Which points system should we use?

• 1: 40 per race, 20 pole position, 0 points second in qualifying

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
haha of course ;)
Since today there is a fair at germany where everybody is drunk as **** ^^
But i think my girlfriend had too much fun ^^

Hey, Spass... fun should always be fun, regardless of how it's made.

The Awesome Yaris of Awesome loves getting up on one wheel at the last chicane. She'll hopefully be allowed to go on a diet, which she will also enjoy.

Yeah. I have no ideas for that one, yet. You'll be the tricky car, this season, I bet.

your damn right mate! ;)

But i should go to sleep now otherwise i'll continue to write nonsense because of my drunkenness.

Yeah man, don't forget the metal pale at the side of the bed... Especially if you and your Freundin live together.

I say Freundin, because I'm really not sure of how close you two are.

haha seems like you had fun during testing and racing guys :) Unfortunately I'm way too drunk to drive ^^

:cheers:

As for Lancer, the YARIS of freedom is going to be tough. Godspeed to you man.

Anyways, tomorrow, we're doing the following:

- Commentary from today's racing (just to get the hang of it)

- Yaris testing (you're welcome Lancer)

- Preparing for next race, the season opener at Twin Ring Motegi East Course!

- looking for suspicious activity in the replays.

In the second race, there were a couple examples of how to make a clean inside (and outside) pass, and one very obvious example of how not to. (You'll tell from my reaction)

On an unrelated note, I am considering painting Awesome Yaris of Awesome a nice pink for some GT3 nostalgia. We're not racing at Rome Reverse, by any chance? :D

Lancer, I think we went side by side into turn one.... And it didn't work. So to avoid the inevitable fight, sorry.

On an unrelated note, I am considering painting Awesome Yaris of Awesome a nice pink for some GT3 nostalgia. We're not racing at Rome Reverse, by any chance? :D

There was way too much blue anyways. 👍 But, does this mean that your alias is suddenly female? :dopey:

Anyways, tomorrow, we're doing the following:

- Commentary from today's racing (just to get the hang of it)

- Yaris testing (you're welcome Lancer)

- Preparing for next race, the season opener at Twin Ring Motegi East Course!

- looking for suspicious activity in the replays.

So, when is the season opener?
Also, I ran my Scirocco in those recommended specs, and it was embarrassingly slow. I was 2-3 seconds off the pace with the setup I had on in that race. I don't know if it was the setup or the power restriction and/or weight ballast, but something wasn't right. I then ran some practice laps afterwards with a different setup and got into the 1:35s, faster than I had in the race.

So, when is the season opener?
Also, I ran my Scirocco in those recommended specs, and it was embarrassingly slow. I was 2-3 seconds off the pace with the setup I had on in that race. I don't know if it was the setup or the power restriction and/or weight ballast, but something wasn't right. I then ran some practice laps afterwards with a different setup and got into the 1:35s, faster than I had in the race.

Saturday, Feb. 9th, 2013, 16:30 GMT-5 (EST.)

Also, the Scirocco R remains one of the fastest cars in the ITCC field, albeit only by two tenths faster than my Volvo.

Chances are, you're not as fully adjusted to battling in traffic.

Also, as we're mentioning the battling in traffic, I'd like to remind you to (in case you're unsure of the car in front) leave a small amount of space; at least more than you did.

There will be no further stewarding action, unless I see something horribly out of place, but, a cleaner driver tends to get botched up less, and actually can remain farther ahead of those who see it necessary to follow very close to the car in front.

I recommend at least a car length's worth of space, just in case the driver in front brakes and you don't.

As for the tuning on the Scirocco, try giving your rear anti-roll bar a big shove up, you need it to turn. :)

Edit: As per the specs outlined in the original post, you should have less ballast now, as it was found that the Scirocco was maintaining the same (yes, exactly) cornering speeds as most of the other cars, and was about 10 km/h too fast on longer straights.

Saturday, Feb. 9th, 2013, 16:30 GMT-5 (EST.)

Also, the Scirocco R remains one of the fastest cars in the ITCC field, albeit only by two tenths faster than my Volvo.

Chances are, you're not as fully adjusted to battling in traffic.

Also, as we're mentioning the battling in traffic, I'd like to remind you to (in case you're unsure of the car in front) leave a small amount of space; at least more than you did.

