Why 99.9% of all players won´t gold the Nordschleife Circuit Experience!

• Thread starter zocker_16
  • 607 comments
I have just had said track experience. Some times were really different and sometimes harder to get gold. I also left the first Gold that I could manage there. I was able to gold some of the other sectors right away on the first try.

I've now done the first full loop, a little slower so she stands up and I have a ghost to orientate.

I'm almost 1 second short of gold, right on the first run. So it's not that difficult because I'm not a good driver, but I love the Nordschleife and I know it very well.

Btw: TCS works much better on GT7 as on GTS, that's why i'm Use it and it helps.

Last edited:
Tidgney did it on one one of the streams he did live on YT, I believe it took him less than 45 minutes to do all sectors and lap...
Yes I re-watched my streamit took me about 1 hour from starting with the first sector to golding the whole lap.
It´s not extremely hard to make it when you´re experienced on this track and with GR.3 cars.
But the margin for mistakes is not big and many players are simply not good enough around the Nordschleife to drive consistent and without mistakes.

Last edited:
many players are simply not good enough around the Nordschleife to drive consistent and without mistakes.
robert deniro GIF

Tidgney did it on one one of the streams he did live on YT, I believe it took him less than 45 minutes to do all sectors and lap...
can you link the time? it's possible that the infamous update which bugged out the tyres might mean prior to the bug different tyres were available here

The Nordschleife is a fun driving challenge so I imagine I will give this a shot eventually though I don't expect I will ever gold it.

I do share Tidgney's opinion that it's a horrible track to race on. It requires patience to race on it fairly and Gran Turismo players are renowned for that trait (/sarcasm).

I golded the second sector in first attempt, but in the first sector I’m 0.3 seconds behind. The spell of doom in the thread title is crumbling as we speak.
One of the points that gave me gold there.. in the first long right.. it has to be driven at full throttle.. brake the following S 2 times.. and do not enter the following double "S" at full throttle and at the end of this carefully, brake a little earlier, but weaker.. then the exit goes at ~130 km/h

can you link the time? it's possible that the infamous update which bugged out the tyres might mean prior to the bug different tyres were available here
The update only buggered the Dirt tyres, sorry, will look for time code on the run

What assist settings, if any, and BB are you guys using when you pass the Green Hell C.E's?

Jerome

What assist settings, if any, and BB are you guys using when you pass the Green Hell C.E's?

Jerome
ASM and TC on 1 for the full lap then ASM only for individual sectors. After doing the full lap then sectors you might be able to better your full lap time without TC.

Jerome
Only ABS on default. Everything else off, and brake balance was 0 too. TC on 1 could possibly help with sector 1, as it took me a while to get gold on that one. Its by far the hardest bit of this circuit experience.

Well I guess I'll try all those scenarios, when I get up the courage to try it again :lol: Thx fellas!

Jerome

Let's remember this:

IN REAL LIFE:

Porsche 911 GT2 RS. Lap time: 6:43:30.
MERCEDES-AMG BLACK SERIES. Lap time: 6:43:62.
LAMBORGHINI AVENTADOR SVJ. Lap time: 6:44:97.

^ These are real life times set by real life drivers in ROAD cars.

The BMW M6 GT3 car is more than likely quite a bit faster than any of these 3 cars, especially in a long track like Nurburgring.
And not only do you have the physics on your side (easier than real life and the ambient and track conditions are pretty much as good as they can be) but you also have 0 fear for your life doing a mistake and crashing.

A lap time of 6:37, less than 10 seconds faster than 3 supercar times in real life, is actually quite a forgiving time. But, as the OP said, the average Gran Turismo player is certainly not going to beat it. But it's certainly doable for 10% of the fanbase.

I haven't tried it yet... But in the circuit experience in GTS I beat the gold time by over 16 seconds and I did a loooot of mistakes.

Let's remember this:

IN REAL LIFE:

Porsche 911 GT2 RS. Lap time: 6:43:30.
MERCEDES-AMG BLACK SERIES. Lap time: 6:43:62.
LAMBORGHINI AVENTADOR SVJ. Lap time: 6:44:97.

