Why 99.9% of all players won´t gold the Nordschleife Circuit Experience!

• Thread starter zocker_16
  • 607 comments
Etwas früher bremsen, aber auch früher die bremse lösen.. über 90 km/h bleiben und auf keinen Fall einen Bordstein berühren. Am Ausgang sehr sachte mit dem Gas oder TCS nutzen.. das Ding ist ein Biest.

---

Brake a little earlier, but also release the brake earlier. Stay above 90 km/h and never touch a curb. Use the throttle or TCS very gently on exit.. that thing is a beast.

After struggling with this on and off for about a week, I smashed gold by around 2 seconds in my third lap today. I really wasn't expecting it for another few days.

After hating the car, something clicked. Maybe it's the physics, maybe it's the car, but getting it to go fast is different to anything in Sport - you can forget everything about the understeery bus from the Hamilton DLC.

It almost feels like the front is to too heavy - and it makes the rear light. Finishing breaking early and adding just a touch of throttle before the apex seems to put the car in a super balanced easy mode. You can slide into the apex on fast corners, and even on slow corners like turn 1 you can get the power down earlier and get great exits - high gears and TCS 1 essential.

The problem I had, if you don't do that the car will remove all confidence you have in it by throwing you into a wall when you try to put the power down on exit.

Love this car now. So much fun to throw it into corners too fast and come up ahead of a ghost on a sensible line.

Only tried S1 so far and can't for the life of me gold it with 0.025s off. Are you guys taking the very first corner super wide like I do in 1st gear? I'm the type of person who can't progress further until the current thing is finished so haven't tried the full course yet.

99% of players will never make more than 1 if even 1 clean lap if this track anyway.

I guess it depends on your memory, I can pretty much imagine every corner in my head since GT5.

It doesn't take long to learn really, it's easier than you think because there aren't many corners that look identical.

I honestly think the average person, will be able to memorize it after ~25 full laps.

So, what's that, a few laps a day for a week to learn Nordschleife? Not that bad.

If you have a defeatist attitude, I suppose you'll never achieve anything, though.

Only tried S1 so far and can't for the life of me gold it with 0.025s off. Are you guys taking the very first corner super wide like I do in 1st gear? I'm the type of person who can't progress further until the current thing is finished so haven't tried the full course yet.
Try braking early, leave it in third, keep it tight, be on the throttle gently slightly before the apex, and then ease on the power and let the car wander towards the right side of the track.

Sektor 1-2

I just tried to make a video of how I drive the M6, but this time without any TCS.
Since I don't have enough time.. just the first and 2 sectors.. not perfect yet, because the airfield goes full throttle with a perfect line.

Looking like OP is right. It's been about 15 hours of play and I'm short at my favorite sectors. I got six gold and six silver with my one lap attack being 6:44, though I wasn't pushing for gold. Maybe I pull a 6:40 if I'm lucky but I don't see 6:37 happening. I don't know how people are golding this with TCS on. Even at TCS 1 with a perfect line I'm too slow in the sectors. In a sense, this is the difficulty I like to deal with in gaming but some of these sectors seem impossible with the controller setup for X as accelerator.

Looking like OP is right. It's been about 15 hours of play and I'm short at my favorite sectors. I got six gold and six silver with my one lap attack being 6:44, though I wasn't pushing for gold. Maybe I pull a 6:40 if I'm lucky but I don't see 6:37 happening. I don't know how people are golding this with TCS on. Even at TCS 1 with a perfect line I'm too slow in the sectors. In a sense, this is the difficulty I like to deal with in gaming but some of these sectors seem impossible with the controller setup for X as accelerator.
It's not because of TCS if you don't have enough time... you don't lose time because TCS brakes it when accelerating, but because you brake too hard into the corners and are therefore too slow.
And I'm 100% sure about that.
I'll do a complete lap with TCS tomorrow and post it here.....TCS is almost only active when you accelerate too much anyway...or the car becomes unstable and loses grip as a result.

You could test how high you have to set TCS to no longer create gold.

Btw.. X Using for acceleration Sound realy difficult.

Those 9 seconds are only a couple tenths each corner - you'll get gold I'm sure.

My lap was TCS on, although wheel not controller maybe it will help.

