What movies have you seen lately? Now with reviews!Movies 

• Thread starter scentedsoap
  • 8,192 comments
Alien Romulus.

First half was good. I was a bit upset with the later half. A few scenarios from the first two films were reused when they didn’t need to be. Some key explanations were written in to connect a cou0le of the previous movies, but I felt this one could have stood on its own with how we met the cast from the start.
My daughter felt the main character to her was not the obvious main character.

I won’t spoil what happened in the later half, but all my anxiousness just died at the climax. From then to the end I was disappointed with the predictability to the ending credits. I don’t know if there is a post credit scene. Didn’t stay to find out. Anyway the franchise could go on forever.
For a two hour movie it went quite quick and felt like two flicks to me. The one that had me recess into my chair and the other one that had me face palm.

First half of the movie: 8/10
Second half of the movie: 5/10

Beetlejuice_Beetlejuice_poster.jpg

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice
👍👍

Having re-watched the original recently, I'd say this was better. Baldwin and Davis are a bit tedious in the original, and we swap them out for a better set of characters in this movie. The movie hits a very similar atmosphere to the original, but has more polish and budget to execute, giving it a cleaner feel. It's very Tim Burton.

Silly and gross. Watched it with a 9 year old that loved it.

Last edited:
The Wild Robot.

Opening of the movie gets right into it. Some killings in this one, a la Disney. My daughter enjoyed it. We were both turning and looking at each other in regards to the nonchalant way certain acts of the killings were handled. Couple draw drops, shaking of heads and my daughter said, “Is this for kids?”. Even the message of being different in society was laid on a bit thick. Not sure if some things were pure shots at Disney.

Well, graphics were excellent and an obvious absence of a group of humans made me think I guess it could happen in real life.

Felt like a mix of everything from A.I. to Iron Giant to Zootopia.

Back