What was your first car?

• Thread starter ddldave
  • 228 comments
1. 16
2. 2003 Honda Accord 4cyl Vtec

P8302421-1.jpg

3. 19 (22 now)
4. 2005 Subaru WRX Wagon (soon to be a sleeping beast)
NewWagon.jpg

1) 16
2) 1992 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo 5spd

3) 28
4) 1993 Lexus SC300 5spd with full Toyota Supra Twin Turbo engine and drivetrain conversion.

1984 Mercedes 300D Euro

Same car (I have never seen another one like mine, many with the same chassis but no 84 European 300's)

Mk1 Fiesta 1.3 Webber.

Almost identical to this one but with different wheels.
ford-fiesta-MK1-a18831875.jpg

*edit*
Without the rollcage! :lol:

1) How old were you when you got your first car?

2) What was your first car?
1994 Nissan Skyline R33 GTS-t

3) How old are you now?

4) What car do you drive now?
2001 Nissan Skyline R34 GT-T

Just reading thought this makes me think A. I hate Americans.......lol jk and B. I HATE Britain. Insurance kills our first car dream. 4 cylinders is enough for companies to charge a fortune, you lot are lucky to get V8s and sports cars young. Tax kills us too!
1. 17
2. Focus 2.0 St170 (or Svt in yank terms) don't laugh
3. 21
4. Mazda RX8 Pz tuned
(gonna get a RX7 FD Very soon, Rotary brothers then)

Just reading thought this makes me think A. I hate Americans.......lol jk and B. I HATE Britain. Insurance kills our first car dream. 4 cylinders is enough for companies to charge a fortune, you lot are lucky to get V8s and sports cars young. Tax kills us too!
1. 17
3. 21
4. Mazda RX8 Pz tuned

Nothing at all wrong with an ST170. It's a decently sporty car that handles well and isn't mind numbingly slow.

1. 17
3. 21
4. Mazda RX8 Pz tuned

Your complaining about insurance yet your first car was an ST170 :confused: which is around what insurance group? 16?

You didn't exactly help yourself

Pagey279
Your complaining about insurance yet your first car was an ST170 :confused: which is around what insurance group? 16?

You didn't exactly help yourself

Was cheaper than a 1.2 corsa :) and to buy too

Organ-Donor
1. 16
2. '95 Ford Explorer

3. 28
4. '02 C5 Z06 Corvette (daily driver) & '10 Nissan GTR (weekend warrior)

Now what do you do, jealous much :embarrassed:

Pagey279
Named driver on your parents insurance?

Nope, insurance group was high but spoke to an insurance broker and they said its more a family car than learner so not as much risk in the eyes of insurance systems, funny really. Plus insurance and petrol has gone up a lot since then :,(

Nope, insurance group was high but spoke to an insurance broker and they said its more a family car than learner so not as much risk in the eyes of insurance systems, funny really. Plus insurance and petrol has gone up a lot since then :,(

Ahhh right, fair play. Just curious as my insurance is £1750 per year on a 1.6 2004 Civic Sport :ouch: And that's with having a clear licence for over a year.

And then I get 19mpg out of it with petrol at 134p per litre, and then £175 tax per year on top of that!
I'm surprised I'm not broke.

Pagey279
Ahhh right, fair play. Just curious as my insurance is £1750 per year on a 1.6 2004 Civic Sport :ouch: And that's with having a clear licence for over a year.

And then I get 19mpg out of it with petrol at 134p per litre, and then £175 tax per year on top of that!
I'm surprised I'm not broke.

Ouch, mine was around that but 1100 2nd year, but as insurance prems increase, my renewals stay the same (until the 25 mark). I was broke after first car but well worth it and the look on friends faces as I fly by. Tip! Try fully comp quotes, some times there cheaper.

1) I was 18
2) Second hand (old) Honda Accord.
3) Very old
4) Ford Mondeo ST220

Last edited:
I did not have any car yet, But I am so much crazy about the car. So, I go for car hire service through online. Whenever I want the car I will give them a rent for two or three days. What you guys suggest about this idea?

1) How old were you when you got your first car? 16
2) What was your first car? 88 Nissan Maxima

3) How old are you now? 28
4) What car do you drive now? 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

1) How old were you when you got your first car? 18
2) What was your first car? Fiat Uno I (45 hp)

3) How old are you now? 33
4) What car do you drive now? Fiat Coupé Limited Edition (220 hp)

1) How old were you when you got your first car?

2) What was your first car?
- Fiat Tipo 2.0i 16v Sediciovalvole Abarth version with black leather interior. Pretty rare.

3) How old are you now?

4) What car do you drive now?
- Ford Mondeo 2.0 D Titanium S. This particular car have just been wrapped in matte orange, matte black and black Carbon (Hood and details)

Latest Posts

Back