What Have You Done Today - (Computer Version)

• Thread starter tlowr4
  • 4,172 comments
Had a bit of a scare last night.

I purchased new ram, Just a slight upgrade on my 64GB 3200mhz Corsair Vengeance LPX. I found a great price for 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3600mhz. When I installed it my PC wouldn't boot properly and would constantly bluescreen. I do have 2 updates I could do to the BIOS could that be it? I'm unsure if I want to reinstall it now I've stopped the bluescreens and using my old LPX again. I thought my PC was done. It said it needed repair and all the fun BSOD stuff. Thankfully I installed my old RAM disabled XMP and since then its been fine.

Last edited:
I bought a new USB Type-C to HDMI adapter, since I misplaced my original one. I was hoping this was going to finally allow me to use HDMI and not DisplayPort. Sadly... it doesn't. So it looks like I'll be rocking DisplayPort on my main PC. Unless there is DisplayPort that is faster, I'll stay with my old .onn DisplayPort to HDMI cable.

I'm told DisplayPort has better bandwidth and specifications over HDMI, but the DisplayPort to HDMI cable I use is slightly slower than what my PC monitor shows. Maybe I'll need to find a better cable or a decent adapter.

Back