Why 99.9% of all players won´t gold the Nordschleife Circuit Experience!

• Thread starter zocker_16
  • 607 comments
Porsche 911 GT2 RS. Lap time: 6:43:30.
MERCEDES-AMG BLACK SERIES. Lap time: 6:43:62.
LAMBORGHINI AVENTADOR SVJ. Lap time: 6:44:97.

^ These are real life times set by real life drivers in ROAD cars.

The BMW M6 GT3 car is more than likely quite a bit faster than any of these 3 cars, especially in a long track like Nurburgring.
No need to guesstimate. VLN SP9 class cars (FIA GT3 class) usually do somewhere around 7:55 on the qualifying laps (roughly 5 seconds faster than pre-repavement era lap times). However, the time is for GP + Nordschleife, which is roughly 85-90 seconds longer than Nordschleife alone for those GT3 cars. Also, they often got some traffic on VLN qualification race, and the tire they use is not exactly the best one out there for 1-lap attack. So 6:37 is a fair bit slower than real life lap times of the same car.
10% get gold? That's quite optimistic. I think Zocker is right and closer to 1% will manage it. I haven't looked but is there a trophy for all circuit experience gold? That will tell us eventually.
There is no circuit experience related trophy which requires gold from circuit experience. The highest tier trophy only requires 15 bronze. Anyway, I tried each sector and full lap exactly once (without a retry), and I got SGGSS DSSGG S S (D = DNF), and I got the gold for the full lap on my second try. This is a bit better result compare to my first try on super license (though I used wheel instead of dual sense), so I would say anyone who got the all gold on the license test could also do all gold on this sooner or later if they're willing to.

Currently, 1.2% of all PSN profiles ever launched GT7 got the license all gold trophy and 6.31% among the profiles scanned by PSNProfiles got this (both are likely to be increased over time). Of course fewer people are willing to do this, but same goes for the license all gold. Many people didn't even try to get all gold on license because they lack the motivation to do so. If someone offer $10k prize for getting all gold on either super license or this one, I'm pretty sure a lot more than 1% people will get gold.

On the other hand, if someone offer $1 million for getting 6:37 or faster on real life Nordschleife with GT3 class cars as well as free track/car rentals, and the entire population at least give it a few tries, I expect far less than 1% of population (or even 0.1%) would achieve that.

Last edited:
No need to guesstimate. VLN SP9 class cars (FIA GT3 class) usually do somewhere around 7:55 on the qualifying laps (roughly 5 seconds faster than pre-repavement era lap times). However, the time is for GP + Nordschleife, which is roughly 85-90 seconds longer than Nordschleife alone for those GT3 cars. Also, they often got some traffic on VLN qualification race, and the tire they use is not exactly the best one out there for 1-lap attack. So 6:37 is a fair bit slower than real life lap times of the same car.
Exactly, like I said, it seems like a pretty forgiving time.

Unless, the game changed the car settings to be much less performing than it is "stock". Or you are using sport tyres instead of slicks.

I can already see a huge difference between gameplay and real life when it comes to lap times. The argument that you could destroy your own car is logical, but real professional racing drivers drive far less with such thoughts than "normal" drivers. Come in addition. when you drive in the game, you just miss the feedback from the car, of course we have FFB steering wheels or the apparently outstanding DualSense (unfortunately I haven't had it in my hand yet), but that's no comparison at all to a real car on the track. I had the "luxury" and was able to do laps on the ring a few years ago and I almost wet my pants at first, with excitement, but also with a certain amount of fear and because of the excessive adrenaline. I then rode with an instructor and I felt that he was going there so fast that I looked at the tires and looked for a secret "glue" or something similar. (I hope you understand this little joke by the way)

What I'm saying is that the better you know the Ring, the better the driver and the better the car is set up for the track, the faster the vehicle will be.

The times mentioned by Grimm6Jack will be correct, but that doesn't mean that these times were driven on a 100% production vehicle, and it wasn't just an ordinary driver behind the wheel, but a professional.
As a last point, the production vehicles mentioned are not subject to any regulations and have significantly less downforce, which makes them slower in the corners, but they are on e.g. Kottenborn - Postbrücke/Fuchsrohr - Kesselchen and finally the Döttingerhöhe probably with more top speed on the way.

