Why 99.9% of all players won´t gold the Nordschleife Circuit Experience!

• Thread starter zocker_16
  • 607 comments
Or you don't like the ring or the car.
Well there are many tracks in this game, I can't practice them everyday either (I don't even mention many cars). So no, I am not practicing the ring everyday (and the same can be said about many tracks as I barely do 3 races per day in general).

And the ring is not in my least favorite track list, on the contrary it is among my favorites. So I don't tend to avoid it. That is just that I have a limited time to enjoy the game.

But I am not in a hurry, I hope that with time, I'll progress and gold it one day.

Well there are many tracks in this game, I can't practice them everyday either (I don't even mention many cars). So no, I am not practicing the ring everyday (and the same can be said about many tracks as I barely do 3 races per day in general).

And the ring is not in my least favorite track list, on the contrary it is among my favorites. So I don't tend to avoid it. That is just that I have a limited time to enjoy the game.

But I am not in a hurry, I hope that with time, I'll progress and gold it one day.
Don't worry it wasn't a reproach or an accusation. I wish you can do it, but only when the update is there to get better rewards there. Because if so, it should be worth it for you.

Everyone as he has time and desire to play and this challenge.

I'd like to ask the question also here: Do you think the demo ghost is Kaz himself?
[E] Oh and on topic:
I found all of the sectors pretty doable in Gold, except Hatzenbach, the first one. Still struggling with this. The easiest are the fast ones.
How in the world does the demo ghost take the second corner so fast? I can't replicate that.
Aside from that i now found out that the two hardest corners of the track are the first one and the last.
On my first lap i missed gold by four seconds, let's see if i can gold it today.
[E2] Ok, the secret is to take the second full throttle. Golded it now, now on to the lap

Last edited:
but only when the update is there to get better rewards there. Because if so, it should be worth it for you
That's another reason I don't push too much on Circuit Experience right now.

And I have plenty of races not done via café menus that I want to gold (various WTC 600-700-800 mainly). Struggling on some.

I hesitate to buy the BMW from CE on the ring to use it to become more acquainted with it next time I'll try on CE.

That's another reason I don't push too much on Circuit Experience right now.

And I have plenty of races not done via café menus that I want to gold (various WTC 600-700-800 mainly). Struggling on some.

I hesitate to buy the BMW from CE on the ring to use it to become more acquainted with it next time I'll try on CE.
At the moment it's manufacturer competition, so you can get an M6 for free in the long run. You can ride it as much as you want until the event ends.

yes but I hesitate to sign a contract with another manufacturer, I am a really requested pilot :lol:

and the test season is about to be done ?

Last edited:
Anybody else notice that the car runs at 610pp with stock power and weight? I wonder what they're doing to the car.
They say LP610 / 436kw -1300kg weight... realy dont know how they can do that.

But at Powersheet you can see why so many have problems with it at 2. and 3. Gear
750 nm very early

Btw BoP for 24h are lower...

Attachments

• 20220331_162137.jpg
    20220331_162137.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 20220331_162713.jpg
    20220331_162713.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Signed my contract with BMW and ran my brand new M6 around the ring in time trial for one lap. A few mistakes here and there, too slow in some corners (better slow than on the grass) and I end up at 7min14... not glorious.

Went on WTC 700 (or 800? PP was 730) at Laggo Maggiore, ended up 5, not my best result there. Resisted the temptation of getting RS because it uses RH in Nürburgring CE. Don't want to get use to softs on this car, plus it gives me more challenge in WTC races.

Last edited:
I'm quite dissapointed that there are so many similarities to GTS. The cars and the music and the overall look of the game. You'd think they could do something different seven years later.
GT series is the iPhone of racing games. Not the best, not the worst, it’s kind of the exact same thing as the previous but with a better camera.

To be honest the only things that I found disappointing were the lack of newer cars and the menu navigation which is a bleeping mess. We are in 2022 and most of the Gr.3 cars are from 2017 and the menus are straight from the 90’s.

But let’s wait a year or so in order to see what GT7 becomes.

It's not because of TCS if you don't have enough time... you don't lose time because TCS brakes it when accelerating, but because you brake too hard into the corners and are therefore too slow.
And I'm 100% sure about that.
I'll do a complete lap with TCS tomorrow and post it here.....TCS is almost only active when you accelerate too much anyway...or the car becomes unstable and loses grip as a result.

You could test how high you have to set TCS to no longer create gold.

Btw.. X Using for acceleration Sound realy difficult.
I’m 100% sure you’re correct.

People that debate the use of ABS and TCS neglect the fact that both are present on modern race cars and that there is a reason for pilots to control their bias and amount during races right from their wheels. Seeing both as “assist crutches” is just plain wrong.

TCS at 1 and ABS at Default is more then ok and certainly won’t be the cause of people not getting gold on these.

However… overworking the brakes, using the wrong gears, taking the wrong lines and not dosing the accelerator correctly certainly will be.

Some of the gold times in GT7 are pretty demanding and require some finesse.