I guess it depends on your memory, I can pretty much imagine every corner in my head since GT5.

It doesn't take long to learn really, it's easier than you think because there aren't many corners that look identical.

I honestly think the average person, will be able to memorize it after ~25 full laps.

So, what's that, a few laps a day for a week to learn Nordschleife? Not that bad.

If you have a defeatist attitude, I suppose you'll never achieve anything, though.
Yeah I’ve played this track easily 15+ years. I don’t know the corner names or anything, but can probably drive it in my head right now. It’s not that hard to just memorize the track broken into sectors.

Those 9 seconds are only a couple tenths each corner - you'll get gold I'm sure.

My lap was TCS on, although wheel not controller maybe it will help.

Thank you very much for your "demonstration video", that was a very nice run and a really good time, it's a pity that you lost so much time in the carousel, I estimate almost half a second, but I often make mistakes there that get in the way of the lap ruined.

Your run shows perfectly that TCS is NOT to blame if you don't get gold, but you can also see how well you drive, which means that TCS rarely has to intervene and regulate. And that's exactly the point I always try to make when it comes to TCS, the cleaner you drive, the less TCS has to regulate.
I also find TCS on 1 to be very pleasant and really unobtrusive.

ATTENTION: I am by no means saying that TCS is as fast as without TCS.. if you drive really well, you can be faster without TCS than with TCS.

BUT if you can't be that precise, you're simply better with TCS and probably faster, at least safer.

Started today with controller. Was surprised how easy the sectors have been so far, but I know the full lap is going to be very difficult. Tonight I'm gonna try the last sectors and full lap. Wish me luck...

Last edited:
Started today with controller. Was surprised how easy the sectors have been so far, but I know the full lap is going to be very difficult. Tonight I'm gonna try the last sectors and full lap. Wish me luck...
you got sector 1 to gold with a controller and found it "easy"? Then you're really good.. respect.. especially the first sector was really tough.. At first I had my doubts whether I should do the route at all, since sector 1 was tricky. But the other sectors were clearly easy, I agree with you.

Last edited:
Good number but it doesn't look real when TC is on, stability control is on, corner assists are on, even brake assist is on.

What time do you get when all are off?
ASM and countersteering are off - they are too invasive on this car and upset the balance. Abs is weak, my logitech pedals and feet are not compatible with ABS off.

With TCS off, I can get about a half tenth faster on most sectors, but only sometimes, I crash a lot, so a full lap is generally DNF or just a write off.

But I don't subscribe to 'it's not real if assists are on'.

My take is that TCS helps me find the line between fast and crash and ride it. I'm not good enough to give the exact throttle and brake inputs without the assists consistently - yet. TCS doesn't make me faster, but it means when I push just beyond the line I get feedback instead of crashing. If I push just a little harder again, assists don't help, still crash and burn.

Could I learn to be fast without assists? Sure, I think anyone can if they're stubborn or talented enough, mostly stubborn in my case. But personally I enjoy the experience more with them and I learn faster with them- on this particular combination of car and track.

At the core of it - for different people and driving styles, assists are going to have different results. What works for me won't work for everyone, and won't be fun for everyone. But I think part of the game is learning to understand them so you can use them to your advantage and have more fun. I'll definitely try to improve later and get faster without TCS, but for now I'd rather get an assisted gold and then spend some time in sport mode.

you got sector 1 to gold with a controller and found it "easy"? Then you're really good.. respect.. especially the first sector was really tough.. At first I had my doubts whether I should do the route at all, since sector 1 was tricky. But the other sectors were clearly easy, I agree with you.
I think I was very lucky in sector 1.

Golding Suzuka with the Red Bull on GT5 with a controller makes me think this is possible - but it sure does sound difficult.

If it was part of the requirement for a trophy I would of likely given it a go already, but bragging rights are cool too I guess.

I didn't find it hard at all. There's a lot of margin for "error". My first full lap was a little bad, still managed to get 6:38.761. Then on the second lap I golded with 6:37.423.
It took me 20min or so.
I think any average player can get gold.

Last edited:
As someone who doesn't own PS4 or 5 and obviously GT7, I beat it for my friend in 10th try :P
I still think Vettel Challenges in GT5 were hardest I golded in GT series

Back