You would really only have to see and measure an M6 GT3 on the Nordschleife to know how big the difference to road vehicles really is. I don't like to commit myself, but it should be well below 6:3x,xxx.

Managed to gold it. I Think I did 5 laps, 42, 39.6, 39.0, 38.4 and then gold.

The key from my perspective was to push like crazy until Bergwerk and then just take it steady, if I mess up - I'd just go kamikaze through Pflantzgarten.

All in all, one of the best challenges ever in GT and by far the most difficult.

If someone needs splits - I'll gladly share them.
I'm using DS4.

I have been driving virtual Nordschleife since Race 07 and I enjoy driving the course. If there were a descent prize car attached I would make it happen but with zero incentive other then bragging rights I don't feel the need to stress myself over it.

Last edited:
Didn’t they patch or adjust some gold times in GT Sport after launch? I could see them doing that for a few since these were likely set by the pro esport guys.

I have roughly 900 lap experience on real life Nordschleife, so I'm fast and slow at the same time (BTG 7:05 with 991.1 3RS and PSC2 R). That was mostly on road cars, so I have only little experience with race cars on Nordschleife (mostly RSR, GT3 R, GT4 and Clubsports). Anyway, even to my eye, some bits are weird. For example, in this game, you need to maintain full throttle throughout the first right turn on Hatzenbach, but as far as I know, this is very uncommon even for top tier SP9 VLN drivers. They usually lift off for 0.5 second right before the curb, and slower drivers usually take much longer lift off. And this kind of things keep repeating itself.

From Quiddelbacher-Höhe to Flugplatz, you do roughly 0.5 second of half lift in game, but that's a bit more aggressive than most VLN drivers (closer to 0.8s of full lift). On Schwedenkreuz, you take the left turn with 75-90% throttle in game, but most GT3 drivers actually lift off about the time they started to turn their steering wheel left. Maintaining the full throttle throughout Klostertal (even though you cleared the Mutkurve pretty fast) is also weird. If you failed to clear the Mutkurve fast enough, then it's possible but otherwise partial lift off would be much more common.

So those gold times require much tighter timeframe for input as well as significantly more throttle overall, but somehow ended up slower time.

From my lap:
Hatzenbach - slight lift followed by full throttle and upshift to 5th;
Flugplatz - slight lift again, followed by full throttle;
Schwedenkreuz - full throttle;
Mutkurve - either lift for about .3 or slight brake followed by downshift.

Times are slower mostly because tire model feels off under load, tires have less grip. My guess is that regular racing tires in reality feel closer to GT7's RM or even RS. RH behave like racing tires which aren't up to temperature, especially under longitudal load. I really doubt (I haven't driven a GT3 car on racing tires in reality) GT3 cars break traction in a straight line in 3rd gear!

Therefore, tire model makes this much more difficult than in reality since the car requires more steering input to keep it under control.

Oops. I was mainly thinking about the behavior of demo ghost. I rewatched the demo and the demo time was 6:28.109, which is 2.4% faster than the gold time 6:37.8. Also, unlike most 1-lap attack, the finish line is the starting line (the finish line is usually 4 seconds before the starting line on most time attack). I think the demo lap is faster than real life 7:55 GT+Nordschleife lap (around 5-6 seconds faster). 7:50 would be pretty close to 6:28.109.

Last edited:
Can it be possible that the M6 has some kind of BoP preset there? Unfortunately, you can't check with what power and what weight and what other set-ups we drive here.

The comparison to real life is really more difficult, initially there was a comparison to GTS and that it should have become so much more difficult that almost nobody can do it.
I personally have enjoyed this job immensely and whenever I don't know what to do best in the game or just to "ground myself" I come back to the "Nordschleife".

Personally didn't find it that difficult at all, and I wouldn't call myself a proficient driver at all, however I do have hundreds of laps of experience on the course (basically the only course I drive). Managed to finish the entire circuit experience with all golds within around ~40 minutes, with only 3 attempts for the full lap, where I spun first corner twice, and then gold for the lap (albeit it was not a great time at all and only just passing). There is plenty of time for improvement and it wasn't a completely clean lap either.

