Why did you stop playing GT 7?

• Thread starter wheelhp
  • 112 comments
I'm still playing but the legendary cars are a bit of a pain to grind for, still. Even though economy is in much better state than release. Think they've even changed the roulette code, been getting 500k gold prizes more recently
I am bitter over the 2000 car garage space. Im having to sell Dealership cars to buy every Legend and Used car in every available color. VIN codes matter in car collection, PD! Reason Im trading garage space new to used is I can always go back and get the dealership cars IF they increase the garage space beyond 2000. Waiting on a certain color Legend or Used car is a bore. I already have all the invitation cars in every color.

I am bitter over the 2000 car garage space. Im having to sell Dealership cars to buy every Legend and Used car in every available color. VIN codes matter in car collection, PD! Reason Im trading garage space new to used is I can always go back and get the dealership cars IF they increase the garage space beyond 2000. Waiting on a certain color Legend or Used car is a bore. I already have all the invitation cars in every color.
That is going to be an insane collection, once completed! You probably have some very interesting grinding methods

So we're in the same boat I had to stop and couldn't finish buying everything in BC I'm sitting at 98% in buying everything in BC but cause of the annoying 2K garage limit I cant.:mad:

Yet alone also adding the multiple colors of all the LCD and UCD.

And to answer the OP topic I never stopped playing GT7 not yet at least I havent missed a day since I bought the game on nov 7 2022.👍

Last edited:
I stopped playing because I bought every car, won every race, golded all my licenses and I have 97M credits in the piggy bank. I have probably 10 or 12 circuit experiences still to do, but I really don’t care to complete them. My main account does not work in sport mode ever since the SNAFU that screwed everyone’s Sport mode months ago.

I started a new account and have a goal of getting to collector level 50 with spending the least amount of money just to prove there is no economy problem with the game. So far I’m Collector Level 38 and have spent less than 4M credits on cars. I’ve only bought 6 cars. The 787b was 3.3M of those credits. Overall I’m having fun, but I know my time is limited with this game unless they drop some major updates with more races/championships/missions to do.

Last edited:
That is going to be an insane collection, once completed! You probably have some very interesting grinding methods
I don't, I cheat and use a macro because PD really pissed me off in GTS with the Dirty Lemans Gr1 Audi and they refused to refresh the mileage exchange with the Bianco Alpha Alfa Romeo GT3 Road Car.

I grinded out all of those credits, bought every car in every possible color/livery, beat Lewis Hamilton, entered every thing that rewarded unique cars/liveries....only to be stopped by some a-hole's decision at PD. Looks like its about to happen again with the garage limit.

So, to save my sanity, I just turn on my desktop and remote play, start macro, go to bed. Wake up to 3 million, 6 million if I leave it on while at work.

I don't, I cheat and use a macro because PD really pissed me off in GTS with the Dirty Lemans Gr1 Audi and they refused to refresh the mileage exchange with the Bianco Alpha Alfa Romeo GT3 Road Car.

I grinded out all of those credits, bought every car in every possible color/livery, beat Lewis Hamilton, entered every thing that rewarded unique cars/liveries....only to be stopped by some a-hole's decision at PD. Looks like its about to happen again with the garage limit.

So, to save my sanity, I just turn on my desktop and remote play, start macro, go to bed. Wake up to 3 million, 6 million if I leave it on while at work.
I will never fault a man for being honest in what he does, bravo....

I stopped for a couple of months. Just resumed lately with the new format of weekly challenges. Even that, i play maybe just once a week,

I hated the progression, I went back to GT4
I don't understand this...

I agree with most people here, that GT 4 had better single player content...

But once you are did all the single player content what reason is there to switch back to GT 4 ?

GT 7 has far better graphics, much better driving physics and GT 4 has no livery editor and no option for custom races like GT 7...and I can't remember that the AI is any better in GT 4...(but it is a long time since I played it)

I do miss the two italian TT Tracks(Citta di Airia and Costa di Amalfi), and now, since I found a way to enjoy the rally tracks also miss something like Chamoniox...but that's about it, anything else is better in GT7 for me...(and yes, I do like anything more about the new Grand Valley Track compared to the old version...)

I have 90% of the cars and stopped playing many months ago because of the grind. Well, that and the constant roulette slap in the face.

It became a frustrating waste of my time.

Last edited:
I've taken 3 breaks now (in one currently).

First one was shortish in July '22 after a stretch of putting in a ton of time into beating the missions and loving it until Lake Mag one that simply ruined my desire to play lol. Took a 2-month hiatus Dec '22-Jan'23 because I didn't know what to do or work towards once I got all the cars AND they had the Mass Effect trilogy as part of free games and played all three.

Then time trials became my obsession MAJORLY and it made me a dramatically better driver! Awesome community in that thread - BUT - it became an obsession. Started waking up few hours early almost every morning regardless of the time I went to sleep at night and it started taking a toll. I was on a 14+ TT streak of getting gold, which took a lot of work in most cases for me, and it made me feel proud. But the streak started causing me anxiety because I didn't want to break my streak. Enter the Maserati MCsomething and the down under track and just couldn't put together a lap to break into gold - put in 1250-miles trying desperately to get gold and it felt devastating (which made me feel embarrassed as grown man, husband and father allowing something that is fun to wreck how I felt). Played for a bit longer before taking another break of 1.5-months. actually didn't really game much in that time

Then they had spec2 come out and I got hooked again! Golded all the tests etc. and enjoying my time. Just so happened my daughter wanted me to play something new and playing Generation Zero (free game from one of the last 2-3 months) and while I'm not completely in love with the game, I'm a sucker for open world games and yeah

But once you are did all the single player content what reason is there to switch back to GT 4 ?

