything, so it's either drag racing or a track primarily comprised of straights and hairpins.(Big braking areas). It's Queensland Raceway if you want to see what I'm racing on.

Picture someone else took from my road track event. Turn 6 of 12.
69camarofm0.png

Last edited:
Look, I know your meant to look at and smile for the camera, but perhaps when you're driving you should watch where you're going!:D Oh wait, I temporarily forgot your cars were wrong-hand drive.:P Looks good though, not much body roll. Looks good in motion.

Look, I know your meant to look at and smile for the camera, but perhaps when you're driving you should watch where you're going!:D Oh wait, I temporarily forgot your cars were wrong-hand drive.:P Looks good though, not much body roll. Looks good in motion.

No, it's you that's backwards. ;)

Silly island countries... :P

Your right there isnt much body roll in my Camaro at all. Hard to believe the front suspension is all bone stock from 1969. :sly: I will be getting some QA1 Coil overs for the front next year and that will make a huge difference. The Camaro already has no problem beating most new cars including Porsche, Corvettes, Mustangs, and EVOs.

Last edited:
No, it's you that's backwards. ;)

Silly island countries... :P

Hey, we don't share a border with Mexico.:P They call it right-hand drive RJ, because it's the right side of the car.

Your right there isnt much body roll in my Camaro at all. Hard to believe the front suspension is all bone stock from 1969. :sly: I will be getting some QAI Coil overs for the front next year and that will make a huge difference. The Camaro already has no problem beating most new cars including Porsche, Corvettes, Mustangs, and EVOs.

Wow, that is quite impressive!

And two Wrights make an aeroplane.

===

I washed the Cooper today and I want to wax it but I have no idea what to use. Any suggestions? I don't want to use a buffing wheel or a clay bar or anything like that. Just a simple coat of wax to help protect the paint.

And two Wrights make an aeroplane.

===

I washed the Cooper today and I want to wax it but I have no idea what to use. Any suggestions? I don't want to use a buffing wheel or a clay bar or anything like that. Just a simple coat of wax to help protect the paint.
Nice avatar. That pic turned our real well. I would just use the Maguires liquid wax. Wipe it on let it set the recommended time then wipe off.

Very thorough, that bodykit. Even included a rear diff and a boxer engine!

And real Recaro seats. :lol:

Anyway, like I mentioned a few weeks ago, I and my dad made this at at the shop...

DSCN1972.jpg

DSCN1970.jpg

DSCN1971.jpg

DSCN1969.jpg

Note the sort of Japanese sun that our inspector Mike designed for me. Woot. I tried to paint the thing numerous times but gave up and simply went for a thick clearcoat. It's shiny.

Also, I went autocrossing and took some nifty aftermath pictures...

DSCN1975-1.jpg

DSCN1976-1.jpg

Nice photos! 👍

I did not do anything to my car today, but I did order my new tyres today, which will be fitted Friday. :)

Got myself a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE050's. My current rear tyres are Michelin Pilot Sport 2's, which are nice for dry surfaces, but are horrible on wet surfaces (which we have quite often over here), not what you would want on an RWD car. ;) Had me drifting up the spiral at a parking garage one time. :P

On the front they mounted Nankang elcheapo crappy tyres before I bought the car. They still have plenty of profile left, but they suck and make the Z pull to the right. Fortunately, my favorite car magazine had a mass review of sports tyres a month ago, and the RE050's were very good, both on dry and wet surfaces!

So I can't wait until Friday! The next thing I'll probably do is change the audio, it appears Nissan was out of money when building the 350Z and fitted a radio/cassette (!) from 1970 which they had left over. ;)

I dont see why even the cheapest of tires will make your car pull to either side. That sounds much more like an alignment problem or less likely a simple wheel balance problem.

Nice pics of your custom knob. Can you zoom in a little closer? :lol:
Actually could you show a pic zoomed out a little bit.
EDIT: I should post pics of my recent road track event aftermatch tire pics. My front driver tire got chewed up big time. So bad in fact that chunks came off. hahaha

Last edited:
I dont see why even the cheapest of tires will make your car pull to either side. That sounds much more like an alignment problem or less likely a simple wheel balance problem.
Which is why I'm having them aligned also, because I doubted that too. ;) But I wanted to replace them with quality tyres anyway, so since the rear tyres need replacement I decided to change them as well. :)

Which is why I'm having them aligned also, because I doubted that too. ;) But I wanted to replace them with quality tyres anyway, so since the rear tyres need replacement I decided to change them as well. :)

Be sure to keep the cheap ones for some drifting, if you do any of that. :sly: Also the place were you're changing them will probably charge you for disposal. Usually only something small, but if the tires still have some tread theres no point in throwing them out, you could easily find someone willing to give you a fare few quid for them, if your not going to use them.

And if the place is anything like were I am, you could be waiting a few hours for alignment! :crazy: It usually only takes about 20 minutes, but everyone seems to want it and we usually only have 1 set of light beam gauges.

And real Recaro seats. :lol:

I had JDM Recaro's in there, f00. :D

Lucky owner came and took the Type-R off my hands tonight. I thought, when I bought it a few years ago, that I'd never sell it... but then again I thought the same thing with the yellow one, and the same with the S2000. :guilty: Oh well, at least it's gone to a good home.

Picking up the STi tomorrow, can't wait!

Back