WMA International Touring Car Championship Season II

• Thread starter ITCC_Andrew
  • 1,272 comments

Which points system should we use?

• 1: 40 per race, 20 pole position, 0 points second in qualifying

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
BTCC 406, from 1997. Campaigned through to 1999. Replaced the 405. Then the 407 came in for the BTC era regs from 2000 onwards.

Yup, I know that the 40x is there to state the year and such, with the x referring to the generation number. Like Lancer Evolutions, Ferrari F40, F50, and F60, Peugeot also puts the generation numbers on their cars.

Anyways, as it relates to ITCC: because there is, apparently, no 407 in GT5, we use the 307/207. 👍

Have you ever heard the sound of Dahlgren's C30? This car is sick 👍
And Thompson is/was one of the best touring car pilots because he gives at least 110% all the time ;)

Fully agree.

It also helps that James Thompson runs #15 on his Alfa Romeo (which, even according to Top Gear, are very beautiful looking cars.)

What actually annoy's me is that GT2 had all the 90s STC cars, Mondeo, Peugeot, Renault, Vauxhall, Volvo, Primera, etc,

And speaking of Mondeo, not in GT5 :sad:

Why couldn't they just stop being knob's about everything and just give us RETRO TOURING CARS! as Premium DLC!

I miss those cars, too, Dave. But, at least we still have the Primera, right?

Edit:

792360_10151492078723092_1489222034_o.jpg

This is the reasoning for my Signature. Dukes of Maser! :lol:

images

Last edited:
406_2.jpg

BTCC 406, from 1997. Campaigned through to 1999. Replaced the 405. Then the 407 came in for the BTC era regs from 2000 onwards.

I remember that one from ToCA Championship Racing for PSX. My main choice of car in that game was the Audi A4, the lone 4WD ride in there. What a car!

Looks like something one might see in a rally event!

Or, as the name implies, Dukes of Hazzard?

Anyways, excluding bad jokes about lame television shows, you up for Motegi East? Same time, same day; this time, though, it's for points.

Yes, I am!

Sweet.

Guys, for any of you who are extremely happy with your current cars, I'm taking final sign ups until the end of the week.

Choose your cars, now!

And, the long awaited (:lol: not really) and unexpected (:lol: not really) decision I made:

Yup. Volvo.

No! No James! hell you have sold this series to me already :lol:

No! No James! hell you have sold this series to me already :lol:

Well, you know when, and where, considering last season. :dopey: But, the second I see an orange Subaru, I'm spinning the Flying Dutchman.

And, still no James. But, since we were talking about tracks that don't officially exist in GT5, I just had the inspiration to mention the track James made that was nothing like its namesake. It was, actually, closer to Miller Motorsports Park than Barber Motorsports Park.

Anyways, back on topic:

Points!

Qualifying:

1st - 20
2nd - 18
3rd - 16
4th - 14
5th - 12
6th - 10
7th - 8
8th - 6
9th - 4
10th - 2
11th to 16th - 0

Races 1 and 2:

1st - 40
2nd - 38
3rd - 36
4th - 34
5th - 32
6th - 30
7th - 28
8th - 26
9th - 24
10th - 22
11th - 20
12th - 18
13th - 16
14th - 14
15th - 12
16th - 10

Concon, what were your lap times? I really think the cars are evenly matched, but, I wanna keep my eye on your SRT4 and the BMW, to make sure they're at pace, not fast/not slow.

Concon, what were your lap times? I really think the cars are evenly matched, but, I wanna keep my eye on your SRT4 and the BMW, to make sure they're at pace, not fast/not slow.

So in short, it really comes down to the driver's skill. This should make it interesting.

MrMelancholy15

I ended up not running any laps. :( I got caught up in homework :grumpy:

I did 276, 1200, then 286, 1200, and I was still about 1.5-2 seconds slow when I wasn't getting punted off the track every other curve, even more when I was. I also can't add any more power.

I did 276, 1200, then 286, 1200, and I was still about 1.5-2 seconds slow when I wasn't getting punted off the track every other curve, even more when I was. I also can't add any more power.

That car won't work :(

Maybe try the standard Yaris//Vitz they have more displacement => maybe more Torque => maybe more competitive ??

Or look where the peak-power is => shortshift and therefore lenghten the Tranny to get more Topspeed ??

Peak's close enough to redline that it doesn't matter. Power's fine, weight's the issue.

The Vitz was also too slow last season. And, unfortunately, people don't expect how weird/hard to drive your car is, so they bump you by accident; not expecting it. Trial Mountain was always going to be a circuit full of bumps and such, but, you and Riley were run over because you were slower in the corners.

That car won't work :(

:( Basically, this, because you can take weight out, but, you can't assure that the car will actually be faster, given GT5's weird physics.

Lancer, would you drive a different car? Or, are you certain about the Vitz?

Lastly, 24 hours until the video driver's meeting, give or take a few hours.

I'd prefer the Yaris but if there's absolutely nothing you can do I'll drive something else.

For FWD tuning:
Put the Ballast to the rear (don´t know if its +50 or -50)
And you have to create oversteer.
Soft rear and hard front => soft rear ARB´s with harder front ARB´s for example.
Huge amount of negative Toe in the rear helps turning too (around -0.70) with a bit of negative front Toe.
More Camber in the Rear helps too (front is up to you but rear should have more example 2.4)

Dampers the same routine. Harder at Front softer for the Rear.

Play with this guideline a bit and you should be faster, maybe increase the Tire-wear but them races are almost too short for it to strike in.
In addition Understeer kills FWD tires more than Oversteer ;)

It got under during the BTCC etc. discussions :D
Although GT5 Physics are wiered, this helps for FWD´s :D

Back