Whats Your Audio / Home Cinema Setup?

• Thread starter 2ez2KiLL
  • 877 comments
IMO, I would go with the Klipsch, it has 0.03% THD, the B&K has 0.09%. Besides, the Klipsch is seexxy. But wait, why am I telling you what to do? I'm just a noob lol.

I've got some new headphone. Coby CV320

* FEATURES: Featuring Dual Volume Controls for Single-side Monitoring or Personal Adjustment
* Professional Digital Sound Quality
* Powerful 40mm Drivers for Super Bass
* Adjustable Headband for Maximum Comfort
* Single-sided cord
* 3.5mm Stereo plug

:cool:

I also bought a pair of speakers at a garage sale. I have no clue what brand they are (probably some offbrand) but I do know they do sound pretty nice for the $2 I payed for them. :lol: I mean, they beat out those $15 speakers I bought at Wal Mart. :lol:

boo.
ive just got mine connected to my comp.
2 nec mids/tweeters, (from my old tv stereo), another 2 tweeters, and 2 12" car subs, which are controlled by a sansui intergrated stereo amplifier. i have no idea about all the ohmz stuff. i just pluged mine in and away she goes.
this is all crammed into a like 2m x 2m area btw. where my comp desk is, so it can give u quite a headache when turned up. lol the the walls shake at vol level 2.5, and it only starts to distort at 7 lol.

HT:

Pioneer VSX-D412s Reciever (100w/ch)
Pioneer DV-363s DVD player
Pioneer surround speakers and powered sub

Stereo:

Luxman R-3055 Reciever 55w/ch
Technics SL-D20 Turntable
Pioneer CS-T5100 Tower speakers, 15" woofer, 4 1/2" midrange, 1 1/2" tweeter 150w/pc.

Living room:

Toshiba 28wbd or something like that.
Built in surround sound amp thing with the extra speakers it came with.

My room:

A Lodos 21 inch flat screen which i believe is a goodmans under the skin
Hooked up to a jvc Micro system which has 3 speakers all over my room. I also connect my laptop to it most o the time.
Oh, and if anyone cares, a Yamaha PSR1100 keyboard which is cool

*awakes old thread*

My set up is as follows: (every single bit I got second hand, I really havn't paid much in total)

Amp: Denon pma-255UK
Cd Player: Harmon/Kardon fl 8450
Tuner: technics st-x880l
Turntable: technics sl-j100r
Speakers: Tannoy 605 (le's i think, as they are bi wired compatible, with gold plated contacts). I got these for nothing off a generous AV guy I know!

Before the tannoys I was using a pair of wharfedale e50's. Loud as hell, but too bloody big.

Only think that imo really lets my system down is the cheapness of my cabling (excluding the cd to amp cable). So yeah, my set up was pretty cheap compared to some, but it sounds freaking awesome, so I'm happy. Next port of call, new cables!

i use a m-design component cabinet to hold all my stuff. everything is wired with monster cable.

panasonic tv. nothing special..
5.1 surround sound
sony rear satelight speakers
monster cable thx front and center chanels
monster cable 3 and two 2 channel amps
4 subwoofers. all by monster.
monster battery back up and automatic voltage stabilizer
monster home theater power center
i think thats pretty much it. total watts are around 1200 or 1300 or so.

i am planning on getting a sony str da 5000 receiver. so if anyone knows someone whos selling one or what not. please let me know

Nakamichi SR-2A receiver
Marantz CC4000 5 Disc CD Changer

B&W DM220 speakers (2 front)
Sony something Bookshelf (16"x10"x8") Speakers (2 rear)

Nakamichi + Marantz. Good Call.

+ 2 B&W speakers... Excellent.

TV setup: Samsung 710MP with a PS2 and Phillips freeview box. PS2 is connected to Acoustic Solutions DS533 with an opical cable, and freview box is connected with 2 phonos.

PC: Laptop is connected to my JVC hifi with a 3.5 jack to phonos.

That's how my room has changed - the living room is the same. Oh and before the current acoustic solutions speakers, i had some creative p5800s with no decoder.

T9700 7.1 surround system with decoder (creative)
Pioneer setup with B&W320i speakers.

I used to be into audio, but I haven't upgraded in at least five years. I don't even have a real CD deck. :(

Receiver: Yamaha RX-V595a 5.1 DD/DTS It is very old, but nice.

DVD Player: Panasonic DVD RP-56 One of the first (affordable)progressive scan DVD players. It's really cheaply made, but still cost me $200. :grumpy:

TV: Panasonic 47" Widescreen, but don't see the model number. It's OK, but this one's old too.