For a decent enough driver I don't think it's that difficult to pull a clean lap together at reasonable pace. On both carousels, I found that using TCS1 only for these corners helped a treat. Elsewhere, any TCS only made the times significantly slower as the car will not rotate without losing speed. I also turned the ghost off as it was way quicker than me and was just distracting to watch. Comparing yourself to the ghost is somewhat offputting if you're not that quick as it's much quicker than the gold time. I agree that the average punter will struggle to achieve a gold though, not that it matters in this game anyway.

I notice that all the real-life tracks have stricter times, much more so than their original tracks. It makes me wonder how they determine their times.

Of the few that I've tried so far, Brands Hatch and Suzuka were especially dificult. I could tell Tsukuba times were tight, but I was able to brute force it out of the hairpins with the 4wd, so it wasn't bad. But the original circuits were laughably easy.

This extends to the licenses too. Tests on real tracks always take a bit more time and effort.
I wonder if it has to do with that Porsche GT2 RS that obliterated a bunch of production car track records a couple years back. Pretty sure it beat the old Porsche record by like 35sec, getting a street car into the sub 6:50's. Been a while since I've checked so there might be someone else that has beaten that record. Anyway, times keep getting lower on all these IRL tracks, so I assume that's why PD is lowering the times for gold.

Oh, and we need a Porsche GT2 RS in game, lol. Make it happen PD!

Still getting used to the new physics and driving the BMW but it wasn't too bad. Lots of time left on the table. Still breaking GTS habits and first time with a GR3 at the ring. It's darn good practice so I may see how far I can improve.

20220316_012518.jpg

and by far the most difficult.
Disagree
Whilst GTS was fairly easy overall (dont know about the Hamilton DLC, I skipped that one), some of the older titles had challenges that were more than comparable.

Still getting used to the new physics and driving the BMW but it wasn't too bad. Lots of time left on the table. Still breaking GTS habits and first time with a GR3 at the ring. It's darn good practice so I may see how far I can improve.

View attachment 1124892
I have to say that it's hard to really push the M6 to the limit, but it just feels bombastic. It doesn't even matter to me whether his driving behavior corresponds 100% to reality or whether his speed is too low or too high.

It feels just right to me...

Mostly supple and totally safe.. and if you overdo it a little bit, he really kicks your butt. But on my best lap so far, I made a couple of really big mistakes, even with 2 tires completely in the vegetables and a heavy power oversteer.

However, I am still happy with my time.

I have to say that it's hard to really push the M6 to the limit, but it just feels bombastic. It doesn't even matter to me whether his driving behavior corresponds 100% to reality or whether his speed is too low or too high.

It feels just right to me...

Mostly supple and totally safe.. and if you overdo it a little bit, he really kicks your butt. But on my best lap so far, I made a couple of really big mistakes, even with 2 tires completely in the vegetables and a heavy power oversteer.

However, I am still happy with my time.

It is quite nice to drive and third gear is a beast once the boost builds up. I enjoy it much more than the GTS version. It still feels heavy but it's really lovely on the ring.

I have a habit of using lower gears too much and revving more. An old dirt bike habit I need to break. If I use third and fourth a bit more I'm sure I'll find more time.

It is quite nice to drive and third gear is a beast once the boost builds up. I enjoy it much more than the GTS version. It still feels heavy but it's really lovely on the ring.

I have a habit of using lower gears too much and revving more. An old dirt bike habit I need to break. If I use third and fourth a bit more I'm sure I'll find more time.
I think I know exactly what you mean...

GTS was good and nice to drive in its day, but now with GT7 it seems different... NOT bad, I don't mean to say that, but GTS felt almost too safe in comparison and the limit area was felt to be several meters wide. Now it all seems "easier" from the car feeling.. a little more unstable.. restless... you can feel when the car is light.. and when it is heavier, for example when it drives through a depression. And yes, I also have the feeling that from time to time it is better to let the M6 "glide" a little more than to push it to the last and then have to overbrake it, which tends to make it unstable, which means you can brake harder and later turn around in the time to stay harder to have to step on the gas again.