^ These are real life times set by real life drivers in ROAD cars.

The BMW M6 GT3 car is more than likely quite a bit faster than any of these 3 cars, especially in a long track like Nurburgring.
And not only do you have the physics on your side (easier than real life and the ambient and track conditions are pretty much as good as they can be) but you also have 0 fear for your life doing a mistake and crashing.

A lap time of 6:37, less than 10 seconds faster than 3 supercar times in real life, is actually quite a forgiving time. But, as the OP said, the average Gran Turismo player is certainly not going to beat it. But it's certainly doable for 10% of the fanbase.

I haven't tried it yet... But in the circuit experience in GTS I beat the gold time by over 16 seconds and I did a loooot of mistakes.
10% get gold? That's quite optimistic. I think Zocker is right and closer to 1% will manage it. I haven't looked but is there a trophy for all circuit experience gold? That will tell us eventually.

Using a pad on PS4 and I must say that sector times are brutal and the car handles like a pig (understeers and oversteers in 3rd). However, adding all gold sectors yields a time of 6'13.4" which means there is plenty of time left on the track for the 1 lap attack.

It's all theory though, will update once I complete the sectors.

Using a pad on PS4 and I must say that sector times are brutal and the car handles like a pig (understeers and oversteers in 3rd). However, adding all gold sectors yields a time of 6'13.4" which means there is plenty of time left on the track for the 1 lap attack.

I guess you forgot to add one sector ;)

No, I double checked right now;

39.6+37.6+28.3+47.5+35
+25.9+13+49.6+42.7+23.9
+30.3=6'13.4"

But as I've said, sector times are brutal (S1 was the most difficult imo).

Last edited:

I can't confirm that.. I think the M6 drives very nice and stable. BUT the brakes are awesome, or the interaction between brakes and tires. For me it feels like the strong brakes are overloading the front tires, with a little less pressure you can even go into and through the corners at higher speeds. And that, to me, is a good implementation of car physics. And survive that
oversteer... well the M6 has a very high torque over a wide rev range.

I did all the sectors in Sport but missed the full lap by a second or two. I won't be going for it in GT7.

Wow, this challenge is mental. On lap 2, 2s off the pace but have to chill a bit. Had a decent choke before kleines karussel which lost me at least 2s. Lost focus now, will either try it again later or tomorrow.

Great challenge.

Gave it my first go (in circuit experience), got bronze for each sector at first try except some mistakes. Tried full lap and got bronze with 7min09 and a lot of errors. But silver and gold are far far away 😅

Is there a way to see which tracks we did the circuit experience (or our progress) or do we have to clic-clic-clic until we open each track then circuit experience to see where we are ?

I'll give this one a miss I think. It was the last gold I needed in Sport and I was a nervous wreck by the time I finally got it with a few 10ths to spare. Not a hope in hell that I can find another 20 seconds, I'm just not that good and never will be.

99% of players will never make more than 1 if even 1 clean lap if this track anyway.
According to PSN Trophy log, 33% of players completed at least one lap. Ok it is only a fraction of the player base, but still 🙂

I personally like the fact they've put in an extremely difficult challenge in with the circuit experience; it adds to the mystique/allure of a game having at least one medal/achievement that is nigh-impossible to achieve. I remember back playing GT3 as a kid, getting gold on all the licences seemed like climbing Everest, a feat I could never achieve even if I tried forever! But it kept me coming back to it. Getting gold should be a genuine achievement in a game like this, in my opinion.

I haven't actually tried this one yet so I can't say definitively, but wow I was even trying the Laguna Seca one today, took me a good hour to get a gold time (although I was really failing to just 'hook up' a decent lap in the Gr4 Viper)...def seems harder than GTS was.

According to PSN Trophy log, 33% of players completed at least one lap. Ok it is only a fraction of the player base, but still 🙂
I would say I've played for about 20 hours now and haven't been on the Nordschleife for a lap, just on the licence test (with the green Mercedes SLS) . If anything that's significantly higher than I would expect.

Last edited:
Back