Signed my contract with BMW and ran my brand new M6 around the ring in time trial for one lap. A few mistakes here and there, too slow in some corners (better slow than on the grass) and I end up at 7min14... not glorious.
Another go tonight, shaved 10s, less mistakes than yesterday but still painfully slow.

Started today, after like 10 runs I got gold. First run with a controller I was way off - something like 20s from gold.

Using my fanatec wheel I immediately went to 6:39 after a few laps and was doing close to that, then managed to finish in 6:37.xx - it was tough but some missions are wayyy tougher.

Only set tcs to 2. Toughest part for me was sector 8…

I managed to get gold (-0.900) after 1.5 day of struggle.
I used TCS 1 (only in sector 1) and normal ABS.
The point of breakthrough was to make the ghost .500 short of gold. That was very useful for comparison and motivating myself.

Last edited:
Yes, I agree with this - I struggled to achieve the bronze time, as have many people on my friends list. I got close to silver, but can do no more and, in fact, only one person on my list has the gold time!

As per other comments too, sector 1 is the most difficult - I can only get silver there.

Don't understand why they chose to make this so difficult.

Another go tonight, shaved 10s, less mistakes than yesterday but still painfully slow.
2 laps tonight, 7min04 on the first with a few tens less than friday, and 7min02 on the 2nd, with a bottle at the bridge before the small carrousel

long way to go...

Ok the thread title is a bit controversial but I´ll explain why I say this.:cheers:

I am an experienced Gran Turismo driver with about 20 years in the series. I was successful in many competitions during this time and made it twice to the GT Academy Final in Silverstone. I´m able to do Top 100 lap times in GT Sport and I did thousands of laps around the Nordschleife.
This is my most favourite track and I would consider my times very good there. I´m always within a range of 4-8 seconds to the world records depending on car and class.
So I went for the Nordschleife Circuit Experience and expected a one try gold. This wasn't the case and it took me several attempts to beat the gold time of 6:37.800 only by a tenth. The same challenge in GT Sport has a gold time of 6.57.900 so over 20 seconds more, while the car physics in GT7 seem to be about 5 seconds slower per lap.
So I did more laps and tried the best I could do and got a 6:34.090. Of course this lap wasn't perfect and there will be aliens doing sub 6:30 but I guess no average player will ever get close to the gold time.
From the result of past events and daily races on the Nordschleife I guess there are only a few thousand players around the world who could beat this gold time. If we assume GT7 will sell several million copies this are less than 0,1% of all players.

It took me 10.5 hours and 969.7 miles to gold this with a PS4 controller 6:37:287 time. Needless to say there was a lot of profanity. Messed with the brake balance and traction control/assist to find a comfortable but still competitive balance. TCS1 and counter-steer assist strong, brake balance 2 front and normal ABS.

6:31.982 with Dualsense. Had a very scary moment before the second "carroussel". I lost 1s in the first half of the track, I wasn't expecting doing below .32s. An ideal lap with the controller might be around low 6:30.xx.
Never give up when you screw up a corner; a perferct lap is almost impossible anyway.

I'm curious to see how many more people want and will achieve gold on the Nordschleife :D

I would like to try to do a kind of driving instructor for the ring at the weekend if anyone needs help. Of course, voice chat in German would help, but English is also possible if necessary.

I'm curious to see how many more people want and will achieve gold on the Nordschleife :D
The least I can say is it won't lower my motivation :Dbut I will want to do all the other CE I did not touch at the moment. Done nothing in Asia for instance, as it is a mess to know what you've done or not, I left that entire continent intending to tackle it after I've finished Europe.

Did some CE in America when I was not focusing on Europe (and mainly on tracks around Nurb on the map)

I hope they will add a way to know our status on CE somewhere. At the moment you need to have a notepad outside of the game to keep track of your progression, remember it or circle trough each track's CE to know.

Ok the thread title is a bit controversial but I´ll explain why I say this.:cheers:

I am an experienced Gran Turismo driver with about 20 years in the series. I was successful in many competitions during this time and made it twice to the GT Academy Final in Silverstone. I´m able to do Top 100 lap times in GT Sport and I did thousands of laps around the Nordschleife.
This is my most favourite track and I would consider my times very good there. I´m always within a range of 4-8 seconds to the world records depending on car and class.
So I went for the Nordschleife Circuit Experience and expected a one try gold. This wasn't the case and it took me several attempts to beat the gold time of 6:37.800 only by a tenth. The same challenge in GT Sport has a gold time of 6.57.900 so over 20 seconds more, while the car physics in GT7 seem to be about 5 seconds slower per lap.
So I did more laps and tried the best I could do and got a 6:34.090. Of course this lap wasn't perfect and there will be aliens doing sub 6:30 but I guess no average player will ever get close to the gold time.
From the result of past events and daily races on the Nordschleife I guess there are only a few thousand players around the world who could beat this gold time. If we assume GT7 will sell several million copies this are less than 0,1% of all players.

wow Huge respect I can only dream of doing that track and not coming off more than once lol.
I just cannot remember all the turns and in what order hence I steer clear of it when possible.