A395071A-D9E9-4D5A-9FF8-F29572F09477.jpeg

Done on a DS4 and no TCS. :D

Sector 1 was quite tough and few other tracks have some tricky sector times, Suzuka sector 1 and Sainte Croix as a whole.

However to counterpoint @zocker_16, I’d argue the Le Mans Circuit Experience is a even tougher nut than Nords to crack, especially for pad users like myself.

Tight gold times on sectors and the Gr1 908 can’t be fully trusted to not step out when blasting through the Porsche Curves at the speeds you need to even get close to the gold time.

Of course It’s not impossible for pad users as I managed to prove its possible, but i’d argue it’s tougher than Nords by a comfortable margin. :scared:

I think I know exactly what you mean...

GTS was good and nice to drive in its day, but now with GT7 it seems different... NOT bad, I don't mean to say that, but GTS felt almost too safe in comparison and the limit area was felt to be several meters wide. Now it all seems "easier" from the car feeling.. a little more unstable.. restless... you can feel when the car is light.. and when it is heavier, for example when it drives through a depression. And yes, I also have the feeling that from time to time it is better to let the M6 "glide" a little more than to push it to the last and then have to overbrake it, which tends to make it unstable, which means you can brake harder and later turn around in the time to stay harder to have to step on the gas again.

Overall the glide feels nice in that car. I just need to kick this habit of hearing a certain rpm when I'm in corners. I tend to use that more than visual cues for entry speed and I alws feel slower in higher gears although it might not be the case. Lol

I drive in bumper cam for competitive reasons and I can say it translates quite a bit more of what the car is doing opposed to GTS. Even tuning changes and feeling when I'm correctly behind my inputs instead of reacting to what is coming.

What madness... I started GTS out of necessity and thought it would be a cool idea to gild the track experience for the Ring again in GTS. It's amazing how different driving in GTS is and the M6 just feels like **** to say the least. The speeds the car can reach in the corners are a joke. Now it might be interesting to know which of the games with this car on this track is closer to the "original", but personally I don't care about the result as I definitely find driving in GT7 much better, more intuitive and smoother.

I tried looking for GT youtuber SuperGT and cant find him here and checked his videos on youtube, I'm sure he can easily get a gold time for this event. Anyone know SuperGT's GTP screenname?

*Edit, found him, but looks like he hasnt visited the site in awhile :(

Last edited:
Welp, I sat down and golded each sector of the Green Hell, with tying the gold time for S1 no less (that was the toughest part outside of the lap itself). Then I went for it and got gold on my 3rd try! I made it by .160-ish, I didn't think I did it initially when I crossed the line :lol: For me, this is a huge accomplishment cause I just simply never drive here. Thanks for the hotlap replay @zocker_16

Jerome

Was lucky enough to get gold on all sectors using a Dualsense (I'm playing it on the PS5 version), and reached a lap time of 6:37.722 so there was very little margin for error for the full lap run.

The rest of the sectors were easy, except the Karussell and the final corner series where you exit the main straight.

The tip is to turn off traction control completely (even as low as setting it to 1 will kill your speed through the corners), and practice precise throttle and braking inputs, just like God Foot. Gradually add speed but don't overdo it.

Last edited:
Was lucky enough to get gold on all sectors using a Dualsense (I'm playing it on the PS5 version), and reached a lap time of 6:37.722 so there was very little margin for error for the full lap run.

The rest of the sectors were easy, except the Karussell and the final corner series where you exit the main straight.

The tip is to turn off traction control completely (even as low as setting it to 1 will kill your speed through the corners), and practice precise throttle and braking inputs, just like God Foot. Gradually add speed but don't overdo it.
Hmm funny... you're not really fast, but don't blame the TCS because otherwise you're too slow...
So I drive it with TCS and to get the best possible sector times for me I mostly used 1 or 2 depending on the sector... only in one sector I don't use TCS, but that's a ride on the cannonball...

So if you would like to recommend NOT to use TCS to others because it is so slow, you should perhaps first create times that others drive WITH TCS.

Sorry but it had to be real. Almost everyone says the M6 on the Ring is a beast especially in 3rd and you drive it without TCS but you are slower than many others... Maybe you should use TCS and change something else about your driving.

Latest Posts

Back