GT 7 has far better graphics, much better driving physics and GT 4 has no livery editor and no option for custom races like GT 7...and I can't remember that the AI is any better in GT 4...(but it is a long time since I played it)

I do miss the two italian TT Tracks(Citta di Airia and Costa di Amalfi), and now, since I found a way to enjoy the rally tracks also miss something like Chamoniox...but that's about it, anything else is better in GT7 for me...(and yes, I do like anything more about the new Grand Valley Track compared to the old version...)
Turning off all traction control and driving aids for both games, GT7's driving model is still a bit unfinished. Tuning doesn't always fix the way some Front engined cars understeer. GT4 is more gamelike and more fun overall. GT7 has zero sense of progression once you complete all menu books (which can be done in a few days), it's just not fun after that. So I see why people prefer the older games, also the bonus being if GT7 servers go offline, you can't enjoy the game, but GT4 is already offline and still very much playable. Especially if you grew up on GT4 and now you have a good pc you can enjoy the wonders of upgraded framerate graphics etc with EMULATION . I see why people are returning to older games now.

Last edited:
GT7 has zero sense of progression once you complete all menu books (which can be done in a few days), it's just not fun after that.
[OPINION ALERT**OPINION ALERT]
I agree on the sense of progression after completion, but.... But i make the effort to find how to complete already "done" races with other cars that are overlooked, underestimated, or totally out of their league..this is fun for me.

for example IRL when (let's say Patrick Dempsey ) completes a race, does he just go away saying "okay, I had done Le Mans, I don't have to do it again" NO, he does not, he just goes back the next year and after and nowadays he is running a team "DEMPSEY-PROTON" Porsche GT3s

Last edited:

Having recently live streamed a GT4 playthrough I feel it is superior because it has way more events, you can progress your own way, and the AI varies in a much larger scale.

After completion of GT7, you can either do scapes, sport or online. Awesome if you like them, awful if you don't.

GT4 on the other hand? New game withPrize cars only? Do able. Restricted drive trains? Doable. Credit spending limit? Doable.

Last edited:
After completion of GT7, you can either do scapes, sport or online. Awesome if you like them, awful if you don't.
Or play through events again, I don’t know… just like GT4 once those events are completed.
Don’t understand what you’re trying to prove here but it’s almost as if you’ve never played GT7
GT4 on the other hand? New game withPrize cars only? Do able.
Easy to create a new account and start a new game, there is information on this very forum on how to do it.
Restricted drive trains? Doable.
Yup that’s in GT7 as well!
Credit spending limit? Doable.
In GT7 this would be in place with specific PP limits like the lightweight Kei car k cup 400pp races or the clubman plus at goodwood and many others.

Again it really seems as if you’ve never played this game to actually see these are still there.

I stopped playing mainly because i was busy with my graduation project. That and just lack of motive in general. I also got hooked with other titles in that time period, mainly 100% completing Gran Turismo 1, messing around in GTA 4, replaying Mafia 2 and doing long distance trucking in Euro Truck Simulator 2 for some reason.

That being said, the November update was pretty interesting so I'll probably visit GT7 once again.

Or play through events again, I don’t know… just like GT4 once those events are completed.
Don’t understand what you’re trying to prove here but it’s almost as if you’ve never played GT7

Easy to create a new account and start a new game, there is information on this very forum on how to do it.

Yup that’s in GT7 as well!

In GT7 this would be in place with specific PP limits like the lightweight Kei car k cup 400pp races or the clubman plus at goodwood and many others.

Again it really seems as if you’ve never played this game to actually see these are still there.

Having reached collector level 50. I think I have played this game. In GT4 you could go along so many different paths to progress, in GT7 it's each menu on a ladder.

That would be like arguing Final Fantasy XIII had the same progression Final Fantasy VII (spoilers, it doesn't)

Having recently live streamed a GT4 playthrough I feel it is superior because it has way more events, you can progress your own way, and the AI varies in a much larger scale.

GT4 on the other hand? New game withPrize cars only? Do able. Restricted drive trains? Doable. Credit spending limit? Doable.
Basically you are saying, all you can do in GT4, once you did all the races, is play the same events again...(with some minor possibilities of change...)...if that works for you, it's all good!

With the custom race option in GT7 you have total freedom to create any race or championship you can imagine (with the available cars and tracks that is...)
The possibilities that GT7 gives you with the custom races are endless, limited only by your imagination...

GT4 can't offer nothing in that aspect...

Basically you are saying, all you can do in GT4, once you did all the races, is play the same events again...(with some minor possibilities of change...)...if that works for you, it's all good!

With the custom race option in GT7 you have total freedom to create any race or championship you can imagine (with the available cars and tracks that is...)
The possibilities that GT7 gives you with the custom races are endless, limited only by your imagination...

GT4 can't offer nothing in that aspect...

Ah the custom race option. So, the player has to do PD's job for them? Noted. (Incidentally there is a random race option in the circuits section)

Last edited:
I've stoped playing GT7 out of complete boredom, sure Spec 2 was a step in the right direction but just not enough to hook me long term.

I too went back playing GT4 and I'm having a blast making my "custom races" in arcade mode.

My PS+ subscription ended and the price hike made me not renew it. I've collected every car so there's not any motivation to keep me playing, apart from a Time Trial here and there just to afford the cars from future updates.

My PS+ subscription ended and the price hike made me not renew it. I've collected every car so there's not any motivation to keep me playing, apart from a Time Trial here and there just to afford the cars from future updates.
You might know this info, but just in case, you can do online TTs without PS+

Back