6:31.982 with Dualsense
Interesting, I see lots of spots where you keep full throttle and where I lift a bit (if not brake), spots where you lift and I brake and so on. And you are much more agressive with track limits too. I am not shy to ride kerbs but not to that extent.

You are using MT ?

I should pratice sectors to get better (especially those where I lift or brake while you don't)

S'up with the shifting up/down like there's no tomorrow, any reason? 6:52 for example. :odd:
I'm still getting used to the DualSense controller and the new button layout. I keep pressing "x" by mistake.
Interesting, I see lots of spots where you keep full throttle and where I lift a bit (if not brake), spots where you lift and I brake and so on. And you are much more agressive with track limits too. I am not shy to ride kerbs but not to that extent.

You are using MT ?

I should pratice sectors to get better (especially those where I lift or brake while you don't)
Yes, MT. Thus is such a long track so you need consistency. Training the sectors until you can pass it with consistency is key.

I can only hope that this is the hardest track to master in the European section as I've spent more than 800km redoing this event until I got a gold time of 6:37:499.
I don't know who said it but it appears that the car loses performance (bad oil conditions?) after redoing the same event over and over again.

I saw this thread so decided to give it a go. I haven't done any sim racing since early in GT6 (7-8 years). Surface, curbs, physics have changed quite a bit so takes some getting used to and I've never been an "expert" on this circuit. The car is a pig also.

Anyway, spent several hours over two days going through each sector and getting gold in each, then getting close to the example time then getting gold without feeling like I was taking too many risks. I agree with someone above who said sector 8 is the hardest. Sector 1 is just as hard in reality, but that one you can take risks and throw away easily so sector 8 is in it's own league IMO.

The harder part was putting everything together for one lap... my biggest problem at first coming from individual sectors was getting the full flow of lap. I found myself lost a few times going into corners not remembering where exactly I was... so took 5-6 full lap attempts to get a solid mental map of entire circuit before I could start pushing and laying down decent laps with ghosts I could use as a reference. In the full lap sector 8 again was the biggest issue. So easy to lose time if you go less aggressive there and very easy to go off, far enough into lap it was dangerous to risk too much. Anyway, getting a decent ghost time within realistic range of gold was the breakthrough as said above.

NOTE: When I took a break, even overnight, just put PS4 to sleep so I could resume and not lose my ghost. Reading above not sure if my car started to suffer from old oil degradation, but doesn't seem so since I wasn't really losing significant time to ghost on straights.

Anyway, 2nd day of doing full laps I beat gold time (TCS 1, ABS normal, no counter steering assistance). Scruffy lap overall to be honest, but most of my mistakes weren't ones that cost a lot of time, but they add up over six minutes and just barely made it with 0.5 seconds to spare. lol.

I was a fairly fast TT driver in GT5/GT6 so feel like I'll be fine in the other circuit experiences (as far as the other long circuit, I completed Le Mans fairly easily and with much more margin as I was more proficient on that circuit from GT6). Nordschleife was a challenge for me and it feels good to gold it, but also glad it's over. :)

Just spent 185km on this but my first complete lap got me gold easily :D
The car is ridiculously snappy and the moments I caught the first (or even second) tank slapper it just kept wiggling itself up even more :banghead:

I saw this thread so decided to give it a go. I haven't done any sim racing since early in GT6 (7-8 years). Surface, curbs, physics have changed quite a bit so takes some getting used to and I've never been an "expert" on this circuit. The car is a pig also.

Anyway, spent several hours over two days going through each sector and getting gold in each, then getting close to the example time then getting gold without feeling like I was taking too many risks. I agree with someone above who said sector 8 is the hardest. Sector 1 is just as hard in reality, but that one you can take risks and throw away easily so sector 8 is in it's own league IMO.

The harder part was putting everything together for one lap... my biggest problem at first coming from individual sectors was getting the full flow of lap. I found myself lost a few times going into corners not remembering where exactly I was... so took 5-6 full lap attempts to get a solid mental map of entire circuit before I could start pushing and laying down decent laps with ghosts I could use as a reference. In the full lap sector 8 again was the biggest issue. So easy to lose time if you go less aggressive there and very easy to go off, far enough into lap it was dangerous to risk too much. Anyway, getting a decent ghost time within realistic range of gold was the breakthrough as said above.

NOTE: When I took a break, even overnight, just put PS4 to sleep so I could resume and not lose my ghost. Reading above not sure if my car started to suffer from old oil degradation, but doesn't seem so since I wasn't really losing significant time to ghost on straights.

Anyway, 2nd day of doing full laps I beat gold time (TCS 1, ABS normal, no counter steering assistance). Scruffy lap overall to be honest, but most of my mistakes weren't ones that cost a lot of time, but they add up over six minutes and just barely made it with 0.5 seconds to spare. lol.

I was a fairly fast TT driver in GT5/GT6 so feel like I'll be fine in the other circuit experiences (as far as the other long circuit, I completed Le Mans fairly easily and with much more margin as I was more proficient on that circuit from GT6). Nordschleife was a challenge for me and it feels good to gold it, but also glad it's over. :)
Congrats and welcome!

Back