Laserdisc Player: Pioneer CLD-1070 Yesssssssssss!
Speakers:

Front - Infinity 2-Way Tower
Center - Yamaha
Subwoofer - Yamaha
Rear - KLM Speaker stands cost more than the actual speakers. :D

DVD player: 5 disc Pioneer
Decoder (atleast that's what I think it is): Some Denon
TV: 50 inch Pioneer
Speakers:

Front: Two JBL towers
Subwoofer: JBL
Center: JBL
Back: JBL

B&W is better than Klipsch. Lol.

I'm going to buy some AKG K701s when I get my birthday money in summer.

Computer:
Logitech Z2300 2.1 system, 200 watts (for about $140 on sale!)

TV:
-Upstairs = Older Kenwood component system, unknown wattage, hooked up to 2 3-way speakers. However many watts, it's enough to produce rattles throughout the house.
-Downstairs = 2 crappy, small speakers hooked directly into TV, sounds only slightly better than TV. Currently searching for cheap (used) reciever and speakers.

Also have a 240 Watt Sony minisystem in my room, and brother has kick-ass system comprised of an older reciever, a DVD player, and half a dozen assorted speakers (most of which are not his), including an old set of Toshiba speakers with MTX Thunderpro's (10's) hidden behind the covers.

On top of being THX Certified, and capable of over 120db, I can also give women erm, pleasure with them (This has been tested). Full 5.2, yes, 5.2 surround. 900 total watts. Main reciever is a Sherwood RD-6108. I run the 8" subs off of an RCA STA-3900 that I've had laying around. TV is an RCA 27" which isn't that great, but it gets the job done.

Center channel, 2 7" mid-bass', 2 4.5" mid-ranges

Front speakers, 12" subwoofer, 2 7" mid-ranges

Rear speakers, 7" mid-range

Sub Box 1, 2 8" subs in a bandpass box, 100 watts per sub

Sub Box 2, 1 10" aluminum cone sub, 200 watts

And there you have it, the cost for all of the speakers, built, including the wood to build them, is under $250. They look ghetto, but they perform better than most speakers available for well over a grand.

Other than my computer/bedroom stereo. In my basement where i have the TV & GT4 & all that. I have a Fisher Tube amp with some speakers I dont know the name of, but are simply ridiculous.

Holy crap, Ghost C. Did you make those yourself?

edit: nevermind.

Ghost C
On top of being THX Certified, and capable of over 120db, I can also give women erm, pleasure with them (This has been tested). Full 5.2, yes, 5.2 surround. 900 total watts. Main reciever is a Sherwood RD-6108. I run the 8" subs off of an RCA STA-3900 that I've had laying around. TV is an RCA 27" which isn't that great, but it gets the job done.

Center channel, 2 7" mid-bass', 2 4.5" mid-ranges

Front speakers, 12" subwoofer, 2 7" mid-ranges

Rear speakers, 7" mid-range

Sub Box 1, 2 8" subs in a bandpass box, 100 watts per sub

Sub Box 2, 1 10" aluminum cone sub, 200 watts

And there you have it, the cost for all of the speakers, built, including the wood to build them, is under $250. They look ghetto, but they perform better than most speakers available for well over a grand.

Sweet. :D

This is what I've got now...

Logitech Z 5500 505 watt 5.1 surround system with 10" subwoofer
logitech-z5500.jpg

and one of these puppies...

Creative X-Fi sound card.
xtrememusic_box_lo.jpg

Works for me. 👍

Pfft. Soundblaster. . . I have all of my stereo stuff in my room as analog. Echo Audio MIA Soundcard. 1/4" RCA Cables to my receiver. And my mic is an actuall, real, music recording mic; that goes to a 8 track mixer; which has 1/4" wires to the soundcard. Yeah sure it's not digital, but god damn it sounds good.

Oh well I'm not denying that. I just like the idea that sound hasn't been changed into 0s and 1s and 'processed' in foreign ways before it gets to my ear.

Wow, a long time since I've been here at GTP. Anyways, I've gone through an overhaul since the past couple of months. I don't have the money for a full out HT system yet (due to space constraints and money) so I decided to go the 2 channel route.

DSC_0099.jpg

EMU-0404 > Lite DAC-AH > Gilmore Lite > Sennheiser HD580

DSC_0100.jpg

Odyssey Cyclopes > Odyssey Epiphony

concept_S1.jpg

Teufel Concept S. Teufel is one of worlds finest manufacturer of sound systems, setting standarts in the 10 k USD+ area (thx ultra 2 etc)
Long Term 120 Watt ( each of the five speakers )
Short Term 160 Watt ( each of the five speakers )

Subwoofer : 300 Watt

prize : ~ 700 USD

vsx_d814_s.jpg

prize : ~ 400 USD

Back