There will be no further stewarding action, unless I see something horribly out of place, but, a cleaner driver tends to get botched up less, and actually can remain farther ahead of those who see it necessary to follow very close to the car in front.

I recommend at least a car length's worth of space, just in case the driver in front brakes and you don't.

As for the tuning on the Scirocco, try giving your rear anti-roll bar a big shove up, you need it to turn. :)

Edit: As per the specs outlined in the original post, you should have less ballast now, as it was found that the Scirocco was maintaining the same (yes, exactly) cornering speeds as most of the other cars, and was about 10 km/h too fast on longer straights.

Well, the thing is, I already have it at the minimum weight of 1200kg, and had to get their with Stage 3 Weight Reduction and then add ballast to get up to 1200kg, since the upgrade put my car underweight. All I know is once I got passed for the lead, my Scirocco dropped back big-time.
And I think my rear anti-roll bar is already at the thickest it will go. I'll check next time I'm in the game and let you know.
And yeah, maybe I do need more practice with pack racing. Most of the experience I get with pack racing has been via the Seasonal Events that now have PP limits. Or a few other online events. I've been roughed-up in traffic before by others (most of the time not in ITCC events), and know what it's like. So those of you in here who have ever felt you've been wronged that way, please know this: You're not alone. I remember doing a SUPER GT online race at Daytona Road Course and got more than my share of bumping from the race's host. And yet, in the races I did in that room, I went 3 for 3 in race wins in my Honda EPSON NSX. That felt good.
I look forward to the season opener and many more ITCC races.

New info on capture/race recap processing:

Never will I ever deny that Race 1 from yesterday was the best race of my life. :D That was the most awesome, stunning race I've ever driven.

But, as for Race 2... :crazy: :scared: :ouch: :nervous: What in the very large blue and green world happened there?

Edit: I'm going to dedicate a portion of my signature to our own whiskymaser, for his lunatic driving. :lol: I haven't seen a car that far off of the ground since Dukes of Hazzard, so...

Last edited:
All I know is once I got passed for the lead, my Scirocco dropped back big-time.

I think that might come down a difference in physics caused by the drafting off of whiskymaser's car, to be honest.

In your first few laps, you were outpacing some of the more front-of-the-pack cars, as was whiskymaser.

But, eventually, whiskymaser & you got tangled up, and I think you lost your groove.

However, just try to leave a little more room, I notice that you didn't do yourself, or any one else, any favours. And, that likely means that you were never on any semblance of a racing line, purely based on the amount of bumping/passing/other "avoiding actions" that put you off of your racing line.

Edit: Oops, too worried about the capture to notice double post! Sorry! :scared:

I think that might come down a difference in physics caused by the drafting off of whiskymaser's car, to be honest.

In your first few laps, you were outpacing some of the more front-of-the-pack cars, as was whiskymaser.

But, eventually, whiskymaser & you got tangled up, and I think you lost your groove.

However, just try to leave a little more room, I notice that you didn't do yourself, or any one else, any favours. And, that likely means that you were never on any semblance of a racing line, purely based on the amount of bumping/passing/other "avoiding actions" that put you off of your racing line.

Edit: Oops, too worried about the capture to notice double post! Sorry! :scared:

I didn't see the double post, but apology accepted.
And I think I missed whiskymaser's airborne escapade. What lap was it on?
And you're probably right, that tangle with whiskymaser probably did throw off my groove. But hey, isn't touring car racing supposed to be about high-octane pack racing? This may be just my opinion, but we were racing quite hard from what I could see. Yeah, it may have been too early in the race for that, but as long as touring car racing continues to be about high-octane pack racing, there's bound to be bumping, beating, and banging. It's the nature of the discipline. I'm not trying to cause trouble or blame anyone, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see plenty of hard racing in future races, especially in the closing laps.

Yeah. I'm just saying that there are times for bumping/pushing (within reason!!) and sitting back and finishing laps. No one likes being spun.

As for whiskymaser, did you look behind you before coming to the finish line for the final time yesterday? If so, your mirrors would likely have been full of Nissan 240SX hatchback engine bits... Photos coming soon.

My race 1 start felt like this, by the way. I'm happy about that.

That was an awesome start! Where did you finish? And no, I think I missed the aerial antics.

So, the win still eludes you?

