Why 99.9% of all players won´t gold the Nordschleife Circuit Experience!

• Thread starter zocker_16
  • 607 comments
Just golded the hot lap second lap out ... 6:37.649 :D sloppy final corner almost cost me. First lap was a tentative 6.40.xx

Managed to gold all 11 sub sections earlier in about 1hr 30.

Controller players - use brake balance 4 to the rear ... made a huge difference.

Onto the other CE's I guess!

Did all the sectors in 2h, and then did 3 attempts at the full lap so far, 6:40.145 ... Feels so close but yet so far.

Still strugling on my throttle management on the DS4 to be honest.

Edit : 6:38.122 at fifth try, it now feels reachable

Last edited:
God this is tough. Golded all the NA ones within two or three goes, with the obvious exception of Laguna Seca, and decided to give this one a go but ****ing hell, it’s a different league altogether! Spent 20 minutes on the first sector alone and still can’t even make gold! :(

God this is tough. Golded all the NA ones within two or three goes, with the obvious exception of Laguna Seca, and decided to give this one a go but ****ing hell, it’s a different league altogether! Spent 20 minutes on the first sector alone and still can’t even make gold! :(
Don't give up, the first sector is one of the most difficult. ;)

Funnily enough people mention Laguna - I did that okay, but really struggled with Barcelona due to the Huracan being one of the worst lumps I’ve ever driven in a racing game! Finally got there, though.

Look how others do this.. the Key are not pushing too hard... "let it flow"

It shows that smooth driving and concistency is key. The easier it looks the harder it actually is to pull off.
Probably because others have the same problem as I did at the beginning, you try to get into the curve with as much speed as possible, so you brake very late and much too hard, then for too long... and that doesn't work so well with the M6, especially not when the BB is at 0/0 or even at -X. Only yesterday I again optimized almost 300km on the Nordschleife only a few individual sectors, where I tried to copy Igor as best as I could. I didn't manage to drive as fast and cleanly as he did, but I did improve some of my gold times. I also practiced it with MT, because so far I only ride AT.

Probably because others have the same problem as I did at the beginning, you try to get into the curve with as much speed as possible, so you brake very late and much too hard, then for too long... and that doesn't work so well with the M6, especially not when the BB is at 0/0 or even at -X. Only yesterday I again optimized almost 300km on the Nordschleife only a few individual sectors, where I tried to copy Igor as best as I could. I didn't manage to drive as fast and cleanly as he did, but I did improve some of my gold times. I also practiced it with MT, because so far I only ride AT.
Yeah, as shown in his clip he uses different gears to engine brake and be able to turn in a lot better. That's advanced driving technique that doesn't come without lots and lots of training. I personally don't have enough interest in GT to try to develop such skills but kudos to anyone that does.

Last edited:
I'm struggling with the Trial Mountain one. Need to shave 0.117 off my time to get gold. Not sure exactly where I'm losing time.

As there was very positive response on my previous video/post, I've decided to make a tip and advice video with a talk through lap to show some references, which gears suits best and etc. Hope this can help you guys to get gold or even improve your own personal best times!

Last edited:
As there was very positive response on my previous video/post, I've decided to make a tip and advice video with a talk through lap to show some references, which gears suits best and etc. Hope this can help you guys to get gold or even improve your own personal best times!

Great lap (and advice) - I wish I could do that!

Yeah, as shown in his clip he uses different gears to engine brake and be able to turn in a lot better. That's advanced driving technique that doesn't come without lots and lots of training. I personally don't have enough interest in GT to try to develop such skills but kudos to anyone that does.
Honestly that’s just good driving technique it doesn’t matter what game you play, with it… it will make you faster driver period.

Just love this track and did thousands of lap since GT6 era. The version we have here in GT7 looking lot better comparing to GT Sport regarding bumps and how curbs react on the car. Enjoying a lot to drive anything from road car to racing cars. I also try harded the CE and got a 6:22.9. There was some time left but happy with the result since it has being super hard to put everything together with this BMW. Here is the link :)

Simply incredible lap Igor! :bowdown:
I think I need to watch this and go back for some more laps as I´m usually about 6-8 seconds behind your times around the Nordschleife! :cheers:

I golded the licenses, the missions. And I got gold on mission 34 back in the day (from what I hear, this isn't quite as brutal). I'm not that skilled, but I am determined. After my in-laws visit this weekend, I'm starting to get excited to take a crack at this. I love the green hell!

Hey Igor, can you tell us who did the demo laps on CE events? I reckon it wasn't you.

Ok the thread title is a bit controversial but I´ll explain why I say this.:cheers:

I am an experienced Gran Turismo driver with about 20 years in the series. I was successful in many competitions during this time and made it twice to the GT Academy Final in Silverstone. I´m able to do Top 100 lap times in GT Sport and I did thousands of laps around the Nordschleife.
This is my most favourite track and I would consider my times very good there. I´m always within a range of 4-8 seconds to the world records depending on car and class.
So I went for the Nordschleife Circuit Experience and expected a one try gold. This wasn't the case and it took me several attempts to beat the gold time of 6:37.800 only by a tenth. The same challenge in GT Sport has a gold time of 6.57.900 so over 20 seconds more, while the car physics in GT7 seem to be about 5 seconds slower per lap.
So I did more laps and tried the best I could do and got a 6:34.090. Of course this lap wasn't perfect and there will be aliens doing sub 6:30 but I guess no average player will ever get close to the gold time.
From the result of past events and daily races on the Nordschleife I guess there are only a few thousand players around the world who could beat this gold time. If we assume GT7 will sell several million copies this are less than 0,1% of all players.

Last edited:
Back