WMA International Touring Car Championship Season II

• Thread starter ITCC_Andrew
  • 1,272 comments

Which points system should we use?

• 1: 40 per race, 20 pole position, 0 points second in qualifying

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Could you spec a Mercedes C 63 AMG? I'm actually kind of interested in racing again.

Could you spec a Mercedes C 63 AMG? I'm actually kind of interested in racing again.

:scared: If you want to run with a LOT of ballast and 50% power limiter, and absolutely dead-last, maybe.

Otherwise, I say again, let's try to pick a car with less than 3 litres of displacement (from the OP.) That still leaves plenty of RWD, fun cars.

Any idea of date and times of pre-season/testing/official season?

Testing will be pre-season mini races, for fun.

We'll have one Saturday afternoon; I think I'll run an open lobby from 4 PM EST (my timezone) 'til 6 PM EST.

Last edited:
👍👍👍 ... I'll try to be there ... no promises ... :lol:

I don't even make promises. I still need to check my own schedule (or, rather, R1600Turbo's schedule, since I'm running in his track day.)

Edit: Checked, and changed above post to be correct.

Basic list!

Cars to spec:

Lancer evo
Subaru br-z
Scion FR-S

Toyota GT-86
Subaru impreza sedan
Subaru impreza hatch
Honda cr-z
Honda civic r
Mazda antenza sport
Peugeot 207 gti
Citroen c4
Suzuki swift
Lexus isf
Ford focus
Volkswagen golf
Volkswagen scirocco
Nissan skyline (sedan)

Okay, everything that's not striked out is okay for further testing.

And my own additions to that list:

Subaru Impreza Sportcross WRX STi
Dodge Neon SRT-4
BMW 330i
Volvo C30

Renault Sport Megane,
Honda Civic,
Mazdaspeed Atenza

does this mean no integra?

That's the million dollar question, it goes both way's, "That's what she said" :sly:

Also 1 or 2 endurance races, perhap's cape ring, Nurburgring 24hr, Bathu..... Trial Mountain Reverse, Le Mans???? who likes it?

That's the million dollar question, it goes both way's, "That's what she said" :sly:

Also 1 or 2 endurance races, perhap's cape ring, Nurburgring 24hr, Bathu..... Trial Mountain Reverse, Le Mans???? who likes it?

I'll put it up for discussion...

I wouldn't mind an enduro at Trial Mountain Reverse. Con's happy, I know.

Thing is, it should be a track people don't run very often, and it should be long, but not difficult. And, I like Cape Ring, too, but, I don't like the jump. I'd have to see if we could somehow find a way to avoid the jump... Or, we could just let everyone have at-it on the jump.

Le Mans isn't overly complicated, and 2005 with no chicanes???? :sly: easy :lol:

As for Cape ring there is no plausible way to avoid the Jump, without doing the South or inside circuit,
so I can see why you won't want to run it,

There are a lot of good Tracks we aren't going to but are plentiful in fruition of great endurance racing,

Last edited:
Sorry, I don't know what type of thing to expect from the Le Mans/Nuerburgring type circuits, with touring cars. I don't know what the draft would do at Le Mans, or if it's even possible to pass @ Nuerburgring.

Thing is, I almost want this to be a bracket series, with everyone running similar lap times, and the Nuerburgring/Le Mans might not lead to close racing, either.

But, we can test it, and see.

my thought's, as car's will be based on equal lap times, Le Mans would be more balanced then Nordsheife section, Maybe, I can't say for sure, But we know what's close and what's not from season 1,

My suggestion, go with what car's from season 1 are coming to season 2, update the spec's because of 2.09, and go from there, if we keep it to modern car's, 2000 and newer things should remain pretty equal,

Not with these cars...

Touring cars...

The 'Ring would separate the men from the boys.

What polar said is somewhat true. Somewhat. These cars won't be hard to drive on the 'Ring. We don't run absurd ride-heights. We run some pretty easy-driving cars. But, contact's almost inevitable at the 'Ring.

Problem is, the specs need drivers. I need people to test different tuning setups. Everyone likes their cars to handle slightly differently. Someone might not be able to drive with oversteer (like me,) but might be able to run some ringer laps with a car with a touch of understeer.

So, we just need test drivers, tomorrow.

Dave, we're running a test tomorrow, we'll use Season I specs as a starting point, and then change them to fit the 2.09 update, and the new tires for Season II. So, we'll see everyone tomorrow at the normal WMA ITCC time. :)

After that, everyone's competing for the fastest lap, and cars will be bumped down in weight to match the faster cars.

If we go 24H track, the cars will spread out by the time we get to the Nordschliefe. And besides, since these cars are slower, it'll be easier to pass cleanly as long as the drivers are decent.

Latest Posts

Back