In what?

I won a few races last season in ITCC, I won a championship (Conti Tire) last season, and in Race '07 I've also won a fair share. But, I like to put Race '07 up to 110% and actually have fast races. I noticed that when I came back to GT5, from playing STCC on Race '07, I was immediately faster in touring cars :sly: and slower in basically everything else :scared: :lol:

I'm going to dedicate a portion of my signature to our own whiskymaser, for his lunatic driving. :lol: I haven't seen a car that far off of the ground since Dukes of Hazzard, so...

i was just reminiscing in the gran turismo 2 days when that was the only track you could get air on

I'm afraid I'm going to have to pull out of this series. The other forum I frequent has recently been restored after being offline for 6 months due to being hacked. They're hosting an IROC series over there which I would like to participate in, and I've been a member over there far longer than I have over here.

I hope you guys understand, and I wish you all good luck for this season.

Lancer, I think we went side by side into turn one.... And it didn't work. So to avoid the inevitable fight, sorry.
That wasn't the one I was talking about, but apology accepted anyhow.

There was way too much blue anyways. 👍 But, does this mean that your alias is suddenly female? :dopey:
To me, cars are always female. And she's always been white, not my traditional blue.

Races where fun but me think the SRT4 could loose a bit of Power.
Golf was fine with 256//1250 maybe add some weight (10-20kg) because my Tire-wear was almost nonexistant.

For FWD tuning:
Put the Ballast to the rear (don´t know if its +50 or -50)
And you have to create oversteer.
Soft rear and hard front => soft rear ARB´s with harder front ARB´s for example.
Huge amount of negative Toe in the rear helps turning too (around -0.70) with a bit of negative front Toe.
More Camber in the Rear helps too (front is up to you but rear should have more example 2.4)

Dampers the same routine. Harder at Front softer for the Rear.

Play with this guideline a bit and you should be faster, maybe increase the Tire-wear but them races are almost too short for it to strike in.
In addition Understeer kills FWD tires more than Oversteer ;)

I think it was because the golf was so much heavier and with less hp than the neon. I was running 276/1200. That's 20 hp and 50 kg advantage. I'll run 1220 if that helps.

And there is no Seat Leon. But I think the Peugeot 406 coupe and the Seat Ibiza Cupra would work well as replacement.

Those are the cars I meant. I tested both the 406 Coupe, and the Ibiza Cupra, but never really remember the names. :dopey: I'm a Volvo guy, after all. Robert Dahlgren is awesome. And James Thompson's Alfa Romeo. :drool:

There is no Peugeot 407 in GT5 ;)

Yes, I meant 406, I guess. Thing is, I'm not the biggest fan of Peugeot cars, but I like racing against them; it's so much more real, when it seems like the real WTCC. That's why there's also the Alfa Romeo, and the SEAT Ibiza Cupra (looks like the Toledo) in ITCC. I want it to really resemble a touring car series, with every touring car from BTCC, STCC, WTCC, and CTCC... :lol: All of the touring car series, no doubt. Including even the American Touring Car Championship, where Concon's SRT4 competes, I believe.

i was just reminiscing in the gran turismo 2 days when that was the only track you could get air on

That's what you think. :sly: :lol:

I think it was because the golf was so much heavier and with less hp than the neon. I was running 276/1200. That's 20 hp and 50 kg advantage. I'll run 1220 if that helps.

It's okay, I told Sak to run + 10 hp in Golf. Your SRT4 and my Volvo seemed even, which is awesome, because I always thought you'd be one of the faster, if not the fastest, drivers in the field.

Those are the cars I meant. I tested both the 406 Coupe, and the Ibiza Cupra, but never really remember the names. :dopey: I'm a Volvo guy, after all. Robert Dahlgren is awesome. And James Thompson's Alfa Romeo. :drool:

Have you ever heard the sound of Dahlgren's C30? This car is sick 👍
And Thompson is/was one of the best touring car pilots because he gives at least 110% all the time ;)

There is also a racing version of the 406. It raced in a series in Germany called STW during the late 90s. I really liked this car when I was a kid :)

406_stw1997.jpg

406_2.jpg

BTCC 406, from 1997. Campaigned through to 1999. Replaced the 405. Then the 407 came in for the BTC era regs from 2000 onwards.

Back